SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

I have looked at the encounter tables to find which Pokémon are unobtainable.

Excluding fossils, special encounters (e.g., Drifloon, Rotom), and gift Pokémon (e.g., Riolu), the following Pokémon do not appear in any encounter table, so the only way to obtain them would be via in-game gift (AFAIK there isn't a list for this yet), event (there was a Tangrowth event in D/P), and/or special mechanic (Feebas was only catchable in 4 fishing spots in Mt. Coronet):
  • Starters
  • Tangela, Tangrowth
  • Feebas, Milotic
  • Tropius
Excepting Feebas, these Pokémon were not obtainable in the original D/P games. It makes sense to keep starters until Pokémon HOME compatibility allows transfers, but I am really puzzled by the exclusion of Tropius and (most notably) Tangela (who got an evolution in Gen IV)/Tangrowth (who we've seen in the trailers). Perhaps an oversight that will be fixed on the day-1 patch?

I am also terrified at the prospect of Feebas being locked under the crazy fishing spot mechanic. I am guessing this feature is still in, but coded differently so it is not reflected on the encounter table. Oh my, back in the day I spent hours trying to catch Feebas and I never succeeded. The only one I ever got was hacked using an Action Replay. Ugh, this is the worst mechanic in the games.
Do we have any Grand Underground encounter tables yet? If so... this is highly disappointing, I was hoping to add Tangrowth on one of my teams

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
The lack of some mons, illegal movesets, and some other weird stuff make me believe they had to rush the release for the physical version of the game and the day one patch is to fix all the stuff they left incomplete, the game feels like the beta right before the final version.

I love how they put scarf on raichu so you cant reverse sweep with +1 gyara using his own rain setting dd on pelipper because raichu still outspeed you at +1 whereas the rest of the team dies to a combination of waterfall + eq.
Or you know set up dd twice and then sweep the rest of his team.

What's interesting to me is that I don't believe any of the early copy reviewers (who let us know about non-infinite TMs etc) didn't note the fights being particularly difficult, even though as early as Gardenia there's some wild stuff

What's interesting to me is that I don't believe any of the early copy reviewers (who let us know about non-infinite TMs etc) didn't note the fights being particularly difficult, even though as early as Gardenia there's some wild stuff
I mean... it's pokemon.
Even without factoring in the whole exp share thing, there's not been a single pokemon game you can't faceroll by just overleveling your starter as long as you have basic knowledge of type matchups.
You always had to *purposely try* to make the game harder, or have no knowledge of type matchups so end up getting bodied by random trainers cause you tried to use a fire move on a rock/water pokemon or had to trial and error because you did not know the typing of the enemy.

Sure <gym leader X> could have a good team... but what is it going to do against your starter that is 4 levels higher than the ace, filled with coverage TMs, and you're also probably using his other 5 as revive or potion fodder just in case?

Are you somehow assuming that nowadays they finish the games? No one believes than a randon will finish way of the nioh. They just play 2 hours and then copy another analysis changing the words.

It's not trivial, but at the end of the day it's a Pokémon game.

(And I'd rather have them not say a thing rather than go like "It's the Dark Souls of Pokémon!")

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57058
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/d...al&utm_campaign=ukbdsp&utm_term=0daypatchinfo

Considering the things the Day 0 patch adds and the things they still have to add in a subsequent patch it's impressive, honestly, that the game is as complete a state as its in, and pretty clear to me that covid really wrecked them.

For as indepth as the patch notes (& future plans) are I'm surprised there's no mention of the music. Because I presume the entire point of the current battle soundtrack is to play with DS Sounds, which would kind of necessitate not-ds-midis

e: I wonder how long the game has been in "gone gold" state

Considering the things the Day 0 patch adds and the things they still have to add in a subsequent patch it's impressive, honestly, that the game is as complete a state as its in, and pretty clear to me that covid really wrecked them.
Well, remember both BDSP and LA were shown having footage in the trailers taken from multiple releases, even with graphic UI changing between parts of the same trailer...

Honestly, my actual thought is "i'm surprised the phisical copy even works" at this point.

Well, remember both BDSP and LA were shown having footage in the trailers taken from multiple releases, even with graphic UI changing between parts of the same trailer...

Honestly, my actual thought is "i'm surprised the phisical copy even works" at this point.
someone do a phising attempt on ilca, i want the email communications thats just everyone at ilca, gamefreak & nintendo goign "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!" to each other

someone do a phising attempt on ilca, i want the email communications thats just everyone at ilca, gamefreak & nintendo goign "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!" to each other
Honestly that just reminds me of the same memes that we throw around Blizzard with
"By the way, how's the development going? Everything is ready? We're releasing in 1 month by the way :) "

I wasnt aware they will ve giving mew and jirachi.

Seeing at how most teams are based on mostly ramdom balanced mons, i think a team of Torterra, Jirachi, Manaphy, Mew and Dialga is actually original.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)