move 3: Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock
move 4: Soft-Boiled
item: Heavy-Duty Boots / Rocky Helmet
ability: Natural Cure
nature: Calm
evs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
tera type: Ground / Fire / Ghost

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Blissey functions as an blanket check to special attackers on balance and stall teams, being especially useful against hard-to-check special threats such as Calm Mind Miraidon, Chi-Yu, Iron Bundle, and Walking Wake.
  • Seismic Toss is Blissey's only way to reliably deal damage to most opposing Pokemon, while Shadow Ball is able to do decent damage to Flutter Mane.
  • Thunder Wave is extremely useful to cripple common switch-ins such as Koraidon and can also find use against Flutter Mane and Terastallized Miraidon.
  • Blissey is a reliable setter of Stealth Rock, which can free up moveslots on Great Tusk and Iron Treads, but you should note that opposing Great Tusk and Iron Treads as well as Corviknight have little difficulty clearing entry hazards on Blissey.
  • The Tera Type is quite flexible. Tera Ground is very useful against Calm Mind + Parabolic Charge Miraidon sets, as it completely negates their recovery and allows Blissey to force out them out.
  • Tera Fire gives Blissey the ability to better take on Chi-Yu, with Heavy-Duty Boots negating the Stealth Rock weakness.
  • Tera Ghost provides a Fighting-type immunity and allows Blissey to switch out of Dugtrio and Gothitelle.
  • Solid defensive walls such as Skeledirge, Great Tusk, Dondozo, Scream Tail, and Dachsbun are good teammates to take on physical attackers like Koraidon that commonly come in on Blissey.
  • Blissey is not capable of handling all Miraidon sets on its own, so Ting-Lu, Clodsire, and Iron Treads are heavily recommended teammates. In turn, these Ground-types have less pressure on them to stay healthy and can focus more on setting entry hazards.
  • Care should be taken against Miraidon and Iron Bundle, which often use pivoting moves or Taunt to gain momentum on Blissey. Proper prediction with Blissey's teammates may be required to handle this.
  • As a result, Rocky Helmet is an option, as it does damage to U-turn, Flip Turn, and Electro Drift users, making Miraidon and Iron Bundle unable to pivot on Blissey for free. If running Rocky Helmet, make sure you have plenty of Pokemon that can deal with entry hazards, such as Corviknight, Great Tusk, Iron Treads, and Hatterene.
  • Flutter Mane is difficult for Blissey to reliably check due to Taunt and Psyshock sets, so Corviknight and Garganacl can help pick up the slack. In return, both appreciate Blissey being a safe switch-in to Iron Bundle.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Manaphy, 50695]]
- Quality checked by: [[Lasen, 273339], [Aberforth, 249382]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Lumari, 232216]]

Last edited:

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
It's spelled "Soft-Boiled" and " Terastallized". It's also always "entry hazards" never just "hazards" (caution: icy road).

I'd make Ground the first Tera type; I understand that Fire Blissey is one of two things that can come in on Chi-Yu, but I do think its usage will drop when UWL is over while Miraidon will remains ubiquitous.

I'd also bring up the physically defensive point higher because Koraidon will always come in and patching up that weakness>patching up the possibility of Psyshock Flutter.

Also name the set Pink Blob if you don't mind :bat:

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Lasen, 273339], [username2, userid2]]

QC_stamp.gif

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Discussed some changes in the analysis chat in ubers regarding how this originally read, where I felt it was overhyping Blissey's defensive attributes and not focusing enough on its stealth rock setting capacity.

Unfortunately Manaphy then implemented all the things I was going to suggest before I could make them official suggestions here, he is too quick.

So he gets a 2/2 from me. It reads much more in line with how I view Blissey in this meta as a result.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/1
GP Team done
[SET]
name: Pink Blob (Specially Defensive)
move 1: Seismic Toss
move 2: Stealth Rock / Shadow Ball
move 3: Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock
move 4: Soft-Boiled
item: Heavy-Duty Boots / Rocky Helmet
ability: Natural Cure
nature: Calm
evs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
tera type: Ground / Fire / Ghost

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Blissey functions as an blanket check to special attackers on balance and stall teams, being especially useful against hard-to-check special threats such as Calm Mind Miraidon, Chi-Yu, and Iron Bundle.
  • Seismic Toss is Blissey's only way to reliably deal damage to most opposing Pokemon, while Shadow Ball is able to do decent damage to Flutter Mane.
  • Thunder Wave is extremely useful to cripple common switch-ins such as Koraidon (RC) and can also find use against Flutter Mane and Terastallized Miraidon.
  • Blissey is a reliable setter of Stealth Rock, (AC) which can free up moveslots on Great Tusk and Iron Treads, but do you should note that opposing Great Tusk and Iron Treads as well as Corviknight have little difficulty clearing entry hazards on Blissey.
  • The Tera Type is quite flexible. Tera Ground is very useful against Calm Mind + Parabolic Charge Miraidon sets, as it completely negates the healing their recovery and allows Blissey to force out Miraidon them out.
  • Tera Fire gives Blissey the ability to better take on Chi-Yu, with Heavy-Duty Boots preventing negating the Stealth Rock weakness.
  • Tera Ghost provides a Fighting-type immunity and allows Blissey to switch out of Dugtrio and Gothitelle.
  • Solid defensive walls such as Skeledirge, Great Tusk, Dondozo, Scream Tail, and Dachsbun are good teammates to take on (RH) physical attackers like Koraidon who that commonly come in on Blissey.
  • Blissey is not capable of handling all Miraidon sets on its own, so Ting-Lu, Clodsire, and Iron Treads are heavily recommended teammates. In turn, these Ground-types have less pressure on them to stay healthy and can focus more on setting entry hazards.
  • Care should be taken against Miraidon and Iron Bundle, (AC) which often use pivoting moves or Taunt to gain momentum on Blissey. Proper prediction with Blissey's teammates may be required to handle this.
  • As such a result, Rocky Helmet is an option, as it does damage to U-turn, Flip Turn, and Electro Drift users, making Miraidon and Iron Bundle unable to pivot on Blissey for free. If running Rocky Helmet, make sure you have plenty of Pokemon that can deal with entry hazards, (AC) such as Corviknight, Great Tusk, Iron Treads, and Hatterene.
  • Flutter Mane is difficult for Blissey to reliably check due to Taunt and Psyshock sets, so Corviknight and Garganacl can help pick up the slack. In return, both appreciate Blissey being a safe switch-in to Iron Bundle.
[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Lasen, 273339], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)