SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

I have looked at the encounter tables to find which Pokémon are unobtainable.

Excluding fossils, special encounters (e.g., Drifloon, Rotom), and gift Pokémon (e.g., Riolu), the following Pokémon do not appear in any encounter table, so the only way to obtain them would be via in-game gift (AFAIK there isn't a list for this yet), event (there was a Tangrowth event in D/P), and/or special mechanic (Feebas was only catchable in 4 fishing spots in Mt. Coronet):
  • Starters
  • Tangela, Tangrowth
  • Feebas, Milotic
  • Tropius
Excepting Feebas, these Pokémon were not obtainable in the original D/P games. It makes sense to keep starters until Pokémon HOME compatibility allows transfers, but I am really puzzled by the exclusion of Tropius and (most notably) Tangela (who got an evolution in Gen IV)/Tangrowth (who we've seen in the trailers). Perhaps an oversight that will be fixed on the day-1 patch?

I am also terrified at the prospect of Feebas being locked under the crazy fishing spot mechanic. I am guessing this feature is still in, but coded differently so it is not reflected on the encounter table. Oh my, back in the day I spent hours trying to catch Feebas and I never succeeded. The only one I ever got was hacked using an Action Replay. Ugh, this is the worst mechanic in the games.
Honestly, not that bad. Assuming we get all the other Platinum mons + the DP version exclusives (Murkrow, Misdreavus, Glameow, Stunky) back in the regional dex, this seems like more than a fair tradeoff to me.

On another note, I can't believe the roller coaster this game has already put me through. I went from cautiously optimistic and quietly rooting for this game. To my hope slowly degrading, starting to root against it out of spite (the Exp. All was the straw that initially broke the camel's back for me).

To now being more hyped for this game than I have been for a Pokémon game since Gen 5. I think this game will give Platinum a run for its money as the best in the series in my opinion.

What fascinates me is how a game marketed as this cute, cuddly chibi-art kid friendly game appears to be designed with one of the harshest, if not the harshest difficulty curve in a main series game ever. I can say with a fair bit of confidence that that third rematch Cynthia battle looks to be the best assembled NPC team I've ever seen in a Pokémon game, ultimately looking like the best final boss in the series in my view.

Just a fascinating 180 turn of events.

Just a random question, but has anyone managed to get a Spiritomb? I know online features aren't turned on yet, but maybe local meetups will work? I'd like to know if it still requires 32 meetups, and whether those can be the same person.

I have looked at the encounter tables to find which Pokémon are unobtainable.

Excluding fossils, special encounters (e.g., Drifloon, Rotom), and gift Pokémon (e.g., Riolu), the following Pokémon do not appear in any encounter table, so the only way to obtain them would be via in-game gift (AFAIK there isn't a list for this yet), event (there was a Tangrowth event in D/P), and/or special mechanic (Feebas was only catchable in 4 fishing spots in Mt. Coronet):
  • Starters
  • Tangela, Tangrowth
  • Feebas, Milotic
  • Tropius
Excepting Feebas, these Pokémon were not obtainable in the original D/P games. It makes sense to keep starters until Pokémon HOME compatibility allows transfers, but I am really puzzled by the exclusion of Tropius and (most notably) Tangela (who got an evolution in Gen IV)/Tangrowth (who we've seen in the trailers). Perhaps an oversight that will be fixed on the day-1 patch?

I am also terrified at the prospect of Feebas being locked under the crazy fishing spot mechanic. I am guessing this feature is still in, but coded differently so it is not reflected on the encounter table. Oh my, back in the day I spent hours trying to catch Feebas and I never succeeded. The only one I ever got was hacked using an Action Replay. Ugh, this is the worst mechanic in the games.
Really, tangela, tangrowth & tropius aren't in the underground?

Utterly bizarre decision there.

Really, tangela, tangrowth & tropius aren't in the underground?

Utterly bizarre decision there.
Do we actually know if the encounter tables are actually also for the underground? I was under the impression the statues in your base would determine the pokemon that'd spawn.

Do we actually know if the encounter tables are actually also for the underground? I was under the impression the statues in your base would determine the pokemon that'd spawn.
I was thinking the same thing. You don't need to check an encounter table when interacting with a mon visible on the overworld, so if there's another method to spawning mons in the Underground it wouldn't need to have any tables associated with it.

Do we know if the Gen 3 movie character cameo trainers have had their names changed again. For the uninitiated, there were three trainers in DPPt that were based on Rebecca (Hitomi in Japan) from Destiny Deoxys and Butler and Diane from Jirachi: Wish maker, all with their respective Pokemon.
View attachment 384383
View attachment 384384
They're the same names as in English DP, assuming the google doc is correct

These gym leader rematch teams have a little something for everyone.

View attachment 384291
Memes,
View attachment 384292
Evasion spam,
View attachment 384294
interesting sets...
View attachment 384293
...wait a minute. Snatch is snapped in SWSH, that's why its TM is gone. I just checked the move data again and move 289/Snatch does have a 0 in the isValid column, so it's still supposed to be unusable in this game, but Fantina just has it anyway. Thanks ILCA.

EDIT:
View attachment 384295
There's Feint Attack too. These moves don't show up in the learnset data at all for a more obvious way to check.
When the games is finally out for everyone, someone needs to pp stall this Banette to see if what it'll do with the disabled move.

Haven't seen it brought up, but we have the designs for the slates used in Ramanas park.
Hmm weren't these not present...ah I see, these are from the official website

Really cool

It’s unclear exactly how these slates can be obtained, so you’ll have to do some research as you explore the Sinnoh region.
wonder if they're just spread around the region like mega stones are or if they're a little more involved

A rotom event before post game like platinum will be cool. Actually, being able to change forms will be even better because unlike the old games, the appliances now have actual unique types meaning using them will be entirely new experiences. Perhaps a little overpowered so not right after the second gym but just having them available before elite four will be nice.

Also, i've made a list of sinnoh mons who cannot exert their full potential before e4 / post game. Most of these aren't new and i'm not saying these mons are bad, just that they might not be what you're expecting so people can keep it in mind.
Luxray: Assuming wild charge is post game, it has no really stab or even coverage as crunch has been moved to lvl 56. You'd likely be stuck with thunderbolt, iron tail, normal filler, utility move

weavile: no stab moves other than ice shard...For some reason, night slash is at lvl 60. I don't even think it's feasible to breed icicle crash if you want to pull such shenanigans since the only mon i can see with icicle crash on the list is cloyster who isn't in both dp and pt variants of the dex.

mamoswine: icicle crash is an egg move. Still, 80 special attack so maybe ice beam can work?

wormadam, mothim: no good bug move until lvl 50

Leafeon: leaf blade is at lvl 50. You do have razor leaf though and leaf blade isn't that late compared to the other gens.

Chatot: No boomburst so still same old weak chatot.

Dusknoir: old news; no poltergeist so practically no stab.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)