Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With help from user: Jk Howling we recently discovered a bug regarding Sticky Hold, Knock Off, and Sticky Barb.The reason I'm posting is because the in-game effect of the combination differs to that of the Pokemon Showdown server effect. This was tested in game with a lvl 50 Trubbish with Sticky Hold and Sticky Barb, and a lvl 50 Mienfoo that used Knock Off / Low Kick / Feint to manipulate the Sticky Barb.

What happens on the server:
Turn 1:
Trubbish is holding the Sticky Barb and has Sticky Hold.
Mienfoo uses Knock Off. The Sticky Hold message comes up twice saying that items cannot be removed because of Sticky Hold.
Trubbish takes damage from Sticky Barb.
What happens in game:

Turn 1:
Trubbish is holding the Sticky Barb and has Sticky Hold.
Mienfoo uses Knock Off. No message comes up.
Mienfoo now has Sticky Barb and takes damage.

As you can see, the possession of the Sticky Barb differs between platforms, and while the Mienfoo should have it in the end, the Trubbish holds it at the end of PS. For this bug to be fixed, the Pokemon using Knock Off on the Sticky Hold user should lose the Sticky Barb to the attacker.

Evidence of this occuring:
Server Version: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-350966000
3DS Version under the same circumstances: GKYW-WWWW-WW3Q-TE7U

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Belch Mechanics on PS are inconsistent to how they work in-game.

On PS: If you eat a berry with no in-battle effect through Bug Bite or Fling (for example: Razz Berry), it lets the Pokemon use Belch.

In-game: If you eat a berry with no in-battle effect through Bug Bite of Fling (for example: Razz Berry), it does not let the Pokemon use belch. When eating the berry with Bug Bite or Fling, it has to activate the berry eating animation for the Pokemon to be able to use belch, which doesn't happen with items that have no in-battle effect.

Credits to PS users: Wite-Shrine and Mega Eevee X for helping me with testing this.

Edit: After further testing, it turns out that it doesn't have to activate the berry eating animation, it just has to eat a berry that has an effect. Like eating a Rawst Berry through Fling or Bug Bite lets the user use Belch, even though the Pokemon is not burned and it doesn't activate the berry eating animation.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
K, so I know this is prolly a one time thing, but I wanted to report it anyways. http://prntscr.com/al9vrr So, as you can see, someone jokingly did !dt Macaroni tho, and this weird glitch happened. Multiple people reacted to it, so it wasn't just me. Anyways, like I said, it prolly doesn't need fixing, as it only happened once.

K, so I know this is prolly a one time thing, but I wanted to report it anyways. http://prntscr.com/al9vrr So, as you can see, someone jokingly did !dt Macaroni tho, and this weird glitch happened. Multiple people reacted to it, so it wasn't just me. Anyways, like I said, it prolly doesn't need fixing, as it only happened once.
that's just epic zalgo shitposting, ps has a filter that prevents it from showing it in chat, but not on red error text

My friend and I may have stumbled on a potential glitch involving normalize and hidden power.

Basically, after giving a politoed normalize in a double battle via switching abillities between a gengar and a delcatty a handful of turns before, the politoed managed to deal super effective damage to haunter and gengar with hidden power. The politoed did not switch out at all, and the other moves were turned to normal as expected, so the ability wasn't removed at all.

This makes me curious if there are similar glitches involving immunities and type changing moves... hrm...

Illusio

Bold and Brash
My friend and I may have stumbled on a potential glitch involving normalize and hidden power.

Basically, after giving a politoed normalize in a double battle via switching abillities between a gengar and a delcatty a handful of turns before, the politoed managed to deal super effective damage to haunter and gengar with hidden power. The politoed did not switch out at all, and the other moves were turned to normal as expected, so the ability wasn't removed at all.

This makes me curious if there are similar glitches involving immunities and type changing moves... hrm...
From Bulbapedia - "Hidden Power, Weather Ball, Natural Gift, Judgment, and Techno Blast are not affected by Normalize." Not a bug but instead a feature.

Tailwind doesn't factor into the stat recalculation part of the hover information
I would assume this is because it is a field affect, and not something about the Pokemon. Similarly, I'd imagine that screens don't show up either. The reason being that they aren't something about your Pokemon, and if your mon faints they will continue to affect the next one.

If someone who coded it know better feel free to correct me, but I'd imagine that this is intended.

after looking for a while i'm not sure if this thread englobes replays bugs too but i hope it does

for some reason and for a while now, replays been getting broken, like they get uploaded but with nothing

i've noticed an increasingly number of times this bug's happening, so its a question of time an important match get lost by that

idk have example beacuse i'm on phone, but could post them later if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)