Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When combining Pledges, the fastest user waits for the seconde one to move, right after it. Then the combined effect of both Pledges merges into ONE AND ONLY move. The user's move has no effect and only the combined Pledge move has an effect. However, by using Grass Peldge's max variant, the original effect of the move is negated, yet it technically remains Grass Pledge (same interaction as Copycat on a Max move). Thus, the combined Pledge mechanic happens, negates Fire Pledge's damage since Venusaur's Grass Pledge should have the combined effect, and then negates that effect by making it Max Overgrowth.
Check out Fire Pledge dex entry or Bulbapedia page if i didn't make it clear enough.
I just tested it out on the Switch. Fire Pledge worked normally and attacked without waiting for the Grass Pledge-based Max Overgrowth. So it seems it actually is a Showdown bug. Please, admins! Thank you in advance!

I just tested it out on the Switch. Fire Pledge worked normally and attacked without waiting for the Grass Pledge-based Max Overgrowth. So it seems it actually is a Showdown bug. Please, admins! Thank you in advance!
Good thing you tested it then, and bold of me to assume without testing.

Fissure is supposed to fail if you are a lower level and Stomping Tantrum does double damage if your last move used failed. If i needed stomping tantrum to double i could use protect twice but its holding assualt vest. attached is a link to my test.

TLDR: it just says its immune (in text it says its unaffected.)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1087093046View attachment 231999View attachment 232001
I tested it as well, and as you can see in the first replay by Chansey being OHKO'd by Stomping Tantrum after failing Fissure, it does work as intented, meaning you fail Fissure and the Stomping Tantrum's power doubles.
However you mentioned that it "should" say something else than IMMUNE, for whatever reason. So i tested whether or not it would work after failing a move due to the opponents being immune to said move. By looking at that second replay, you can see it works the same. So i really don't see why saying IMMUNE instead of FAILED or something else is a bug.

This is a dumb pest request but can someone take a look at Pyro Ball's accuracy?

I wish I could come with official data in the form of replays and etc, but I have just been tallying myself. I use Cinderace on all my teams and started noticing that Pyro Ball just seems to miss more than you would expect for a 90% accuracy move. Further, if you consider the chance of burn being approximately similar to chance of miss (10% chance of burn on 90% accuracy = 9% (will be slightly lower since some opposing pokemon can't be burned vs. 10% miss chance), it's really lopsided.

So far just my own dumb tally has 11 misses out of 61 (18%, implying closer to 80% accuracy) and only 2 burns compared to 11 misses. I don't have a stats background to tell you what my n implies.

Yeah I know it's dumb and very likely just bad luck, but I started noticing this before I started tallying so I'm just a little suspicious. Can someone take a look just to check my sanity?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
This is a dumb pest request but can someone take a look at Pyro Ball's accuracy?

I wish I could come with official data in the form of replays and etc, but I have just been tallying myself. I use Cinderace on all my teams and started noticing that Pyro Ball just seems to miss more than you would expect for a 90% accuracy move. Further, if you consider the chance of burn being approximately similar to chance of miss (10% chance of burn on 90% accuracy = 9% (will be slightly lower since some opposing pokemon can't be burned vs. 10% miss chance), it's really lopsided.

So far just my own dumb tally has 11 misses out of 61 (18%, implying closer to 80% accuracy) and only 2 burns compared to 11 misses. I don't have a stats background to tell you what my n implies.

Yeah I know it's dumb and very likely just bad luck, but I started noticing this before I started tallying so I'm just a little suspicious. Can someone take a look just to check my sanity?
Sorry everything seems normal to me
1585453113050.png

Heres our FAQ article on RNG if that helps: https://pokemonshowdown.com/pages/rng

Taunt does prevent the usage of Max Guard on cartridge, though the implementation is pretty bizarre for actually allowing you to click the move on Showdown; it should just be grayed out like normal, ideally.
Ah yeah I did see a video ingame showing that behavior. But still seems like a bug to be able to click the move, no?

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Some moves combination that previously worked don't anymore.

The one example that I'm pretty sure should work is Endure + Rough Skin on Garchomp in Black/White.

Another one that used to work and doesn't anymore that I'm not sure of is Combusken with Speed Boost + Baton Pass + Mirror Move.

Anyway, is something up with the legability of some breeding moves in BW?

Some moves combination that previously worked don't anymore.

The one example that I'm pretty sure should work is Endure + Rough Skin on Garchomp in Black/White.

Another one that used to work and doesn't anymore that I'm not sure of is Combusken with Speed Boost + Baton Pass + Mirror Move.

Anyway, is something up with the legability of some breeding moves in BW?
Garchomp can only learn Endure from gen 4, before HAs were a thing
What I wrote was false: there's a DW Gibble with Rough Skin and Endure

All Torchic ever released with Speed Boost were male. Only females can pass HAs prior to gen 6. HA Torchic can't learn egg moves as a result.

Both of those situations are accurate to cart.

Last edited:
Gastrodon-East not appearing when selected through the drop down arrow. While something similar to this was reported a couple of pages back, this seems to be different and more severe.
gone.PNG

notice how the picture and stats have been removed, but not the typing and ability, unlike the post a few pages back where the picture and stats were intact.
Additionally, Gastrodon-East has been bugged in replays for a while, showing an unknown type, no ability and either 0 or 1 base speed.
gone2.PNG

This bug is also persistent with other pokemon with no gameplay change between forms, such as Alcremie and Furfrou. While they provide no gameplay change, I think it's a necessary fix for those who prefer a certain aesthetic on their pokemon.

Sidenote: This is a very recent bug, as about a week ago I was able to select Gastrodon-East in the teambuilder.

EDIT: I was able to get Gastrodon-East on a new team by copy-pasting data from an older team, but the selection process is still bugged.

Last edited:
I tested it as well, and as you can see in the first replay by Chansey being OHKO'd by Stomping Tantrum after failing Fissure, it does work as intented, meaning you fail Fissure and the Stomping Tantrum's power doubles.
However you mentioned that it "should" say something else than IMMUNE, for whatever reason. So i tested whether or not it would work after failing a move due to the opponents being immune to said move. By looking at that second replay, you can see it works the same. So i really don't see why saying IMMUNE instead of FAILED or something else is a bug.
Thanks i suppose it does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)