Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
The Pain Split bug will be fixed the next time an administrator has time to monitor a server update & hotpatch (takes an hour). Please be patient, it should be fixed within 24 hours.

EDIT: This means you can stop reporting it.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I just registered an account and set my own password on it, even though my username was apparently registered before. I'm more than 99% sure this isn't an intended feature.
proof that it registered today
proof that it existed in 2018 (I would never use a Poke kid avatar)
The account was probably used unregistered in the past, which is allowed. Looking at the user control panel confirms the name was registered today.

hello!

Dynamax Max Moves are kinda glitched, when Sylveon Pixelate uses Max Strike, it turns to Max Starfall, but had the Max Strike effect instead of the Max Starfall effect.

Supposed to set Misty Terrain, but it -1 Speed my opponent instead.

Thank you!

Life Orb recoil (and other things) use the base HP not the dynamax HP. Your HP is doubled while dynamaxed so percent wise, you lose half as much HP. (With actual numbers, the amount is the same).
Another reason why Dynamax is stupidly broken. If you can abuse the 30% bonus with barely any recoil...
Though other players noted it's not supposed to work this way in the main game. And 10% is still 10%, no matter the base number. But whatever, guess we're just all wrong.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Another reason why Dynamax is stupidly broken. If you can abuse the 30% bonus with barely any recoil...
Though other players noted it's not supposed to work this way in the main game. And 10% is still 10%, no matter the base number. But whatever, guess we're just all wrong.
Life Orb absolutely only uses 10% of the Pokemon's starting full HP; this is very easy to test. So if I have a Mimikyu with 131 "starting full HP" -> dynamax to 262 HP, then Mimikyu still only takes floor(131/13) = 13 damage from Life Orb recoil. So whether you're dynamaxed or not, you only take 13 damage from Life Orb recoil in this situation. You're right that it is a benefit to Life Orb, but other healing items, like Leftovers or Sitrus Berry, get the short end of the stick and end up healing identical amounts of HP regardless of whether or not you're Dynamaxed. So it's just how the mechanic works.

I skimmed through the thread and saw a low of posts about neutralizing gas have been mde, but I don't know if an important aspect of the bug was covered (might've missed it, also ignore the chat in all of these replays it's just us fools being confused):

Neutralizing gas appears to work correctly only the first time the neutralizing gas user comes in:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8almostanyability-1019787427 (conkeldurr is triage, mew is neutralizing gas)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8almostanyability-1019784773 (mew is neutralizing gas, aegislash is magic bounce, doublade is regenerator, cinderace is desolate land, conkeldurr is triage, and dragapult and corsola are both neutralizing gas -- this one has a bunch of tests with other abilities

Other random notes
- Even upon first switchin, it does not take away harsh sunshine ( it's just weird idk if it's a bug tho)
- Interestingly enough, the property of neugas where the opponent's ability reactivates when it switches out seems to work properly. I don't have any replay examples of this but I've played/seen games where a neugas user fails to stop an attack boost from intrepid sword, then activates the opponent's intrepid sword upon the neugas user switching out, ending with the opponent at +2 attack.

Another scientific experiment - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8almostanyability-1019787495

Last edited:
That's because it is unreleased. Kyurem is released from the Gen 7 side of things, while Melmetal was never in Gen 7 and hasn't been released in Gen 8 yet.
It was released for Gen 7, on Pokemon GO and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. Both of which are supposed to be able to transfer Pokemon to Home when it releases.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
PS Admin
It was released for Gen 7, on Pokemon GO and Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. Both of which are supposed to be able to transfer Pokemon to Home when it releases.
If your refering to OU, UU, ect: Home is not released so neither is Melmetal in SWSH. Also technically GO/LGPE arent mainline gen 7 games, you can transfer to home though but not to SM/USUM which were the gen 7 games.

If you mean Nat Dex AG, were working on it since home updates release early there.

If your refering to OU, UU, ect: Home is not released so neither is Melmetal in SWSH. Also technically GO/LGPE arent mainline gen 7 games, you can transfer to home though but not to SM/USUM which were the gen 7 games.

If you mean Nat Dex AG, were working on it since home updates release early there.
Semantics really, at least LGPE is considered Gen 7 on the challenge option lol. You can transfer them to Home anyways.

And yeah I was talking about Nat Dex, just strange considering that these things were allowed in earlier but now they're "unreleased." Probably will be fixed soon so /shrug

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Is it intentional that in natdex ag, you're able to dynamax a Ditto that has copied stuff like Mega Rayquaza/primals/Ultra Necrozma that wouldn't be able to dynamax on their own?

Azurill'sBestFriend

I COULD BE BANNED!
G-Max Steelsurge does 12.5% damage to both Mimikyu and Eiscue (Disguise/Ice Face) despite them being weak to Steel type, it however does 25% damage to their busted formes.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1024919503

More testing with Stealth Rock in Camomons (Mimikyu being Fire type because of Will-O-Wisp) and it is the same case, Disguise/Ice Face doesn't seem to take effectiveness in account with Stealth Rock and G-Max Steelsurge.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8camomons-1024940913

Last edited:
In the Teambuilder, Guessed spread is treating Body Press as an Attack move when it uses Defense when calculating damage.
Screenshot_2019-12-07 Teambuilder - Showdown .png

Also, you have weight moves, such as Low Kick, listed as intended to fail. However, during gameplay in Sword and Shield, an opponent successfully damaged my Dynamax Greedent using Low Kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)