BOAHfide (OU RMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-BOAHfied-

So i was getting tired of using standard OU teams with the OU of the OU movesets so i decided to make a team based around a Tyraniboah since he isnt as common as he used to be.
(This team is for Wi-Fi)

My RMT will go in order of
-At a glance
-Pokemon
-How team was formed
-Threat List (This will be added after an update)

-At a Glance-

----------------------------------------------------------------------
-Pokemon-

Scarfachi Lead

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
Abilty: Serene Grace
80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe

Iron Head
Trick
Stealth Rock
Thunderpunch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wanted a lead that could really devastate the other team while helping mine. Scarfachi lead was the first to mind and im loving it. This on has a twist. Thunderpunch over U-Turn because then i would be able to hurt other common leads such as Metagross, Ninjask, and Gyarados much harder than U-turn out. I would still be faster than the common Azelf lead and my Iron Head/Serene Grace combo could wither it away.
Dual Screen Cresselia

Cresselia @ Light Clay
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
252 HP / 60 Def / 44 SpD / 152 Spe

Reflect
Lightscreen
Lunar Dance
Psychic
So i decided that i wanted some Defensive capabilities on my team and someone who was bulky enough to set up defenses for my sweepers. It was between Bronzong and Cresselia and then i noticed a move that i thought i could make work with my team. Lunar Dance! With Lunar Dance i could allow myself to set up another sweep with a sweeper who has been stopped and wounded/status inflicted but could still harm the other team. Ive decided that i will use Psychic. Psychic for handling my MixApe problem going on.
TyraniBoah

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Sand Stream
252 HP / 52 Atk / 176 SpA / 28 Spe

Substitute
Dark Pulse
Focus Punch
Ice Beam
All my time in battling Standard Metagame (OU) there was always one pokemon i made sure i had to avoid using on my team. Tyranitar. I always thought that it was only effective as a CBTtar or DDTtar. But as i was looking through the set ups for pokemon i noticed a set up i havent faced yet. I saw it as a shed of light to my daunting time of making a team. I told myself i had to make a team based around him and i did. The heart and soul of this team is my TyraniBoah. I have the EV spread to ensure i get the 404 HP so my Sub isnt broken by Blissey's Seismic Toss. Focus Punch to work with Sub. Dark Pulse for my STAB since I wanted a TTar that wouldnt need switching as soon as faced with Intimidate or a Physical Wall. Though this does make it harder to KO a CM Latias but it still gets KOd by TtBoah. I was having trouble deciding whether TBolt or Ice Beam. For my Water or Dragon Threat. But i decided that my Dragon threat was still more problamatic so i went with Ice Beam.
BulkyGyara

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
156 HP / 108 Atk / 100 Def / 144 Spe

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Taunt
I knew i needed a Bulky Water type that can stop most Physical Sweepers in thier tracks. Gyarados was my choice because it could stop sweepers then set up its own sweep.BulkyGyara comes in on a Scizor or Lucario or even a Gyarados and hurts thier sweeping ability with Intimidate. Then i can use taunt to stop them from setting up again, causing me to usually get a free DD since they will switch thier useless sweeper. Then my own sweep can begin. STAB Waterfall does alot to any pokemon that doesnt resist it, Stone Edge to handle any Dragons and enemy Gyarados from hurting my team. This Gyarados is very effective on my team and has great synergy with TyraniBoah.
CBScizor

Scizor @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe

U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit
I was looking at my team and i realized i needed something that had synergy with TyraniBoah but could also handle other Tyranitar. CBScizor was the pick of choice. U-Turn enabled me to scout enemy teams and if they have a Scizor of thier own then out comes Heatran or Gyarados. If not then i can put Scizor back in and start a sweep. Bullet Punch is essential for any Scizor due to low speed. I picked Superpower over BB because i wanted more power over those with higher Def. Pursuit is here to handle any foolish Gengar or Latias who try to switch out from my Scizor. BP and SP both can be used to take out enemy Tyranitar.
ScarfTran

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Naive
Ability: Flash Fire
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Fire Blast
Earth Power
Explosion
Dragon Pulse

I was missing a strong revenge killer and something that could status absorb toxic/burn.
My Choice Scarf Heatran is the ultimate revenge killer, holding many dangerous threats at bay. This includes, but is not limited to, Scizor, Salamence, Lucario, and even other Heatran. With its numerous resistances and immunity to Fire, Heatran can come in with a little prediction and force all of these Pokemon to switch or risk being KO'd. The Choice Scarf allows Heatran to outrun all unscarfed Pokemon, save Ninjask, reaching an impressive 417 speed..Fire Blast is my STAB move, forcing out Scizor, Lucario, Jirachi, Celebi, and more. Coming off of an impressive 359 Special Attack, it even hurts when resisted. Earth Power is an absolute necessity, due to the popularity of Heatran, and complements Fire Blast by removing other Fire-types. Giving an enemy Heatran a Flash Fire boost is extremely dangerous, so a well predicted Earth Power is often key to winning a match. Dragon Pulse is also a usable option for greater neutral coverage while still denting the OU Dragons, in particular Kingdra (cause i need something that can take him out), who only takes neutral damage from any other type of attack. Lastly, Explosion is for when Heatran is on the verge of death, and it will likely take something down with it.

*Birth of BOAHfied*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well at the top of ths RMT i already talked about how i wanted this team to be built around TyraniBoah so we wil skip to the rest.

After choosing TyraniBoah as my base. I knew i needed something to counter enemy Tyranitar, perferably CB and DD ones since they are mos common. I knew Scizor would stop and Ttar in its tracks so i chose CB because i would be able to hit hard without needing to set up.

After looking at my team i knew that i would want to be able to sweep with any pokemon more than once and i also wanted a pokemon that could Dual Screen so it would be harder to take out my sweepers. Dual Screen Cress was the obvious choice.

I was content with my team in the making and i wanted a lead that would complement my team. I chose Scarfachi because he would be a pest to other leads and could stop the use of SR against me and then allow me to set up a SR of my own.

So my team was beggining to come together but i noticed a weakness in Fire and Ground types along with Dark. Infernape could pose a problem to my team to everyone except Cresselia. So i thought that i needed something that could stop physical Dark types and infernape while being able to KO both.I decided that Gyarados was my best option and i wanted to make it Bulky so i went with the BulkyGyara set. Intimidate stopped Ttar, Weavile, Scizor, and a threatening Infernape while a STAB Watefall hurt all of them and Stone Edge dealt alot to all but Ttar. I felt that he was a good option also because he could stop Physical Sweepers from setting up, now i needed a Status Absorber.

I wanted a Revenge Killer and Status Absorber that could wall and pose a threat at the same time. He could come in, absorb burns and toxic, threaten physical sweepers (Lucario,Infernape, Scizor) and take others out with Earth Power. Only walled by Swampert,Suicune, Gyarados, and Blissey. But i had counters for the rest so this wasnt a problem and my team was set.
<Threat List>
(Coming Soon)

Blackhawk11

one on one
Definately give Cresselia Psychic, as atm you have a slight weakness to Special MixApe. Psychic fails to OHKO Infernape even after SR however, with your current spread. If you pump 108 EVs into SAtk, you have a 50% chance to OHKO after SR, while 188 EVs will always OHKO after SR. 76 EVs get you the 100% OHKO after SR and one turn of LO recoil, right now with no EVs, after two switches into SR, you've got about a 60% chance to OHKO, and after one switch into SR and two turns of LO recoil, you'll always OHKO.

So I guess the choice is yours here. I read in the analysis that the current EVs are necessary for defensive purposes and whatnot. I suppose that if Ape kills one of your Pokemon, therefore taking LO recoil, you can come in with Cress and attack while it attacks and it will die, but that requires another of your Pokemon to die in the process. I don't know, I guess it's all up to you. The rest of the team looks very solid.

wouldnt Gyarados be able to check Ape, if you think not then i would have to go with 108 EVs but what should i take out of?

Blackhawk11

one on one
Yeah, Gyara can check Ape, but not very reliably imo. Grass Knot is a 3KO after SR, but after two switches into SR its a 2KO unless you've racked up three or more turns of Lefties recovery. So it's more of a situational check. Looking back, I realize that you probably don't need the extra SAtk EVs. Ape can't touch Cress, especially once you're behind Light Screen, so a 2KO is acceptable. You can easily switch in, set up a screen, and then kill. I guess the main thing is that you opt for Psychic over the other two options, especially seeing as Charge Beam will leave you helpless against Taunting Gliscor, and Ice Beam can't even OHKO -SDef natured Salamence after SR damage and two LO recoils.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems:

Nasty Plot Ape

How to fix:

This team is great, well-versed, great tactic, a good team all-around. Finding the weakness was rather hard but this one stood out like a sore thumb. Again, the opening is Scizor, giving it an easy Nasty Plot use. Without any legit checks, I say the only suggestion I would give is scarf on Heatran, I'll explain why. Also the specific moveset it would give is Focus Blast / Nasty Plot / Fire Blast / Grass Knot. Otherwise, if Grass Knot is replaced with Vacum Wave, Gyarados can do a good job.

Heatran
@ Choice Scarf
Naive (Spe+ / SpD-)
6 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice
- Explosion

Let me tell you why Scarf would benefit this team more. Firstly, I don't think you need a status absorber because the only thing you would absorb is sleep moves. Sleep moves are rare nowadays and Heatran's typing already allows you to absorb Toxic or Will-O-Wisp. You have Gyarados with Taunt to prevent that and Substitute for Tyranitar. Overall, Scarf would allow you to come in on Fire Blast from Ape and revenge with Earth Power. Other things this thing can do is add a solid, yet fast Pokemon to revenge kill certain things. Overall, I think this would be a good replacement. gl.

nigga shut up im a pro battler !!
Doubt it you dumbass.

Shuca Berry on Heatran over Leftovers, with Shuca Berry not only do you bluff choice scarf but it enables you to beat opposing Heatran that use Choice Scarf (they normally switch in into your expecting a power boost from Fire Blast, either way they are staying in on your Heatran, as you have the option of switching attacks you should be able to beat them one-one).

Edit - after looking at the Heatran it seems like you either forgot to put choice scarf on or you have had edited the team but not the descriptions, if still have scarf you can ignore this but shuca berry on heatran should not be overlooked.

Also Dragon Pulse here doesn't serve any purpose unless you are using it to beat fast dragons with Choice Scarf, as all the dragons out speed and do heavy damage to you (Salamence for example) you can replace it with Hidden power Grass for more coverage against Swampert (who out speed you anyway if they run max speed).

Good luck my friend.

Stone edge does hefty damadge to gyrados from infernape, especially after a sword dance. So it is not the best counter in the world, some special apes also carry hp electric for gyrados.

You already have heatran as a revengre killer, so scizor could swap to life orb scizor, and instead of trapping the oponent with pursuit, you sword dance instead, then if you opt for quick attack and bullet punch you can take out all frail sweepers, while superpower smashes through walls.

This provides a better need for the duel screens, as gyrados is already bulky, and it provides another pokemon with some bulk who can make full use of the screens to set up, life orb scizor often gets to low health and could make great use of lunar dance cureing a burned scizor in the red, so he can sweep again, and lunar dance goes before stealth rock (I think), so it would still work on a 1hp scizor.

scarf jirachi is an excellent scouter, and u-turn is very useful for that, it also breaks the sash on things like lead ape, who it would be unwise to stay in on. So I would suggest u-turn, if you like replace stealth rocks with thunderpunch, as you seem set on attacking with iron head, and scrafrachi rarely gets up stealth rocks (well when I used it), unless she uses trick.

Stone edge does hefty damadge to gyrados from infernape, especially after a sword dance. So it is not the best counter in the world, some special apes also carry hp electric for gyrados.

Special MixApe can touch my Cresselia and my Gyarados will taunt it before it can get a SD up and intimidate would hurt its atk anyway.

You already have heatran as a revengre killer, so scizor could swap to life orb scizor, and instead of trapping the oponent with pursuit, you sword dance instead, then if you opt for quick attack and bullet punch you can take out all frail sweepers, while superpower smashes through walls.

CB Scizor is used so i dont have to set up and i can come in and take out enemy Tyranitar and others, CB Scizor also has better synergy with Boah.

This provides a better need for the duel screens, as gyrados is already bulky, and it provides another pokemon with some bulk who can make full use of the screens to set up, life orb scizor often gets to low health and could make great use of lunar dance cureing a burned scizor in the red, so he can sweep again, and lunar dance goes before stealth rock (I think), so it would still work on a 1hp scizor.

Again keeping CB so i dont have to use Lunar Dance soley on SD Scizor

scarf jirachi is an excellent scouter, and u-turn is very useful for that, it also breaks the sash on things like lead ape, who it would be unwise to stay in on. So I would suggest u-turn, if you like replace stealth rocks with thunderpunch, as you seem set on attacking with iron head, and scrafrachi rarely gets up stealth rocks (well when I used it), unless she uses trick.

I want Jirachi to be able to handle most common leads so i twisted the lead set a bit and went with Tpunch>U-turn so that i could hit Metagross, Gyarados, Yanmega, and other OU leads with more damage, then i switch out accordingly so i dont rely on U-Turn.
Thanks for advise but i think im better off with what i have now.

Running the same Boah set on my team for quite a while, I've run into trouble with Water-Types, like Suicune, that use stat-boosting moves and cause trouble to the team. Scizor, Heracross, and Swampert don't usually get 2HKOed by Boah, and they're pretty annoying too, so you might want to consider remedying them a little. Sure Gyara can DD on Heracross but coming in on SR and a CC brings you close to 50%, so if your opponent decides to bring in Starmie, you'll have trouble - either switch out and come back on Hera losing enough HP for him to KO you, or die by Thunderbolt. Maybe a more offensive Gyarados (with more Speed EVs) will serve you better, though you might have trouble with the aforementioned water-types that give Tyranitar a hard time.

cresslia can come in o water types and hera and wall them with dual screens, then can THKO(?) Heracross with Psychic and Starmie wont touch Ttar after Dual Screens

bump. someone please tell me if this team is good or needs improvements or i need to go back to the drawing board.

ive been thinking of changing up from a Jirachi lead to the Uber Celebi lead version. any suggestions?

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RMT Rules said:
7. Bumping. If your team is interesting enough to comment on, people will do it for you. If no one at all comments on your RMT for around 24 hours, feel free to bump it. After you have bumped your thread once, or after it has been inactive for two weeks, do not bump it again unless you are making significant changes. "Stealth Bumps" will not be tolerated. Moderators and Administrators can see your deleted posts, so do yourself and us a favor and do not even attempt this.
6 bumps is a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)