Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Google Chrome, when I play for extended periods of time, the site stops working completely properly. Backgrounds will darken at the end of each turn, and will stay that way until a sprite moves over that area. The colored sprites for moves like Draco Meteor and Fusion Bolt have higher color saturation than normal, and are greatly enlarged. The buttons for Search, Watch a battle, Teambuilder, Ladder, and Credits, as well as the tabs for Home, Teambuilder, and battle rooms will lose their background color, and eventually stop working. This has caused me to lose 1 battle due to inactivity, when I couldn't switch back to the battle room from the Teambuilder. Refreshing the page takes a abnormally long time, and will often result in a failure to connect to the server, or the same issues persisting. However, opening PS in a new tab seems to fix all problems. I have no idea why that might work when refreshing doesn't, but that seems to be what's happening.

I will be able to provide screen shots the next time this problem occurs.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In Google Chrome, when I play for extended periods of time, the site stops working completely properly. Backgrounds will darken at the end of each turn, and will stay that way until a sprite moves over that area. The colored sprites for moves like Draco Meteor and Fusion Bolt have higher color saturation than normal, and are greatly enlarged. The buttons for Search, Watch a battle, Teambuilder, Ladder, and Credits, as well as the tabs for Home, Teambuilder, and battle rooms will lose their background color, and eventually stop working. This has caused me to lose 1 battle due to inactivity, when I couldn't switch back to the battle room from the Teambuilder. Refreshing the page takes a abnormally long time, and will often result in a failure to connect to the server, or the same issues persisting. However, opening PS in a new tab seems to fix all problems. I have no idea why that might work when refreshing doesn't, but that seems to be what's happening.

I will be able to provide screen shots the next time this problem occurs.
The next time you post about this problem, could you also try shift-refreshing (hitting Ctrl-Shift-R instead of Ctrl-R) and see if that solves the problem? Often it is the site cache that causes issues, and Ctrl-Shift-R usually fixes that.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
im not sure if this is a bug but when i got necturna (CAP) in a ranbat, all its moves it can only get from sketch when it only gets one sketch move

Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 12.11.24.png

Ok so my classic CurseLax with Thick Fat just took 63.40% by Overheat from a Chandelure...Flash Fire wasn't even activated.
On turn 6 http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uususpecttest-50413904

And I'm 95% positive that it HAD thick fat, here is my Snorlax :

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SDef
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Curse

Right after that, I went to teambuilder to make sure It had Thick Fat. It had. And I didn't change anything since then so it's like it was during the battle. Its the second time it happened, during another battle before this one I also took around 55% to a Fire Blast from another Specs Chandelure. I don't have any replay because only after the battle had ended I realized something was wrong...

Edit : And it looks like I'm not the only one

I am not sure if this is a bug because I have not tested it in a Pokemon cartridge game, but when a Pokemon with magic bounce, a choice item, and whirlwind switches into a Pokemon using whirlwind, and the whirlwind is reflected, the magic bounce Pokemon becomes locked into whirlwind by its choice item.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Last edited:
I've found a minor glitch that I noticed whilst I was watching an ubers battle earlier.

It appears that, if Shadow Force does not hit an opponent [they die to rocks on entry, for example], the Pokemon will continue to appear translucent, despite the attack being finished. This could also be due to typing, I suppose, as the switch-in was a Porygon2, though it went down before the attack was even used.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-50807364
Turn 10. I don't believe skipping directly to it retains the glitch, due to the visual effect of Shadow Force not being loaded if you skip the turn it was initiated, though skipping to turn nine should be okay. It seems to be fixed if the Pokemon lands another Shadow Force, though I'm unsure if it'll correct itself when it lands a different move.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
It appears that, if Shadow Force does not hit an opponent [they die to rocks on entry, for example], the Pokemon will continue to appear translucent, despite the attack being finished.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-50807364
This happened on the sim because the second part of the attack not going through, causing the second part of the animation (reappear and hit something) to not be cued to happen. Basically, you're locked in the first phase of animation. You can pull off a similar glitch with Dig/Fly/etc.

Unburden doesn't visually activate in randbats and unrated randbats. The speed boost is there, but it doesn't have the boost indicator and is not recorded in the log. (I checked the known bugs in the op but this wasn't there, I'm sorry if this is known already).

Sceptile used Leaf Storm!
The Grass Gem strengthened Leaf Storm's power!
The foe's Garchomp lost 84% of its health!
Sceptile's Special Attack harshly fell!

The foe's Garchomp used Fire Fang!
It's super effective! Sceptile lost 44% of its health!

I'm receiving the following message after the No SR OU tier was introduced,
"Your IP is on our abuse list and is permanently banned. If you are using a proxy, stop."

But I do not use a proxy server... However, I do use a shared IP.

There was a lag and I reloaded the page. Then I clicked the "Join" button to rejoin the battle. I selected my move and the "Waiting for the opponent ..." message appeared. During this, the message "Your message was not sent because you've been typing too quickly." came up in an endless loop. Then I suddently lost due to inactivity. Note that the 20 second message, the 10 second message and the "Player lost due to inactivity" message appeared at the same time.

screenshot.png

Replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ounostealthrock-51388038

Haunted_X left.
Battle timer is now ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up. (requested by meek over cassidy)
You have 60 seconds to make your decision.
Player 1 has 40 seconds left.
Player 1 has 30 seconds left.
Player 1 has 20 seconds left.
Player 1 has 10 seconds left.

meek over cassidy forfeited.
Haunted_X won the battle!
Ladder updating...
Haunted_X's rating: 1419 → 1447

(+28 for winning)
meek over cassidy's rating: 1602 → 1576

(-26 for losing)

As you can see, I am meek over cassidy and I clicked "claim victory" and 60 seconds later I lost.

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Haunted_X left.
Battle timer is now ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up. (requested by meek over cassidy)
You have 60 seconds to make your decision.
Player 1 has 40 seconds left.
Player 1 has 30 seconds left.
Player 1 has 20 seconds left.
Player 1 has 10 seconds left.

meek over cassidy forfeited.
Haunted_X won the battle!
Ladder updating...
Haunted_X's rating: 1419 → 1447

(+28 for winning)
meek over cassidy's rating: 1602 → 1576

(-26 for losing)

As you can see, I am meek over cassidy and I clicked "claim victory" and 60 seconds later I lost.
I don't see a replay of it in the archives- Hence, this is guesswork. If something like this happens again, save the replay so we can see if anything led up to it.

However, what I think happened is that you used a move like U-turn in the sense that you attack then have to do something else (in U-turn's case, pick a pokemon to come in). Like a lot of people, you didn't notice that you had to, and the battle stopped, and you thought your opponent was stalling or whatever. So once you hit the timer and waited, you lost instead of your opponent, since you were the one who wasn't ready.
It's an honest mistake, and one a lot players have made before.
Hopefully I helped!

I don't see a replay of it in the archives- Hence, this is guesswork. If something like this happens again, save the replay so we can see if anything led up to it.

However, what I think happened is that you used a move like U-turn in the sense that you attack then have to do something else (in U-turn's case, pick a pokemon to come in). Like a lot of people, you didn't notice that you had to, and the battle stopped, and you thought your opponent was stalling or whatever. So once you hit the timer and waited, you lost instead of your opponent, since you were the one who wasn't ready.
It's an honest mistake, and one a lot players have made before.
Hopefully I helped!
My opponent had left the battle and the only button I could possibly press was "claim victory". Every other button disappears. I will at least save a replay next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)