Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycanroc can't learn Happy Hour on Showdown, even though there's an event where you can get a Happy Hour Rockruff. So Lycanroc needs to be able to learn Happy Hour.

When a Pokemon with the ability berserk holding a healing berry in PS is damaged (by an attack) to the point where both activate at the same time, PS heals the Pokemon first instead of a sp.atk boost, then healing, like it is in SM/USUM. This works differently from other items like Weakness Policy, which will always activate before berserk.

Couldn't find anything on YT that had this, and can't upload battle videos right now. Not sure if it works the same way with other types of berrys. Here is a PS replay for reference:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-801479595 (turn 3/4)

I am using the desktop version of Showdown on a windows 10 laptop and computer and whenever i press the hide button for the chat the program crashes.

peach

just know that if you hide it doesn't go away
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am using the desktop version of Showdown on a windows 10 laptop and computer and whenever i press the hide button for the chat the program crashes.
known bug with the desktop client, use it in a browser or just dont click the button

I don't know if this was a bug or I was really unlucky, but in a game Iron Head did a flinch 9 times out of 9, without ever failing. Odds would be really low, I think it deserves at least to be reported. I don't have the whole battle log, replay or screenshots since I've copied just the log where the move was used:

Battle between OrokyC and jackyman92original started!
Go! Necrozma!
jackyman92original sent out Dugtrio (Dugtrio-Alola)!
Turn 1
WTCO joined.
Battle timer is ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up. (requested by jackyman92original)
Necrozma, come back!
Go! Mothim!
The opposing Dugtrio used Substitute!
The opposing Dugtrio put in a substitute!
The opposing Dugtrio lost 24% of its health!
The opposing Dugtrio restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 2
The opposing Dugtrio used Iron Head!
Mothim lost 47.0% of its health!
Mothim flinched and couldn't move!
Turn 3
Mothim lost 50.6% of its health!
Turn 4
Mothim lost 2.4% of its health!
Mothim fainted!
Go! Araquanid!
Turn 5
It's not very effective...
Araquanid lost 20.3% of its health!
Araquanid flinched and couldn't move!
Araquanid restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 6
A critical hit!
Araquanid lost 29.1% of its health!
Turn 7
OrokyC: 4 flinch and a crit, wow
Araquanid lost 19.0% of its health!
Turn 8
Araquanid lost 19.4% of its health!
Turn 9
jackyman92original: 6
OrokyC: This is bugged come on
Turn 10
The opposing Dugtrio used Earthquake!
Araquanid lost 22.4% of its health!
Araquanid fainted!
Go! Zangoose!
Turn 11
Zangoose lost 43.2% of its health!
Zangoose flinched and couldn't move!
Zangoose was badly poisoned by the Toxic Orb!
Turn 12
jackyman92original: Lol
OrokyC: I think it's seriously bugged, it should be reported
jackyman92original: Rematch?
OrokyC: no problems
OrokyC has 120 seconds left.
Zangoose lost 51.4% of its health!
Zangoose used Knock Off!
The opposing Dugtrio's substitute faded!
Zangoose was hurt by poison!
Zangoose fainted!
Go! Cloyster!
Turn 13
Cloyster lost 26.3% of its health!
Cloyster flinched and couldn't move!
Turn 14
Cloyster lost 32.1% of its health!
Cloyster used Hydro Pump!
It's super effective!
The opposing Dugtrio lost 100% of its health!
Cloyster lost some of its HP!
The opposing Dugtrio fainted!

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I don't know if this was a bug or I was really unlucky, but in a game Iron Head did a flinch 9 times out of 9, without ever failing. Odds would be really low, I think it deserves at least to be reported. I don't have the whole battle log, replay or screenshots since I've copied just the log where the move was used:

Battle between OrokyC and jackyman92original started!
Go! Necrozma!
jackyman92original sent out Dugtrio (Dugtrio-Alola)!
Turn 1
WTCO joined.
Battle timer is ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up. (requested by jackyman92original)
Necrozma, come back!
Go! Mothim!
The opposing Dugtrio used Substitute!
The opposing Dugtrio put in a substitute!
The opposing Dugtrio lost 24% of its health!
Turn 2
Mothim lost 47.0% of its health!
Turn 3
Mothim lost 50.6% of its health!
Turn 4
Mothim lost 2.4% of its health!
Mothim fainted!
Go! Araquanid!
Turn 5
Araquanid lost 20.3% of its health!
Turn 6
A critical hit!
Araquanid lost 29.1% of its health!
Turn 7
OrokyC: 4 flinch and a crit, wow
Araquanid lost 19.0% of its health!
Turn 8
Turn 9
jackyman92original: 6
OrokyC: This is bugged come on
Turn 10
Araquanid lost 22.4% of its health!
Araquanid fainted!
Go! Zangoose!
Turn 11
Zangoose lost 43.2% of its health!
Zangoose flinched and couldn't move!
Zangoose was badly poisoned by the Toxic Orb!
Turn 12
jackyman92original: Lol
OrokyC: I think it's seriously bugged, it should be reported
jackyman92original: Rematch?
OrokyC: no problems
OrokyC has 120 seconds left.
Zangoose lost 51.4% of its health!
Zangoose used Knock Off!
The opposing Dugtrio's substitute faded!
Zangoose was hurt by poison!
Zangoose fainted!
Go! Cloyster!
Turn 13
Cloyster lost 26.3% of its health!
Cloyster flinched and couldn't move!
Turn 14
Cloyster lost 32.1% of its health!
Cloyster used Hydro Pump!
It's super effective!
The opposing Dugtrio lost 100% of its health!
Cloyster lost some of its HP!
The opposing Dugtrio fainted!
This is most likely your luck; PS is developed in such way to follow the cartridge games as much as possible.

HoeenHero
You know it displays 7 pokemon of which 2 Tapu Bulu in addition to 1 Zoroark? That doesn't seem like not being able to distinguish between an illusion and a real pokemon, since one of the Bulu's should have become a Zoroark as soon as the illusion was broken. In particular, on turn 9 the illusion is already broken and when the Zoroarks is switched out to the Tapu Bulu a second Bulu appears, which is nonsense.

HoeenHero
You know it displays 7 pokemon of which 2 Tapu Bulu in addition to 1 Zoroark? That doesn't seem like not being able to distinguish between an illusion and a real pokemon, since one of the Bulu's should have become a Zoroark as soon as the illusion was broken. In particular, on turn 9 the illusion is already broken and when the Zoroarks is switched out to the Tapu Bulu a second Bulu appears, which is nonsense.
The thing is Zoroark's illusion keeps its true level so it really throws off the game's basic party tracker, thinking there are different guys since they have different levels. There'd probably have to be specific exceptions to handle this properly, as you say in your quote, which don't exist right now.

This is a follow up to the called move-charge move fail bug (Calling 2 turn moves via metronome/other called moves will end up failing, even without a choice item) I mentioned briefly earlier. I posted my findings in the metronome battle thread but this seems like a more relevant place for people to see it.

Right off the bat I'm just going to say this doesn't happen in the real games, since I found a video of someone successfully calling a charge move and landing it.

In 2:31 the guy charges up Solarbeam. At 3:13 the guy uses Solar Beam successfully.

There doesn't seem to be any relevant intentional change relating to this, but I strongly believe this commit Make a move fail if the target is the user and it's not self-target caused this. There's parts relating to charge moves failing, Metronome is a self target move itself, and it was fairly recent. I've also heard that Geomancy works, which is a self target move already. Hope this will be fixed soon as this has somewhat nerfed metronome battles as a whole.

Examples: Shadow force, Ice ball

EDIT:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-802492198

Posting for user kylanyan, this replay shows Assist into Dig/Dive causing moves to miss immediately after the Assister fails its move, apparently maintaining the invulnerable state for the turn. This is probably an extension of this same called-charge move bug.

Last edited:

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I posted my findings in the metronome battle thread but this seems like a more relevant place for people to see it.
[22:32:05] Flametix: hopefully this actual bug will motivate devs more since it didnt seem like my metronome plea worked
For your information, I looked into it the first time you mentioned it in this thread. I'm obviously not going to post status updates about what I'm working on because that's a waste of time, which I could be using to actually fix the thing. Just assume I read every post and deal with stuff in the order of "probably easy" to "really complicated, really annoying, really time-consuming".

This issue, while yes it's related to my commit you keep linking, actually exposes a different problem with self-targeting calling moves that can call multi-turn locking moves. Namely, that the second turn hasn't updated the target randomly chosen by the first turn, and uses the same target slot as the original move, which was the user. Prior to my commit, this was """fine""" since it would just randomly select an opponent again, but with my code in place it would just fail since you can't attack your own position.

Clearly I won't intentionally re-break an important mechanic in Doubles just to preserve (also broken but barely noticeable until now) calling move functionality with two-turn moves. This wouldn't even be on my radar if Metronome Battle wasn't a thing. So in the absence of time necessary to fix this properly and make sure nothing else breaks, you get this hack that doesn't actually fix anything but exempts two-turn moves, Rollout, and Ice Ball.

Everytime I select a move or I switch a pokemon, the touchscreen keyboard opens up. I do not know if it's a bug, but it's really annoying.
Screenshot_20180909-033759.jpg

Screenshot_20180909-033811.jpg
Screenshot_20180909-033823.jpg
Screenshot_20180909-033847.jpg
Screenshot_20180909-033921.jpg
Screenshot_20180909-034442.jpg
Screenshot_20180909-034451.jpg

sorry for the screenshot spam

This is a bit of a complicated issue, so try to stay with me.

Watch this: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-804489559

As shown, in the Balanced Hackmons battle, the Comatose Giratina failed to entrain the Magic Guard Shedinja. However, according to Bulbapedia, this scenario should have resulted in the Shedinja getting successfully entrained.

According to Bulbapedia:
Entrainment fails if the target's Ability is Truant, Multitype, Stance Change, Schooling, Comatose, Shields Down, Disguise, RKS System, or Battle Bond.

Entrainment fails if the user's Ability is Trace, Forecast, Flower Gift, Zen Mode, Illusion, Imposter, Power of Alchemy, Receiver, Disguise or Power Construct.
However, the user's ability was Comatose, which should have been accepted as it's not in the "user's Ability" list. Just the same, Magic Guard is not in the "target's Ability" list and thus should also not have impeded Entrainment.

Have I overlooked something? Is it Bulbapedia's fault, my fault, Showdown's fault, and/or someone else's fault entirely?

Using Showdown on Mozilla Firefox. Page crashes the moment my Mega-Latias uses Substitute. Doesn't crash under other circumstances.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Is it Bulbapedia's fault
Yes, it is. If you're looking for accurate descriptions, you can just mouse over a move in battle or check the PSdex, as mentioned in the OP.
Causes the target's Ability to become the same as the user's. Fails if the target's Ability is Battle Bond, Comatose, Disguise, Multitype, Power Construct, RKS System, Schooling, Shields Down, Stance Change, Truant, or the same Ability as the user, or if the user's Ability is Battle Bond, Comatose, Disguise, Flower Gift, Forecast, Illusion, Imposter, Multitype, Power Construct, Power of Alchemy, Receiver, RKS System, Schooling, Shields Down, Stance Change, Trace, or Zen Mode.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
If a Pokemon with Beast Boost takes a KO while a Pokemon with Soul Heart is on the field, Soul Heart will always activate first in-game. Currently on PS, the order between Soul Heart and Beast Boost activating is determined by Speed, which is an information leak on Speed tiers.

Example replay (incorrect): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublescustomgame-805079025

I've found a bug in moveset validation. Specifically:
Raichu with the moves Teeter Dance and Headbutt

These two moves should be able to be legally obtained on a Raichu by starting with a Gen 3 event Pichu that knows Teeter Dance. Transferring it to Gen 4 (HGSS) and move tutoring it Headbutt, then transferring it regularly through the Bank into Gen 7. Either evolving it into regular Raichu first, or transferring it and then evolving it in S/M to get an alolan Raichu with those moves instead.

The move set is accepted as valid on both Pichu and Pikachu in gen7, just not the Raichus.

As for what I suspect may be causing this:
Additionally the move set is marked as valid back in gen4. It seems like the root of this bug is in how multiple different event pikachus in gen5-7 have teeter dance but cannot be taught headbutt since the last move tutor with headbutt was in gen4.
I would not be surprised to learn this bug affects another pokemon too.
Someone in the help chat pointed out the following as well, which is possibly more helpful than what I found for the cause:
Flametix: seems like the difference is raichus teeter dance /learn doesnt include the gen 3 pichu
Flametix: /advlearn raichu, teeter dance is a no but validator is fine with it
It may be possible that eventmon just needs to be added to Raichu's learnset, since this enables it to be learned before gen4 to still get headbutt.

Thank you for your time, hopefully I didn't write too much here, I was trying to be thorough ^^', Ask if there's anything unclear, I've been trying for more than a week now to sort this all out because I originally made a mistake and believed the validator was correct in denying it.

PQD

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hello.
- In Gen 4 on Pokémon Showdown, Doom Desire always ignores boosts from items, even when Jirachi is still out of its Poké Ball. This is maybe the case in other generations but I didn't test. In this testing battle the Skarmory only took 282 instead of 358-423 (calc below) which would have OHKO it.

- In the Damage Calculator, in Generation 3 and 4, Doom Desire is affected by the hit Pokémon's type:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Jirachi Doom Desire (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD (70 SpD) Skarmory: 179-211 (53.5 - 63.1%).
252+ SpA Choice Specs Jirachi Doom Desire (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD (70 SpD) Steel-typeless Skarmory: 358-423 (107.1 - 126.6%).
Also, if you take time to correct this in the Damage Calculator, can you update Pokémons sets in it pls..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)