Budgetmons! (Now playable on Joim's Lab!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Abra could be a good choice. It has base 105 special attack and base 90 speed at the cost of 310 BST.
BTW, I would like to share my team with you guys. :D

Zweilous---> Bulky rest talk with dragon tail and crunch
Alakazam----> Sash attacker with encore
Breloom---> Standard set but with muscle band and focus punch over swords dance
Pikachu---> Special attacker with fake out
Trapinch---> Somewhat decent trapper
Ditto------> Choice Scarf obviously lol

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I suppose I'll post my team (it's a work in progress).

Duosion @ Eviolite
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 2 Spd
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Trapinch @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Trick Room
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond

Banette @ Focus Sash
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Claw
- Sucker Punch
- Magic Coat

Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
Yeah, it's Trick Room. I've got a bit of an issue though - I really want to upgrade Duosion to Reuniclus. I have 50 BP remaining, meaning that if I demote Terrakion to a Mienshao I'll be able to pay the extra 120 BP for Reuniclus. Then, however, I lose my only Volcarona check. I could also completely drop a Pokemon - most likely Trapinch - but that presents its own issues. I'll be able to upgrade to Reuniclus with 170 BP to spare if I drop Trapinch, but then I'll have to figure out another use for that massive amount of BP.

Anyone have any ideas?

breh

強いだね
Swap Banette for Yamask? Night Shade / Trick Room / Magic Coat / filler (pain split maybe?)

NabboCheTesta

Gniubbo come sempre
Treaths list:
Azumarill: A strong and relatively cheap physical attacker
Medicham: A powerful and fast physical sweeper
Riolu: A cool abuser of Prankster, using Copycat to get priority Roar, and with an awful BST
Sableye: An efficient prankstermon, getting priority status and recover, and with little BST.
Smeargle: A fast all-purpose utility, capable of literally anything.
Hippopotas: A sturdy physical wall that gets useful trait in Sand Stream.
Ditto: A copy of the coolest 'mon in the opponent's team for 288 BST!
Ferroseed: A great mixed wall that costs 305 BSP and can set up many hazards
Vulpix: A cheap, altought horrible, pokemon for set up sun
Breloom: The bastard mushroom it is in OU.
Politoed: Altought expensive, it is a great thing that sets up rain, aiding Azumarill and Ferroseed to do their work.
Murkrow: Versatile pokemon, spacing from being a good attacker or a prankstermon.
Darumaka: Solid Choice Scarfer.
Drilbur: The economical way to abuse of Sand Rush, tought it is frail.
Pikachu: Great mixed attacker if you want a filler.
Butterfree: Decent Quiver Dance Sweeper, and cheap!
Purrloin: Ragequit now.
Clefable: Good CM tank with such an expansive movepool and with a great ability, becoming a wonderful status absorber; it is a little expensive tought.
Staraptor: A speedy and powerful sweeper and with two moves nearly perfect Cover.
Tyrogue: An useful filler if you want to weaken stuff or revenge kill frail sweepers with Fake Out + Mach Punch
Chansey: A nearly unbreakable wall, a little expensive tought.
Sandslash: Expensive Sand Rush sweeper.
Suggest me more!

Diglett is a decent weather trapper and very cheap. Cleffa works well on endeavor teams.

Laughable BST + Focus Sash Magic Guard is really hard to beat.

Free team for anyone who'd like to try this metagame out but is lazy.
Code:
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Serious Nature
- Transform

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Memento

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Toxic

Azumarill (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Aqua Tail
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

Haunter @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Disable
- Sludge Bomb

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 212 Def / 252 HP / 44 SDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Spikes
I just want to say that I'm pretty hooked. This metagame is a wonderful idea. I love playing this, and if you haven't, go ahead now. I have an okay team, but it's countered by weather in the end. I usually do 2 fillers/support, 2 cheap sweepers and 2 expensive-ish walls. It's a really great thing to do. Also, congrats on OMotM!

I just saw a team consisting of a ditto, a prankster liepard, and prankster purrloin, and a smeargle. The smeargle knew Dive, Shadow Force, Fly, and Dig. The Liepard and Purrloin used Assist, which would only pick a move the smeargle knew and leads me to believe the liepard and purrloin knew only assist. I couldn't see his entire plan, though, because he forfeited.

That was one interesting team.

I just saw a team consisting of a ditto, a prankster liepard, and prankster purrloin, and a smeargle. The smeargle knew Dive, Shadow Force, Fly, and Dig. The Liepard and Purrloin used Assist, which would only pick a move the smeargle knew and leads me to believe the liepard and purrloin knew only assist. I couldn't see his entire plan, though, because he forfeited.

That was one interesting team.
Yeah "DiveCatz" (named for obvious reasons) is a well-known trick. The cats will be holding Lagging Tails. This continually allows them to abuse Assist in the following way: Use Assist, it has priority so it always goes first (Lagging Tail is overridden). Assist selects a two-turn move, and on the second turn of the move, Lagging Tail causes the cat to move last. In this way, the cats remain invulnerable as long as they can use assist, as long as the opponent doesn't carry priority moves (to hit them before Assist), negative priority moves (to hit them after the second turn of Assist), sand, hail, Prankster or No Guard. Thing is though, even if you have none of these things, their damage output is so miserable you can usually PP stall them into submission if you have anything with a recovery move.

I reckon building an entire team around such tactics would work reasonably well, in fact i don't know if FLCL's recent NU RMT comes out in budget but even if it doesn't you can probably just use some pre-evolved members of the mons on his team and have a pretty decent chance of winning matches. The RMT is here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/a-cat-is-fine-too.3488669/

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yeah "DiveCatz" (named for obvious reasons) is a well-known trick. The cats will be holding Lagging Tails. This continually allows them to abuse Assist in the following way: Use Assist, it has priority so it always goes first (Lagging Tail is overridden). Assist selects a two-turn move, and on the second turn of the move, Lagging Tail causes the cat to move last. In this way, the cats remain invulnerable as long as they can use assist, as long as the opponent doesn't carry priority moves (to hit them before Assist), negative priority moves (to hit them after the second turn of Assist), sand, hail, Prankster or No Guard. Thing is though, even if you have none of these things, their damage output is so miserable you can usually PP stall them into submission if you have anything with a recovery move.

I reckon building an entire team around such tactics would work reasonably well, in fact i don't know if FLCL's recent NU RMT comes out in budget but even if it doesn't you can probably just use some pre-evolved members of the mons on his team and have a pretty decent chance of winning matches. The RMT is here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/a-cat-is-fine-too.3488669/
it was well known before "divecatz" as SPOOKY BOOGIE, using shadow force instead
it's way better and a spooky boogie team is actually good in budgetmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)