Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen1randombattle-793592968

On turn 4, my Ditto transformed to copy an Oddish with +2 Attack. On turn 6, its non-crit Double-Edge only did 25.1% damage, which is what it would do if it had no boosts. The stat boost apparently didn't get copied by Transform.

Oddish Double-Edge vs. Oddish: 61-72 (23.9 - 28.2%)
+2 Oddish Double-Edge vs. Oddish: 123-145 (47.4 - 55.9%)

I'm not familiar with the RBY mechanics for Transform so it's possible that boosts really don't get copied (although I can't find any source that says so, and that would directly contradict the PS gen 1 move description that was updated 2 days ago), so I'm not certain if this is a bug in the behavior for ignoring my boosts or a bug in the UI for showing boosts that I don't really have, but either way it's a bug.

I'm assuming you're referring to the popup screen when you hover over the mon. On cart, checking the summary of a transformed Ditto will not display the transformed stats, but Ditto's normal stats, so this is an attempt to mirror cart behavior and not disclose information you would not be able to see if playing on cart, such as EVs and nature.
I'm speaking about the popup, yeah, I also tested this myself but the screens are too small :/ When I look at the popup the copied stats don't appear..

PS! allows Skarmory to have Drill Peck + Whirlwind, Curse + Drill Peck, etc when it shouldn't

I'm not sure if this extends to other Pokémon or just Skarmory, but it should be fixed.
Marty-D tracked down the true cause of this and now Skarmory can't combine Curse, Drill Peck or Whirlwind in Gen 3. It also fixes the case of Armaldo with Knock Off and Rapid Spin for example.

This is the scenario:
a) A Pokemon only has status moves.
b) One of its moves is baton pass.
c) The Pokemon's held item is Normalium Z.
d) It has been taunted, so it can't use any of it's moves. It must either use Struggle or use it's Z-move.

In the scenario, the Pokemon cannot Z-Baton Pass. When I click "Z-Move," then "Baton Pass," the simulator returns "[invalid choice] Struggle cannot be used as a Z-move."

This is the scenario:
a) A Pokemon only has status moves.
b) One of its moves is baton pass.
c) The Pokemon's held item is Normalium Z.
d) It has been taunted, so it can't use any of it's moves. It must either use Struggle or use it's Z-move.

In the scenario, the Pokemon cannot Z-Baton Pass. When I click "Z-Move," then "Baton Pass," the simulator returns "[invalid choice] Struggle cannot be used as a Z-move."
That's not a bug, that's what happens on cartridge, it is just badly implemented.
On cartridge, if you have only status moves and get taunted, you are forced to struggle, you don't get to the move selection screen, so that you can't choose your z-move.

In gen 3, Chimecho got knocked out by Pursuit, but it still looked selectable. When I tried, I got a message saying I can't send in fainted pokemon and the battle ended normally when I lost. It's not a big deal but since it's a bug I decided to report it.
pursuit.png

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Unsure if this is a bug or not, but I've seen multiple scenarios where a Z-Status user is under the effects of the move Taunt and, as a result, cannot use their Z-Status move, while at the same time, the same Z-Status users are always able to use their Z-Status move, so long as they use it on the exact turn the opponent uses Taunt on them.

Unsure if this is a bug or not, but I've seen multiple scenarios where a Z-Status user is under the effects of the move Taunt and, as a result, cannot use their Z-Status move, while at the same time, the same Z-Status users are always able to use their Z-Status move, so long as they use it on the exact turn the opponent uses Taunt on them.
If you have no attacking move, the game skips straight to struggle. The screen to click a z crystal -> z status never comes up.

if you have an attacking move, however, you can use any Z status move despite taunt.

/learn5 just seems to give you the same result as /learn. This is probably because of the gen 7 move relearner, but for past generations this shouldn't apply. For example you can type /learn5 gen1, charmander, ember and it says Charmander learns it, but if you actually validate a Level 5 Charmander with Ember it doesn't go through. I know it used to list the possible parents back in the day.

EDIT: when I try the /learn marill, belly drum, encore, I get a successful result along with egg parents only up to gen 5 which is weird. From skimming through the move list, I don't think this works because Belly Drum is a marill eggmove and Encore is an azurill eggmove so they can't exist together. Same for Aqua Jet + Encore.

1535083509008.png

1535083858221.png

1535084992403.png

once again Belly drum and aqua jet are not legal with encore because they are marill eggmoves and Encore is a azurill eggmove and it can not have a combo of azurill eggmoves and Marill eggmoves
edit 2: When you type /learn roselia, leaf storm the possible egg move fathers show up twice

1535120056811.png

Last edited:
Dancer does not work the same here as it does on cartridge. If my ally uses a Dance-move on an opponent, Oricorio should use the Dance-move on the same opponent. Showdown makes it random which opponent is selected.

I found a bug in Gen2 Random Battle.

I was playing a gen2 random battle match, and i got this gligar but it fainted because of pursuit, however, i was able to choose it again but when i tried to i got this message: [Invalid choice] Can't switch: You can't switch to a fainted Pokémon.

and then i couldn't choose another pokemon.

I think it's probabily a pursuit bug, because it did not happen with the other Mons.

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2randombattle-795627394

Screenshot:

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Posting on behalf of PS! User tommm123:
[09:46:38] tommm123: so the move assurance deals double the damage if your target takes damage before assurance hits, However in doubles, if your target dies, the other pokemon will take double from assurance even if they were not hit
[09:46:49] tommm123: in the DS version of pokemon this does not happen
[09:47:00] tommm123: the new target will not take double if there were not damaged
Basically, if a Pokemon the Assurance user is targeting is KO'd before the Assurance user attacks it, the Pokemon that Assurance is redirected to will take double damage regardless of it it had been hit prior that turn, which is not what happens on cart. They're looking for a replay now, will edit it in here when found.
Replay showing how much it does normally: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-796352558
Replay after initial target has been KO'd: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-796353077

Last edited:
hello
the 'show pms in chat' feature does not work if a user uses the single panel view instead of the left & right panel view.

i use chrome to access PS but it hasnt worked when i use the application/IE/edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)