Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 295502

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1234615862-7miyclpwtxxd8i57iw8nfxofkwfrtzkpw

Hello, in this game, my opponent was able to see i had a Zoroark, without i used it, without damages taken, just when i sent him to the battle. I told it to Mia, who said i can post it here.
Illusion works based on the Pokemon in the 6th slot. So, in Random Battle, Zoroark is set to the level of the 6th Pokemon to make it effective. Dedenne was in the 6th slot in your battle. You swapped Dedenne and Genger, putting Gengar in the 6th slot. Thus automatically revealing you have Zoroark due to its level being different to Gengar. Not a bug; you simply didn't consider how Illusion works.

All my teams got moved to gen6ou_____ in the pic I attached I alr changed the top few teams but I have over 300 teams so if there's a quick fix to this i'd appreciate it over having to put them all back myself

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Apologies for not grabbing the screenshot cause I’m on mobile at work, but Dynamaxed Weather Ball in the sun lists the name of the move as Max Strike when selecting a move even though its effects, move description, Max Move effect, and damage are all correct. Not so much a bug as a tiny textual oversight.

found it in this game, even though it’s not too helpful cause I didn’t actually get the moves screen grab, but shows that when my Dmaxed Cherrim used Max Flare, everything was still working right. The move was just listed for me as Max Strike with a red move box and the correct description.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

1609022212445.png

Katy

Banned deucer.
I was in a NU roomtour and I watched a battle from the outsider perspective and as soon as the battle ended, this message popped up:

1606924766223.png
Not sure if that is normal or not, but I feel like that's a lot of messages telling me the same thing 3 or 4 times.
PS: I assume the replays where hidden in that NU Roomtour, but regardless, this shouldn't pop up that often, If I'm correct.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
I noticed that when you dynamax now, it changes the typing of max guard to the typing of the original move it's derived from. Is that intentional? I've heard conflicting reports about whether this is intentional or not, so I'm not completely sure if it's a bug or was made to be like this on purpose.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by MacChaeger

1606966519588.png

1606966531564.png

Attachments

For the longest time, I haven't been getting any battle sounds from the web client version of showdown. I am using chrome and have made sure that the tab and game sliders are not muted. I went to the site on both firefox and my phone browser with the same account and they both game me battle sounds. I have had this issue for about 2-3 months hoping it would fix itself with no luck. I can't really post a screenshot of the issue as it is sound related, but I hope I can receive some assistance with this.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, fixed by the user hard refreshing

Umbreon in [Gen5] ubers- uses its BW move learnset, not its B2W2 moveset (give a level 22 umbreon confuze ray, will get error saying it cant learn it when in B2W2 it learns it at level 17, this is because in the OG BW it cant learn confuze ray until level 29, but the meta of [Gen 5] ubers- is B2W2

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY (Dawn of Ares)

In recent days I've gotten these links staying in on my profile, despite not quitting out of the battle rooms shown in the screenshot. It can be as long as it wants, and I have no idea why it happened. I'll also note I've taken 2 losses from the ladder after opening the browser for no reason at all. The links are gone, but the bug still stays there so I'll eventually take another loss after posting this. Anyway screenshot belo to showcase me having the link to the battle, but it doesn't show up at the showdown tabs..
Skjermbilde 2020-12-05 kl. 16.14.36.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika I think? idk

Hi,

So I tried to use /nick [my name] with an emoji, which didn't work. However, the strange thing is, when I subsequently posted in a chat (Lobby), I was blocked from messaging because my username apparently "Contains emojis, which this room doesn't allow." even though the emoji wasn't visible in my name at all.

I am guessing the server believed I had an emoji in my name, albeit not being displayed in my name.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, particularly the emoji attempted to be used; I can't reproduce with a boat (⛵) (DaWoblefet)

[ Context video ] Weird "d" glitch In teambuilder. It is the same on every Mon, except the illegal moves list because of different learn sets of course. Move also doesn't work in [gen8] custom game. [ Context video ]

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, the replay doesn't work and this is apparently a teambuilder glitch anyway? (DaWoblefet)

Does anyone else consistently get this behavior in the client? I can't select a team initially.

>Open Showdown client
>Click Format dropdown
>Select Sw/Sh Doubles OU
>Team: Random Team (Can't even click button)
>Click Format dropdown
>Select Gen7 Doubles OU
>Team: Gen7OU MainTeam
>Click Format dropdown
>Select Sw/Sh Doubles OU again
>Team: Gen8 MainTeam

Takes me forever to get going :psygrump:

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) - not exactly sure what causes it, but I get it infrequently too (DaWoblefet)

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
On mobile the PS settings for "show PMs in chat rooms" and "automatically start timer" have not been working the past few days. I noticed the PM one not working when hosting a minigame in Trivia, however, block PMs worked. It could be a Chrome thing on my end, but not sure.
Screenshot_20201207-085320_Chrome.jpg

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

Pressure is not affecting max moves, but when hovering over your pokemon it appears as though it does. As far as I'm aware, pressure should affect max moves.
Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 11.39.40 AM.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by urkerab

Gengar able to switch out after Thunder Cage is used on it.
The move was used and the chat even said it was trapped, but then it was withdrawn, and there is confirmation from the other user that there was not the normal restriction that you see.
replay at https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1239252111-uxi25xlaihnams2kkrm81nfisji6xt2pw

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, As has been said below by p0ip0le, Ghost types can't be trapped. (Dawn of Ares)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1239815630

volt absorb is bug when i use dissable the oponents healt is cured

and also pain split too dont work properly

it happen on the turn 7

i think is cuz the interaction betwen plasma fist

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Plasma Fists turn all normal type moves into electric type for the turn, including status moves. (Dawn of Ares)

Givrix

Mad Dog
is a Top Tiering Contributor
As I said here a few minutes ago, there's a misconception of how shell bell really work in doubles battle, and how it's coded on PS.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1238805731-n0lnco03obk76z6n7ddt7n9cobtmes3pw
I will talk about turn 4, because it's the easiest turn to see the problem. I made 3 0hko with mind blown, the shell bell has restored 19% of the blacephalon life. Considered shell bell proc and restores 1/8 of the damage dealt on all the targets, and if we assume that all Pokemon has 31ivs 0evs on hp:

Tapu Lele: 281hp
281*1/8=35
Entei: 371hp
371*1/8=46
Landorus: 319hp
319*1/8=39
35+46+39=120

Blacephalon: 247hp
120/247*100=48,5%

Blacephalon shouldn't just recover 19% of its health lol

BUG STATUS: FIXED by urkerab

If the name of a player contains asterisks, it causes visual bugs in the battle window, where words that should not be bolded becomes just that. See an example below:
1607638321086.png

I believe the problem can also happen with names with underscores or other formatting characters.
Also happens in the replay viewer: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1241235188

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) see also this report of the same bug (DaWoblefet)

I think that there is a bug with the order of your team/illusion on zoroark. Sometimes partway through the game I will send out zoroark and it will disguise as a pokemon that isn't in my last slot. Then the visual will switch and the pokemon that it disguised as will swap to last in the order of my team.

Here is an example replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1241325326

In this replay I have regieleki as last in my generic team builder, and I also pick it to be last at the start of the match. You can see on turn 19 I send out zeraora and it disguises as hippowdon. Once I send in the real hippowdon on turn 21, the order that showdown displays swaps and hippowdon moves to last.

This issue doesn't always happen but it feels like it comes up ~10% of the time. Not sure the best way to reproduce

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, The order of your team changes constantly depending on what Pokemon you switch in. Therefore, your Pokemon in the last slot will change if you switch it in. You can see the actual order of your party at any time by looking below the moves. (Dawn of Ares)

I was locked out of all my moves except for nasty plot on galarian-moltres. It occurred on turn 4, (but I paid it no mind because it was the play I wanted to make) and later on turn 8 (when I grabbed the screenshot). I was able to Dynamax to ignore the problem, but it persisted when Dynamax ended. Opp confirmed there was no encore, or tricking a choice item, or any other reason I can think of that would lock me out of my other moves.

Screenshot:
https://imgur.com/a/pvNh4No

Replay:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021-1241679569-enyrq7kfmscfk3kv0mqtg7i49jyn6afpw

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, the Moltres was holding Choice Band for whatever reason (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)