Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-844746831

The Sawsbuck was hidden / looked like I brought 5 pokemon till I switched it in. Also some code came out when the battle started.
The replay looks perfectly fine. Can you try redoing the battle and posting a screenshot of it?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-844877520

I don't know if it was my browser or if it's something wrong with Showdown, but I was playing DOU and at the start of the battle I only saw 5 pokemon (I don't have proofs, as it appears in the replay), the Florges didn't show.

At the start of turn 9 I thought there was just a flareon left for my opponent, but then the Florges appeared.

At the beginning some text appeared after the clauses and before both teams, as it's shown in this screenshot:
Edit: I'm using Chrome on Windows 10

Last edited:
I can't select any different sprites from the same Pokémon like Sawsbuck or Gastrodon in the teambuilder, for example : When I click on the blue Gastrodon sprite, it doesn't change and I still have the pink one.

I tried with different browser, I still have the problem.

SFG

Snom is Fucking Great
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Hello!

After reports on the french room, we made a test with iKiQ and noticed a display bug with judgement which always displays a normal type, even if arceus has a plate (for example with arceus fairy on this screenshot). We checked, and the attack seems to have the fairy type, but it isn't displayed.

Attachments

I'm not 100% confident whether this was a bug or something changed in Let's Go, perhaps? To my understanding, any speed over 8191 overflows, so speed=8192 is considered equal to speed=0 (unless Trick Room is active). In a recent Custom Game of mine, where I had a Tyranitar-Mega with 40- Speed, 30 IVs, and an Iron Ball (16382 / 2 = 8191 speed), I'm not sure how much speed investment my opponent had, but they were consistently outspeeding me, even with negative speed modifiers.

This is inconsistent with my experience (on Showdown, at least) where a Pokemon with 8191 speed would outspeed mons with "higher" speeds, and could only at best speed tie with other 8191 mons: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 and more.

Is this a bug, or is this something that's changed with Let's Go?

I'm not 100% confident whether this was a bug or something changed in Let's Go, perhaps? To my understanding, any speed over 8191 overflows, so speed=8192 is considered equal to speed=0 (unless Trick Room is active). In a recent Custom Game of mine, where I had a Tyranitar-Mega with 40- Speed, 30 IVs, and an Iron Ball (16382 / 2 = 8191 speed), I'm not sure how much speed investment my opponent had, but they were consistently outspeeding me, even with negative speed modifiers.

This is inconsistent with my experience (on Showdown, at least) where a Pokemon with 8191 speed would outspeed mons with "higher" speeds, and could only at best speed tie with other 8191 mons: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 and more.

Is this a bug, or is this something that's changed with Let's Go?
Now that damage overflow has been coded into the sim, there's special behavior for Custom Game so that all bitwise rollovers are written out of existence in that format (otherwise Pokemon would run into it all the time at those levels, without even trying). This includes the speed truncation to 13 bits, but the 10000 cap isn't a bitwise cap so it remains in effect.

This essentially means that in CG, everything at or above 10000 now speed-ties with everything else in that bracket, which outspeeds 9999, which in turn outspeeds 8191, and so on. How much you exceed 10000 by is not relevant (but of course having 15000 ensures you'll stay in the tied bracket even after Sticky Web, or 20000 to do so after paralysis).

Last edited:
guess i have to report my team builder, when backing up/restoring into text, so i can save it into a word document, displays the text all over and is messed up with commas lol.

http://tinypic.com/r/2eydx04/9
http://i64.tinypic.com/2eydx04.png

idk what ill do when cookies auto reset =[
I'm pretty sure this is because of the way word documents are formatted. Try going into word, saving the document as a text file (.txt), opening it in notepad, then copying it.

I actually didn't see any display bug in the replay, so it might of just been for your browser at the time of the battle, although I'm viewing the replay on mobile however.
Actually I think Zarel fixed this a couple of days ago, so you probably saw the fixed version.
By the way, the teambuilder says Weezing is PU.
The validator is the ultimate authority of which tier a Pokémon is in; the various other tools can be out of date from time to time.

The validator is the ultimate authority of which tier a Pokémon is in; the various other tools can be out of date from time to time.
In that case, I just found a minor validator problem. When attempting to use Carracosta in ZU, the validator says
Your team was rejected for the following reasons:
- Carracosta is banned.
when it should say
Your team was rejected for the following reasons:
- Carracosta is in PU, which is banned.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm pretty sure this is because of the way word documents are formatted. Try going into word, saving the document as a text file (.txt), opening it in notepad, then copying it.
it's how i saved my teams before but i think exporting older teams (further down the list) is what caused this error of disruption. its ok

In that case, I just found a minor validator problem. When attempting to use Carracosta in ZU, the validator says
Carracosta may have been specifically banned from ZU at some point. (Were ZU official that would move it into ZUBL instead.)

Carracosta may have been specifically banned from ZU at some point. (Were ZU official that would move it into ZUBL instead.)
Yes, but right now Carracosta has high enough usage to be PU. If it ever goes back down below the 3.4%, then it would become ZUBL.

Cosmetic variants of Pokémon cannot be selected in the teambuilder. If I add a Pokémon with cosmetic variants to a team, such as Vivillon, and click on the arrow that allows changing the variant:

Screenshot from 2019-01-09 13-57-45.png

nothing happens after I click on the variant's image. The same happens if I try and set the variant using the import/export utility.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-846308457
In ^that^ replay (turns 33-34 and turns 45-46), Block and Mean Look each stayed in effect after Snorlax and Jynx left the field.
I'm not certain, but I don't think that's how it's supposed to work...right? Lol
Just tried recreating this, and it seems to have been only a visual glitch, as I was able to switch my Pokemon out despite it saying "[[trapped]]" as one of the volatiles; I imagine you could have done the same. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3ou-846551324

EDIT: This is also the case in gen 7, and presumably other gens as well: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846553378

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
/ds will show alolan forms normally, but only if their kantonian forms don't also fit the requirements. For example, /ds volt switch, PU does give Raichu-Alola as a result but /ds volt switch, pu | zu will only show kantonian raichu and not alolan raichu

/ds will show alolan forms normally, but only if their kantonian forms don't also fit the requirements.
This applies to anything with multiple formes such as Rotom - if you do /ds electric type, levitate it will only say Rotom rather than listing every forme.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This applies to anything with multiple formes such as Rotom - if you do /ds electric type, levitate it will only say Rotom rather than listing every forme.
I didn't realize since multiple rotom forms show up if rotom-n isn't a valid response to the search (/ds electric type, defog, pu | zu). I kind of have to question why this is intended though, since it's only eliminating possible answers to someone's search criteria. It's especially annoying for PU where the alolan forms are almost always more viable but they don't pop up in searches. Frankly it's annoyed me for a while now that so many searches turn up kantonian raichu or exeggutor when alolan is always the one you're actually looking for.
e: ok i can see why it'd be annoying for 18 arceus and silvally forms. would it be possible to leave as is for them but treat regional variants differently?

Last edited:
/ds will show alolan forms normally, but only if their kantonian forms don't also fit the requirements. For example, /ds volt switch, PU does give Raichu-Alola as a result but /ds volt switch, pu | zu will only show kantonian raichu and not alolan raichu

/ds won't show any alternate forms if the base form fits the criteria. I think this might be intended so you don't see every Arceus form when searching something like /ds bst>719.

Edit: ninja'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)