Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I had thought of that, but I thought all Dittos had Metal Powder in their sets? It definitely looked like it was taking Metal Powder damage from Swampert's EQ.
Ditto can now carry either Metal Powder or Quick Claw in gen3 randoms. You can check the relevant code here by searching for "Ditto".

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Double-post for strange, minor bugs of my own with the /randbats command. If you do /randbats [pokemon], [generation] for a generation where the Pokemon doesn't exist in randbats, you get inconsistent results. I didn't test with every Pokemon for sanity.

If the randbats gen is 8, and the Pokemon doesn't exist in gen8 rands, I consistently got the correct "no moves data", whether the mon was cut, CAP, eternamax, etc.

If the randbats gen is 1, and the Pokemon is a gen2 mon like Ho-Oh, correct message.

If the randbats gen is 1, and the Pokemon is a gen3/4/5/6/7/8 mon, the command defaults to the most recent valid movepool (e.g. Sceptile's gen 3 movepool), and you have to click the "Randomized moves" tab before seeing that.

If the randbats gen is 2, and the Pokemon is a gen3/4/5/6/7/8 mon, correct message.

If the randbats gen is 3/4/5/6/7, and the Pokemon is from a later gen, it defaults to the most recent valid movepool (e.g. Serperior's gen 4 movepool), but doesn't have a "Randomized moves" tab you have to click.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why we cant have more than 510 EVS in gen6 pure hackmon
Screenshot_20200730-143629.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, that's how it works in Gen 6 hackmons (DaWoblefet)

Cheezy

ripples on a blank shore
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Aromatherapy doesn't proc Sap Sipper and give the 1.5x attack boost.
Turn 7: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1160920945

Pulled from Bulbapedia
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sap_Sipper_(Ability)
Generation VI onward
Aromatherapy now activates Sap Sipper of allies.

Clip of Aromatherapy activating sap sipper in Gen 6.

I know it won't cure Goodra of toxic, but it should still proc the ability and give him the attack boost according to Bulbapedia.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by urkerab

1596243939320.png

This is incorrect; Weezing and Galar Weezing should have access to Zap Cannon and their other VC exclusive moves exclusively without their hidden abilities. They're a bit of a weird corner case. Pokemon Bank will only set a hidden ability flag on a pokemon when transferred from Gen 1 or 2 to Bank if it actually had a hidden ability in Gen 7. Otherwise, it doesn't set the flag. Koffing and Weezing from Gen 1 and 2 won't gain their hidden ability when transferred to home or SWSH. They keep their default ability and only have access to Levitate and Neutralizing Gas as a result. Evolving a Koffing into Galar Weezing will not change its ability from ability 0 or 1 to the HA.

As proof, here is a Koffing from Gen 2 I just evolved in my SWSH file. It has levitate. VC exclusive attacks are only available with non-HA Weezing and Galar Weezing (until we get the HA capsule in crown tundra at least)

1596244097984.png

1596244107025.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY (DaWoblefet)

Using whirlpool doesn't trap pokemon even if they aren't ghost types.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, particularly a replay (DaWoblefet)

In order to actually gain something from Triple Axel's possible misses, I've equipped Blunder Policy onto my Hitmontop. However, all Showdown said is that "the move hit 1 time" - it doesn't seem to count any "missing" into the equation.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this is exactly how it behaves on cartridge. You only get an "avoided the attack!" message if you miss the first Triple Axel. Hitting 1 or 2 times just cuts off the move early. Blunder Policy didn't activate because it doesn't display that the attack missed. (DaWoblefet)

In order to actually gain something from Triple Axel's possible misses, I've equipped Blunder Policy onto my Hitmontop. However, all Showdown said is that "the move hit 1 time" - it doesn't seem to count any "missing" into the equation.
Bulbapedia states that "Blunder Policy does not activate if a one-hit knockout move misses, if Triple Kick or Triple Axel ends early by failing their second or third accuracy check, or if a move misses due to a target being in the semi-invulnerable stage of a move.".
I haven't tested myself in the game but Showdown seems to follow that logic so I think it's fine.

The Switch sides button sometimes makes animations play even when animations are turned off.
(linked because I couldn't attach video to post (also cursor going off right near the left is me checking if it toggles the disable animations thing in settings thing for whatever reason and it does not)).
This happens and ends seemingly at random (Though it might end whenever there's a long pause without animations) or ends when I skip ahead in the battle.
I don't know of anything that would cause this outside of a bug (No custom CSS on psim.us with disabled animations and bw sprites turned on (but not bw sprites for past gens if that matters any)).

Edit: Forgot To specify that I was told to post this here (specifying incase it counts as unrelated)

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

The /events hover tooltip appears to be off. In the first screenshot, the tooltip says the even its in 4 hours 24 minutes when in fact it was in 24 minutes. The screenshot was taken at 6:36 pm EDT. The same 4 hour discrepancy was found looking at other events as well, including the last event in the list (reporting 8 days 20 hours, actually 8 days 16 hours). As well, the discrepancy is 4 hours even for users in other timezones, see the second screenshot.
1596667541104.png
ps_bug.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER), it's definitely 4 hours off (DaWoblefet)

1596679159253.png
in the list moves body slam is available (gen6lc) and

Im sure I've used body slam in munchlax in this gen

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point

Reporting two interactions I tested in-game but aren't implemented on Showdown:
  1. In an Intimidate vs Lash Out lead (e.g. Incineroar vs Tyranitar), Lash Out doubles in damage on the first turn, despite Intimidate occuring on effectively "turn 0". This double in damage also applies with Defiant boosting the attack stat after Intimidate, such as with Obstagoon.
  2. In the event of an Intimidate vs Defiant lead (e.g. Incineroar vs Obstagoon) Burning Jealousy also burns the Defiant-boosted target on the first turn in similar "turn 0" circumstances.
BUG STATUS: FIXED by MacChaeger

AllTerrainVen0moth

Banned deucer.
The Bulky Pivot set for Beheeyem in SS includes the option to use Nasty Plot over teleport.

If it doesnt have a move to switch it out, it isnt a pivot.

BUG STATUS: WRONG PLACE, as stated, this would belong in the C&C forum, if at all (DaWoblefet)

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
The top right and beside the chatbox shows that I'm idle/busy, but this isn't the case as you can see from the userlist.

Edit: I can't seem to do so, but I'll see what I could do. It could probably be some weird one time thing though.

Edit 2: I figured it out. If you disconnect and reconnect while having the busy status, and you use the /back command, that would happen. Probably has something to do with the fact that /busy no longer grays out the names in the same places.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Annika

Attachments

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
This doesn't seem to be the case for replay, I tried saving it and it wasn't the same, but my opponent nicknamed their Pokemon after various Digimon that were available on April Fools and this changed their menu sprites when they were sent out.

1597176704674.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)