Tournament BLT VI: Quarterfinals

Art done by sirDonovan

Post Approved by nui
Welcome everyone to the fourth week of the Best Leaderboarders Tournament VI! Just as a quick recap for everyone, the Teams with the most points from both conferences moved onto the finals round of play-offs and the bottom 2 teams from each were eliminated.
This means that both the Swamperts and the Heatrans have moved onto the finals of play-offs! This also means that both the Weaviles and the Reshirams have been eliminated.

The remaining middle 4 teams will now play-off amongst each other for the final 2 spots in the finals play-offs.

All matches will be played in Standard Smogon SM Tiers and this tournament is a best of one.

Anyways lets get into our match-ups for this week and get started!

All names in the match-ups are the official Smogon names, message them on Smogon to setup a time and date to play.

The current UU Suspect test that is ongoing is not affecting this week of the tour; therefore Altaria-Mega is available for use.

Bobby Blue Blastoises (Silverwhiteblue & Robb576) (4) VS
Azalea Alakazams (Xiri & MJ) (3)
Ubers: xSkelly VS Dandaman99
OU: tragoedius VS Attribute
UU: ORAS-Mega VS Sam.tan
RU: Abyssal Ruins VS Kingofcrimea
NU: PrinceOfAllTacos VS The Amuse
PU: Reje VS Xiri
LC: Jack In My Box VS Pokeart2004
DOU: Havens VS SMB

Snowbelle Stuffuls (Plas & Raj.shoot) (4) VS
Sunyshore Snorlaxes (Trace & EternalSnowman) (3)
Ubers: 100%GXE VS mysterious m
OU: t0te VS denisthemenace
UU: Snofall VS eternalsnowman
RU: arce9 VS Tom Bugen zorro349
NU: Plimsoll Punks VS sanjay
PU: EpicBoost VS ronman5
LC: Raj.shoot VS sificon
DOU: Boyn VS i want atago to sit on me

Please remember to use the Tournaments sub-room Tours Plaza for BLT VI discussion and to keep this thread civil regardless of friendly banter.

There will be a post below done with all the player tags.

All matches are to be completed by the 14th of July at 11:59PM EST (GMT -4). Good luck everyone!!

Last edited:

Robb576

It's all in the numbers
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Tfw you can only predict one of the two matchups and you're running out of well thought out analysis

Snowbelle Stuffuls (4) VS Sunyshore Snorlaxes (4)

Ubers: 100%GXE VS mysterious m - Ok this match is heat. 70to90 unfortunately doesn't have that much luck in this year's BLT, despite his skill level, but it's hard to figure him winning from MM. MM is a league above the already highly skilled 70to90 in Ubers and is expected to take the win. However, 70to90 is able to pull of a small upset here by winning, thanks to his skill.
OU: t0te VS denisthemenace - This shouldn't really be close. Just like the above, t0te is having a hard time getting a win this BLT. The OU pool is pretty stacked and that sets a very high benchmark to beat. Denis shouldn't have too much trouble taking this home.
UU: Snofall VS eternalsnowman -Snofall is way more competent in UU than ESM is, who I will admit to have surprised me by winning from above average players in UU, but I will blame that on my limited knowledge of him outside of Ubers.
RU: arce9 VS Tom Bugen - Arce9 is on a very, very hot streak this BLT, with only notable wins against Ninjadog, Kingofcrimea and TWW. Compared to those 3, Harlee should feel like a walk in the park for arce, even though he beat Keepingiticy last week.
NU: Plimsoll Punks VS sanjay - Nice job at throwing away a guaranteed win Stuffuls! PP in NU is a very questionable choice to do in the playoffs. SANJAY will slaughter the NU opposition regardless ...
PU: EpicBoost VS ronman5 - ... however the swap may pay off somehow? Ronman may win as much as EpicBoost in this MU (which will probably be the decider for this whole matchup), but I selected EpicBoost because I believe he has a tad more skill than Ronman.
LC: Raj.shoot VS sificon - Raj crashed down to earth after his loss against imjustgray, but I'm confident he will win against Sificon. Unless Raj is gonna tilt, this should be like the average match for him
DOU: Boyn VS i want atago to sit on me - cursed name. Unfortunately I gotta bold it since he is simply better.

Tiebreaker since I might as well try to predict that
Snowbelle Stuffuls (1) VS Sunyshore Snorlaxes (2)
OU: ??? / 100%GXE VS Mysterious M - ngl 100%GXE vs MM would actually be a pretty close match to watch, but MM is almost equally at home in OU as he is in Ubers so I expect him to win this
DOU (Snorlax pick): Boyn/??? VS i want atago to sit on me - See above. There is no player on the opposing team that can best TheCheesenOne
PU (Stuffuls pick): Plimsoll Punks/100%GXE VS SANJAY/Ronman5/??? - Both are better at PU than any person on the laxes.

Blastoises(3) vs Alakazams(5)

Ubers: xSkelly VS Dandaman99 - Skelly should take the win here with far more experience though dan has been great so far.
OU: tragoedius VS Attribute - Attribute's not gonna get carried again.
UU: ORAS-Mega VS Sam.tan - Far more impressive
RU: Abyssal Ruins VS Kingofcrimea - More experience imo and will be in search of his first W. Biggest HL for me
NU: PrinceOfAllTacos VS The Amuse - Should be close so gonna support my old bud
PU: Reje VS Xiri - Xiri aint dropping
LC: Jack In My Box VS Pokeart2004 - Far more impressive
DOU: Havens VS SMB - Again SMB aint dropping

Stuffuls(4) vs Snorlaxes(4)

Ubers: 100%GXE VS mysterious m - GXE would like to win this in his home ground after getting haxed by me. Though i think mysterious m is better. Definitely HL#2
OU: t0te VS denisthemenace - Positive that denis wins this
UU: Snofall VS eternalsnowman - Much better in UU imo.
RU: arce9 VS Tom Bugen - More experience, better skills.
NU: Plimsoll Punks VS sanjay - Another good one but Sanjay should win this
PU: EpicBoost VS ronman5 - Should be a close one so picking ron so that its a tie. and we get another tie breaker i s'pose?
LC: Raj.shoot VS sificon - I think he has improved a lot so should get this no problem
DOU: Boyn VS i want atago to sit on me - Cheese is winning this

Last edited:
Wednesday deadline :pikuh:

Ubers: xSkelly VS Dandaman99 - 3-0 Dan + auto win team from mj always provides a spectacle. I predict Dan to choke at least 3 times yet again but mj fortunately have him 4 mons that 6-0 from preview.
OU: tragoedius VS Attribute - attribute played pretty meh last 2 games but he should have the experience to take this comfortably.
UU: ORAS-Mega VS Sam.tan - maybe the fear of mj flying to India to batter some sense into Sam will make him play better but I doubt it.
RU: Abyssal Ruins VS Kingofcrimea - both these players have been really disappointing so far. Slightly favour koc tho
NU: PrinceOfAllTacos VS The Amuse - the only winner here is the fans, and by winner I mean loser
PU: Reje VS Xiri - 3-0 pu main vs 0-3 ubers main in pu...
LC: Jack In My Box VS Pokeart2004 - pokeart has been like really bad so Yea..
DOU: Havens VS SMB - feeding havens to the smb machine sounds like a terrible idea when he could have won 4/5 other slots comfortably imo.

Ubers: 100%GXE VS mysterious m - gxe has brought some awful looking teams lol, I can't see mm dropping this
OU: t0te VS denisthemenace - assuming Dennis does some prep, I literally favour him to win 99% of the time
UU: Snofall VS EternalSnowman - Robb was a fucking mile off with his prediction, uu is easily esm's 2nd best tier behind ubers. Snofall is also a very good player but I think esm will have some janky tech that catches him off guard and puts him in a winning position
RU: arce9 VS Tom Bugen - I've been saying for a while, Arce9 is super solid whereas harlee has now managed to horribly choke 2 games
NU: Plimsoll Punks VS sanjay - not foddering vs sanjay... Poor idea
PU: EpicBoost VS ronman5 - I won't be watching this game lol
LC: Raj.shoot VS sificon - I think he's been better?..
DOU: Boyn VS TheCheesenOne - I refuse to bold that name Holy Jesus

Make deadline this Sunday pls

Ubers: xSkelly VS Dandaman99 - 3-0 Dan + auto win team from mj always provides a spectacle. I predict Dan to choke at least 3 times yet again but mj fortunately have him 4 mons that 6-0 from preview.
OU: tragoedius VS Attribute - attribute played pretty meh last 2 games but he should have the experience to take this comfortably.
UU: ORAS-Mega VS Sam.tan - maybe the fear of mj flying to India to batter some sense into Sam will make him play better but I doubt it.
RU: Abyssal Ruins VS Kingofcrimea - both these players have been really disappointing so far. Slightly favour koc tho
NU: PrinceOfAllTacos VS The Amuse - the only winner here is the fans, and by winner I mean loser
DOU: Havens VS SMB - feeding havens to the smb machine sounds like a terrible idea when he could have won 4/5 other slots comfortably imo.

Ubers: 100%GXE VS mysterious m - gxe has brought some awful looking teams lol, I can't see mm dropping this
OU: t0te VS denisthemenace - assuming Dennis does some prep, I literally favour him to win 99% of the time
UU: Snofall VS EternalSnowman - Robb was a fucking mile off with his prediction, uu is easily esm's 2nd best tier behind ubers. Snofall is also a very good player but I think esm will have some janky tech that catches him off guard and puts him in a winning position
RU: arce9 VS Tom Bugen - I've been saying for a while, Arce9 is super solid whereas harlee has now managed to horribly choke 2 games

Screw you ;(

Don't worry I wouldn't watch my game either

Reactions: MG

Gray

stop ballcapping
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Predictions
Blastoises v Alakazams (4-4)
Ubers: xSkelly VS Dandaman99 (40-60) never seen skelly in Ubers and dan has been fire
OU: tragoedius VS Attribute (25-75) trago has been making questionable plays and attribute is good
UU: ORAS-Mega VS Sam.tan (65-35) quite better, Sam hasn’t capitalized on games where he could’ve made plays
RU: Abyssal Ruins VS Kingofcrimea (51-49) personally I think koc is better but he has been underperforming.
NU: PrinceOfAllTacos VS The Amuse (60-40) Haven’t been very impressed from what I’ve seen from amuse, poat is 3-0
PU: Reje VS Xiri (30-70) why would you move your Ubers main who would have a solid chance against dan to pu against xiri /:
LC: Jack In My Box VS Pokeart2004 (65-35) jack beat Mikaav without hax while poke has not been playing well at all
DOU: Havens VS SMB (30-70) 30% against smb in dou is actually quite good

Stuffuls vs Snorlaxes (4-4)
Ubers: 100%GXE VS mysterious m (51-49) great matchup, almost equally matched. I feel like gxe will prep a lot for this one so I’ll give the edge to him
OU: t0te VS denisthemenace (35-65) better from what I’ve seen and heard
UU: Snofall VS eternalsnowman (55-45) I’ve seen esm play uu a couple times and he’s not bad at all but snofall is better in it imo
RU: arce9 VS Tom Bugen (65-35) arce9 will continue their streak against an opponent who’s made some bad plays in endgames
NU: Plimsoll Punks VS Sanjay (40-60) personally I think if pp played pu instead it would be like 80-20 in his favor but instead stuffuls look to lose both /:
PU: EpicBoost VS ronman5 (49-51) idk what to say about this one. They seem like the same person, both competitively and in general
LC: Raj.shoot VS sificon (65-35) raj is in fact a good player
DOU: Boyn VS i want atago to sit on me (30-70) shouldn’t be very close

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)