SPOILERS! Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Data Dumps

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I do have one more question above movepools: Does Gardevoir have access to Healing Wish in any way? Switching in Rampardos is gonna pain even with Trick Room so I think Healing Wish could be a good way to circumvent that

Late but

This is good news towards the "Home will allow 2 way transfers" crowd since obviously something like this would be kind of....worthless, if it wasn't there.

Since 1.1 added all those sprites, I presume this is something they'll polish and finish up by the time the home update hits.

Maybe Feint Attack wil lwork by then!
Holly I just realized that this means everything gets Hidden Power again in the smogon metagame

Late but

Holly I just realized that this means everything gets Hidden Power again in the smogon metagame
On one hand, Gliscor won't be nearly as oppressive if Hidden Power comes back

On the other, everything gets bullshit coverage now. I wouldn't be surprised if Volcarona becomes suspect worthy since HP Ground gets past Heatran

There is a great post by chlo about what Pokémon gained at the beginning of the thread, but I found little content about what we "lost" in terms of competitive elements. I took the learnsets masterpaste, a list of all the OU/UUBL/UU Pokémon with their most used moves in competitive and Ctrl+F'd as much as I could to see what was missing. That's a decent lot, but I suppose (hope) Home compatibility means that most of those will return in early 2022 as long as they are coded into the game (with in italic those who are not, from a sheet Anubis put together).

:alakazam: Trick
:azelf: Knock Off, Psyshock
:blaziken: Thunder Punch, Knock Off, High Jump Kick
:blissey: Teleport
:chansey: Teleport
:clefable: Soft-Boiled, Knock Off, Seismic Toss, Psyshock, Teleport
:crawdaunt: -
:dragonite: Dual Wingbeat, Scale Shot, Ice Punch
:garchomp: Fire Fang, Scale Shot
:gengar: Sludge Wave
:gyarados: Bounce, Power Whip
:heatran: Heavy Slam
:hippowdon: Toxic
:jirachi: Iron Head, Stored Power, Trick, Heart Stamp, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Aura Sphere
:latias: Trick, Mystical Fire, Future Sight, Psyshock, Aura Sphere
:latios: Trick, Mystical Fire, Future Sight, Psyshock, Aura Sphere
:mamoswine: Superpower, Knock Off, Endeavor
:moltres: Toxic, Mystical Fire, Overheat
:nidoking: Superpower
:pelipper: Weather Ball
:rhyperior: Toxic, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Heat Crash
:rotom-wash: & :rotom-heat: Defog, Pain Split, Toxic (could not find any information about Hydro Pump, Overheat and other form-exclusive coverage moves. They are not listed in the learnsets, but maybe that's just due to it learning them as it changes forms?)
:salamence: Dual Wingbeat, Hurricane
:scizor: Knock Off, Superpower, Bug Bite
:skarmory: Body Press
:slowbro: Psyshock, Toxic, Teleport
:slowking: Psyshock, Toxic, Teleport, Dragon Tail
:swampert: Flip Turn, Toxic, Ice Punch
:tangrowth: Toxic, Synthesis
:tentacruel: Toxic, Toxic Spikes
:tyranitar: Superpower, Toxic (Pursuit still dead :[)
:weavile: Knock Off, Triple Axel, Low Kick
:zapdos: Hurricane, Weather Ball, Heat Wave

Feel free to leave a message on my profile if I made any mistake or overlooked something relevant. That's my first time doing that kind of research and I spended the last two hours and half browsing through pieces of data, so it's likely there is room for improvement in that regard u.u. As a side note, a quick glance at the items image seems to show that a lot of held items post-4G are missing, like the Boots, the Eviolite, the Assault Vest, the Weakness Policy, the Air Balloon, the Rocky Helmet and a couple others, so even more changes in perspective. Cheers!
1637019194807.jpeg

I’m just gonna pray a lot of these return once Pokemon Home compatibility is established in 2022. I’m still excited to try stuff in the meta to come but god I’m gonna have to unlearn a lot of movesets and strategies.

One thing that's important to note is even though a lot of Pokemon are losing access to moves in BDSP for some reason, the main battling format is still going to be Pokemon Sword and Shield. Alakazam will still be able to use Psyshock in SwSh, so unless you're going to battle solely on BDSP (which I don't see as a good idea unless the Gens 1-4 Pokemon don't come to SwSh for some reason), it should still be fine. I can't imagine Alakazam is going to lose access to Trick and Psyshock in SwSh because it doesn't get it in BDSP

Man...you can really tell the player models were never meant to have a lot of expressions and animations huh.
"I lost :)"

I dunno if this has been pointed out yet anywhere but Combee is in the Grand Underground. This means you can just walk around until you see a female one and catch it right off the bat. If you've ever wanted to use Vespiquen in a Sinnoh playthrough, now's the time!
In the classic games, I believe that you can save in front of a Honey Tree, and when you soft reset, only the species is set, meaning that you can just keep resetting a Combee until it’s female. I have no idea if that works in these remakes though.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

What's this?? you dont even need a mon to beat this, i can kill it with a punch to the face
Is that after it leaps on you and slashes your face to ribbons?

This, this a monster that deserves knock off, hyper beam, black hole eclipse, earthquake, hydropump, fire blast, overgrowing thunder and ultra impact.

There's actually a reason why Psychic terrain isn't in the game. It has to do with TM's and learn set. A quick look shows that every single terrain has at least one Pokémon before gen 5 who learns it naturally with one exception. Psychic terrain. The first Pokémon to learn it by dex number is Musharna. Everything else before learns it by egg move or TM. None of the terrains have TM's, and they only had it as an egg move in USUM. It would have been impossible for any mon to naturally have that move unless you brought it in from outside. That's likely why it was cut and not any of the others.
... Just want to say, I completely believe you, which is why I'm mad.

THAT IS SO STUPID! REALLY GF? REALLY? Because the FIRST natural learner of Psychic Terrain isn't in the game, instead of just teaching one or two of the many other Psychic-types between Gen I & IV it, no gotta cut it out. Oh, yeah, let's just ignore you allowed the Abra family, Drowzee family, Slowpoke family, Mr. Mime family, Jynx, Mewtwo, Mew, Girafarig, Celebi, Gardevoir, Lunatone, Solrock, Baltoy family, and Bronzong to learn it via either TM or Egg Move so could just easily add it to one of their level-up sets.

THAT IS SO STUPID! REALLY GF? REALLY? Because the FIRST natural learner of Psychic Terrain isn't in the game, instead of just teaching one or two of the many other Psychic-types between Gen I & IV it, no gotta cut it out. Oh, yeah, let's just ignore you allowed the Abra family, Drowzee family, Slowpoke family, Mr. Mime family, Jynx, Mewtwo, Mew, Girafarig, Celebi, Gardevoir, Lunatone, Solrock, Baltoy family, and Bronzong to learn it via either TM or Egg Move so could just easily add it to one of their level-up sets.
It really was a strange way to go about it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the terrain itself is still programmed in these games and functions just fine if someone were to, say, hack Psychic Surge onto a Pokemon. I'm pretty sure Sword/Shield actually have every single ability ever used programmed into the PC's search function and many, if not all of them, are fully functional if hacked onto things.

On one hand, Gliscor won't be nearly as oppressive if Hidden Power comes back

On the other, everything gets bullshit coverage now. I wouldn't be surprised if Volcarona becomes suspect worthy since HP Ground gets past Heatran
Wait, what? Why are we talking about Volcarona? The moth isn't in BDSP, and Hidden Power isn't in SWSH. There should be no intersection.

This might not have any impact on competitive, but Altaria lost Dragon Dance over the same oversight that removed Fire Fang from Garchomp; due to the move being a TM/TR in SWSH and inevitably being removed from the base learnsets.

I'd like to see a list of all of the moves that fall under this category, and aren't lost due to lack of tutors or the move being removed. I'd hope they would fix this specific issue since they're moves that these mons always had. It's a bit ridiculous.

This might not have any impact on competitive, but Altaria lost Dragon Dance over the same oversight that removed Fire Fang from Garchomp; due to the move being a TM/TR in SWSH and inevitably being removed from the base learnsets.

I'd like to see a list of all of the moves that fall under this category, and aren't lost due to lack of tutors or the move being removed. I'd hope they would fix this specific issue since they're moves that these mons always had. It's a bit ridiculous.
And in Altaria's case, it is actually one of the handful pokémon that had its level-up learnset updated from SwSh, with Hurricane added as a level 1 move. So it is not even a case of a move being lost because of a strict copypaste from SwSh learnsets.

I'm pretty sure Sword/Shield actually have every single ability ever used programmed into the PC's search function and many, if not all of them, are fully functional if hacked onto things.
Not quite.

The abilities are present due to tables being consistent between games, but abilities for pokemon not present in the game have either not worked or worked but being extremely buggy. Some did get "fixed" with DLCs due to the pokemon with said abilities returning, others were not so lucky.
You can refer to the mechanic investigation thread for details.

What?!? Oh my god, Dragon Dance was part of Altaria's moveset since gen 3! I suppose next you're gonna tell me that Palkia doesn't get Hydro Pump anymore because it was a TR in SWSH!

What?!? Oh my god, Dragon Dance was part of Altaria's moveset since gen 3! I suppose next you're gonna tell me that Palkia doesn't get Hydro Pump anymore because it was a TR in SWSH!
Oh, please. Palkia didn't pick up Hydro Pump until HGSS. A real Sinnoh Palkia makes do with Surf or Brine. It just wouldn't be the same if-

...Fine. You're in luck. HPump Palkia is in.

Oh, please. Palkia didn't pick up Hydro Pump until HGSS. A real Sinnoh Palkia makes do with Surf or Brine. It just wouldn't be the same if-

...Fine. You're in luck. HPump Palkia is in.
This is what I meant earlier by "SWSH inconcsistently removing moves that became TM/TR"

On the whole most pokemon that learned it naturally got to keep it. But Altaria fell into the camp of "well it gets its by TM so it doesnt need it!" that Fire Fang Garchomp and Leaf Blade Gallade went

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)