Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... I recently was attempting to make a 1v1 set with my old favorite, Dusclops. I used the exact same set I have used for at least a year, and suddenly today it no longer has compatibility.

Here is all the information I could gather. Seems like a Gen 3 egg could handle this set. So... what changed? Lobby chat told me to report it here.

Hey, I don't know if anyone has posted about this yet, but while playing VGC, I got paralysed on Turn 4 by Effect Spore despite the fact that I had Safeguard up. I don't know if this has been changed in gen 6 (nothing on Veekun), but Safeguard would have protected me in gen 5 (http://www.smogon.com/bw/abilities/effect_spore) and it's unlikely that it's changed.

For battle reference, here is the replay (http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-91513455) and it happens on Turn 4.

So... I recently was attempting to make a 1v1 set with my old favorite, Dusclops. I used the exact same set I have used for at least a year, and suddenly today it no longer has compatibility.

Here is all the information I could gather. Seems like a Gen 3 egg could handle this set. So... what changed? Lobby chat told me to report it here.
Seismic Toss is Gen 3... Frisk is hidden ability...

I fixed it recently which is why you got away with it for a year. :p

I did !data diancie in a chat and it broke. All the messages between the broadcast and me joining again got deleted. Also the users list says 'only guests'. Here's 2 screenshots of the normal chat and the broken chat http://imgur.com/E2d7UcN http://imgur.com/GbD9G2F .

ooook I just closed and re-opened showdown and its all fixed. THIS IS SO WEIRD it wasn't fixing itself earlier when I did that. Can someone please just explain to me what the hell just happened?

Again, you can tie. As far as I know, you can't tie at all ingame. There are certain conditions that dictate who wins in various "both die" scenarios.
That's not a bug

Beat up doesn't work the way that smogon (As well as bulbapedia) describe it to. They each describe it as the damage being based off of the user's attack stat and none of their team mates' after 4th gen, however it seems that pokemon showdown calculates it as using each of the participants' attack stats. This has been this way for a while and I think because of the low amount of people using beat up, it hasn't been a high priority fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if this has been mentioned but today i got a mlucario set with nasty plot, close combat, bullet punch, and extreme speed

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-92527998

Defog only removes screens from the opponent side of the field
Also text error when using defog, displays reflect wearing off twice.

Turn 16
Uxie, come back!
Go! Hydreigon!
The opposing Zapdos used Defog!
Hydreigon's evasiveness fell!
Your team's Reflect wore off!
Your team's Reflect wore off!
Your team's Light Screen wore off!
Your team's Light Screen wore off!
The opposing Zapdos restored HP using its Leftovers!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I encountered a strange glitch where Sleep Clause failed to activate; first was when my Landorus hit the Breloom with U-turn, causing the activation of Effect Spore, and the sporing of the Magnezone I sent out.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-92326239
Effect Spore is not effected by sleep clause. You hit it, therefore you sent yourself to sleep. Sleep Clause only applies to Pokemon being sent to sleep purposefully by the enemy. This applies to Rest as well (Rest will not fail if you already have a Pokemon that is asleep).

When trying to log in - this might be related to lag, but it says my password is incorrect. I did it without caps lock, and I know it's my password - but I don't know why it's acting like this. Is it because of the lag?

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When trying to log in - this might be related to lag, but it says my password is incorrect. I did it without caps lock, and I know it's my password - but I don't know why it's acting like this. Is it because of the lag?
Sometimes the login server is having issues - give it time and it will most likely resolve itself.

This is a possible bug, I'm not completely positive just because I dont know the evs of my opponents Charizard. What happened was, on the last turn of the game rain was up and it was my Ludicolo vs his Charizard (not mega evolved). He mega evolved into charizard y, changing the weather to sun, and my modest, swift swim Ludicolo (base 80 speed with 252evs) out sped his charizard. I was thinking that a bug let Ludicolo use swift swim that turn because the turn started with rain, even though it was sun by the time Ludicolo moved. I know it's highly possible that he didnt have many speed evs in his Charizard, but i think the issue is worth looking into.

Here is the replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-92917753

I just tested with a friend (me using 252 spe ludicolo in rain, and him with 252 spe charizard that activated sun). I'm not too sure, but I think it might be because turn order is decided before actions. This can be seen in dubs where even if you paralyze a pokemon, its turn order in relation to speed won't change until next turn. In singles, pokemon that mega evolve also don't get their new form's speed until the next turn either.

This is a possible bug, I'm not completely positive just because I dont know the evs of my opponents Charizard. What happened was, on the last turn of the game rain was up and it was my Ludicolo vs his Charizard (not mega evolved). He mega evolved into charizard y, changing the weather to sun, and my modest, swift swim Ludicolo (base 80 speed with 252evs) out sped his charizard. I was thinking that a bug let Ludicolo use swift swim that turn because the turn started with rain, even though it was sun by the time Ludicolo moved. I know it's highly possible that he didnt have many speed evs in his Charizard, but i think the issue is worth looking into.

Here is the replay:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-92917753
There is no bug here it's how the game works normally, turn order is always decided before the turn even starts. So basically what happens here is because Rain is up the game has determined Ludicolo will go first the second you move because Sun hasn't happened yet, so even if Drought/MEvo is the highest priority the only effect which would take immediate effect is stuff like Thunder accuracy, Water attack power etc. but turn order has already been set in stone before the Drought could activate.

It's also why being Mega Banette is complete utter suffering since the same move speed lag happens to it's Prankster. Plus the example with doubles and faster paralysis not taking effect till next turn already mentioned.

Zodiax

not this
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
Hi
I've been having problems with warn and mute with a user.
No matter how many times the user is warned/muted the link which was posted is still there and will not clear.
Is this a bug because I type the name out fully and it continues to go to an alt, even with warning the guest number it is still there.

Hi
I've been having problems with warn and mute with a user.
No matter how many times the user is warned/muted the link which was posted is still there and will not clear.
Is this a bug because I type the name out fully and it continues to go to an alt, even with warning the guest number it is still there.
The link breaks on warns and mutes go to the exact name. This means if you warn them on an alt, the main link would not be broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)