Tournament BLT III: Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

all falls down

thanks ugly god
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
lost in a really awful hax filled mirror match but gg regardless

I was kind of a dickhead in chat and i apologize for that but that matchup along with the fact that it's currently 2am kind of screwed me up

Mawiles will be subbing TUO in for huntress, to batte trade of the hydreigons, TUO stated scheduling won't be the easiest but let's get this done guys, thanks.

it makes me really sad to see that players are quitting blt, at week three even, and not out of busyness. I have been in 3 blts so far, and this is the first time this massive ditching occurs. I am legit mad about this you guys. Here i go sounding like a grandpa, but when i first joined ps, my ambition was to play in blt, and i worked a lot for it. i tried really hard to qualify, with my fly salamence and ampharos in ou skills, and naturally failed. during blt 1, we had this cool "mysterious draft" thing, that i presume was removed because it was unbalanced. Basically, for you newcomers, it allowed managers to recruit almost any user on the site. The draft was scheduled at late night, around 3 am, and i had an early bedtime, plus i was 16 and well needed sleep. However, that remarkable night, i woke up at around 2-3 am, and the draft happening hit my mind. i rushed, took mom's phone (yes, swb did something bad) and opened PS on a slow tiny phone, just to be able to catch what i can. That very moment, i saw a packed room, and the draft coming to an end. The 7th picks were up. As names would pass, those of friends or unknown, the humilou huntails (i could tag a few people here...) had their pick...and well... i dont know if you guys will take me seriously, but its very emotional to me when i say i still remember how sirDonovan (with manager Feliburn ) said my name, and i was officially in blt. That moment basically made me feel like all my hard work was acknowledged, despite the fact that i did suck. we were the underdogs, predicted to lose early, the explouds (during that time) to win, and you know what? while they lost r1, we actually made it to semi-finals. a team made out of almost nobodies was ranked practically 4th or 3rd among 8 that had formidable players.

It was also during that time, that i did not main any tier, especially not the "mainstream" ones , such as "u" tiers (ou, uu, ru etc..) but i had a decent doubles team that 5-0 my pal Trade and ever since then i thought i was so good. In a couple of weeks, i spamed youtube's kylecole (high level doubles player)'s channel, took the metagame's content, spamed 80% of the doubles room's auth list with pms to have them check my team, and laddered the heck out of showdown, and eventually won my week 1 match in a formidable game vs "major d mawile", a cool bud. It was that starting point that made me the doubles player you all know today

asides from the long swb backstory, blt meant so much to me ever since i hung out in tournaments room, and i looked forward to it a lot. blt 2 was a short journey for me, but i still participated. and now, for blt 3, i practically gave 4 days out of my degree study days just to be able to get in blt 3, because it meant so much to me

so to have users quit on us like this is really sad for me. when you signed up for blt, it isnt just a children game tournament on a site. its honoring the hard work you were supposed to have put qualifiying, even if sadly the standards arnt the good old 300 points for #1 place that they used to be.
being in blt means committement, team work, collaboration with friends and newbies all the same, meeting new people through teams, learning new tiers and making exchanges, and so on.. i just dont get why someone would quit blt like that

do you even know that when your manager wastes a spot in a snake draft, just for you to bail on him, it would practiclaly mean the other teams got 2 picks ahead? i find it not only disrespectful to your manager who put their trust in you, your teammates who value you who was chosen to represent them in a tier, but yourself too, for just ditching on a committement, even if this is more for fun then being serious, with all the memes and whatnot.

what do i have to say more. 3+ players have now announced they are quitting and it would be shattering to see more. if you are quitting blt or considering it, i assure you the experience you've been having is not blt, at all, and i am sorry you were unfortunate enough to go by it. talk with your teammates you guys... most of us here are wonderful people that if each bothered a bit to make communication efforts, would see that we're all a big community here... as of now, i harass my blt buddies in emails, on skype, in pms, etc, to train, practice, build, or just even talk. i remember the day BreloomMyHomie was co-building with a player from another team, miltankmilk i think, maybe, on blt. i was like "but he's on the other team" , to which he replied that in the end, blt is just for fun, there is no other team, since we are all friends. that was a life lesson for me, learned from your so called "children game tour" on a 13+ kids site.

to some, i may sound pathetic and lifeless for defending this with such passion, but blt really means a lot to me, and i express once more my deep sorrow that some are leaving what should have been a reuniting opportunity for us all to have fun. dont waste that...
i still keep in mind that some of us do have different conditions, feelings, and maybe circumstances, so i dont judge anyone on their leaving, because there are more reasons then they let on. i just am sad to see people go, and wanted to make a post about it. if you bothered to read this far without skipping too much, i really thank you because it meant my time writing this was not wasted, let it be a single person who made it this far. and for the record, i'd really apreciate doing what's written a lot more then a "like" if its to show support, so if yall keep my few ( ironic, arnt i) words in heart, i'd be so much happier then receiving a new notification on my account by tomorow morning (since its 1:03 am atm). i love you all guys, you've really been wonderful people to me, and offered me in ps a wonderful place to be in, and be the nerd i am
hoping i can still take part of fantastic blts to come, this being one of them, because it aint. over. yet.

thank you

edit: i'd also like to give our roomowners, particularly sirdonovan, a huge shoutout for the hard work they're doing for us, because it isnt easy, from hosting, to moding, to managing, to bot issues, and well so much. thanks a lot you guys :) you are appreciated

Last edited:
It was also during that time, that i did not main any tier, especially not the "mainstream" ones , such as "u" tiers (ou, uu, ru etc..) but i had a decent doubles team that 5-0 my pal Trade and ever since then i thought i was so good.
Thanks for the shoutout fren, but why do I get a feeling that I'm being bashed ;;

In all seriousness, hopefully you didn't take my last win post seriously. I remember seeing you start as a survival tour host, and I would be your frequent tour winner. I also vividly remember how you were so excited the moment the first BLT was announced, and we'd always talk about it over chat. I can only imagine how newer users in the BLT feel the same way. It sucks to know how disheartened some of them are, because people are leaving their teams. I'm going to share something cheesy; every team that I played on felt like a family to me, no matter how much shit there was. Losing a member is sort of discouraging in some way. Thanks for sharing that.

Last edited:
no, the win posts are quite alright, i still do see the line between memes/fun/jokes and seriousness, we can still make jokes and call people nubs or days :P no one was really that much targeted or had my post directed at, was just an expression of how i felt. am really glad it got so much support already, and you to share your own thoughts. it is what i aimed for in the first place, to remind yall or at least give a new perspective of blt. thanks a lot guys !

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
If you don't care about this tournament/pokemon why would you even sign up
When it goes to shit after signing up and having better expectations, when life priorities take place mid-way, when the enjoyment is completely gone mid-way? Various underlying issues you'd think people would accept that and move on. You can only be a hard ass about someone leaving so much after seeing the drama here and the motivation plummeting for some....

You guys need to chill. Literally me and Dundies left because we don't really care that much because either shit IRL is more important or something soiled the experience for us. Shit happens, its pokemon. We don't need to everyone talking about a mass exodus of players when 2 left. I just really don't have interest in this tournament after seeing it go from something I enjoyed to something completely different. Sorry Jarii I put you in a shitty spot and it sucks but I'm just not having fun with this and I know you get that.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like to thank the Mawiles and their managers ( Reisen Inaba and Pottie Scippen.) for being quick with their substitution of TUO and for being accommodating to Trade's limited time when he really wanted to play even though it basically gave my team the edge here.

Honestly how things worked out between our 2 players is what I'd like to see from this BLT. Wanting to win but not making it the sole priority. One side takes a step back, satisfying both ends to get things to work. This tour got off to a really rough start but it can still be somewhat enjoyable for the future weeks as long as we don't create additional drama and trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)