BP team with a differance

it runs slightly differantly to the usual baton pass team, it does need some help with some of the possible pokemon to use, i dont want to use eevee evos every time.

the pokemon

smeargle@focus sash
jolly/own tempo
6hp/252atk/252spd
spore
ingrain
baton pass
extremespeed

a differant type of lead for a baton passing team, instead of the usual ninjask, this is used to quickly set up the protection against the scourge of baton pass, whirlwinders and roarers and gives the team that extra 6% heal that can nullify burns and poison

ninjask@leftovers
jolly/speed boost
176hp/252atk/80spd

substitute
baton pass
swords dance
x-scissor

it wouldn't be baton pass without this, works in much the same way it normally would but with the added benefit of ingrain gives it a couple of extra subs

vaporeon@leftovers
bold/water absorb
188hp/252def/68sa
acid armour
surf
ice beam
baton pass

basically used to come in either behind a jask sub for a quick acid armour or late in game on a something it can wall from calm minds on celebi, used as type coverage and a defence booster for the others

leafeon@leftovers
jolly/leaf guard
132HP/160Atk/216Spe
leaf blade
swords dance
baton pass
graswhistle

this can either sweep itself using other boosts to wall it or set up as a safe pysical wall especialy after vaporion passes acid armour, this is basically a second swords dance passer thats got a little more beef then jask

celebi@leftovers
timid/natural cure
252HP/80Def/176Spe
calm mind
grass knot
baton pass
recover

used to boost special defence mainly but can work in conjuction with vaporion or togekiss to get some meaty damage out of both

togekiss@leftovers
calm/serene grace
252HP/64SpD/192Spe
nasty plot
air slash
baton pass
roost

this with some defence boosts can come in set up some nasty plots in safety due to whatever buffs it has already attained from elsewhere then either go it alone or pass to vaporeon or celebi, it also counters shedinja which helps.

basically each pokemon assists each other in some way allowng me to pick and chose at any given time because of whirlwind immunity, its not 100% strength it struggles with steels who can easily switch in and set up, but i have no idea where to stick a flareon or if there are any alternatives

What does Extremespeed do on Smeargle? Afraid it gets taunted? Trust me, this will not hurt a lot of enemies... Why not put taunt there yourself? Or even Substitute or Spider Web?

the recipiant can be anything i want out of those 6. i have a few moves i would put on
aqua ring encore taunt etc might look into substitute though and ingrain makes sandstorm damage redundant anyway

The idea of a bp team is to have something like lucario to get lotsa speed + atk/spatk and sweep.

Maybe try and think of a mix'd Lucario set or something. Or even infernape. Just something which can hit from both sides of the spectrum with a diverse movepool.

it runs slightly differantly to the usual baton pass team, it does need some help with some of the possible pokemon to use, i dont want to use eevee evos every time.

the pokemon

smeargle@focus sash
jolly/own tempo
6hp/252atk/252spd
spore
ingrain
baton pass
Spiderweb

Spiderweb allows you to trap a poke. Ideally what you want is to come up against something that you are faster then, or something you can scare off with the threat of spore. Spiderweb first to trap, then spore away. If you're lucky you will have a few free turns before the opponent wakes up.

ninjask@leftovers
jolly/speed boost
176hp/252atk/80spd

substitute
baton pass
swords dance
x-scissor

Not much to say really, just a standard 'jask.

vaporeon@leftovers
bold/water absorb
188hp/252def/68sa
acid armour
surf
ice beam
baton pass

The only poke on your team with two attacks. Thats not exactly a good thing. The set itself isn't bad though, ice beam and surf provide okay coverage.

leafeon@leftovers
jolly/leaf guard
132HP/160Atk/216Spe
leaf blade
Substitute
baton pass
Return

I don't think leafeon is good here at all. As your primary physical attacker, it only has one attack, and grass isn't exactly the greatest attacking type to begin with. Grasswhistle has fairly bad accuracy too, I'd replace it with something like return if you want to keep using Leafeon. I'm not sure why you want swords dance on two pokes either, it seems a little redundant. I'd put substitue over it.

celebi@leftovers
timid/natural cure
252HP/80Def/176Spe
calm mind
grass knot
baton pass
recover

Again, just having the one attack isn't great, but I actually can't think of anything to change here.

togekiss@leftovers
calm/serene grace
252HP/64SpD/192Spe
nasty plot
air slash
baton pass
roost

Again, single attack syndrome.

Each of your pokes can pass all the boosts to another, which is good. The bad thing is that you will need to pass those boosts fairly often, once something comes in that resists a pokes sole attack (or vappy's two) This team would be hard to take down if you got it completely set up, but with all the passing you will need to be doing a critical hit could easily take out a poke.

I would suggest swapping out one link for a pure attacking poke, something like scizor maybe if you still want to be able to pass boosts again. Iron head, x-cissor, brick break and baton pass/roost would be a good set I think. I'd make togekiss a pure special sweeper too, aura sphere, tri attack, air slash and baton pass/roost depending on which you want more.

If you do decide to go for pure special and physical sweepers, I'd think about putting a few more substitues on your team instead of attacks on the stat upping pokes. A crit could easily end your fun, but a sub would help prevent that.

EDIT, grass whistle on leafeon would be good if you don't expect it to do much attacking.

I'm not entirely sure that the team needs an endsweeper. for instance, a +6 togekiss air slash is still going to hurt stuff that resists it. On this team, it seems to me more useful for the player to be able to baton pass out to anoter pokemon than to have an endsweeper. like if you've got all your boosts on leafeon, and then heatran comes in, you can pass out without losing your boosts. or if togekiss comes in and something like zapdos threatens it, he can pass the boosts to leafeon to absorb the bolt for little damage. an endsweeper might be countered by one of the pokemon and then unable to pass the boosts on, ending the bp chain. but here, he can constantly pass around. I'm liking the lack of an endsweeper.

i have encountered medicham, leafeon walls it quite nicely

belly drum smeargle would be a waste here, i was thinking about a trapping move on smeargle. and yes i know single attacks everwhere, leafeon works in a similar way to jask only jask cant take a hit ;) i might need to a fire move somewhere to remove ice and steel

Leafeon is not going to be sweeping any team with it's only attack being a grass move... I speak from personal experience

Heatran can come right in 4x resisting it, and send you running away with a fire attack... that is just one example

Leafon of course walls Medicham, but most Medicham are on BP teams and are passed speed and attack... if you pass a Belly Drum to Medicham, nothing walls it... it has over 1000 attack or some ridiculous number...

well leafeon wont sweep, thats more togekiss, but leafeon will do major damage to everything not resistant to grass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)