Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nowno

la frappe du quartier est approuvé ✅
Uber 8g format :1595078346221.png1595078376250.png
I found a bug that is really impacting but if you use a gigamax pokemon
I wanted to play Charizard Gigamax with Solar Power and a life orb, so I wanted to play him with Roost,
but...
1595078346221.png

1595078376250.png

But since the DLC you can gigamax any Pokemons so you can play Roost on Charizard even with gmax.
Thanks !!

BUG STATUS: FIXED by The Immortal

Last edited by a moderator:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1154073420 In this battle, the Grass Pledge/Water Pledge combo move is successfully executed on turn 4, creating a swamp. However, Showdown did not display text in the top left of the screen (similar to weather and screen data) showing the duration of the Swamp status, even though to the best of my knowledge that information is available in-battle in generation 8.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

MAMP

MAMP!
curse doesnt show up when using /movesearch to search for moves that boost attack
1595219772215.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER), there is nothing special about the gen1|gen2 flag here (DaWoblefet)

I was playing vgc 2020 and my opponent had an ursifu, the sprite was the water version, but when i hovered over the small sprite on the right side of the screen the details said it was the dark version.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

DPP Garchomp lacks a back sprite.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - SPRITE, it's missing the female backsprite in particular, though someone will need to provide the sprite (DaWoblefet)

PQD

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hello.

First replay
In this replay I played Rapid Strike Urshifu but it was displayed as Single Strike Urshifu when hovering cursor on Pokémon below my username.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG
, that section displays what your opponent would see, and your opponent doesn't know whether or not you're a Rapid or Single Strike Urshifu (DaWoblefet)

Second replay
I am not sure if this is a real bug but it is not written in the first post, but Pressure does not take a second PP away from Phantom Force.
Maybe PP is taken when Dracovish is using the move turn 1 so it is not used when hitting Corviknight ?

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
When a Dynamaxed Excadrill used Max Steelspike on a Protecting Cotton Down Eldegoss, its ally Clear Body Dragapult had its speed lowered, even though on other turns when Cotton Down activated, Clear Body also activated and protected that dragapult from the speed drops.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1154726696 - See turn 3

Edit: turn 4 has odd behaviour as well -- thinking about it, is this because of mold breaker? Mold breaker "chaining" through abilities like this seems strange

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, it is strange, but this is an accurate implementation of Mold Breaker - all Abilities get negated throughout the process. (DaWoblefet)

Maybe PP is taken when Dracovish is using the move turn 1 so it is not used when hitting Corviknight ?
PP is only deducted on the first turn of two-turn moves, so switching in a Pressure target on the second turn won't cause additional PP loss.
thinking about it, is this because of mold breaker? Mold breaker "chaining" through abilities like this seems strange
Yes, Mold Breaker simply disables all relevant abilities during the execution of the holder's move. For instance, it even makes Magic Guard users take hazard damage when dragged in via e.g. Roar.

Wonder Room seems to be wrongly coded and port over the invested evs :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1154826789-5ubtxzjb7lus1e6za1j3cyjiyy98x5vpw

First one was bold max hp max def and the second one a bold max hp no def evs :

252+ SpA Indeedee Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 787-927 (111.9 - 131.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
That"s the calc with wonder room on and chansey at 5spedef base stat

252+ SpA Indeedee Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 348-411 (49.5 - 58.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
Here the calc wonder room on with the def ev switched to spedef .

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Wonder Room swaps the Pokemon's raw Defense and Sp. Def stats (what you see in the summary screen), not their base stats (DaWoblefet)

Wonder Room seems to be wrongly coded and port over the invested evs :
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1154826789-5ubtxzjb7lus1e6za1j3cyjiyy98x5vpw

First one was bold max hp max def and the second one a bold max hp no def evs :

252+ SpA Indeedee Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 787-927 (111.9 - 131.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
That"s the calc with wonder room on and chansey at 5spedef base stat

252+ SpA Indeedee Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 348-411 (49.5 - 58.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
Here the calc wonder room on with the def ev switched to spedef .
Wonder Room switches the actual stat numbers, not the base stats.

EDIT: Regarding 2-turn moves and Pressure, the hover display disagrees with actual PP usage. 7/8 is shown on the charge turn when 6/8 is shown to the player after hitting.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8anythinggoes-1154852010
1595294744473.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik99999

Reactions: PQD
Not sure if this is the right place, but I've been experiencing several visual oddities on Pokemon Showdown's chat rooms. Here are the errors in question.
(note: the first visual error's in PMs, and not a main chat room)
(note 2: the other errors were all in the Smash Bros. chat room)

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, I have no idea what this is (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Bug Reports | OM: Gen 8 Linked (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/linked-leaders-choice.3660421/)
I'm sorry for cross-posting, anyway

-- 1 --

It seems like Stomping Tantrum is not working. I tried once on Miltank with Milk Drink + Stomping Tantrum whereas Miltank was full HP. Stomping Tantrum's damage did not seem to change at all. Another person I've matched with told me this first; he tried Gravity + Stomping Tantrum. Is this a bug or an intended mechanic (maybe because Stomping Tantrum detects failed moves on turn basis)?

Here's the replay for this one: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1151055400

1595327126631.png

Miltank (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Milk Drink
- Stomping Tantrum
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, that's how Stomping Tantrum works in Gen 8 (it's weird) (DaWoblefet)

-- 2 --

Another bug suspected again. This time, it's about the move, Round. Round + Copycat in theory should work, but it didn't work at all. Or is it not a bug because round needs to have another pokemon (needs to be ally in doubles) to do it?

I will update this one for the replay as I have not yet secured a replay on this one.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, with that replay (DaWoblefet)

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Kubfu is currently able to bypass legality checks in LC. It shouldn't be allowed as it is only obtainable at level 10. However, setting its level to 100 in the builder means it bypasses this legality check, and its level is reduced to 5 in the actual game. If the Kubfu's level is set to 5, it is disallowed because it needs to be level 10 because of the event.

View attachment 262192
View attachment 262193
Kubfu @ Eviolite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat
- Aerial Ace
Import of the set in case you want to try it yourself.
Edit: For some reason it doesn't allow certain moves, such as Zen Headbutt, Fire Punch and Iron Head

Replay of it being used https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8lc-1151772809

======================================================

Less important but still a bug:
LC room is classed as a doubles room for some reason when using the /dt command

View attachment 262194
Hello Pokemon Showdown Developers,

After a lot of testing, I can specify why this bug happens. To clarify a bit, using the current code, Kubfu does not have to be set as level 100 to be used in LC, but it does have to have the move Aerial Ace (or others like it - I'll explain).

See this if/else statement: https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-showdown/blob/master/sim/team-validator.ts#L572. The checks for event legality (validateEvent) are only run if the "else" statement is reached - that is, although Kubfu is only obtainable from an event at level 10, you can circumvent this check if you meet the criteria in the "if" statement at line 572.

Aerial Ace causes Kubfu to meet this condition because it validates as an egg move. See: https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-showdown/blob/master/sim/team-validator.ts#L1847. Despite the fact that neither Kubfu nor its evolution can breed (they are in the Undiscovered egg group), because Aerial Ace is learned via level up and Kubfu is gendered, the sim lets it learn the move at any level.

My solution was to change the check on line 1847 to
Code:
((!species.gender || species.gender === 'F') && learnedGen >= 2 && species.eggGroups && species.eggGroups[0] !== 'Undiscovered')
This has the added benefit of preventing other low-level illegalities on unbreedable Pokemon. However, I'm not super familiar with move validation generally so I was hoping someone else could look at the code and decide whether this is an optimal fix.

I'm really hoping that someone can give some feedback on this quickly, as the LC ladder is difficult to play when illegal Pokemon are usable. Thank you!

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Nineage

for some reason gen7 ou is allowing hidden power greninja not sure if this is bugged or if there was recent change but i know before this was not allowed because of it being forced into one hidden power

Attachments

If you use the /nick command with multiple lines in a single message (and no space after /nick), you get
Code:
New to the Pokémon Showdown protocol? Your client needs to get a signed assertion from the login server and send /trn
https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-showdown/blob/master/PROTOCOL.md#global-messages
Follow the instructions for handling |challstr| in this documentation
Additionally, if you try to do /nick with the space after it and multiple lines (depending on whether or not you have text before or after the line break can change the behavior a little bit), you attempt to send what you would normally put after /trn as a message in the Home area (and, due to its length, you get the ~ PM box that tells you the message is too long).

Although I think this is predictable behavior, it's probably not intended.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, I cannot reproduce the first scenarios given here; something like /nickextrathingwithoutspace would return that the command doesn't exist. (DaWoblefet)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First replay
In this replay I played Rapid Strike Urshifu but it was displayed as Single Strike Urshifu when hovering cursor on Pokémon below my username.
In addition to this, once Urshifu faints, the sprite stays present instead of being greyed out, making it appear as if it's still able to fight

Reactions: PQD
This person was somehow able to bring Kubfu (min level 10) to a LC game. Not sure how.
There's a bug in the validator that thought that Kubfu was able to learn Aerial Ace by breeding, despite it being in the Undiscovered egg group, which then confused it as to its minimum level, I think. I thought that the problem had been patched, although main is still letting it through at time of writing.

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Speed Issue in OM: Linked
Turn 12: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1156938274
Scenario: I´m using a jolly Mimikyu with 320 speed, the move shadow sneak is not linked to any other move. My opps pokemon is a Prankster Grimsnarl with Light Screen and Reflect linked together.
Prankster raises screens priority to +1 ,and shadow sneak is also a +1 priority move. Hence Mimikyu should have moved first in turn 12, which wasnt the case. Asked in the Help Room and HoeenHero confirmed my Mimikyu was indeed faster.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Linked isn't supported on the main server anymore (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)