Breeding Variants

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Exeggutor-Alola of G-Luke:
I think the sets that can switch attacks ( like Z move ) are the ones that will completely crap on defense. Leaf Storm / Draco Meteor / Superpower / Synthesis basically craps on everything defensive but Magearna and SpD M-Scizor, who both have to fear other options that it has. Any kind of balance team with say, Landorus-T as its revenge killer could get screwed if it gets one or two defense boosts. Unaware Clefable can't handle two Leaf Storms, and Quagsire obviously can't. It's managable if everyone just runs offense but that's obviously an unhealthy situation.

Rhydon of Pika Xreme:
You say it doesn't have recovery but it has Wish. It also gets Swords Dance and Pixilate Quick Attack, which is probably a more relevant reason why its insane combo of bulk and power is wack.
Pika has already opted to remove Wish, but I still am skeptical it is balanced for reasons such as the ones you stated

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Could someone explain to me how Crabominable + Cloyster is hard to revenge kill and broken again? It has no STAB priority of its own, outpaced by +1 75 positive speed Pokemon A.K.A. every single Choice Scarfer in the tier, and it has to drop its horrid special defense and lower its decent defence stat to set up. Revenge killing Crabominable is literally the easiest aspect in dealing with this Pokémon.

Could someone explain to me how Crabominable + Cloyster is hard to revenge kill and broken again? It has no STAB priority of its own, outpaced by +1 75 positive speed Pokemon A.K.A. every single Choice Scarfer in the tier, and it has to drop its horrid special defense and lower its decent defence stat to set up. Revenge killing Crabominable is literally the easiest aspect in dealing with this Pokémon.
Well, walling it is not the easiest part because it has 132 Atk, 120 BP STAB, and boosts to +2 / +2 in one turn. Stopping it setting up is not the easiest part because it's all-around bulkier than gliscor and has good typing, so yeah, I agree revenge killing is the easiest part. I mean, it won't 6-0 your team because you have a Scarf in the wings, is that the standard of balanced now? You basically have to accept losing a pokemon when it comes in, risk losing the game by going hard to your Scarf user, or guess which coverage move it's running to try and wall it. I have seen many pokemon who fit this description get banned from their metagames for putting undue pressure on both teambuilding and in-game decision making, and that's what I think this mon would do.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Personally, I think Crabominable-Shelly will be completely fine. That speed is ass even for a Shell Smasher and it can't even really abuse Skill Link that well.

Something to keep in mind: Unlike FE, this mod's mechanics allow for openings to more flexibly nerf things even after they have already won. If I turn out to be wrong and Crab-Shelly ends up running the meta to an unhealthy extent, we can simply average a different stat aside from defense or alter its new movepool, or give it a different, less potent Cloyster ability.

G-Luke

Offense really has no problem with it. It would actually find it hard to get to set up, because while its bulk looks deceptively high, its SpD is extremely low. And with that speed stat, the mon will always receive significant damage on the turn it sets up, making it even easier to revenge kill. And as I said, it being able to kill a mon then get revengekilled by a Scarfer or Mega Alakazam (its that slow) isn't bad or unhealthy, because you arent going out of your way just to revenge kill this mon. Hawlucha, Choice Scarf users like Kartana and Pokemon like Mega Alakazam aren't rare niche picks. Its best bet for arguing how broken it is is how it does against defensive teams (it does better against them). Pure stall has Clefable, balance teams have Grass mon + Water mon plenty of times, forcing Crab to choose what it wants to beat.

One mon I’m surprised nobody is talking about is Archeops. In my quest to see what can and can't break this mode, this guy seems fairly interesting. While Flying and Water 3 don't lend to the most unique combinations, you have things like Sturdy/Shell Smash Crustle, or Omastar ot Kabutops water and Ice move additions alongside Swift Swim, or Sheer Force from Kingler, or Magic Guard and Psychic moves from Sigilyph, or Simple from Swoobat which I guess boosts... Hone Claws? Granted, Archeops doesn't nearly have the oppressive offensive capability of Phermosa, which isn't exactly a benchmark to go by, and there are Pokemon with higher Stat totals by far, not sure how to feel about this thing. I'm thinking possibly that it might be okay, but it might need to be watched, and I say this as someone who submitted for it.

I'd like to talk about a sub I think has a good concept, but I have a concern about:

Pokemon Name: Jynx-Chakra
Stats: 65/50/57/115/95/95 | 477 BST
Type: Ice/Fighting
New Moves: Fire Blast, Vacuum Wave, Knock Off, Encore, Foresight
Abilities: Oblivious, No Guard, Dry Skin
Height: 1.5m
Weight: 85.3 kg (80 BP)
Dex Entry: Its feminine appearance belies stalwart muscles that it uses for self-defense. It trains its mind and body daily through means of song, dance, and exercise.
Jynx learns Sing, which coupled with No Guard, gives it a never missing sleep-inducing move that goes through sub. I think if Sing was removed and Lovely Kiss remained, (which doesn't go through sub) it would be more okay, but in this state, I have concerns.

EDIT:

Pokemon Name: Archeops-Alien
Archeops + Starmie
Egg Group: Water 3
Stats: 75 / 140 / 65 / 112 / 75 / 110
Type: Psychic / Flying
New Moves: Waterfall, Psychic, Psyshock, Thunderbolt, Icy Wind
Abilities: Defeatist / Natural Cure
Dex Entry: Somehow they were able to reproduce, creating this dangerous monstruousity.
Competitive Use: Hey it's Archeops but with another ability (and an awful typing to compensate). Either a scarf set or an acrobatic wallbreaker would be its best sets.
Isn't Starmie genderless and therefore cant be crossed into?

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
One mon I’m surprised nobody is talking about is Archeops. In my quest to see what can and can't break this mode, this guy seems fairly interesting. While Flying and Water 3 don't lend to the most unique combinations, you have things like Sturdy/Shell Smash Crustle, or Omastar ot Kabutops water and Ice move additions alongside Swift Swim, or Sheer Force from Kingler, or Magic Guard and Psychic moves from Sigilyph, or Simple from Swoobat which I guess boosts... Hone Claws? Granted, Archeops doesn't nearly have the oppressive offensive capability of Phermosa, which isn't exactly a benchmark to go by, and there are Pokemon with higher Stat totals by far, not sure how to feel about this thing. I'm thinking possibly that it might be okay, but it might need to be watched, and I say this as someone who submitted for it.
Due to the relatively limited selection of mons it can combine with, I'm allowing Archeops to be used as a base. Just be wary of your sub's power!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I'm gonna go right ahead and begin voting. 6 votes in total are permitted, 2 of which can be self-votes so long as they are labeled appropriately! OPStellar's Steelix-Armory, Pika Xreme's Rhydon-Ribbon as well as both Petuh's Bronzong-Clear and Araquanid-Dragon are disqualified.

My Banette-Blademaster (SV)
My Hitmontop-Brainstorm (SV)
Tmi489's Flygon-Buzz
Ezaphs' Delcatty-Slacker
Samtendo09's Goodra-Flame
The Cruelest's Pikachu-Blue

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Isn't Starmie genderless and therefore cant be crossed into?
Right, ughhhh I missed that

EDIT
My Vaporeon-Spade
Raging Swampert’s Malamar-Toxic
Dilasc’s Rhyperior-Camo
Anaconja’s Kingdra-Camo
Samtendo’s Goodra-Flame
Tmi489’s Flygon-Buzz

yeah I like protean

Last edited:

G-Luke

G-Luke's Electivire-KungFu
Tmi489's Flygon-Buzz
Dilasc's Archeops-Cambrian
Mygavolt's Vikavolt-Migale
Scoopapa's Typhlosion-Cinder
Yung Dramps' Arcanine-Orca

OPStellar's Steelix-Armory ... disqualified.
frekin READ MY POSTS dude!!!!
It is NOT EVEN a better Aegislash, since it cannot boost its attack power! It does NOT inherit Swords Dance! It does NOT inherit an advantageous stat-adjusting Ability! It does NOT have a longer lifespan, since it is even slower!

Last edited:
Vikavolt-Migale (SV)
Banette-Blademaster (Dramps)
Goodra-Flame (Samtendo)
Absol-Oracle (Keegan)
Tyrantrum-Forest (CoolMan)
Mantine-Spiny (G-Luke)

Crikey folks, here is a big one. Right here we see a waste of time and effort that doesn't actually achieve anything. What a beauty.
That's right. I don't like it when people spend a lot of time on an idea and then voice their reasons for how it is a good idea only to be completely ignored and have their ideas not only disqualified (some for FALSE REASONS) but also shot down and never once given a token of positive feedback.
Yung Dramps is being an ignoramus. Steelix-Armory is 100% qualifiable, since Stance Change (as a species-specific Ability) has no competitive use for anything but Aegislash, but it is the only importable Ability option. I've said this many times. And I'll keep saying it. It's not broken. Don't fix it.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
That's right. I don't like it when people spend a lot of time on an idea and then voice their reasons for how it is a good idea only to be completely ignored and have their ideas not only disqualified (some for FALSE REASONS) but also shot down and never once given a token of positive feedback.
Yung Dramps is being an ignoramus. Steelix-Armory is 100% qualifiable, since Stance Change (as a species-specific Ability) has no competitive use for anything but Aegislash, but it is the only importable Ability option. I've said this many times. And I'll keep saying it. It's not broken. Don't fix it.
The problem isn’t stance change, it’s that ghost/steel with that bulk level is wildly good and would likely box out a large part of the meta

The problem isn’t stance change, it’s that ghost/steel with that bulk level is wildly good and would likely box out a large part of the meta
See? Nobody ever told me that! How about if I made it Ghost/Ground, or kept it at Steel/Ground, or even pure Steel type? Or was this feedback delayed so that it would be too late to make any changes? (everybody has set their votes already, and nobody has voted for anything I've done, so it's not like it'll have any impact whatsoever on this slate)

G-Luke

Even if what Yung Dramps did was unfair, what does voting for them possibly achieve? Did you expect anybody else to waste time and vote for something that is not on the slate? Im not critising your right to be upset. I just think the way you have gone about protesting it is an epic waste of time.

Even if what Yung Dramps did was unfair, what does voting for them possibly achieve? Did you expect anybody else to waste time and vote for something that is not on the slate? Im not critising your right to be upset. I just think the way you have gone about protesting it is an epic waste of time.
waste of nothing. took no effort. just like ignoring me took no effort on Yung Dramps' part.
but yeah if nobody's voting for any of mine, what is the point of me voting anyway

Just sub Steelix Armory again next slate, and average a different stat so it still has a weakness on the SpD side. It was a great sprite and a cool idea, it was just overpowered due to the 75/200/107 bulk and King Shield ( I'd axe that too, many competitive players hate the idea of this move ), which is basically poop in the ice cream no matter what the rest of it was. Sorry it went this way but there is nothing stopping you from resubbing it later.

Just sub Steelix Armory again next slate, and average a different stat so it still has a weakness on the SpD side. It was a great sprite and a cool idea, it was just overpowered due to the 75/200/107 bulk and King Shield ( I'd axe that too, many competitive players hate the idea of this move ), which is basically poop in the ice cream no matter what the rest of it was. Sorry it went this way but there is nothing stopping you from resubbing it later.
...Averaging ANY stat other than SpD would make it worse. It needs Gyro Ball power, so not even speed would do it any good. Literally anything but SpD would nerf it.
I can cut King's Shield, but then I'm tempted to replace it with Swords Dance, which I initially overlooked. Anaconja wasn't very impressed with its bulk, tbh.
Also consider: If it is on the offensive, there is a chance it will either mega-evolve and/or use Power Trick to up its Attack power. This will lower its defenses simultaneously, so in a way it has a balanced Swords Dance already.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)