Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bulky Pivot set for Beheeyem in SS includes the option to use Nasty Plot over teleport.

If it doesnt have a move to switch it out, it isnt a pivot.
Pivot does not include having a switching move. Amoonguss and Tangrowth are usually considered Pivots thanks to Regenerator, I am not aware what Beheeyem exactly does but lacking Teleport probably doesn't change its role.

Also this thread is related to Pokemon Showdown bugs, I am not sure exactly where but this sorta issues should be reported in the C&C forums I guess

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1168069730

I was using a Sticky Barb-Trick Clefable, but somehow, the turn I switched Clefable in (where I was attacked with Acrobatics), the opposing Hawlucha suddenly magically had it. Trick was NOT used, and there were NO item stealing moves/abilities in play.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this is how the item works as stated below (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
In showdown gen 1 random Haunter a night shade had one base power even though he was a much higher level than 1
83819372-AF38-4FFE-B9E8-8D353AE587AD.jpeg

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, though it could be argued that maybe it shouldn't show any BP at all (DaWoblefet)

Éric

mons is mons
is a Pre-Contributor
So i was trying to do that “outrunning trickroom” thing but when i tried to use skill swap with my gardevoir to my deoxys in this replay, gardevoir recieved pressure but deoxys didn’t get surge surfer, it still had pressure. In this other replay we tried with a ninjask instead of deoxys and skill swap worked just fine. Is it a bug? Pressure is not one of those “cant remove” abilities and if it was i think this is not how skill swap should work. My only other guess is it has to do with deoxys or something but that doesn’t make sense. Am i just missing something?

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) They did have the associated Abilities; it's just a bug with the display not working correctly, just a visual bug (DaWoblefet).

1CA0A3D2-C9F9-4B23-9342-16F47E26CB65.jpeg

This is a bug with the 'Automatically turn timer on' option in the Battle Options. I join a battle which isn't my own, and not only does this popup appear (probably to do with lag), it tries to turn the timer on in someone else's battle.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
When you use the /ce command, the BST shown is the BST of the base mon, without the altered stats given from the evolution.

Screen Shot 2020-08-14 at 11.23.49 AM.png

The BST should say 534 + 340 = 874, instead of the original 534.

Everything else appears to be working normally.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Kris

Hello,

I just tested an interaction with the “Don't allow spectators” check and /ionext off, to see if it makes the game public (which could be a good thing for tours that require it)

The thing is, despite the message it gives you, “Your next battle will be publicly visible.” that is not the case when you or the other user have that thing checked. It does, however, work when the other user uses ionext, which is why I come here asking if it is a bug. Thanks to pqs for testing with me

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1169023132-vx522umvgjyvv8eq5bzf19ypst5yt5mpw pqs had it checked
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1169030953-tsz1fe7k6hp0mcw6uugv53yj6qanzplpw I did

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, if the checkbox is checked or /ionext next is on for either player, the battle will be hidden. It only takes one person to do this. Additionally, /ionext off does not supersede the checkbox; to think of a comparable example, if you typed /ionext off, then checked "Don't allow spectators", I think you wouldn't be surprised if the battle was hidden, because evaluating whether or not the checkbox is checked happens after you've typed any commands. (DaWoblefet)

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
I've just discovered that when you select any Greninja sample set in the teambuilder, it automatically puts 0 Atk IVs, having most of the sets one or two physical moves.

It also happens with physical sets

I don't know if it happens with any other Pokemon.

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

Pirate Princess

Royal Swashbuckler
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dunno if this is just an oversight from the changes to /busy, but atm when I switch my status from busy using /back it still attempts to /unblockpms and /unblockchallenges. Not sure if it should still be doing that - and is kinda annoying as I'd prefer to have challenges remain blocked.

The room expired so I don't have a replay, but this happened a little while ago. They didn't have a Zoroark on their team which is why I was confused.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

Attachments

Hi,

Apparently typing the command /user in pms results in this return message:

1597607710560.png

I was thinking it could perhaps be changed so the command can be used in PMs. Otherwise, if not technically possible, another return message that doesn't imply /user doesn't exist would make the most sense, cause the command does exist.

Thanks for your time,

Murad.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1170235672

Turn 14 - opponent uses Memento against my defiant Bisharp, no atk boosts received

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, on cart, Memento drops stats first, then the user faints, so Neutralizing Gas is still active and as a result will not trigger Defiant, which Showdown accurately simulates (DaWoblefet)

I think this happens because i only have 5 team members in my party. I just enter team builder, check my team, go back and it's gone.
Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 3.49.43 AM.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER; the easiest way to reproduce is have a 5-mon team, add a sixth member, and then close out of the teambuilder tab (DaWoblefet)

The eye of Mega Scizor's pincers are black instead of blue
please fix it as soon as posible

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - SPRITE, though this can't be fixed without someone providing a sprite from the game (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

there is a glitch with dynamax morpeko.

when you dynamax morpeko but with its dark type hunger switch mode active the move that was originally dark type aura wheel turns into max lightning on the move selection screen,but when you press it, it turns into the move max darkness.

i hope this was clear enough because im not that good at explaining XD

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
When leaving a groupchat after deleting it you get a PM from ~ saying it does not exist. I'm assuming it's a bug because it seems odd to be intentional. It only happens when the room is deleted, however.
Screenshot_20200820-213325_Chrome.jpg

Annika edit: this also affects regular rooms when they're deleted, but will only be visible to users who are not currently in the Lobby

I can't 100% tell, but it seems that the negation for the boosts parameter in ms isn't working correctly. Here's the output for /nms !boosts attack, all:
Acid Armor, Agility, Amnesia, Aromatic Mist, Aura Wheel, Autotomize, Baby-Doll Eyes, Barrier, Calm Mind, Captivate, Charge, Charge Beam, Charm, Confide, Cosmic Power, Cotton Guard, Cotton Spore, Defend Order, Defense Curl, Diamond Storm, Double Team, Eerie Impulse, Fake Tears, Feather Dance, Fiery Dance, Flame Charge, Flash, Flatter, Geomancy, Growl, Harden, Iron Defense, Kinesis, Leer, Memento, Metal Sound, Minimize, Nasty Plot, Noble Roar, Play Nice, Quiver Dance, Rapid Spin, Rock Polish, Sand Attack, Scary Face, Screech, Smokescreen, Steel Wing, String Shot, Sweet Scent, Tail Glow, Tail Whip, Tar Shot, Tearful Look, Tickle, Toxic Thread, Withdraw

But here's the output for /nms !lowers attack, all:
Acid, Acid Armor, Acid Spray, Agility, Amnesia, Ancient Power, Apple Acid, Aromatic Mist, Aura Wheel, Autotomize, Barrier, Bubble, Bubble Beam, Bug Buzz, Bulk Up, Bulldoze, Calm Mind, Captivate, Charge, Charge Beam, Clangorous Soul, Coaching, Coil, Confide, Constrict, Cosmic Power, Cotton Guard, Cotton Spore, Crunch, Crush Claw, Decorate, Defend Order, Defense Curl, Diamond Storm, Double Team, Dragon Dance, Drum Beating, Earth Power, Eerie Impulse, Electroweb, Energy Ball, Extreme Evoboost, Fake Tears, Fiery Dance, Fire Lash, Flame Charge, Flash, Flash Cannon, Flatter, Focus Blast, Geomancy, Glaciate, Grav Apple, Growth, Harden, Hone Claws, Howl, Icy Wind, Iron Defense, Iron Tail, Kinesis, Leaf Tornado, Leer, Liquidation, Low Sweep, Luster Purge, Meditate, Metal Claw, Metal Sound, Meteor Mash, Minimize, Mirror Shot, Mist Ball, Moonblast, Mud Bomb, Mud Shot, Mud-Slap, Muddy Water, Mystical Fire, Nasty Plot, Night Daze, No Retreat, Octazooka, Ominous Wind, Power-Up Punch, Psychic, Quiver Dance, Rapid Spin, Razor Shell, Rock Polish, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Sand Attack, Scary Face, Screech, Seed Flare, Shadow Ball, Shadow Bone, Sharpen, Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Silver Wind, Skitter Smack, Smokescreen, Snarl, Spirit Break, Steel Wing, String Shot, Struggle Bug, Swagger, Sweet Scent, Swords Dance, Tail Glow, Tail Whip, Tar Shot, Toxic Thread, Withdraw, Work Up

First, it seems as if it only draws from a pool of stat-changing moves. That's not really interesting in and of itself, and it's probably intentional.
Second, you'll notice that the move "Acid" (among others) doesn't appear in the !boosts attack result, but it does in the other. As a refresher, Acid has a "10% chance to lower the foe(s) Sp. Def by 1." That means it doesn't boost attack. It doesn't lower attack either, so it makes sense that it appears in the result for !lowers attack.
While I don't know every move that changes stats (and I don't have an easy way of going about finding which ones do or don't), it seems that !lowers is working correctly (if we assume that returning only stat-changing moves is correct) while !boosts is not.

One more example:
1598047252100.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see urkerab's post below (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)