Survivor (Big) Survivor: Starhome

Janzen Q1: ok so I have two main questions: number one, both you and tommy so far have claimed to kind of run the game. I expect Eli might say the same. I asked Tommy this too already, but is there any evidence you can point to that would prove that you were the one in charge and not them? Like maybe some votes where they worked in your favor and not in their best interest? Or any other evidence you can think of

Ryo A1:
The main evidence for me over eli is probably f5.

At f5 I was Eli’s main target, from f8-f5 I had gotten my non-immune ideal target every time. At f5 eli saw me as his biggest threat and I saw Eli as my biggest threat. Tommy wasn’t even really in that equation.

It was Ryo vs Eli- Yet Eli wasn’t able to take me out at f5, that’s the main indicator to me that I played a better game than Eli.

As for Tommy, I really do think he played a great game but he’s advertising himself as the most visible player left who openly dictated votes which isn’t true. For some asinine reason Tommy did want Eli at the end with him, but I am confident had Eli lost that he would also be on the jury and Tommy knew I had that over him.

Ryo vs Tommy is a bit difficult in terms of control because our interests typically aligned. I’ll say confidently that I was more visible than him and in terms of controlling the vote-

It was fully my choice between torin or Eli going at F6 not Tommys, and the same for Psy vs Eli at F8

Regardless of what Tommy says about those also being his ideal targets as well, I was always the decider-the one in power

Tommy’s high point at f10 was my only low point in the game, I truly was above him the rest of that

Janzen Q2: and the other one would be that multiple people when voted out said that you lacked game awareness and did not have a good idea of how the game was really playing out. I know you mentioned that you actually had good awareness in your speech, so what would you say to that?

Ryo A2: People who stated I had poor game awareness said so because they thought my plays were too risky and thought it would get me voted out. I was aware of who was getting voted out every single time. I think me making it to the end shows that my plays didn’t get me voted out, for example Torin and Zach thought I was fucked at f5 and by voting out Torin at f6 I was doomed to go home if I wasn’t immune. Well I wasn’t immune yet I stayed in the game, I think that matters.

For Brandon:
F10 was my low point in the game, when Zoa got voted out at that moment I didn’t have control. I was fully safe at f9 but I can’t confidently say I dictated that vote either.

However at f8 I regained control over the game, for whoever wanted to vote me out post f8 Psy was a necessary number for that. Clouds couldn’t create any spark at f7 because Psy wasn’t in the game(which he admitted), and f8 was my only window to take Psy out because other people planned on “goating” him which would’ve been detrimental to my chances to making FTC.

As for F6 and eli, while eli is a great player and I am impressed by him making it to the end. Tommy isn’t completely incorrect about him, in terms of gameplay eli didn’t really do much other than trust Tommy and Tommy kept him out of trouble. Had Eli been less visible as a threat due to challenge prowess he could’ve genuinely been a goat. I was confident my social and strategic game was better than Eli’s and that’s why even though he was the “challenge beast” I don’t think he deserves hype over me Tommy or Tbz. Torin was the better social and strategic player and that’s why I took torin out at F6, if Tommy is going to shield eli and not cut him then that’s on Tommy.

But torin after his positioning, endless survival and two idol plays, played a definitively better game than eli and was my dragon to cut the head off of.

I think a big part of the jury’s confusion was because they didn’t realize how close to Tommy and TBZ I was, people like Zach and Torin seemed to think I was screwed at F5 if I wasn’t immune. Then when I was in that situation and I survived, that shows I was aware of my surroundings and did know what I was doing throughout, and I hope the jury realizes that.

Hi everyone! Congrats on making it to FTC. This should come as no shock to you, but my vote is fairly set in stone. Two of you will not be receiving my vote no matter what, and I will not be reading your speeches as nothing they say will change my opinion. Of the two other finalists, one of you gets my vote in most situations, and the other likely doesn't; however, your speeches, FTC performances, and responses to my questions could change that. (This was all written soon after I left the game so this is purely my thoughts on your game without viewing your speeches.)

TBZ
TBZ, as you know, I feel you emotionally manipulated and gaslit me, in the truest sense of the both. I don't think I need to explain how you emotionally manipulated me, but if you want to know how you gaslit me - remember in call when I was having doubts about me being your number one and you acted like I was crazy to even think such a thing? Yeah that's textbook gaslighting: every time I wanted to approach you about doubts I was having I didn't want to because I was worried you'd get mad at me for doubting our relationship. I’m not voting for someone who used either of these tactics to get here. My one question to you is, was it worth it? Feel free to add anything else in response, as well.

Tommy
Tommy, the way you played the game made the game less fun and less fair. You made the game far easier for your out of game friends and people you spent long periods of time with, and all because you had no intention of winning the game. I think this is really important: *no one should play survivor if they're not playing to win!* Part of the game revolves around everyone wanting to win so if there are people that _don't_ want to win the game becomes inherently unfair. Not voting for you as a result, not that you even want my vote. My question to you is, why did you join the game in the first place? Did you really think it was okay to join an F1 game with the sole purpose of helping your friends win?

Ryo
Ryo, I warned you of Eli's threat level and control over the game at several points and you chose to ignore it. At both F8 and F6, you had the opportunity to take Eli out of the game and make decisions that potentially set yourself up for a win. However, your blatant arrogance, your delusions of grandeur, and your lack of knowledge about both the gamestate and Survivor/ORGs in general caused you to make awful decisions which resulted in the terrible FTC you find yourself in.

You told me things like, "I ran laps around everyone for 70 days" and "Eli's not a threat because he did nothing premerge", and statements like these help demonstrate why you thought your game was far better than it truly was. Merge is a far harder part of the game than premerge, not only because the players you're dealing with are inherently better, but also because there's far more factors to think about at merge and a far greater ratio of players remain in the game after premerge than merge (in this game, approx. 1 out of 5.5 in premerge, and 1 out of 15 in merge). As a result, merge is greatly weighted in considering who should win at FTC, and your incredibly weak merge game relative to your premerge game makes it very difficult to vote you. I was chatting with Brandon about this: it's not that premerge doesn't matter. Premerge is meant to set up your merge game, so a great premerge can bolster good merge, but a great premerge cannot make up for a bad merge. Previously, you also thought that your game was better than Torin's for ??? reasons and that voting Psy [someone who I think was willing to go to FTC with you] out was somehow better for your game than voting Eli. I said it before and I'll say it again: your reads on the game are horrendous, and your inexperience shows.

That being said, you are the only other person I am willing to vote here at this FTC, since my reasons for not voting you are gameplay related. I'm not going to lie, it will be an incredibly uphill battle for you. Here's what I'll do: I'll give you one question at a time, and if you perform well on it, I will give you another until I am either satisfied enough to vote you or confident that I am voting Eli. My first question is: what was/were your biggest mistake(s)? How did that end up affecting your game?

Eli
Eli, really well done this game. I really respect your game despite us being against each other, and your social game was impeccable. There are three main reasons I plan to vote for you. First, your control over the game in early to mid merge was absolutely impeccable and extremely impressive. Second, your incredible social game (combined with others' lack of threat awareness) allowed you to escape being the vote at both F8 and F6. Finally, you managed to navigate to FTC despite being one of the biggest FTC threats since the beginning of merge. It will be very difficult for you to lose my vote here, and I think you know that. The one negative thing that I will say about your game is that Tommy's existence and playstyle undeniably made it far easier for you to get to FTC, though I can't really fault you for the actions of others (especially since the two other non-Tommy people at this FTC also had this advantage). My first, and potentially only question to you is, did you genuinely believe that me going to FTC with you was my best chance? Or was it simply a pitch to stay in the game?

pisxel

when my star shines, will you think of me? ☆
hii! ive made two different little posts for two VERY special individuals at final tribal <3

ryo:

[nothing i say here or in game holds any value out of game]

hii ryoo. i know that misplaying at almost every single tribal council at merge was hard, but this final tribal will be harder! i dont know how you managed to not only know less about how to play survivor than me, but also how you managed to make it to final tribal! in all honesty, if you played for your own wincon instead of throwing votes onto people who willingly goat for you, you'd probably be winning!

before we start, don't try to compare your game to mine. my only goal was making it to merge and being messy. i'm aware of why i went home when i did, and i knew i was getting eliminated before it happened.

------

i would love to go in detail as to how you threw each and every vote at merge, but i'll leave that to the other jury members. instead, i'll ask 5 questions to get to know the reasoning behind some of the worst moves i saw this game, and to help you try and get some of the other jury votes.

both of the following questions are about people who wanted to take you to final tribal, yet you voted them off to keep people who always beat you there.
> what was the reasoning behind the totter vote?
> what was the reasoning behind the psy vote?

f8, the worst vote i've ever seen ever.
> do you still think keeping eli was smart?

delusion.
> do you think your good premerge can make up for a mediocre merge?

finally, the question everyone should be asking you.
> i'm unwilling to, but why should i vote you?

------

now that i'm done, this vote should be an easy eli 11-0-0-0 win. people are delusional however, so you'll probably get second. good luck in trying to sway the votes!

ps: eli having a life outside of orgs isn't "not caring" gtfo LMFAO

eli:

good morning :) it's the morning of december 23rd and i'm writing my obligatory jury speech. once i'm done i'll be working on your parchment! while we're close out of game, my vote has nothing to do with it. i was going to write 5 questions for you, but i decided against it since you're already receiving my vote, and you could be spending the time answering the other questions people have for you. you played a great game, and i hope you're proud of it, even if the votes end up in someone else's favor inexplicably.

i will not be responding to anything addressed to me, do not dm me on discord and do not dm me on smogon.

For Flop:

I don’t plan on taking any digs at you and I wish you were in the game longer even though I’m aware I very likely won’t get your vote here haha.

why did I vote out totter?:

I am very upfront with the fact that f10 was rock bottom for me and I wasn’t in full control of f9. The vote at f9 was between torin and totter, there was initially a majority on totter before people flipped due to hearing news about Clouds’ idol. I voted out totter primarily because Torin was strategically in a more similar situation to me, even though I love totter we were playing different games whereas torin and I at f9 still shared similar interests in game, I also knew torin was likely to get voted out before me so it was better strategically to keep torin alive.

Why did I vote out Psy?

I know this is controversial and I’ve already written a lot about this but the TL;DR is that Psy was a necessary number to vote me out, and by eliminating Psy at f8 I not only regained control over the game but from my POV guaranteed myself FTC, something that was more important to me than booting Eli (especially because I think Psy played a better social and strategic game than Eli did.) if you truly want more reasoning it’s in my full FTC statement.

Do I think my good premerge makes up for a “mediocre merge”?

While I do believe my premerge is indisputably the best out of the finalists, my argument for why I should win is not “my premerge was so good that merge doesn’t matter” I do think I played a good merge, and while I appreciate that you’re asking me questions I don’t think I horrendously misplayed every merge cycle, because If I did then I wouldn’t make the final 4.

Why should flop vote me even though she won’t?

Clearly it’s because we had an F3 alliance and voting me is voting is like for yourself . In all actuality, since you don’t respect my gameplay I would probably vouch my dedication and motivation to why you should vote me to win. I started baking as a hobby because of bigvivor, I submitted something for every single challenge and I’m the only finalist that can say that (although one or two submissions were half assed haha). I played really hard from day 1 and thats something I have that matters even if it’s only to myself.

PS: Eli was one of my favorite people to talk to, I think he deserves to win less than the other 3 but that doesn’t mean I don’t think Eli isnt a killer player. I think I played better than him this time partly because he wasn’t trying for most of it, but there is no doubt in my mind that a max effort Eli could kick my ass.

Have a good night :)) [im gonna stay up because insomnia]

For Zach;

I appreciate that you are willing to vote for me despite our various disputes.

I believe my biggest mistake in the game was at f10, after a shabby attempt to decoy totter, tommy’s hints AND your direct approach, Zoa and I both knew he was getting 5 votes. Part of my mistake was thinking due to my inexperience that advantages were playable on revotes, I was sure that if Zoa got 5 votes that he could play his idol on the revote and remain safe. Even if this was true, by not pressuring Zoa to play his idol and instead being content with a revote- I was creating an opening for the worst case scenario-> one of my most trusted allies going out of the game F10 and putting myself out of a position of power. Being out of control meant that f9 was also between two of my allies- and if it wasn’t for you Zach allying me at f9 it’s possible I may have even been at risk during that tribal. It also from my POV pressured me to make the play at f8 of aiming for Psy; because it was the only push I was willing to make that would put me back in control of the game. Had I played f10 optimally I could have had a much cleaner path to FTC.

(if this answer doesn’t satisfy you I just want you to know that I sincerely apologize for my grandeur and snobbyness in our 1-1s and won’t make excuses for it despite how I felt at the time)

For flop:

I realize I forgot to answer the Eli question.

Do I still think not voting out Eli was smart?

Yes and no,

Yes: in my heart I know myself Tommy and tbz each individually not only played harder but played better social and strategic games than Eli. I love Eli as a person and know he’d probably kick my ass at 100% but much of Eli’s game was genuinely reliant on Tommy (who even then wanted him around because of pregame). While I think Eli is probably the best social-game-player I’ll ever meet, I think both people I voted out at f8 and f6 played a better social and strategic bigvivor than Eli.

No: survivor is all about perception and whether it be Tommy shielding him or Eli’s prowess, Eli had a big threat level and the jury loves him. While I would personally not cast my vote for Eli here I understand how the prospect of the challenge beast making FTC is very appealing. Eli being in FTC is bad because the jury loves him, what myself and other finalists think regarding Eli doesn’t matter, it’s about the jury.

All in all though I don’t think I regret my decision to keep Eli over Torin, because Eli I can confidently say I played better than even if the jury disagrees, while I wouldn’t be able to definitively say I played better than Torin had he been sitting next to me. If Eli wins FTC I might regret it though because I think Torin-Tommy-TBZ would all deserve it more (no shade to Eli intended). That being said Eli is awesome and even if I think it’s undeserved in this game it’s still an honor to lose to such a great guy and player if he does indeed win

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
Eli, I would describe your game as "effortless", with all of the positive and negative connotations that come with that label. All throughout the game, you frequently commented on how little you cared about the game, and wished people would just vote you off already. At first I always suspected you cared more than you let on, but by the end of it all, I genuinely can't tell if you were telling the truth or not this whole time. That's the thing, I have absolutely no idea what of anything you did was gameplay, or having other stuff to do/not giving a shit. Extended stretches of AFK followed by absolute challenge dominance when you actually wanted to participate in them; being gone for large portions of socializing/strategizing and popping in like 10 minutes before like "heyyyy what's the vooooote", yet still having everyone wrapped around your finger. I don't know what was real and what was gameplay, not that it makes a difference because its all ultimately a part of what got you here, for better or worse.

But the crazy thing is that none of that ultimately matters. Despite all of that you played ridiculously optimal for someone who was AFK for such large stretches of game from beginning to end. The fact that you were able to make so much out of seemingly so little, while maintaining control the entire way through, is absolutely bonkers. My hat's off to you for making it look easy, because everyone who busted their ass throughout the game to be in the game-winning position that you are in will let you know that it is most certainly NOT easy.

I just wish I didn't feel so confused about this, because in my brain, I would be more than willing to vote for you, yet in my heart of hearts, voting for you feels wrong. As someone who put so much into this piece of shit, I want the winner of this massive, all-encompassing game to be representative of the people who really put their whole ass pussy into this game, and I do not feel that from you. Yet I can't deny that you played the most consistently strong game of all 81 of us.

Eli, what I want from you is to either CLARIFY to the jury how much you actually cared about this game from start to finish, to show that you worked as hard as the people who wish they were sitting where you are, or to EXPLAIN how your effortless stranglehold on the game should outweigh the time and dedication others fruitlessly sank in. I don't want to hear both, either one or the other please.
hey madmaxfurytoad! i hate your name btw . get a new 1

tbh when i started playing this game i didn't REALLY have any intention of being like "i'm fucking winning this game". that sounds bad but let me explain!!

1. i played last year's bigvivor! in fact, i, uh, "effortless"ly got 8th by not giving a shit about winning, (i was trying to goat for some people i met throughout the game actually because i thought it would be fun) getting better swaps than other people that ultimately led me to be carried through some tribes by people i knew. i did want to make it far but i didnt really have intention to win and really spent most of my effort starting drama or being like literally just a giant troll and i ended up pissing people off. that was fun for me at the time but it's not fun in retrospect so i wanted to change that (and troll less aggressively)
2. in general my mindset towards games like survivor is that it's so fickle, perception is so variable and someone's "wrong" decision changes the entire game to at some points, where boot orders become entireeeely different if this one idol play is right or if you find the clue at the right time! or well, a specific twist that allows you to eliminate two people in a merge and you can't play advantages LOL like wtf @ hosts anyway this is not saying that i do not try or anything, but i think that sometimes when some people lose in a game with random swaps and advantages and you might make it to the end and lose because you disagree with people's assessments on you there is just... not much you can do!!

so when i really, really try in things, especially internet games (bc ive used them as an escape before which isnt healthy) i would be disappointed in myself because i would put in so much effort just to lose. just to lose to THINGS that just happen for no reason too!!

so i put in a goal for myself: i would make a new friend. because that's fun right? you're taking that shit out of the game because you met in a game!! i also think that makes things more retroactively enjoyable as well when you look back!! bigvivor would be not the game where i got 32th because i was on the anti-eimm random tribe, but it's where i met so many people that i sadly have spent three months of my life talking to LOL

and in the early part of the game i admittedly was a bit lackadaisical with that because there was no guarantee that i would be able to make it to my past spot last bigvivor, so sometimes i would do something for "funsies" or i would actually just troll because i didnt feel like i needed to take it seriously at the time

but then i started playing this game, like actually, and put in SO much fucking effort trying to rail that 81p tribal council vote our way in prisons LOL. i was actually mad when civil rights got out and it actually angered me for a bit. like that was the start immediately WJLKAJSD i knew i couldnt keep that up forever cuz some people on my tribe was fun and the other people i lightly talked to were lowkey interesting and it sucked losing an "ally" with them WJLASJLD

so i added a new rule: if i can win or get something my way i will try to win IT or at the time, because i found that stress kind of fun, and i won't take it to heart if i don't. it kept amplifying the longer the game got on (prisons was fun meeting the like. 4 people that were active but i didnt feel like i needed to do much, admittedly ironbound was through midterms so i just wasn't there, cyber i started working more (+ went on some meetups) but i felt like i was fairly active there (outside of first IC which iirc was end of my midterms and the song IC where uhhhh you guys killed it), later half of separatists was the start-end of most of my finals and early merge was me going home and moving and doing things with family. i had merge where i only had work to think about and had real food other than pbj and taco bell LOLL so that definitely helped my activity a ton

if people dont know currently my life right now is that i go to school on a quarter system and work part time! (i actually have my first class again tomorrow, and have been moving most of today so... yeah!) last semester i had an average of 2 exams every week, or if it wasn't an exam it was a decently sized essay. this will likely not change until i graduate, and this plus work plus i needed a specific, high GPA quotient to get certain funding meant that some, or for some weeks, most of their days i would just be REALLY busy lmao. throughout the game i took when im home i increase my hours a bit more. and so sometimes for my sake i would not do a challenge because i was either gone that day or felt like i needed to prioritize something else irl, or very rarely, didn't feel like i needed to contribute to win immunity. or didnt want to record a skit or something LOL.

so, with the new friend thing even when i wasn't "on" i would always try to make an effort to talk to people every day, i feel. some days i would miss it (or sometimes like, in prisons/ironbound those tribes were mostly dead so i would talk to SOME people.) but i have typed what i feel is a lot of messages to a decent amount of people in this game even more than most of my other social games in the same timespan of time talking! i honestly appreciate pretty much everyone i've played w in this game for dealing w me and i like 2 think ive made some cool friends i want to talk to after this game is over!! which i think has been the main thing i was banking on.

but it's not like i was doing my best to goat or not win or anything too, i really really tried to make it here and win despite everything. ive tried to pull off SICK moves. i've spent hours talking 2 people about the game sometimes. i found solidarity wasting my life doing bike race and other endurance challenges like the button garbage thing or the pokemon/hal challenges. i giggled when i realized dyo was being messy in separatists and all the people saw what i was seeing and that we could get him or was rly happy if a vote went my way and i knew about it and felt a part of it! i was actually stressed when i lost F6 and that i could potentially go home at 8 or when u said zoa was considering putting me up in big brother. so despite how i might've felt a bit EARLIER in the game, once i got the ball rolling or during WAVES where i wasnt dying of exams (which in fairness was really quickly and esp i tried during tribals where like. people didn't need to sleepwalk to vote the self-voter or anything) it was very fun and i did put a lot of effort into getting things I wanted!

i have played very mostly on, sometimes off but i mean can't get them all with three months of my life. i spent 4-5 hours on a study sheet for FIC because i wanted to be at the end so bad and even more on this ftc speech! i would sometimes shirk an hour or two or three of studying just to see what was up w/ people!! i literally tried to vote in the last 10 mins of F9 with half of my mouth all numb and drooling and bloody when i probably shouldve just passed out. i spent so many hours on those flash games just to win by a landslide it's not like i got it instantly LOL, and even this last week i would plan my ftc speech in my head during times when my stomach was hurting and i was hungover alone and i had no reason to think about this game at all!! this is not everything but, like, it's weird to get so invested in these games and i definitely did really fast

this sounds dramatic ASJLSADKJL but ive played this game for 3 fucking months lmao and it's not like i magically got to the end through the whims of my life - i really tried to plan it out! im at the point where i have a real chance to win it and i knew i had a chance for a long while, but ive been taking my pace and having fun with it (: (while life sort of beat my ass every so often LMAO)

Duskfall98

Votecount Specialist
is a Forum Moderator
Tommy
Tommy, the way you played the game made the game less fun and less fair. You made the game far easier for your out of game friends and people you spent long periods of time with, and all because you had no intention of winning the game. I think this is really important: *no one should play survivor if they're not playing to win!* Part of the game revolves around everyone wanting to win so if there are people that _don't_ want to win the game becomes inherently unfair. Not voting for you as a result, not that you even want my vote. My question to you is, why did you join the game in the first place? Did you really think it was okay to join an F1 game with the sole purpose of helping your friends win?
Hi Zach, I realise I don't have your vote and probably am not winning but also this hurt me a lot. It feels to just be completely untrue based on how I actually played. I do think I was a hard person to ally, but that is because I had many separatists already. Your argument for pregame may be used on tbz, but you did that too so I don't think it is fair.

For the record I am kind of curious who you thought I should actually take to ftc. Eli is my out of game friend, but should that mean that I can't take the one guy who was with me at start of merge? If I am playing for pregame then why is ryo my number one? I really think that the most pregame thing that could happen here is you voting eli, after him having a game where the only think he got done was winning a few challenges.

And for the record I have literally been playing to win for ages. I am aware I have little pregame votes and it was hard for me to pick out an f4 I could beat, regardless how well I played. But I am curious, how actuallyyou think a possible winning f4 could be rated? This is also in a game where eli tried to get me to flip on ryo every night on the basis he "is fine with tommy winning since we are friends oogs but not ryo". Eli whos second after tommy was viper. Eli whos third after tommy was clouds. Eli whos other allies was literally like eimm zach and eimm tbz? How has eli done anything outside of pregame here, he literally flipped on on separatists immediately running back to his oog friends.

If you want to vote eli here, I get it, he is good friends with you oog and I understand this is an uphill battle for me, but please dont tell me I was the one pregaming when all of elies top handful of allies were literally pregame eimmers he flipped to on the merge tribe.

question for anyone: someone explain to me why several jurors seem to think eli played this amazing game and deserves to win easily, but both of the other ftc speeches almost offhandedly mention that eli was carried and didnt earn the win, like that is a foregone conclusion that we should already be aware of.

Duskfall98

Votecount Specialist
is a Forum Moderator
Janzen5 — Today at 3:08 AM
Ok interesting, that wasnt the answer I was expecting so I went back read your speech more closely (wheew that was long). Btw just so you know, I never tried pushing the vote onto you at the rooster tribal. That idea came solely from the other s16 people but they leaked it to me separately and then must've got cold feet or something, and then acted like it was my idea. At that time afaik the loyalists (including myself) only wanted to get zoa and his idols out. Basically the plan was to tell the s16 group that we were voting you, which they suggested mind you, and then actually vote zoa.

So now for my next question: You say many many times in your speech that you had the most power and that no one else on the ftc made moves without you/your permission. If this is true then that would be pretty huge for your game. Do you have any proof of that besides just saying you were in charge? Like maybe can you point out the times when you steered the vote in a direction that wasn't beneficial to eli/ryo? Or idk if you have a better way of proving that

---------------

To the first bit, yeah this was a moment when I went to the remaining s16s and very hard reinforced the HEY, I AM WITH YOU PART DONT VOTE ME PLEASE. So at least regardless of where it was coming from I wanted to use it as an excuse to bring myself closer whether it was true or not. I definitely wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt here because me trusting them gave them reason to trust me.

I will look at the others guys ftc speeches to demonstrate some votes. I think it is obviously difficult to ask me to name a vote where I didn't work with EITHER of my opposing hard allies, but regardless I can do it!!!

So F9 totter vote if you read the both ryo and eli speeches, neither wanted totter to go at this point, most people actually wanted zach who I was able to keep in the game longer. Totter was actually my ideal vote here as he was definitely someone who could flip on me at some point, and was someone who was likely to give ryo numbers, or eli numbers via clouds. I definitely think this was me stomping my mark a bit and getting who I wanted out of the game. You can debate whether totter was a good vote or not, but he was one of few in the game remaining of people unwilling to work with me so getting him through when my three closest, tbz, ryo and eli would prefer not totters, shows how I was in charge of votes regardless.

I think f8 vote, pisx has demonstrated already how jury feel about this vote with ryo: this vote was entirely me convincing ryo to save eli because he was effectively my goat outside of a good reputation and oog friends. When I went to bed and woke up after the voting started, literally the whole game was in agreement with eli being the boot. Eli had already done all his scrambling and pulled everything he could but everyone except clouds wanted him gone. Jury members can talk to clouds about this moment of course to back it up. I literally logged on and decided I wanted eli to stay and my social pull was enough to shift the votes around. Eli did not save himself and had already burned out, he needed me to shift ryo here. Ryo was actually set on this eli vote prior to me convincing him off.

I hope clouds will tell the jury about our discussions and how much effort I put in to save eli here, he actually was sunk without me at this point (and f6), but I think this was probably the moment in the game where I flexxed my power most. Eli had no allies left, lots of people wanted him gone, he could do nothing to save himself, he was ryos best vote but I managed to shift ryo off and save him, because I knew eli was always voting with me every time and he was a safety net to the end for me.

Also not necessarily a direct but this is adjacent to the question: go read the f10 vote in both eli and ryos ftc. For ryo, clearly this vote was against him, for eli sure this was a big play and a turning point in his game. But also read how much he needed me for this vote. Eli calls me game weak etc because I listened to zoas pitch here. But I think how afraid eli was as me flipping shows how strong it was, and elis fear shows how reliant he was on me. Eli had to vote zoa here to make it to ftc, and also with zoa vote needed to rely on me further. I had a legitimit choice. If I chose to work with zoa, eli is dead on the water. This is not weakness, it just shows how many options I had at this point to take myself to f4, regardless of who I chose to work with.

Duskfall98

Votecount Specialist
is a Forum Moderator
By the way, for the second half of merge both ryo and eli did not want each other at ftc at any cost. The reason they are both here together is because I wanted them, their existence here together is a gaping hole in their games. I picked the f4 and they are here because I picked them, if they have votes because their social game was better then that is what it is. But they cannot say they had more control than me, when their existence together proves how little power they had to go against my wishes.

Nuxl

I will be going to sleep pretty soon but I think it’s pretty disingenuous for u to call me ur goat LOL Duskfall98
By the way, for the second half of merge both ryo and eli did not want each other at ftc at any cost. The reason they are both here together is because I wanted them, their existence here together is a gaping hole in their games. I picked the f4 and they are here because I picked them, if they have votes because their social game was better then that is what it is. But they cannot say they had more control than me, when their existence together proves how little power they had to go against my wishes.
I think ur kind of overplaying this a lot. I think you made a solid 3 that managed to protect each other with the fact that there were other threats in front of you to get real damn close to the end. If it’s post F8, which well, my threat level was inflated to the point where people didn’t want me at the end anyway I don’t exactly think that

I don’t care that Ryo is here rly. I think he threw away his chance to get me when a trio started to play for the trio’s win. I admit I think it is less good than some other combinations because I think Ryo has a good game too, and he managed to get u and tbz so loyal to him that you guys decided to reach FTC because u believe ur own games are better than each other’s and not necessarily because u didn’t go for an easier route. It feels like the trio is playing for “someone in the trio” to win, and I do feel like an alternative cut makes one side get a bit more leverage but I think you feel that is whatever when you might’ve had a path to an easier FTC at that point for you. And I don’t exactly think anybody but me wouldve voted Ryo out at that point so I feel like now you’re just being incredibly disingenuous. Somehow you’ve convinced the people who wanted to vote me out (TBZ/Ryo can comment on either vote if they like) to not vote me out, but I also don’t think you can claim F8 is entirely yours or F6 is entirely yours either. Maybe that’s my mist in making u think u could bring me to the end, so yeah you obviously helped me survive but this seems a bit like an error fmpov!

You chose Ryo and me instead, and I feel like your responses at this FTC are kind of a bit charged possibly because that you’re annoyed that me and Ryo are at this FTC? But I never thought it’s “at any cost”, I’m mostly ambivalent towards it because I kinda holistically think the fact that I’m at the end in general is really kind of strange. And that if you were “playing to win 100%” it’s a bit weird that this “playing to win 100%” mentality, the result of this exact FTC is what you gather is your best bet on paper at the end yeah? You obviously had control because you were basically never NOT making FTC, that’s literally just how endgame works when all the threats are scapegoated because the entire point of shields is that you cut them - so of course in a F4 game these votes start later. I just think you messed up with it, and despite that and all damn perception at the time - a shield made ftc!

Also Ryo had a fallback because he had people willing to take him - as they thought they could beat him thru a sloppy midgame. There was no vote for Ryo so I never cared enough. But for me it’s fine for u to claim that you helped with making a vote to save me but that’s not entirely yours to make because I also talked to them too, and for one reason or another they decided to not take me out when they had the chance - because if I lost F5 I wouldn’t be here to begin with yeah? It’s not because the people u worked with listened to u and bowed down to u but somehow I also managed to make them give me just one damn round.

Duskfall98

Votecount Specialist
is a Forum Moderator
Hey everyone, 'grats on making it here and all that. This is Brandon btw, this username rules ass and forums are wack as shit, so I made it not expecting to have to do anything serious on here. That was a mistake! I'd just like to preface by saying I bear absolutely no ill will toward any of you, nothing I say here is personally targeted and only exists within the confines of the game, and I hope that we can all be chill and get a drink if you're ever in my neck of the woods (don't be, Long Island is a shithole!) FTCs suck ass, so I'm gonna try and keep it as stress-free for y'all as one possibly can while trying to decide on a winner of a game that some of us dedicated our lives to for like three months straight.

———

TBZ, at the time of me writing this, you have not yet submitted your speech. I don't really have much else to say to you unfortunately.

———

Tommy, whether it's gameplay or actual feelings, I give you big props for buttering up s16 people, since we do make up such a large portion of the jury, and even more credit for buttering me up, because anyone who knows me knows that I love me so, so much. Feel free to lmk after all this if this was just gameplay, but you've definitely convinced me that your comments are genuine (and all very very true! Brandon WAS so robbed! I agree completely! :D) Either way it shakes out, kudos for this.

You said at one point that you "did a good job of booting people close to the order that (you) chose, and every vote to now (you've) had at least a big say in who goes." I think your perception of things pre-merge into early merge were incredibly strong, and I think you played a pretty solid game. My issue is that I don't really believe that you had the agency you say you did, and when you did exercise agency, it actively hurt your chances. I think you played a flawless EIMM game and had a winning strategy for that type of game, where all of the finalists win together. But taking Eli to the end, and Ryo to a much lesser extent, feels like a complete blunder.

You say in your speech that you intended to have both in your f4, and even talked Ryo down from voting out Eli at f6. The jury debated about this play for hours because it seemed completely asinine, though this was originally attributed as Ryo's decision in our eyes iirc. The clarification that it was you is helpful, but damning. It was integral to your plan to get Ryo to vote against his best interest here, which you did pull off, but this only allowed for letting the biggest challenge threat AND biggest jury threat to survive long enough to demolish the final challenge. I believe this whole plan was against YOUR OWN best interest. It was going to be a difficult endgame no matter what, having Clouds, Torin, Ryo, Eli, and Zach all still around at f8. You were going to have to sit next to at least one, and instead, you consciously decided to sit next to TWO, including the biggest threat still on the board by the time f6 hit. You played well, but coming into FTC, public perception would say that you allowed at LEAST one player perceived to be stronger than you take a seat at the end.

Tommy, what I want from you is to either CLARIFY if and why you intended to sit next to highly visible threats at the end, or to EXPLAIN that YOU were actually the one who held the agency in the Tommy-Eli duo and not the other way around, and how your under-the-radar/second-in-command game should be valued over Eli's more visible game. I don't want to hear both, either one or the other please.

———

Ryo, there is no doubt in my mind that you played the best game out of 81 other people all the way up to the merge. You made calculated plays and improved drastically over your first outing, which was only just a few months ago. You were genuinely impressive and easily the most improved player from then to now. Most importantly to me, you actively demonstrated the fact that you wanted to be here. I know how bad you wanted to win, and you played your heart out the whole way. I'm very proud of you for having gotten here, truly. You were my #1 ever since we landed together on Cyber and I am deeply appreciative that you never really broke loyalty to me.

That said, we've talked many times about how you wouldn't want to earn FTC votes through pity, and I will clarify here that if you do get my vote, it is not because you are my friend. From my perspective and the perspective of much of the jury, from f12 tribal onward your game kind of derailed entirely. You lost the control and agency you had conducted during the first 50 or so days, and as far as I could tell I'm not sure you ever really got it back. Allowing Eli to get here, when we both discussed from the outset of the merge that he was the biggest threat to win, is pretty egregious. I do have to give you some credit for catching yourself at f5 though, because if Zach left because he knew the vote was on him, I am somewhat impressed that you escaped being the target there instead.

Ryo, what I want from you is to either CLARIFY your game during the merge to the jury in order to show that you hadn't lost control, or to EXPLAIN how your consistent effort and dedication through the whole game outweighs your sloppiness down the stretch. I don't want to hear both, either one or the other please.

———

Eli, I would describe your game as "effortless", with all of the positive and negative connotations that come with that label. All throughout the game, you frequently commented on how little you cared about the game, and wished people would just vote you off already. At first I always suspected you cared more than you let on, but by the end of it all, I genuinely can't tell if you were telling the truth or not this whole time. That's the thing, I have absolutely no idea what of anything you did was gameplay, or having other stuff to do/not giving a shit. Extended stretches of AFK followed by absolute challenge dominance when you actually wanted to participate in them; being gone for large portions of socializing/strategizing and popping in like 10 minutes before like "heyyyy what's the vooooote", yet still having everyone wrapped around your finger. I don't know what was real and what was gameplay, not that it makes a difference because its all ultimately a part of what got you here, for better or worse.

But the crazy thing is that none of that ultimately matters. Despite all of that you played ridiculously optimal for someone who was AFK for such large stretches of game from beginning to end. The fact that you were able to make so much out of seemingly so little, while maintaining control the entire way through, is absolutely bonkers. My hat's off to you for making it look easy, because everyone who busted their ass throughout the game to be in the game-winning position that you are in will let you know that it is most certainly NOT easy.

I just wish I didn't feel so confused about this, because in my brain, I would be more than willing to vote for you, yet in my heart of hearts, voting for you feels wrong. As someone who put so much into this piece of shit, I want the winner of this massive, all-encompassing game to be representative of the people who really put their whole ass pussy into this game, and I do not feel that from you. Yet I can't deny that you played the most consistently strong game of all 81 of us.

Eli, what I want from you is to either CLARIFY to the jury how much you actually cared about this game from start to finish, to show that you worked as hard as the people who wish they were sitting where you are, or to EXPLAIN how your effortless stranglehold on the game should outweigh the time and dedication others fruitlessly sank in. I don't want to hear both, either one or the other please.
Sorry brandon, I missed this at the bottom of the previous pages oopsies.

So yes, I agree with your point about this being a tough decision who to take, and I had decided early. I don't think I need to go through the playerlist 1 by 1, but vast majority had more pregame connections and votes for me. This was inevitable, its how these games work and you are right it was one thing I did need to overcome.

I really felt for my own game, that if I was going to lose to pregame favour then that is something that inevitable. I don't think there exists some wild janky f4 where there is no one with strong pregame. This is something I felt like I had to face regardless and if I was going to win, I have to do it on my own terms. If I take clouds, or zach, or torin etc, all of these people have lots of votes they can receive based on friendships and oog jury favour. However, these players also played independent games which were not reliant on me. I wanted the ftc to have to talk about their moves with me in it and also be working with me. I think my game suffered a lot based on lack of rep, no matter what I did I seemed to never get credit while others picked it up easily. I think I played my best possible game given the pregame connections, and would genuinely be interested to know who people would take instead. I think as mentioned before that ryo and eli existing here together is a weakness for their game, as it shows that neither had the ability to get the other booted. Had I allowed one to go home, then I am sure ryo or eli would be bragging about this right now as jury give them the credit. I want no one to get independent credit besides me and for that to happen I had to drag eli to f4.

There are literally any number of moments to show I had the power over eli:

1) on separatist he had the previous tribe allies, I still left with the stronger connections from this tribe

2) when eli leaked me and I cut him off after the viper stuff, he was effectively dead in the water until I picked him back up again, he complained to tbz about this in game

3) eli in his jury speech speaks about f10, if I flip here his game is completely sunk while mine is not, eli is relying on my vote to have anything in this game

4) at f8, this is obvious and i hope clouds defends this point to jury but without me eli obviously goes home here, he relies on me to stay in the game again

5) f6 is repeat, you think it is bad play but my jury speech is reliant on my absolute control of the game and eli is effectively my goat, he has done nothing without me all of merge and anything successful he has done has been with my say only, I think everyone else on this f4 would definitely agree eli is the weakest player here gameplay wise, but I have learned over the course that perception is everything in survivor which is probably something i would need to work on if i play again. You can play flawlessly but if everything you do goes to another its unavoidable, im hoping via my jury arguments its kinda clear how much influence I had this game.

You ask me to choose between second-in-command or under the radar but that is not really a hard choice since I definitely was not second in command this game, especially after you left the game.

So why is my under the radar game better? This is probably where my philosophy differs from some survivor players. I don't think being public is a big deal personally, the only time this matters is in ftc, when you hope people assign credit to you. My failure in eli being more "public" than me is not currently a failure, it is only a failure if post this council people still believe he played a great game despite doing effectively nothing.

I know a lot of org players believe that being on the bottom and surviving is good play, and that may be true, but only if you survive on your own terms and help flip the game. When eli survived at f8, does anyone here truly believe that the ryo vote in his favour came from them talking it out? I would be shocked if you did. I made the link and got it through. Eli didn't make any social plays to escape his bad position, there was nothing unique about his game except for the fact I convinced ryo to keep him in. Eli was on the bottom and public, but beyond that there is nothing but oog friends.

Why my under the radar game is better than this is as follows:

1) I was able to take no risks, I reliably made it to f4 and saw my path. I did not have to dice roll on certain things happening often and my gameplay was far more analytical and had more foresight. I knew the f4 at about f10. I did not play the game council by council, but often knew who the type of people would be going over the next few phases, and influenced votes so that path would suit me.

2) I was able to consume all info. Whenever something happened I was immediately informed, almost without exception. I was valued by many and everyone trusted me with their precious info which allowed me to keep my spot in control. Examples of this was ryo leaking me lots of s16 stuff, or tbz leaking me loyalist items. My info came from all over the game, with a lot of people confiding in me due to being more under the radar. Most of eli's info was relying on me sharing, which also allowed me to filter what I would like him to know.

3) Whenever I flipped, people continued to underestimated my position. Oftentimes people seemed to see my calculated moves as misplays for some reason. I think this is clearly false because regardless of whether anyone agrees if I sent this game in a good direction, I certainly chose the direction it went in and therefore at the very least moved the pieces how I wanted, be that good or bad. This allowed me to flip back whenever I wanted and truly force through any vote without repercussions (when I voted zoa, but immediately flipped into the good graces of torin and ryo again).

4) I was able to force people to blunder, without them second guessing my motives. Everything I said people took as genuine. This is absolutely one of the most powerful things in survivor or any org. It helped me to flush clouds idol and get him out, which is something i desperately wanted. I do think if clouds had idol in hand at f7, he had a decent chance to make it to f4. I think most agree if clouds was sitting here he probably wins, and everyone wanted him out but my play was what put him in a position to be voted. If I wasn't under the radar and genuine, this could never happened. No one was believing eli for a case like this.

5) My game was under the radar because I was never threatened much beyond f14 where I managed to reassure my way out of the vote. I went to you yourself and buttered you up after hearing the news and ensured we were still together. From that point up I was never a vote option because I always stopped everything before it built up, and systematically removed any threat to myself before it got big. Examples of this were pisx, totters and psy who could've flipped with zach.

If anything came from this I would like you to not appreciate the fact my game was under the radar for the most part because, I never was threatened enough to be public. Had I been in a situation where my name was up I am sure I would've lived, as at every point in merge I had majority on me side. Eli's game is more public because he failed to stamp out threats to himself before they manifested, and relied on someone else (me) to stamp them out for him.

I was never afraid to make plays this game, which I think is obviously very difficult to do while staying under the radar. However, I manged to do so and I think any game is going to be better under the radar, provided you can prove yourself at ftc. Survivor is a game of managing your threat level to get to the ftc, and I managed my threat level better than anyone else in the game. This is why you see me as under the radar.

Duskfall98

Votecount Specialist
is a Forum Moderator
And I don’t exactly think anybody but me wouldve voted Ryo out at that point so I feel like now you’re just being incredibly disingenuous.
Don't want to get into he said, she said, but it is incredible apparent either me or tbz could have flipped on ryo at f5, unless you think zach would have voted himself at this point over ryo, who was his preferred boot.

5) My game was under the radar because I was never threatened much beyond f14 where I managed to reassure my way out of the vote. I went to you yourself and buttered you up after hearing the news and ensured we were still together.
Unimportant/quick aside I just wanna stomp out, I still stg I never threw your name out at merge, and if “we” (s16) did then I certainly don’t remember it/wasn’t there for it

I’ll prob have more to press about, I’d just like to see other peoples’ questions/responses roll in atm

Nuxl

Eli
Eli, really well done this game. I really respect your game despite us being against each other, and your social game was impeccable. There are three main reasons I plan to vote for you. First, your control over the game in early to mid merge was absolutely impeccable and extremely impressive. Second, your incredible social game (combined with others' lack of threat awareness) allowed you to escape being the vote at both F8 and F6. Finally, you managed to navigate to FTC despite being one of the biggest FTC threats since the beginning of merge. It will be very difficult for you to lose my vote here, and I think you know that. The one negative thing that I will say about your game is that Tommy's existence and playstyle undeniably made it far easier for you to get to FTC, though I can't really fault you for the actions of others (especially since the two other non-Tommy people at this FTC also had this advantage). My first, and potentially only question to you is, did you genuinely believe that me going to FTC with you was my best chance? Or was it simply a pitch to stay in the game?
hi Ayia!!

At the time of F8 I thought it made sense that I was being pushed because of my resume prior to the vote. I just needed the vote off me, so I thought of something that would be the best bet for that! I just needed an alternative that would get me there to dissuade the thought process of you wanting to go to the end with Ryo so I threw that out in hopes that you’d give me one more vote. It’s really hard to predict what your best chance was considering what the jury would’ve been since I thought that if say Ryo was out at 8, my goal FTC would’ve probably been a little different but I can’t really comment on what your ideal one would’ve been. Your ideal one probably shouldnt have included me at the end of the day, so I think you were right for trying.

hi finalists! im really liking everything i'm seeing so far! eli, tommy, ryo, all of your speeches were super compelling and your answers have been fun to read! tbz, good luck with your shift and i can't wait to see what you have in store! i'll pop in now with a few questions (eli i know youre about to sleep so you can leave this for tomorrow dw)

eli and tommy, i pretty much have the same question for both of you. both of you seem to believe that you were in control of the other throughout the game. who controlled who, and why?

ryo, as you can see, you made an EXTREMELY controversial decision at a certain point in this game that just so happened to involve voting out a certain someone in a cruel, heartless, brutal, despicable manner! however, you've talked enough about that so far so i'm not gonna ask about that. instead, i'll ask you to rank every player who was remaining in the game at f10 based on your own personal perspective on who was the most likely to win if they reached the f4.

ALSO WAIT RYO ACTUALLY WHAT WAS THE POST YOU WERE GONNA SEND ME YOU NEVER SHOWED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Nuxl

1) on separatist he had the previous tribe allies, I still left with the stronger connections from this tribe

2) when eli leaked me and I cut him off after the viper stuff, he was effectively dead in the water until I picked him back up again, he complained to tbz about this in game

3) eli in his jury speech speaks about f10, if I flip here his game is completely sunk while mine is not, eli is relying on my vote to have anything in this game

4) at f8, this is obvious and i hope clouds defends this point to jury but without me eli obviously goes home here, he relies on me to stay in the game again

5) f6 is repeat, you think it is bad play but my jury speech is reliant on my absolute control of the game and eli is effectively my goat, he has done nothing without me all of merge and anything successful he has done has been with my say only, I think everyone else on this f4 would definitely agree eli is the weakest player here gameplay wise, but I have learned over the course that perception is everything in survivor which is probably something i would need to work on if i play again. You can play flawlessly but if everything you do goes to another its unavoidable, im hoping via my jury arguments its kinda clear how much influence I had this game.
1) this isn’t true bc we were in the same position at the start of merge due to the status quo of the merge was setting up for a tribal line game anyway so idt it was that marginal - despite that i can’t really comment on other people’s trust rankings because that’s theirs but even as I was getting hella info for the first few votes (+ loyalists wanted me/Psy to flip multiple times and the same offering wasn’t given to you) seps still trusted me as i voted w then

2) i wasn’t dead in the water, i wasn’t a target, and loyalists picked me up regardless through vooper

F11 was on pace for a crazy vote but the early quit can’t really give us info but i do think it was possible it wasn’t just going to be a loyalist

not only this but i reconvened with psy (who I was voting with literally next vote into zoa) and I talked to the rest of the separatists (who also believed I was voting psy, in fact so much ryo thought totter flipped on zoa??) during f10, you voted with me but you didn’t like put me into good graces with everyone else as u claim LOL like what

3) My game doesn’t sink? The vote likely goes to rocks and my ideal FTC becomes much different as my threat level dips whereas I don’t think you rebound either because I feel as if you become unlikely to make it at all, so I would wager that it is not necessarily that failing F10 changes this game substantially? I’m not tied to your hip

F10 is also literally impossible and I put in hella effort making sure it actually worked (+ made a backup plan with clouds) whereas you sat there and waited for me to tell you a vote. It also literally doesn’t happen otherwise because you wanted to pivot to Totter that entire deadline while I was making sure with Clouds that the vote was going to be fine on Zoa, then I singlehandedly convinced that alliance to finish F10

4/5 of course i go home here, but i do think me making you feel like you can get away w saving me is damaging to ur game, however i think you feeling like i also don’t have any sort of resume or game info or other allies is quite erroneous and it never boils down to “eli is my goat” because i also did things too as someone who shouldn’t have a right to have made it to ftc and everyone else in the game thought so at both votes - despite this, Ryo individually says that his decision on both votes was his own and I don’t think that you can claim this as something that was YOUR entire decision, moreso you contributed by also trying to save me and I had to try and get Clouds/Torin to help at 8 and at 6 TBZ wanted Torin more anyway. These are not thoughts that are entirely because of you, and being a piece of one vote doesn’t mean u have it entirely - it just means you made a decision

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)