SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

A rotom event before post game like platinum will be cool. Actually, being able to change forms will be even better because unlike the old games, the appliances now have actual unique types meaning using them will be entirely new experiences. Perhaps a little overpowered so not right after the second gym but just having them available before elite four will be nice.

Also, i've made a list of sinnoh mons who cannot exert their full potential before e4 / post game. Most of these aren't new and i'm not saying these mons are bad, just that they might not be what you're expecting so people can keep it in mind.
Luxray: Assuming wild charge is post game, it has no really stab or even coverage as crunch has been moved to lvl 56. You'd likely be stuck with thunderbolt, iron tail, normal filler, utility move

weavile: no stab moves other than ice shard...For some reason, night slash is at lvl 60. I don't even think it's feasible to breed icicle crash if you want to pull such shenanigans since the only mon i can see with icicle crash on the list is cloyster who isn't in both dp and pt variants of the dex.

mamoswine: icicle crash is an egg move. Still, 80 special attack so maybe ice beam can work?

wormadam, mothim: no good bug move until lvl 50

Leafeon: leaf blade is at lvl 50. You do have razor leaf though and leaf blade isn't that late compared to the other gens.

Chatot: No boomburst so still same old weak chatot.

Dusknoir: old news; no poltergeist so practically no stab.
Eh, I think you worry too much about stabs and using the "main" stats.

Expecially during main plot (aka, before the big juicy rematches and/or champion match), stats are low enough and enemies arent optimized so you're free to work off the weaker stat or using unstabbed coverage without much issue.

I mean... it's pokemon.
Even without factoring in the whole exp share thing, there's not been a single pokemon game you can't faceroll by just overleveling your starter as long as you have basic knowledge of type matchups.
You always had to *purposely try* to make the game harder, or have no knowledge of type matchups so end up getting bodied by random trainers cause you tried to use a fire move on a rock/water pokemon or had to trial and error because you did not know the typing of the enemy.

Sure <gym leader X> could have a good team... but what is it going to do against your starter that is 4 levels higher than the ace, filled with coverage TMs, and you're also probably using his other 5 as revive or potion fodder just in case?
That's why I defend the games should have a mode with
  • default set mode;
  • no items in battle (or at least in boss battles);
  • trainer level scaling to match your team;
The combination of these three make any mon with a decent moveset like BDSP appears to have a legit threat. This is not difficult to do, the majority of the hackroms like Radical Red, Unbound, Inclement Emerald, Blazing Emerald, Emerald Kaizo, etc have this kind of stuff. It's easy, you take the game exactly as it is and just add these by default and untoggable. Game Freak only doesn't do this because they don't want to. I can't find any other valid reason.

Game Freak only doesn't do this because they don't want to. I can't find any other valid reason.
I've said it multiple times, they dont design it because they don't care.

This series is meant to be played by kids to have fun, not for a challenge. It's meant to be easy.

Any time they actually bother to implement a challenge is to throw a bone to veterans, not something they are willing to actually invest resources for.

(Yes, probably any other company would have invested in making challenge modes for the sake of hitting a second target audience, but GF/TPCI are fine with just pleasing their target audience and getting anything else as collateral extra money)

Am I reading this right, does Ho-Oh not have Brave Bird?!

Man that's really odd, considering most of the other legendaries got their later sig moves like Mewtwo, Groudon, and Kyogre. I don't see Dragon Ascent on Rayquaza, but maybe there's an NPC that teaches Rayquaza that move as usual. I realize Brave Bird isn't a sig move on Ho-Oh, but its such a weird thing to leave out when Lugia gets Dragon Rush again!
It wouldn’t be the authentic dpp experience without a neutered Ho-Oh unable to effectively use its Flying-type STAB!!

A rotom event before post game like platinum will be cool. Actually, being able to change forms will be even better because unlike the old games, the appliances now have actual unique types meaning using them will be entirely new experiences.
Is it confirmed Rotom and its forms are pre-league?

Ho-Oh doesnt need Brave Bird. The mighty birb used an infinitesimal part of its power to give Brave Bird to the rest of Pokémon in Sinnoh, sacrificing himself again for the greater good like he did when resurrected the deceased mons in gsc, while pussy lugia was like "omg my wings make storms and my tower is burning, i better run and reclude myself in a random island leaving this town, their people and Pokémon to their luck".

Here are some sinnoh mons that have been buffed / changed. Note i don't really know the level up movesets so this will just be a general grasp. And the mon's actual performance might depend on outside circumstances like the availability of stones.
: flare blitz at lvl 1 now. Flamethrower is still probably better but swords dance is an op move in game so maybe this can be better with it.
: swords dance+simple+priorities: bibarel sweeps seem legit tbh
: quiver dance
: lvl 41 waterfall
: giga drain buff
: earth power early. The blue variant's availability hasn't changed though so who cares

: early shadow ball.
: heart scale coverage moves

: sucker punch. moxie would've been rad ngl
: meteor mash
: functional dark moves early
: wild charge
: fairy typing. fks garchomp...actually it has poison jab so no
: heart scale stabs...fuck yeah
: better sprite
:early razor leaf and leaf blade lvl 50, just a general buff regarding the moves it learn
: acrobatics and natural earthquake. i also think there has been a shuffle in moves but don't quote me on that
: freeze dry
: tri attack with heart scale. but hyper beam :)
: several coverage moves
: for obvious reasons assuming it gets even included of course.

1636568474593.png

Going over the possible NPC Dawn/Lucas teams, I realized there was a mostly consistent pattern.
  • Grass/Fire/Water core with their Sinnoh starter, a non-Sinnoh starter that covers their main starters weakness, and a pokemon from their additional starter's region to round out the core.
  • A lead flying type.
  • A Sinnoh Normal type.
The interesting part is looking at teams 694 and 695, there should be an Ice type Sinnoh evolution in each team, but 693 has Mr. Mime instead. Now, this means three things, either this a a long term consequence of Jynx not receiving a Sinnoh evolution like Magmar and Electrabuzz, Mr. Rime was suppose to be in that spot if it was considered to be in the game, or Weavile and Glaceon were off the table.

View attachment 384406
Going over the possible NPC Dawn/Lucas teams, I realized there was a mostly consistent pattern.
  • Grass/Fire/Water core with their Sinnoh starter, a non-Sinnoh starter that covers their main starters weakness, and a pokemon from their additional starter's region to round out the core.
  • A lead flying type.
  • A Sinnoh Normal type.
The interesting part is looking at teams 694 and 695, there should be an Ice type Sinnoh evolution in each team, but 693 has Mr. Mime instead. Now, this means three things, either this a a long term consequence of Jynx not receiving a Sinnoh evolution like Magmar and Electrabuzz, Mr. Rime was suppose to be in that spot if it was considered to be in the game, or Weavile and Glaceon were off the table.
Or they found out the hard way Mr. Rime wasn't in the game.

View attachment 384406
  • A lead flying type.
  • A Sinnoh Normal type.
Also worth noting that two of the three flying types also cover for the secondary type of the starter: Fairy on Togekiss beats Fighting types that would be good against Empoleon's Steel, and Honchkrow's Dark beats Psychic types that would be good against Infernape's Fighting. I suppose Crobat could also be taken as an answer to Grass beating Ground, but Torterra isn't actually weak to Grass.

Also worth noting that two of the three flying types also cover for the secondary type of the starter: Fairy on Togekiss beats Fighting types that would be good against Empoleon's Steel, and Honchkrow's Dark beats Psychic types that would be good against Infernape's Fighting. I suppose Crobat could also be taken as an answer to Grass beating Ground, but Torterra isn't actually weak to Grass.
Yeah but there isn't a Fire/Flying or Fighting/Flying one that could have hit the Ice weakness...

If Torterra isnt weak to grass, why does it have a giant tree growing on its back, causing insufferable pain and horror, and the thing seems unable to do anything about it?

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
has anyone found the BDSP version of Cynthia's battle theme?

Also,

this was already in a trailer but this just slaps so hard I feel obligated to post this here in case people have missed it. I feel confident the leaked soundtrack is not the complete version, and the patch will replace some of the shittier songs.

View attachment 384406
  • A lead flying type.
  • A Sinnoh Normal type.
They could've given Lucas a changing bug between Mothim/Kricketune/Volbeat so anyone uses them finally.

View attachment 384406
  • A lead flying type.
  • A Sinnoh Normal type.
I noticed this too yesterday, they're certainly interesting teams. Also, apparently only Dawn uses those teams, if you choose Lucas as the playable character, obviously.

If you use Dawn, Lucas uses these three teams, they also have a pattern
1636570213163.png

• A Sinnoh starter
  • A Rotom form which is weak to the Sinnoh starter Lucas choose.
  • A normal type
  • An Eeveelution
  • A fossil Pokémon
  • And... I can't really tell what's the connection between Dusknoir, Absol and Gliscor other than the fact that they're the leads of their teams.
It's really nice that we can battle Lucas/Dawn. Previously we could only battle with them

I've said it multiple times, they dont design it because they don't care.

This series is meant to be played by kids to have fun, not for a challenge. It's meant to be easy.

Any time they actually bother to implement a challenge is to throw a bone to veterans, not something they are willing to actually invest resources for.

(Yes, probably any other company would have invested in making challenge modes for the sake of hitting a second target audience, but GF/TPCI are fine with just pleasing their target audience and getting anything else as collateral extra money)
I don't necessarily agree with you that they don't care since the resources/ investment needed to do this are so minimal that it makes zero sense to not try. Like straight up just the existence of the QOL fixes to breeding and EV training already justifies the inclusion of difficulty modes like 10 times over. I think its just a weird design philosophy thing like the forced exp share. I am definitely overdosing on hopium, but I hope the reception of the rematch rosters mean sometime in the future they will decide to throw a delicious bone to the veterans that only took a few hours to make.

I noticed this too yesterday, they're certainly interesting teams. Also, apparently only Dawn uses those teams, if you choose Lucas as the playable character, obviously.

If you use Dawn, Lucas uses these three teams, they also have a pattern
View attachment 384409
  • A Sinnoh starter
  • A Rotom form which is weak to the Sinnoh starter Lucas choose.
  • A normal type
  • An Eeveelution
  • A fossil Pokémon
  • And... I can't really tell what's the connection between Dusknoir, Absol and Gliscor other than the fact that they're the leads of their teams.
It's really nice that we can battle Lucas/Dawn. Previously we could only battle with them
I get that Rotom's moveset is copied from the other teams, but Specs Hex on a team that can't reliably apply major status seems off. But then, this is the team with max Attack Adamant Tauros using only special moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)