Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
some folders are bugged, my Gen3 Ubers folder only shows up if i click gen2 ubers - it's invisible otherwise and it's not possible to delete it/add a new one in its place, kinda annoying

I've clicked on Gen2 OU, Gen3 Ubers folder is invisible

Lo and behold, after clicking on gen2 ubers folder, dreaded Gen3 Ubers magically shows up. If i click it, it disappears again.. It's not empty, I do have Gen3 Ubers teams.

ok so i had to reply to this comment cuz there's no "post" button but anyway the bug is i saved a replay and watched it a little while ago and it was the wrong one! it wasn't even the same user! and i'm sure i was on the same replay i wanted to share!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-305893997

bug: if a pokémon uses Beat Up on showdown in a doubles battle and has a status condition like poison or paralyze, beat up will not get the hit from the attacking pokémon itself, but only of its team partners who don't have a status condition. in game this is different: beat up always get the hit from its user even if it has a status condition. those only affect hits from team partners.
interestingly, this bug only appears on showdown, if the attacking pokémon is on the right side from its trainer's view. if it is on the left, it will get its own attack even though it has a status condition, so the bug does not appear in this case:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-305894348

Hey! I'm having issues using Showdown at all, because of a seemingly new bug. I'm on a Macbook Pro Retina 15".

There's something wrong with the teambuilder, sometimes it wont save my teams properly, and revert back to an older version of my team. This behaviour is consistent, it seems like it has saved an old state of my teams, which will be reloaded whenever I open showdown again, even if I changed the teams in my last session.

I have a backup of how my team is supposed to be in text format, which I just imported in teambuilder, but now the "List"-button doesn't work at all, so I can't go back and watch my teams. Screenshot shown below. This is how my team is supposed to look like, with Jumpluff and Giratina-O (and low kick on Medicham, forgot to add that it seems).

Here is the team that is presented to me when I want to find a ladder match, no jumpluff or Giratina-O: this is an old version of my team. Please fix this bug!

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm experiencing these on the downloadable showdown on windows.

For quite a while now the teambuilder has been randomly redistributing my EVs around when I close and reopen showdown. In some cases it will remove EVs from stats completely, giving me incomplete spreads, sometimes it will move EVs into other stats (SpA into Atk while remaining Modest for example), and sometimes it swaps stats around (48 Atk / 208 SpA on Mega Diancie for example). It's very hard to notice when this happens as I usually won't notice until I'm already taking more / doing less damage than I should be, occurence seems to be completely random but it's an ongoing issue.

Since the folders update, opening up a team to view / edit sets leaves me unable to click the back to list button shown below or edit moves / stats, and I need to close the teambuilder completely, and reopen it every time I go into another team to copy a set.

It also removes any folders I've created whenever I close and reopen showdown.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I will report it to make sure.
This is the replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-306352963

It happened in the Turn 2.
The opponent used a prankster Encore in my Psyshock, but since my Heliolisk used Round, my Mega Gardevoir was able to use the double Round.
It should have used Psyshock instead, no?
I don't know if my explanation is confusing, if it is, sorry =x

Even though the guy was really pissed, I didn't forfeited because it was not my fault, and there was no guarantee that my Psyshock would not kill anyway.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Last edited:
I'm unable to scroll through the battle format list while on mobile. I have an iPhone 5 and am running iOS 9.2. I've tested with Chrome and Safari, and no dice on both.

If you repeatedly click a move and cancel, the following message appears: Your message was not sent because you've been typing too quickly.

Yo, I was told to post here, there's a bug where you can both reconnect in a battle, and as long as neither of you click the "join battle" button, it'll draw in 15 minutes, preventing loss of points. Personally, I've seen this used in stupidly long battles, and feel it gives players aware of it an unfair advantage and ability to pick and choose their battles

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
There are some issues with the Illusion ability on PS!.

• Noivern has 5 moves appearing.
  • Noivern has Nasty Plot appearing, though it can't have Nasty Plot legally.
  • It says that Noivern has consumed its Focus Sash, though it is at 13% and it is already said that it's lost some of its HP from the Life Orb.
These are all causes of Zoroark being in the battle. It set up Nasty Plot turn one and eventually got brought down to its Focus Sash, thus both the move and item appearing for Noivern; the mon he disguised it as. Interesting thing is the Extrasensory it used did not transfer over to Noivern, because Zoroark's Illusion was broken before it used Extrasensory. Unfortunately I didn't save the replay, because I forgot overtime.

Haha I was literally just about to bring this up!
Anyway somewhat related to that is how the simulator treats ditto/imposter/transform. It's not exactly a bug, but once a ditto (or Smeargle) has transformed into an opponent's Pokemon, it would make sense for all of that Pokemon's moves to show up from that point on, as they are now "known."

• Noivern has 5 moves appearing.
  • Noivern has Nasty Plot appearing, though it can't have Nasty Plot legally.
  • It says that Noivern has consumed its Focus Sash, though it is at 13% and it is already said that it's lost some of its HP from the Life Orb.
These are all causes of Zoroark being in the battle. It set up Nasty Plot turn one and eventually got brought down to its Focus Sash, thus both the move and item appearing for Noivern; the mon he disguised it as. Interesting thing is the Extrasensory it used did not transfer over to Noivern, because Zoroark's Illusion was broken before it used Extrasensory. Unfortunately I didn't save the replay, because I forgot overtime.
Without prior knowledge of what Pokemon can learn what moves, it becomes completely impossible to discern which moves belong to Zoro and which moves belong to the other Pokemon. Bonus points if both can learn the move, or it's a hack format where Pokemon get a larger move pool. Don't trust the tracker alone if an illusion is involved, there is no easy way to separate the info once it comes up.

Encountered bug concerning Drought and Cloud Nine while playing random battle. Using game installed on windows.
The opponent sent in ninetales, then I switched in Golduck.
The message "The effects of weather were cancelled" was displayed.
The animation for sun continued, and so did the countdown for sun to finish.
The opponent switched ninetales out, then switched ninetales back in.
The sun count did not reset, and ninetales' drought message was not displayed.
Even though the animation and count continued, I do not believe the sun effects stayed active because scald did a considerable amount of damage.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-307621555

Encountered bug concerning Drought and Cloud Nine while playing random battle. Using game installed on windows.
The opponent sent in ninetales, then I switched in Golduck.
The message "The effects of weather were cancelled" was displayed.
The animation for sun continued, and so did the countdown for sun to finish.
The opponent switched ninetales out, then switched ninetales back in.
The sun count did not reset, and ninetales' drought message was not displayed.
Even though the animation and count continued, I do not believe the sun effects stayed active because scald did a considerable amount of damage.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-307621555
This is how it's supposed to work. Cloud Nine negates the effects of weather while the Pokémon with it is out, not stops the weather entirely.

I encountered a bug with magic room.

While looking for ways to stop Xerneas in VGC 2016 I was trying out magic room. To my surprise it was stopping primal evos on showdown as well. It doesn't seem to de-evolve primals but it will make them not evolve on switch in. I can confirm that ending magic room will not make the pokemon primal evolve on showdown either as the primal evo triggers on the switch in, though I do not have any replays of this second scenario.

See turn 5 of this battle http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-307548954 for not triggering primal evo while switching in.

I tested it out on the cart switching my kyogre holding a blue orb in under magic room and it primal evolved just fine.

I encountered a bug with magic room.

While looking for ways to stop Xerneas in VGC 2016 I was trying out magic room. To my surprise it was stopping primal evos on showdown as well. It doesn't seem to de-evolve primals but it will make them not evolve on switch in. I can confirm that ending magic room will not make the pokemon primal evolve on showdown either as the primal evo triggers on the switch in, though I do not have any replays of this second scenario.

See turn 5 of this battle http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-307548954 for not triggering primal evo while switching in.

I tested it out on the cart switching my kyogre holding a blue orb in under magic room and it primal evolved just fine.
Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)