Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1034093283 Dragon Darts did not retarget both hits into Rotom-H when Tyranitar Max Guarded, just tested this interaction in game to confirm and both hits should go into the partner when one target protects itself, whether it be regular Protect or Max Guard.

Addendum: examples of the mechanic working correctly with Protect and Detect https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1034105088 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1034106452

Last edited:
I recently played against a mimikyu. I taunted it and it was still able to Maxguard after dynamaxing, this is not how taunt works on gamecart. Unless mimikyu gets special privilege this is most definitely a bug

It used to be that choice items would lock a pokemon into struggle after dinamax even if it hadn't used any non-dynamax moves, however recently choiced pokemon who dynamax on their first move are allowed to choose a move after dynamax is over. However, in the match of which I am attaching the replay, none of the above happened, on my last gigantamax turn of my choice band sandaconda who activated it as soon as he touched the field, I used a glare based max guard, after which he got locked into glare. Please fix this bug and revert it to whichever of the aforementioned states that is correct.

P.S. it says the replays are not in the correct format for some reason so I have taken screenshots to prove it instead.
Screenshot_20191223-221320.png
Screenshot_20191223-221333.png

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
It used to be that choice items would lock a pokemon into struggle after dinamax even if it hadn't used any non-dynamax moves, however recently choiced pokemon who dynamax on their first move are allowed to choose a move after dynamax is over. However, in the match of which I am attaching the replay, none of the above happened, on my last gigantamax turn of my choice band sandaconda who activated it as soon as he touched the field, I used a glare based max guard, after which he got locked into glare. Please fix this bug and revert it to whichever of the aforementioned states that is correct.

P.S. it says the replays are not in the correct format for some reason so I have taken screenshots to prove it instead.
View attachment 214244View attachment 214245
Im pretty sure this is how it works ingame. I cant remember which video had shown this, so a researcher can help me here.

Kickassin666

Banned deucer.
Frosmoths ICE SCALES ability does not work. It should be multiplying the sp def by 2, but now it only multiplies by only 1.5. Pls fix this asap as its a very demeaning thing for a good mon in uu. Also this bug shouldnt be hard to fix and just change that line code.

Frosmoths ICE SCALES ability does not work. It should be multiplying the sp def by 2, but now it only multiplies by only 1.5. Pls fix this asap as its a very demeaning thing for a good mon in uu. Also this bug shouldnt be hard to fix and just change that line code.
I ran a quick test with and without Ice Scales, and it's working properly.

With Ice Scales: Aegislash's Air Slash did 24% damage.
Without: Aegislash's Air Slash did 54% damage.

The Sp. Def. change isn't reflected in the tooltip that is shown when you hover on the Pokémon, perhaps you saw the 1.5x boost given by Quiver Dance instead?

Kickassin666

Banned deucer.
I ran a quick test with and without Ice Scales, and it's working properly.

With Ice Scales: Aegislash's Air Slash did 24% damage.
Without: Aegislash's Air Slash did 54% damage.

The Sp. Def. change isn't reflected in the tooltip that is shown when you hover on the Pokémon, perhaps you saw the 1.5x boost given by Quiver Dance instead?
I dont think so. Whenever i try it on the ladder i always get the 1.5 boosted sp atk. Even in pokeaims video he says that ice scales isnt working properly and it hasnt been fixed.

On [Gen8] National Dex AG suddenly the game doesn't allow to play with pokemon that aren't on Sword and Shield Games, I don't know if it's intentional or an error, but I suppose the later since not allowing all pokémon isn't preciselly "National Dex"

It allows me in National Dex AG for Kyurem. I'm here to report a bug for National Dex OU. For Aggron & Electivire. Saying that they don't exist. I got the error just now.

In Gen IV OU, if you KO a Pokemon with pursuit, whatever the opponent initially selected to switch into will be revealed, only for them to be offered/forced to switch into something else.
Furthermore, my opponent in this battle claimed that he was unable to click any button after the pursuit KO, and on my end I was forced to click another move *despite having just KO'd his Latias with pursuit, and with no opposing Pokemon on the field from my perspective*. After he did eventually select Starmie, it took a Meteor Mash I selected in the previous sequence. This is the most egregiously unusual example of this glitch though, in the other screenshots I only have evidence of my first description happening.

EDIT: Found another game where an opponent was unable to select a move after getting pursuit killed, added the screenshot.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-1035305749

Attachments

Last edited:

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
I didn't see any anwsers, so here I am again : Why does Zippy Zap now raise the evasiveness on showdown, and is now 80 BP?

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Gen 8 Mew on Showdown is currently locked to 6 perfect IVs. Confirming that 3 perfect IV Mew is obtainable in Sword and Shield, relevant for minimizing Foul Play damage from Mandibuzz in OU and enabling Trick Room Mews.
E67F7781-16E5-40F4-9900-CE4DA81C5A59.jpeg

E2DFF74D-5BDC-4917-8C95-B4BF1E18AF1D.jpeg

Hello!

The bug I would like to report involves the move "pursuit". It was noticed in an ADV ubers match. The move functions normally when the switching pokemon targeted by pursuit does not faint. However, if the target does faint while switching, a problem occurs. Thereafter, a selected pokemon is sent out but is unable to select a move. Attempts to click a move continuously result in the following error message:

->[Invalid choice] Can't make choices: You sent choices for 2 Pokémon, but this is a singles game!

As a result, the match is stuck until one player forfeits. An example of the case can be seen in the match below.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ubers-1035835439

I hope this is good enough of an explanation. Also, thank you to all the PS staff for doing such amazing job in maintaining this simulator!

Hello!

The bug I would like to report involves the move "pursuit". It was noticed in an ADV ubers match. The move functions normally when the switching pokemon targeted by pursuit does not faint. However, if the target does faint while switching, a problem occurs. Thereafter, a selected pokemon is sent out but is unable to select a move. Attempts to click a move continuously result in the following error message:

->[Invalid choice] Can't make choices: You sent choices for 2 Pokémon, but this is a singles game!

As a result, the match is stuck until one player forfeits. An example of the case can be seen in the match below.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ubers-1035835439

I hope this is good enough of an explanation. Also, thank you to all the PS staff for doing such amazing job in maintaining this simulator!
I had the same issue as this but it somehow got unstuck after I clicked several times on both my phone and computer. This was in GSC after my Pokemon was KOed by Pursuit. I believe when it got unstuck, it had moved twice or moved and then selected a second move. Unfortunately I didn't save the replay.

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
A choiced locked Pokemon that is hit with Disable cannot then Dynamax afterwards, it is just forced to use struggle. Not sure if this is just a wack mechanic or if its a bug.

Impidimp should be able to have torment via leving up and from hatching from an egg, but it says otherwise here. Its evo line doesn't have this problem with torment; just Impidimp.

Edit: Nevermind, it's not a bug, it should have a different error prompt tho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)