Pokémon Bisharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bisharp is pretty retarded imo. There have been times where I just get random ass sweeps with it for example I send it out vs a low health target or something that is afraid of a sucker punch where I actually end up using swords dance and they lose literally all their Pokemon trying to kill it.
Look what I just learned.... O.o

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Metagross: 283-338 (94 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

VS

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Metagross: 258-304 (85.7 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Plz Gods of Smogon, give Bisharp the S Rank. Greninja is gone, which resisted a sucker punch or straight up low kicked his ass. Bisharp only got better. And it's not like I'm asking for a suspect, I'm just asking to make it an S Rank so that everyone can keep a focus on good ol stainless steel.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Look what I just learned.... O.o

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Metagross: 283-338 (94 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

VS

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Metagross: 258-304 (85.7 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Plz Gods of Smogon, give Bisharp the S Rank. Greninja is gone, which resisted a sucker punch or straight up low kicked his ass. Bisharp only got better. And it's not like I'm asking for a suspect, I'm just asking to make it an S Rank so that everyone can keep a focus on good ol stainless steel.
Mega Metagross does not run -Defense unless you're stupid, just to ensure LO Sucker can barely OHKO (it's like a 6% chance).

Mega Metagross does not run -Defense unless you're stupid, just to ensure LO Sucker can barely OHKO (it's like a 6% chance).
That set was 'Metagross ([ORAS] Mega Metagross)' found here: http://gamut-was-taken.github.io (current calculator), so don't go assuming I'm stupid, stupid-ass; I'm clearly much smarter than you. And my previous post was made to reveal the strength of Bisharp, which obviously exceeds that of Uber Mawile.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
That set was 'Metagross ([ORAS] Mega Metagross)' found here: http://gamut-was-taken.github.io (current calculator), so don't go assuming I'm stupid, stupid-ass; I'm clearly much smarter than you. And my previous post was made to reveal the strength of Bisharp, which obviously exceeds that of Uber Mawile.
The calculator is wrong; as it has been known to be with some sets. Mixed Gross can get away with running Jolly since Grass Knot will still get the KOs of needs to, and if you wanted to deal more damage Naive is non-negotiable.

Also, of course a STAB and LO boosted Sucker Punch will do more than one that isn't.

The calculator is wrong; as it has been known to be with some sets. Mixed Gross can get away with running Jolly since Grass Knot will still get the KOs of needs to, and if you wanted to deal more damage Naive is non-negotiable.

Also, of course a STAB and LO boosted Sucker Punch will do more than one that isn't.
Life Orb Bisharp doesn't cost a mega slot. Mawile does.
Again:

VS

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Metagross: 258-304 (85.7 - 100.9%) --6.3% chance to OHKO

That set was 'Metagross ([ORAS] Mega Metagross)' found here: http://gamut-was-taken.github.io
The calculator is accurate.
Please Smogon. Make Bisharp S Rank.

Life Orb Bisharp doesn't cost a mega slot. Mawile does.
Again:

VS

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Metagross: 258-304 (85.7 - 100.9%) --6.3% chance to OHKO

That set was 'Metagross ([ORAS] Mega Metagross)' found here: http://gamut-was-taken.github.io
The calculator is accurate.
Please Smogon. Make Bisharp S Rank.
You don't get it. It's not an issue of the calculator being accurate, it's an issue of the set being inaccurate. Metagross should never run Hasty, since Jolly is always the preferable nature. And you can't push for a Pokemon to go S rank with just one calc. Yes Bisharp is very good and very strong, but its dependence on Sucker Punch is what keeps it out of S-rank, as you always have to predict correctly whether or not the opponent is going to attack or switch.

Why the hell is this guy using -Defense on calculations? Everyone uses Naive even on MixGross,mate chill the hell out k? The reason Naive is more is that priority is usually physical so to ease the pain, - Def is not used. Also MGross usually has to tank a few solidish hits that are physical throughout the game,and whatever special stuff it resists, hits hard either way like with Latios sniping off a clean 50% or so with Draco Meteor,but surviving the priority like Bisharp can make the difference between winning and losing :/,No need to call anyone stupid mate. It just makes you look dumb,and is rude .-.. Oh and one more thing MMawile is banned, so it doesn't matter in OU that you need a mega stone to use it ;]

Doesn't Metagross usually have some HP inevestment anyway...?
Most Metagross sets that I've seen don't usually run HP investment for the simple reason that running HP investment means that you have to either forego its essential Speed, or sacrifice some of its colossal power to do so. The extra HP might be beneficial, however, the fact that it already has a ridiculous Base 150 Defense and Base 110 SpDef kinda makes up for that.

Most Metagross sets that I've seen don't usually run HP investment for the simple reason that running HP investment means that you have to either forego its essential Speed, or sacrifice some of its colossal power to do so. The extra HP might be beneficial, however, the fact that it already has a ridiculous Base 150 Defense and Base 110 SpDef kinda makes up for that.
Additionally, unless it is an AgiliGross, most M-Gross need the maximum speed investment to tie with other base 110 such as Gengar, M-Gallade, Lati@s and most importantly outspeed and beat Keldeo.

Additionally, unless it is an AgiliGross, most M-Gross need the maximum speed investment to tie with other base 110 such as Gengar, M-Gallade, Lati@s and most importantly outspeed and beat Keldeo.
Metagross ties with Keldeo.
EDIT: Thought Keldeo was 110, woops.

Last edited:
I think Bisharp has improved a lot in the ORAS meta. One, because there are so many new Megas he checks with either Iron Head or Sucker Punch, and two, because Lando-T, the most common OU physical pivot, is afraid of switching in to Bisharp, meaning Bisharp can plow right through most offensive teams who rely on Lando as their physical switch-in, especially with the +1 boost.
EDIT: Bisharp can't switch in on EQ, but he can OHKO with Sucker Punch (+1 252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 273-322 (85.5 - 100.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)