SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

1636520130241.png

I thought this was a mistake but apparently since Magnitude is gone, they gave Geodude Harden again which it hasn't had since Gen 2. So that's neat. It's really random what they chose to replace snapped moves with, sometimes you get hits like Parting Shot Chatot (Synchronoise) and some are misses like Facade Skitty (Assist).

1636520634513.png

I think there might be a galactic grunt out there with no moves.

1636520799022.png

Look at that Tauros set! I think ILCA invested EVs into the wrong attacking stat.

1636520948186.png

Nice Typhlosion.
1636522642327.png

This Crobat has Super Fang. In the main games it'd get this by move tutor, but it doesn't have a way to learn it in BDSP for now.
1636522902105.png

Mars's Zubat has U-turn which explains why it was switched out in that one video.
I'm out for the night but this was pretty nice to see. These boss teams seem very soulful, thank you ILCA.

View attachment 384300
I thought this was a mistake but apparently since Magnitude is gone, they gave Geodude Harden again which it hasn't had since Gen 2. So that's neat. It's really random what they chose to replace snapped moves with, sometimes you get hits like Parting Shot Chatot (Synchronoise) and some are misses like Facade Skitty (Assist).

View attachment 384302
I think there might be a galactic grunt out there with no moves.

View attachment 384303
Look at that Tauros set! I think ILCA invested EVs into the wrong attacking stat.

View attachment 384305
Nice Typhlosion.
View attachment 384313
This Crobat has Super Fang. In the main games it'd get this by move tutor, but it doesn't have a way to learn it in BDSP for now.
View attachment 384314
Mars's Zubat has U-turn which explains why it was switched out in that one video.
Love the Choice Scarf + Eruption Typhlosion

Typhlosion only has one thing going for it, might as well take advantage of it

Nah fam, objectively that title is hers. Cite me a better constructed NPC team than this one right here:

Spiritomb84
PressureSitrus BerryShadow Ball / Dark Pulse / Will-O-Wisp / Sucker Punch
Porygon-Z85
AdaptabilityExpert BeltHyper Beam / Shadow Ball / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt
Togekiss86
Serene GraceLeftoversAir Slash / Dazzling Gleam / Aura Sphere / Thunder Wave
Lucario86
Inner FocusFocus SashClose Combat / Meteor Mash / Earthquake / Extreme Speed
Milotic84
Marvel ScaleFlame OrbRecover / Mirror Coat / Ice Beam / Scald
Garchomp88
Rough SkinYache BerryDragon Claw / Earthquake / Swords Dance / Poison Jab

Go ahead, I'll wait.
If you insist.

Guy on the left phazes his own 'mons to negate recharge and fire a supermove every turn—that includes a Banded Slaking. But turning it into a dick-measuring contest is exactly the problem. It's already bad that the internet overexaggerates Cynthia's difficulty, figure, and general connectedness to the story. Now we'll be stuck hearing I-told-you-she's-the-toughest(!!) for another fifteen years because TPC trusted some wise guys to chuck a third chance in her direction.

We're all rightfully shitting ourselves at the rematch teams among others, but I just want to praise something of an "underrated gem" that's gotten buried in the crossfire: Saturn!

View attachment 384310
They took one of the lamest boss teams and managed to renovate it into a delightfully memey Rain stall battle of all things while keeping to the DP team composition.
Delightful is right. I only have to wonder whether eight turns is enough for it to get anything done. It looks annoying to fight, which is possibly the point, but I don't see it holding up long enough for Toxicroak to finish the job. Refresh my memory. Is this set right before Cyrus at the Veilstone HQ?

Last edited:
Postgame fights are really popping off lol

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TryggpRDWMgIrZ6BPobamvJHiJjXhp0RRypD8uBXCRA/edit#gid=0

Anyways here's the Battle Tower sets

Of note, EVs are used completely, and do not have to be evenly distributed (though they usually are). IVs are also more expressive in a similar fashion, and in particular feature relevant 0s.

Most notable, though, are abilities. Anyone familiar with battle facilities knows that these are usually random, but in this game they seem to be fixed. Also, they are placed with their direct ids into the data rather than ability slot, so we have a whole new avenue for Tower set errors! Gender also might be fixed, but the value is universally "50" and I'm not sure what to make of that. I assume it is weighed against the gender ratio somehow.

actually the most notable thing is this fucking bullshit:
articuno.png

Last edited:
actually the most notable thing is this fucking shit:
View attachment 384316
I don't see what is wrong with that. Articuno is an excellent Stallbreaker in formats that allows OHKO moves, on my BattleSpotSingles team for Gen 7, it was excellent stall breaker for the stall mirror matchup alongside Gliscor, with Articuno taking Special Attackers, while Gliscor handling Physical.

I think there are a third set of E4 rematches that go into the EIGHTIES

Spiritomb84
PressureSitrus BerryShadow Ball / Dark Pulse / Will-O-Wisp / Sucker Punch
Porygon-Z85
AdaptabilityExpert BeltHyper Beam / Shadow Ball / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt
Togekiss86
Serene GraceLeftoversAir Slash / Dazzling Gleam / Aura Sphere / Thunder Wave
Lucario86
Inner FocusFocus SashClose Combat / Meteor Mash / Earthquake / Extreme Speed
Milotic84
Marvel ScaleFlame OrbRecover / Mirror Coat / Ice Beam / Scald
Garchomp!88
Rough SkinYache BerryDragon Claw / Earthquake / Swords Dance / Poison Jab
And also cynthia picked upa porygon-z because why not i guess!
Oh yeah, now I remember: in Platnium, I think if you kept beating the e4 Barry would challenge you in the battle zone and his team could get boosted with each clear, maxing out in the low to mid 80s, and was one of the highest leveled the franchise before Red came along...again.

Ema Skye

Work!
If you insist.

Guy on the left phazes his own 'mons to negate recharge and fire a supermove every turn—that includes a Banded Slaking. But turning it a dick-measuring contest is exactly the problem. It's already bad that the internet overexaggerates Cynthia's difficulty, figure, and general connectedness to the story. Now we'll be stuck hearing I-told-you-she's-the-toughest(!!) for another fifteen years because TPC trusted some wise guys to chuck a third chance in her direction.
Shit like Gonzap (also Evice) is exactly why the Orre games need their remake. BDSP's boss design is literally XD/Colo level and I think both show what happens when Gamefresk takes a step back as the main developer.

Oh yeah, now I remember: in Platnium, I think if you kept beating the e4 Barry would challenge you in the battle zone and his team could get boosted with each clear, maxing out in the low to mid 80s, and was one of the highest leveled the franchise before Red came along...again.
Barry maxed out with his ace at level 85 in Platinum. It appears he only goes up to level 74 in BDSP.

But Cynthia going all the way up to 88 now ties her with Red as the highest levelled NPC you can face in any main series game ever, I believe. With a far better team to boot. Plus all holding items and EV trained, neither of which Red did.

I have to say I am liking some of the post game NPC moves and Pokemon. Seems a bit more challenging than typical. It would be nice if you could scale them up to level 100 after you beat every one though to keep the challenge there. SWSD post game was lame.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
OK, I skimmed through the moves, and I have some comments.
  • So, Hidden Power appears to have been brought back pretty much solely for the purpose of Unown having a move, because nothing else gets it.
  • Clamperl did not get a move to replace Clamp. It just has three moves until Shell Smash, which is still at level 50.
  • Shroomish still gets Spore at level 40, far beyond the point where you would want to evolve it, and Breloom still cannot get the move itself.
  • Weezing still has no physical STAB. It has been in this state since the originals that these games are remakes of. I am suitably disgruntled.
  • THEY TOOK. DREAM EATER. BACK OUT. OF DROWZEE. AND HYPNO'S. LEVEL-UP. MOVEPOOLS. Oh, but don't worry, they filled that space well enough. Hypnosis at level 1. Hypnosis at level 21. Hypnosis at level 37. What crack from the depths of hell were they smoking when they worked on this one?
  • Ekans and Arbok no longer get Poison Jab by leveling up. This one stings. I still remember using an Arbok ingame in Ultra Moon. No physical STAB leveling up between Poison Sting and Gunk Shot, and the TM for Poison Jab was on Mt. Friggin' Lanakila. Then Let's Go came around and gave it Poison Jab by leveling up, and I was happy.
  • Dodrio was not given High Jump Kick to compensate for Jump Kick's continued failure of existence. It was, however, given Lunge. And... Wing Attack. Like, OK, Steel Wing being a remnant of early-installment weirdness, I get that much. But they made the conscious decision in this day and age to give Wing Attack to a flightless, wingless bird. Are they quite OK over there?
  • Unown/Hidden Power: Wonder if Hidden Power has had any changes now that its a Signature Move. Like, I can't imagine it would be anything that'll make Unown usable, but could at least be interesting.
  • Clamperl: Ugh, only 3 moves under Level 50? If they're going to do that at the very least make it more easy to evolve.
  • Shroomish: I wonder if for some reason GF sees this and Clamperl's Level 50 Shell Smash as more "competitive" moves thus makes them high level so wouldn't interfere with how they imagine a casual use of the Pokemon would be? Yeah, I know, stupid, but this is GF who feel like they're perfectly willing to sabotage a Pokemon's use for a vision only they see for that Pokemon.
  • Weezing: They should just switch Weezing's Attack with its HP.
  • Drowzee family/Dream Eater & Hypnosis:
  • Ekans family/No Poison Jab: At least give it Poison Fang (and bump up Poison Fang's power, how come Psychic Fangs which makes no sense gets to be 85 Power yet Poison Fang which makes sense to be a move only get 50? Bite and Crunch have higher Power! Or you can do a Venoshock thing where it does more damage to a Poisoned target.
  • Lunge: Apparently a batch of Pokemon get Lunge which ABOUT TIME! No idea why they're so stingy with such a rather basic move. Do we know what other Pokemon get Lunge?

Completely out of nowhere I see they took Take Down off Beldum and gave it Tackle instead. At least it'll stop suiciding when you want to catch it.
I guess that's better than nothing, though then again I don't get why it can only learn one "charging" move. Body Slam, Chip Away, Facade, Flail, Headbutt, Skull Bash. Heck, being Beldum becomes the limbs of Metang, maybe have it learn punching moves. And how have they not added Iron Head & Zen Headbutt to its movepool yet?

Bug Buzz:
Spinarak/Ariados
Pineco/Forretress

Nasty Plot:
Poochyena/Mightyena
Skitty/Delcatty
Grumpig
Deoxys (Was Event Move)
Only one that isn't a waste is Grumpig and Deoxys.

From what I've noticing, the only pokemon that had Toxic added back to their TM learnset are:
- Bulbasaur line
- Nidoran line (both)
- Oddish line
- Gastly line
- Koffing line
- Mew (duh)
- Crobat (interestingly, not Zubat/Golbat)
- Wooper line
- Qwilfish
- Shuckle
- Dustox
- Shroomish (not Breelom)
- Roselia line
- Gulpin line
- Vespiquen
- Stunky line
- Skorupi line
- Croagunk line

Almost all of them also just learn the move naturally while leveling up, I think the only exceptions are Bulbasaur's line and Mew

There are a few poison type lines that are not included in this.
Okay, I support Toxic not being on every single Pokemon cause that made no sense... but that list is WAY to short. First, all Poison-types should be on it unless there's a reason lore-wise which, looking through the Poison-types, I can't really think of any. And then there's the Pokemon who are mentioned to have poison attributes or just seem like they'll be able to poison: Rattata family, Sandslash, Paras family, Magmar family, Umbreon, Misdreavus family, Dunsparce, Gligar family, Slugma family, Remoraid family, Houndour family, entire Wurmple family, Shiftry, Sableye, Numel family, Torkoal, Zangoose, Lileep family, Anorith family, Banette, Dusclops family, Absol, Shellos family, Drifloon family, Spiritomb, Carnivine, Heatran, Shaymin. I'll stop at Gen IV for now.

I'm pretty sure they had a big reunion, asked the employees what they thought about Grimer and Muk learning Toxic, because after polishing all the great details of the game it was the last question remaining, and after extensive thought and testing, ultimately concluded that for reasons that will be later revealed in a public document of dozens of lines and calcs, Grimer and Muk shouldn't learn Toxic.
  • So, here's the list of Pokemon that should get Toxic after agreeing to strictly only give it to Pokemon we think could deliver a toxic delivery. Any disagreements?
  • Um, why Grimer & Muk here?
  • Because they're a pile of toxic sludge.
  • True... but does that mean they have a way to inject or insert its poison as we agreed for the new Toxic Pokemon list?
  • You literally get poisoned being around it, let alone touching it.
  • That's not it injecting or inserting. Let's remove it. Who's next?
In the Master Class, I believe you fight the gym leaders and Cynthia on the way to Palmer
Oh, that's a fun idea (and of course the Elite Four are excluded again). Only other time they did something like that was for the Battle Tree having the Captains.

A little too late to my liking... I'll wait until we get the encounter tables to make my final decision on how much late it's unlocked. I mean, it should be unlocked from the moment you reach a Pokémon Center for the first time...
Hm, maybe make it context sensitive? Like upon catching 7 or more Pokemon, this happens: You enter a Pokemon Center (maybe for tutorial sake make it so it can't happen in Sandgem Town so that you can be explained how the PC works, so earliest would be Jubilife City), you see someone (Bebe) working on the PC. Even if you go to the front desk the nurse is distracted with what's going on at the PC. You go over to the PC and get a cutscene with Bebe introducing herself. She explains she's upgrading the PCs so that trainers can access them anywhere with the Box Link. Seeing you're a trainer and that you caught 7+ Pokemon, she gives you the Box Link to help her test it out. Then she leaves saying her place is in Hearthome and would like to see how our PC is coming along.

I have no idea why any of you ever thought there was going to be trainer revamps harsher difficulty, moveset updates other than very basic ones, or literally any change to gameplay. It was never promised nor mentioned.
... Because it's stupid not to.

I don't know what to tell you at this point after all the posts detailing our thoughts why.

Let me ask you this:
  • Why are you letting GF off the hook slacking off like this?
  • What do you gain for them not taking even the tiniest steps to make a better game that would have taken no additional development time?
  • Finally, why are you so bothered by other people asking for a better experience? GF can respond in only two ways: Either they don't listen and they keep doing what they've been doing or they do listen and take the time to make better games. For the stance you're taking, you seem to win eitherway. So what's the problem?

The game literally has no intro. :facepalm:
Wait, what? It doesn't start with the Lake or Rage/Red Gyarados report?

Incidentally Nosepass only evolves at Mt Coronet lol
ILCA: Hey, should we also make Nosepass evolve via Thunder Stone?
GF: No.
ILCA: Um, why?
GF: Because that wasn't how it was in the original game.
ILCA: But you're allowing Magneton to evolve with a Thunder Stone.
GF: Because that's a change WE made and only we can make changes.
ILCA: Note to self, don't tell them about the moveset changes we made...

That said if I had to guess it will be nothing "major" and instead things like:
-The new music (since there's seemingly only the midis for now, which are probably meant to be played with the DS Sounds)
-The intro
-Online, obviously
-Those slate items that seemingly dont have item images so you can actually do Ramanes park?
I don't like the idea they're excluding stuff, no matter how trivial, from the physical copies to be patched in later. Like, years later when the Switch servers are shut down and you can no longer get a patch, starting a "fresh" game on a Switch without the patch means you're getting a lesser game than even GF intended.

5 Pages down, get through more later.

All teams
edit: this might be more stable if the other link goes down
Whoever chooses Torterra (me!) is up to some rough time against Barry. Mixape with xbelt is objectively superior to both Empoleon and Torterra sets, it'll hit like a truck with flare blitz + cc and seeing as how they are wisely invested in spe, spa and atk, itll surely outspeed your entire team, since i dont grind nor traing specific evs during the games, nor do i grind for natures, which means my mons will have random evs "evenly" distributed.

From a casual PoV, Wake has the greatest team of them all. It fails at 1 thing and that is having another mon with RD. Politoed isnt enough. Had they put just 1 more mon with rain dance, that team would be a nightmare to anyone who doesnt know shit about Pokémon, because the easiest way to defeat an unprepared trainer without heavely relying on proper AI is to bruteforce the win, and theres not a better example of bruteforce in mons than to use offense weather. Sash rainboosted adamant shellsmash huntail actually 6-0s almost any ingame team, specially if the player has no means of speed control, which is the case in 99.9% of the cases in casual play.

The fact that Ludicolo has substitute but lacks RD only means that itll self stall the rain. Teeter Dance is trash and they should have gone all the way in and put RD instead.

Maylene team looks good against ingame teams. I should have changed tech breloom for poison heal and put the legendary subs + spore + focus punch with that nasty 12.5% health back every turn, and no sleep clause, spamming spore to everything and then subs to annoy the player. The Pure Power CB Med is nasty x'DDD It for sure ohkos anything that gets hit neutral with hjk.

Fantina ... Toxic on Gengar was a mistake. They should've gone for tspikes on some other mon, I know Cofagrigus learns it but cofa isnt here so i dont even know if there are more options. LO Gengar with ts support and Hex would've been insane.

Candice needs a water type to aliviate the fire and steel weakness a bit, and seeing as how they love to put bright powder on random things in the battle tower, something i hate in all games specially in 3rd gen battle frontier, mamoswine should have bright powder + snow cloak. Either him or glaceon.

Byron is EQ The Movie. An Impish bulky SD scizor would've helped.

Yo, Lucas team is AIDS. OMG, that team is terryfing. Tinted Lens QD Mothim hits like a truck (seriously), that Milotic is a pain to deal with if unprepared, Gallade is difficult to OHKO and hit like 2 trucks, and Clefable itself can 6-0 a lot of teams if the AI plays acoordingly. Even the Torterra is fucking AIDS. This is my favourite team of all i've seen to this point. BTW, what is Lucas doing with that paraflinch dunsparce, loool that shit is ebola.

Last edited:
If anyone remembers those two Ace Trainers you could potentially double battle right before Veilstone City. I believe they're the first Ace Trainers we'll encounter in this game. One had a Glameow and Kadabra, the other a Monferno and Gyarados.

So that Gyarados appears to now know Waterfall:

1636533297304.png

On what I believe is a rainy route. Yeah.

Oh and the Kadabra upgraded from Confusion to Psybeam. Cuz why not:

1636533707405.png

RoiDadadou

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded.
is a Pre-Contributor
Okay so pardon me in advance, but why is there teams for Dawn/Lucas? Double Battle help, or new addition?

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Am I reading this right, does Ho-Oh not have Brave Bird?!

Man that's really odd, considering most of the other legendaries got their later sig moves like Mewtwo, Groudon, and Kyogre. I don't see Dragon Ascent on Rayquaza, but maybe there's an NPC that teaches Rayquaza that move as usual. I realize Brave Bird isn't a sig move on Ho-Oh, but its such a weird thing to leave out when Lugia gets Dragon Rush again!

Jesus christ, give the team who worked on the team movesets and EV/IV spreads a permanent contract renewal!

Some cool stuff to point out in general about the teams:
  • Cyrus's Super Luck Scope Lens Honchrow is dope;
  • Aaron's Sniper Scope Lens Drapion is cool;
  • Flint's Sheer Force Life Orb Steelix gives me BH vibes <3
  • Lucian's LO Zam is nice; On rematch the Light Clay screens Mr.Mime lead is nice;
  • All of Cynhtia's teams are amazing, reinforcing her crown as the absolute best champion;
  • I like to see that a lot of bosses rematches are doing weather strats;
  • It seems we fight Dawn/Lucas and they have cool teams;
  • Morimoto and his gang are back with crazy team too;
  • Some sets are for the memes, like that Scarfed Sunflora that only knows solarbeam;
  • Platinum teams are back in the rematches;
  • A lot of boss battles have immunity ability mons (like levitate, motor drive, water absorb, storm drain, magic bounce)

Only minor weird things to point out too:
  • Bertha should lead with Hippowdon, and have Sand Veil Gliscor instead of Hyper Cutter; No sand rush mon either.
  • Gardenia could abuse more the sun with more Chlorophyl mons (Venusaur or Belossom would be cool);
  • The Flame/Toxic orb mons could have protect to ensure their activation;
  • Fantina has Flare Boost Drifblim, Flint doesn't :smogthink:
  • It's great the multiple scaling rematches. I think the final E4 rematch should be lv 100, to pose a more challenging run for finished teams.
  • Quick Claw Crobat is the closest overkill like Air Balloon Rotom-F I saw in a while
    1636537768476.png
  • Alright, cool genwunner meme
    1636537058003.png
In short, even tho some EV/IV spreads are still awkward and questionable, I love to see that in-game bosses are starting to be competitive and using big brained strats and item-ablity combinations. The thing I'm most curious about is how the AI will play with these good teams (timing buff moves, unsing the immunity mons to predict moves etc). Because it would be a shame such cool comps with so bad random AI.
This seems to be the best game in terms of boss compositions. These teams are a good part of this game, and probably it's the major good point.
I wish the full party expShare was toggable and the affection was not tied to the walking mons feature. It would be a hell of a fun run doing this game with those options off!
Another solution I would propose is, if they would keep these 2 advantages, they could think of making the level of the trainers scale to your mid/highest mon on your team. So, no overlevelling. Or at least do a mode like this, like BW2 had the "Easy Mode" and "Challenge Mode".

And of course, we have the meme of the memes:
1636536909984.png

Last edited:
That's not even as bad as it could have been. Remember it could have had Snow Cloak.

As facility player, we're used to this sort of bullshit... :psynervous:
Snow Cloak would've been worse actually. Snow Cloak needs hail support which isn't the best thing in a 3v3 scenario (this Articuno is a nightmare on singles 3v3 battle tower format), whereas Pressure stalls you out of PP quicker without any previous support. This Articuno moveset is nasty too. Ice Beam spam is effective as an standalone move, and it'll freeze you for sure, because we all know how the hax is in the tower and other facilities. Bright Powder is broken and should be banned from the games and after a Double Team boost, if the game really wants to, you lose right there.

Despite its typing Articuno is bulky enough to withstand some flamethrowers are you are not hitting F-Blast, Stone Edge or Rock Slide on this one. Sure not. And your Scizor will be either frozen or sheer colded.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)