Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalkTakesTime

as shallow as a plate of cereal
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think this is likely a incorrect move implementation in Doubles on Showdown someone brought to my attention, could someone else re-affirm if it actually does behave like this on Showdown? I definitely know it doesn't work like this in game.

Affected Move:
Heal Pulse

Observed Effect:
On Showdown when you use Heal Pulse and target your partner in doubles. In the case where your partner is fainted by the opponent before you can successfully heal them it'll randomly re-target and heal one of your opponents Pokemon

Correct Effect:
The correct in game behaviour is that when Heal Pulses original intended target is no longer present having been defeated within that turn the move should simply give a "But it failed." message, it should not automatically re-select a new target.
This has been fixed and should be live next restart.

I don't know if this counts as a bug, but Entei's Sacred Fire misses more than it should.

In the average of 5 battles that it was used, it managed a staggering 60% accuracy (only hitting 9 out of 15 times), even going as far as missing 2 out of the 3 times that it was used in one match.

It normally shouldn't be a problem if its a move like Stone Edge, but 95 accuracy going down to 60 is a bit too much.
That is an incredibly small sample size, and so it cannot be taken as an accurate representation of the true accuracy of Sacred Fire. Sacred Fire is currently implemented on PS with 95% accuracy, which is correct.

EDIT:
Actually gonna hold off on this report a bit longer, it's come to my attention there might be another odd priority quirk I've missed which might have altered the results.

Last edited:
Move: Ion Deluge
Tier: Smogon Doubles

After using Ion Deluge on the first turn, I have my second pokemon strike the user in attempt to use the normal=electric mechanics. However, the move (Tail Slap) acted as a normal type move, unaffected by the use of Ion Deluge. This is my first time reporting a bug so I hope this is enough :p

So from what I've heard, Rotom-W is forced to have Hydro Pump, correct? Well, apparently I have made a Rotom-W without it and it was considered legal. For References sake, here's the set I made:

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Def
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Protect/Pain Split (switch every now and again)

Yeah...could somebody else look into this so I don't feel crazy?

This has been fixed and should be live next restart.

That is an incredibly small sample size, and so it cannot be taken as an accurate representation of the true accuracy of Sacred Fire. Sacred Fire is currently implemented on PS with 95% accuracy, which is correct.
What would a relevant sample size be like?

So from what I've heard, Rotom-W is forced to have Hydro Pump, correct? Well, apparently I have made a Rotom-W without it and it was considered legal. For References sake, here's the set I made:

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Def
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Protect/Pain Split (switch every now and again)

Yeah...could somebody else look into this so I don't feel crazy?
It's not forced to learn it. It has the chance to when it enters a washing machine but by no means is it mandatory.

Sacred fire is broken on entei. To test it, i have used it 30 times. It has missed 6 and burned 4. At that burn rate, that could not possibly be right. Admittedly, i have not played in a week, but i did go through and test it last week. It is frustrating.

breh

強いだね
Sacred fire is broken on entei. To test it, i have used it 30 times. It has missed 6 and burned 4. At that burn rate, that could not possibly be right. Admittedly, i have not played in a week, but i did go through and test it last week. It is frustrating.
I tested it and I got less crazy results with an equally small number of trials (28 turns, sacred fire missed in 2 and burned 9 times in 25 possible turns it could have).

The misses pretty clearly aren't statistically significant. Using the little stats knowledge I have left, afaik, the probability of getting 9 burns or less in 25 turns is about 11.5% in total (sum of 25 choose x from 0 to 9, all divided by 2^25). I don't think this is statistically significant either, but if anybody wants to tell me otherwise I'd be willing to listen.

What would a relevant sample size be like?
In the case of burn chance, 100 trials is probably more than enough (50% is the biggest percentage of an event you can have). In the case of accuracy, the more, the better. 5% is a tiny fraction; 300 would probably be enough if you really want to.

In any case, I don't think Sacred Fire is broken; I think you two are either just unlucky (believe me, in every generation, people are willing to believe that sim hax is incorrectly implemented) or are counting turns it couldn't burn (KOes, attacks on statused pokemon, etc.).

I tested it and I got less crazy results with an equally small number of trials (28 turns, sacred fire missed in 2 and burned 9 times in 25 possible turns it could have).

The misses pretty clearly aren't statistically significant. Using the little stats knowledge I have left, afaik, the probability of getting 9 burns or less in 25 turns is about 11.5% in total (sum of 25 choose x from 0 to 9, all divided by 2^25). I don't think this is statistically significant either, but if anybody wants to tell me otherwise I'd be willing to listen.

In the case of burn chance, 100 trials is probably more than enough (50% is the biggest percentage of an event you can have). In the case of accuracy, the more, the better. 5% is a tiny fraction; 300 would probably be enough if you really want to.

In any case, I don't think Sacred Fire is broken; I think you two are either just unlucky (believe me, in every generation, people are willing to believe that sim hax is incorrectly implemented) or are counting turns it couldn't burn (KOes, attacks on statused pokemon, etc.).
I guess it was just me. Although I will still continue to take data in as much as i can.

IMPOSTER DITTO COPIED THE WRONG HIDDEN POWER TYPE
Here the replay:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-82803859

My Gengar's set had hidden power fire (as I could read), Ditto used that hidden power on my Gengar which happened to be super effective. To see what was wrong I immediately switched into Lucario, and the hidden power that was supposed to be fire was not very effective.
To prove my Gengar's hidden power was fire and not ghost, I hit with it to Jellicent, and it was not very effective.

I won my first 2 OU Suspect Battles, on an otherwise empty account, but my ranking only shows a W/L of 1/0.

The replays are here and here. After an hour, I played a random battle which was recorded, but my OU Suspect still didn't update. I'm not going to play any suspect tests for the rest of the day so that anyone here can verify this. Is there anything that can be done about this?

EDIT: 4 days later, I still haven't played any ou suspects. Here's a screenshot of my ranking...

Last edited:

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If a player is force renamed while they are searching for a battle (and hence forced into a Guest account), it is possible for them to join a battle as a guest. I tried replicating it with another member of staff and it was possible.

Replay example.

In a UU singles battle just now, I used Destiny Bond a few turns after the opposition used Future Sight, Future Sight activated, KOing my Froslass, and taking his Chansey, who was out at the time, with her. However, this also KOed his Slowbro, who cast future sight and left him unable to choose an action. Replay here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-84216806
EDIT: We tried replicating it, and it worked again, not just a one time occurrence. Replay here: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-84219244
EDIT #2: We tried it again with different Mons, and once again, it worked. Destiny Bond KOed the caster of FS and the Mon that was out at the time, and left him unable to choose an action. Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-84222534

Last edited:
Hi,

I looked at the list of bugs, and I'm pretty sure that this doesn't fall under one of them.

The plus and minus abilities don't work at all during double battles.

Bugged move: Helping hand
Tier: Smogon Doubles

I only had one pokemon left on the field and the only move possible to use was helping hand. I selected helping hand it it asked to pick a pokemon to use it on but there is no other pokemon. I believe in this situation he should struggle but I simply could not move and had to forfit.

here is the link: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-smogondoubles-84377339

EDIT: woops accidentally gave the play link, here is the replay link: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-84377339

Last edited:
what okay i was not aware rage powder and grass types interacted that way
(i was aware of the spore/grass type thing, im the person with the celebi and thundurus)

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Bug with Defog?

Based on research Lynkerlicious and myself did here and here, there seems to be an error with Defog. While I was stupid and made myself unable to save replays (no attacking moves, not waiting out until Struggle) I took a screencap of a battle I had with myself: http://imgur.com/nAxtZm1

This seems in contrast of the battle video Lynker posted, where Defog only affected the screens on the Defogee (couldn't think of a better word for it) and not the Defog user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)