Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Pokemon Showdown always shows the Pokemon appearing out of normal Pokeballs when they are sent out in battle, even if a Pokeball is illegal for their moveset. This is important because some move are locked to specific Pokeballs, for example Pokemon in Cherish Balls may have event moves but be unable to have certain egg moves or past gen exclusive moves. Thus, what Pokeball a Pokemon is in is a source of information about what set it may be running.

BUG STATUS: WRONG PLACE, this is moreso a suggestion, which you can show support for here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/visible-poké-ball-information.3650620/ (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here's something I'm quite annoyed with.
Every time I try to open up PS, I keep getting this:
Screenshot (23).png

And when I try to sign into my PS account, it also says this:
Cannot Sign In.PNG

I want to know why this is happening and how I can fix it. Please let me know how!
P.S. If anybody else is running with a valid login key, then this might be a bug for me only. If not, then it might not be a bug. Also, this won't end. It also keeps switching my background every time I reset the page, so it validates me as not logged in.
Also don't worry about the open tabs in the first screenshot, that's just what my computer looks like :D
BUG STATUS: FIXED

The new feature "events aliases" is cool, but I don't know if it was planned to appear so
1590961026546.png

I imagine it was supposed to looks like before when there is no aliases
Only a "aesthetic" report so

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika to no longer display if the event has no aliases (DaWoblefet)

If you select "ignore opponent" then hover over your pokemon you can't see their moves. (My apologies for not having the mouse cursor visible, but if you look at Toxepex's outline in the selection screen you can see that I'm hovering over it.)
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 10.43.50 PM.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by pre

queso

too cheesy
is a Tiering Contributor
1591078227057.png

hovering over my avatar says my rating is 1399, while the message in the chat logs say it was at 1400 before the battle ended (i had no new games before start and end of the battle).

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Good evening. This isn't really a major technical bug but I don't feel like it belongs to the suggestions either, so posting here.
Please make the "event aliases" column disappear when there are no aliases, it just leaves an empty column that makes the whole roomevents table even more cluttered than it already was. Thanks!

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika to no longer display if the event has no aliases (DaWoblefet)

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
There seems to be a visual glitch when the opponent switches into or sends in another pokemon. There are two asterisks before the name of the pokemon that my opponent switches into.
Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 4.00.22 PM.png

Here, it shows (**Hoopa-Unbound) instead of (Hoopa-Unbound).
This glitch doesn't happen in the replay, only in the actual battle.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1125686982

Here's the link, if it could help in any way.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT), looks like it's interpreting the ** as bold; here's a more obvious example of it in this replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1169407695 (DaWoblefet)

After you and Photon Geyser

When After you is used in conjunction with Photon Geyser it prevents the move's secondary effect of bypassing abilities...

In the first case what should be a KO on Mimikyu (yes I checked damage calcs, Life orb Photon Geyser in Psychic terrain should do ~104% to ~123%) only breaks the Disguise ability (resulting in a loss in the battle for me) https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1125720205

The second case I get help to test this on a Sturdy Sawk, as you see it also fails to KO.... at the same time on turn 2 you see Photon Geyser kill of Mimikyu through it's Disguise ability proving that the bug is not with Mimikyu's ability or with Photon Geyser... instead something about After you prevents the "Mold Breaker" effect https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen82v2doubles-1125744194

As of yet I have not tested for any of the other Mold Breaker moves (Sunsteel Strike, or Moongeist Beam) nor their Z move counterparts.... it might also be useful to test and see if it prevents other moves with secondary effects (Nuzzle for example)

BUG STATUS: FIXED by urkerab

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ever since Pokemon Games was renamed yesterday to include the accent over the e in Pokemon, it moves to the front of my roomlist whenever I open the page/refresh, no matter where it was when I closed PS!/refreshed.

Screenshot_22.png

This is how I keep my rooms typically, with everything from THP to Scavengers on the left, and everything else on the right.

Screenshot_21.png

This is how the rooms are ordered whenever I open PS!/reload, with all rooms on the right and, as of yesterday, Pokemon Games moving to the far right.

BUG STATUS: FIXED (it was renamed back without the diacritic)

hey there, i was playing shared power random, and a trace gardevoir was on my team, when i used her, the trace ability literally broked the match, all the abilitys traced just stayed on my team, and somehow, my opponent got a trace ability too, so many things started to spam on the battle chat, and when he played a pokemon, insttantly i got the ability, without put the pokemon with trace back...

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1126600291

Sry for my bad english too... i hope you understand :3

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, while obviously the behavior is weird here, Shared Power + Random Battle were never intended to be used together, so this behavior, while unexpected, is basically undefined and as a result won't be fixed (DaWoblefet)

hey there, i was playing shared power random, and a trace gardevoir was on my team
I assume this is a custom challenge format by mashing random battles with shared power? Trace has never been able to be shared. Unfortunately the mechanics of Shared Power were changed; previously there used to be restricted Abilities which were never shared, but in the current version they are simply banned. Naturally this doesn't affect random battles, so those will just crash as you observed...

Note to self: if I ever implement Gen 8 Shared Power random battles on ROM, I many need to prevent Trace, Receiver and Mirror Armor from being shared.

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
I was lurking in the ps dev room earlier and randomly clicked on DaWoblefet's name and noticed a visual bug that showed him as a global admin instead of leader when he only has & on the sim.

https://imgur.com/a/c3yBbBl

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this was part of the Upper Staff rank consolidation (DaWoblefet)

Hey guys, It happened a bug between my Noivern and the opponent's Zeraora, which my Noivern's Boomburst healed the opponent's pokemon.
I took a look at the Volt Absorb ability, and it doesn't mention healing based on sound moves.

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1127249015
Turn: 5

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG - Plasma Fists + Normal Move = Electric (HoeenHero)

Propeller tail ignores Ally Switch. On turn 4 I (the Barraskewda player) targetted the Venusaur slot with bounce. They Ally switched with Clefairy. On turn 5 the Barraskewda attacked the Clefairy. I was told to post this here. Could someone tell me if this is a bug? I checked whether it had the right ability, whether I really targetted the Venusaur and what other people thought about this. Hopefully someone call clear this up!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1127382010-1e52tjritaijchp4wk3zr4l5t6vja2qpw

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG. Stalwart etc. only ignore Ally Switch on their second turn, not on their first (DaWoblefet)

Propeller tail ignores Ally Switch. On turn 4 I (the Barraskewda player) targetted the Venusaur slot with bounce. They Ally switched with Clefairy. On turn 5 the Barraskewda attacked the Clefairy. I was told to post this here. Could someone tell me if this is a bug? I checked whether it had the right ability, whether I really targetted the Venusaur and what other people thought about this. Hopefully someone call clear this up!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1127382010-1e52tjritaijchp4wk3zr4l5t6vja2qpw
Oh, I'm pretty sure Ally Switch is not actually considered a form of redirection!
The main thing Propeller Tail does for you is making sure you target the same "slot" no matter what - so if Clefairy stayed in the same place but used Follow Me, your Bounce would still have hit Venusaur. But in this case, you did hit the same slot, which is what was supposed to happen - it's just that a different Pokémon was in it.
The game doesn't actually track what Pokémon you're targeting, only what space you're targeting; a move like Follow Me makes you target a different space, not a different Pokémon, and that's what Propeller Tail is supposed to prevent.
To put it another way, suppose that Venusaur had fainted on the first turn of Bounce or switched out on the second, so the other player put a different Pokémon in its place edit: or even if Venusaur hard-switched out on the first turn and hard-switched in on the second, but it happened to end up on the other side. As far as the game is concerned, nothing has changed - Barraskewda was instructed to hit whatever was standing in that spot, not to hit Venusaur. Clefairy using Ally Switch is basically the same thing as that: Venusaur has "switched out" to be replaced by Clefairy, and Clefairy has "switched out" to be replaced by Venusaur, but your Pokémon's move hasn't been affected at all, and that means Propeller Tail has no reason to activate.
(Hopefully that makes some sense? I'm not sure how well I'm explaining it, haha.)

EDIT: nope, this is wrong! Thank you Dawn of ares for the correction!

Last edited:

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Oh, I'm pretty sure Ally Switch is not actually considered a form of redirection!
The main thing Propeller Tail does for you is making sure you target the same "slot" no matter what - so if Clefairy stayed in the same place but used Follow Me, your Bounce would still have hit Venusaur. But in this case, you did hit the same slot, which is what was supposed to happen - it's just that a different Pokémon was in it.
The game doesn't actually track what Pokémon you're targeting, only what space you're targeting; a move like Follow Me makes you target a different space, not a different Pokémon, and that's what Propeller Tail is supposed to prevent.
To put it another way, suppose that Venusaur had fainted on the first turn of Bounce or switched out on the second, so the other player put a different Pokémon in its place edit: or even if Venusaur hard-switched out on the first turn and hard-switched in on the second, but it happened to end up on the other side. As far as the game is concerned, nothing has changed - Barraskewda was instructed to hit whatever was standing in that spot, not to hit Venusaur. Clefairy using Ally Switch is basically the same thing as that: Venusaur has "switched out" to be replaced by Clefairy, and Clefairy has "switched out" to be replaced by Venusaur, but your Pokémon's move hasn't been affected at all, and that means Propeller Tail has no reason to activate.
(Hopefully that makes some sense? I'm not sure how well I'm explaining it, haha.)
Incorrect. Its likely that the ally switch didn't apply to the next turn to proc propeller tail, the barraskewda hit the clefairy instead of the venusaur. As I mentioned in help, I'm not sure if this is intentional.

Wasn't able to save a replay sorry. But after Milotic used Life Dew, the text said "the opposing Milotic was at full HP" as opposed to Melmetal.
Bug.PNG

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)