Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

It happened in ladder before so I asked my good friend CBTerrakion to help me test. For some reason, Imposter can't copy Intimidate in PS. I tested it in-game and it worked against a Sandile.

Scotti

we back.
Turn 39
Tha4thwonder withdrew Starmie!

Tha4thwonder sent out Tyranitar!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Tyranitar!

The foe's Tyranitar fainted!
The foe's Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

Maelstrom used Thunder!
But there was no target...
The sandstorm rages.

Maelstrom is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Maelstrom restored HP using its Leftovers!
Maelstrom was hurt by its burn!

Turn 39: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-43069372

Is this a bug or what, since this is the first time this has happened to me?

tehy

Banned deucer.
Bug report here

In PS, on chrome, if you backspace a password entering all the way, PS freezes. Not sure why, but it acts this way both in registering and in logging in.

There's a weird bug that has the lobby mods stumped as well as everyone else I know.

Munchlax is able to learn both Pursuit and Selfdestruct together on the same move-set. That's not a problem and has been tested that it works.

But Snorlax can't. Couldn't you just evolve the Munchlax into a Snorlax and it'll keep both moves? This doesn't make sense at all.

Nobody has been able to explain why that isn't an option so the only possible solution is that it's a bug.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Edit: I am an idiot; you are right, Sand Stream should not have activated.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
How is that a bug? Nothing happened there that shouldn't happen. If you where wondering why it says "But there was no target", it's because there literally was no target...
Sand Stream shouldn't have activated - that's the issue.
Why does it say "fat" whenever someone quotes somebody?
That isn't really an appropriate thing to ask about in the PS bug reports thread, but it's nothing more than a running joke and you shouldn't feel offended by it.

Bug report here

In PS, on chrome, if you backspace a password entering all the way, PS freezes. Not sure why, but it acts this way both in registering and in logging in.
This is a known (and super bothersome for me >_>) bug, and as far as I know, we're not sure of the cause of it at this time.

"Your team was rejected for the following reasons:

- Smear dat (Smeargle) must have a Jolly nature because it comes from a specific event.
- Smear dat (Smeargle) must have technician because it comes from a specific event."

Is it not true that when caught normally, Smeargle can learn any move via sketch?

not really a bug, more of a mistake of some kind:

i'm 120% sure that snover is not banned

Edit: joimman fixed it!

Last edited:
I don't know if this one was brought up or fixed, but theres a bug with Smeargle. After the VGC '13 Smeargle giveaway came out you can only use spore with Technician on PS, but you should be able to use anymove with any ability Smeargle learns (other than moody, of course). It isn't really a big deal but with Own Tempo being the better ability for Smeargle, it would be nice to have that fixed.

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hopkinc1 said:
I don't know if this one was brought up or fixed, but theres a bug with Smeargle. After the VGC '13 Smeargle giveaway came out you can only use spore with Technician on PS, but you should be able to use anymove with any ability Smeargle learns (other than moody, of course). It isn't really a big deal but with Own Tempo being the better ability for Smeargle, it would be nice to have that fixed.
I just tested using Smeargle in a UU battle, and it had Own Tempo + Spore (and Explosion). So maybe there would be another move that restricts Smeargle to Technician? (I wouldn't have the slightest clue why, but idk)

Did you try to put a Smeargle with Own Tempo + Spore in the Teambuilder then try to use it in on the ladder? That's exactly what I did and it was fine on my end, so idk why it wouldn't work for you Hopkinc1.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Opponent's Tyrannitar KO's both of my Pokemon,
but when I select my Pokemon, my Jynx was strangely still standing on the ground.
She stayed there till the end of battle behind my active Pokemons.

* Sandstorm was up.
* Opponent does NOT see the same image.

creepy glitch 2013 08 25 SmogonDB.jpg
creepy glitch 2013 08 25 SmogonDB -2.jpg

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Sometimes similar things happen when using the button to skip animations, I don't know if it's your case
No.
Just Tyrannitar KO's both of my Pokemon, and then when I select new Pokemon, Jynx suddenly reappears and stayed there till the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)