Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey so i batteld a guy on gen8 random and i killed his salamance and after that he had another one i checked if he had zoroark but he didnt
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1325858026-66cxyu5km5ntjird0gwy7un9mgw7ehppw - battle
Turn 7, Salamence uses dark pulse. Dark pulse is not a move salamence can learn, but it is a very common move for zoroark. Your opponet had 1 pokemon left at the end of the match that was unrevealed, and even said in chat they had zoroark. Pretty clearly, its zoroark and as a result not a bug.

For future reference since you mentioned this is resolved, you have a couple of options here since you need to be hovering over the pokemon/move to show the tooltip. I'm assuming your using windows, but there are probably options like these for osx.
1. Use the prt sc button on your keyboard (if present) to screenshot your entire screen.
2. Use the keyboard shortcut windows key + left shift + s to start the built-in snip and sketch application, which will freeze your screen and allow you to drag to select a portion of it to screenshot.

We don't need to see your cursor specifically, rather we need to see the tooltips which are made of HTML and will be caught by screenshots.
Right now i have my mouse over garchomp and it doesn't display the tooltip(moves used and stats that garchomp has). This happens randomly, sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't. I don't know what kind of information you can get from this but here is image anyway:

-I have my mouse over garchomp, it is supposed to show the stats and moves used but it doesn't.
-This has been happening for a week now. It happens randomly, sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't.
-I am not using any stylish backgrounds(as you can see from background)

I did everything you told me, i took the screenshot and this is the result. Contact me back when you figure it out.
1619006097728.png

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, some people have been reporting this problem with "ignore opponents" or "ignore spectators" on - is that what's happening to you? (DaWoblefet)

Nezu edit: I have both of them off and it's still happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
two minor graphical bugs.

1.The players pkmn icons are too low.
2. Wrong name displayed in the chat boxes.

see how it shows the wrong opp name, its shows the name belonging to the left tab

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel (minimally, I, DaWoblefet, can't reproduce this and Zarel made a change between this post and time of edit)
is the fix live cause its still there or do fixes get compilled later

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, I still cannot reproduce this myself (DaWoblefet)

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
is the fix live cause its still there or do fixes get compilled later

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, I still cannot reproduce this myself (DaWoblefet)
I fixed your first problem, and the second isn't a bug at all. You can press the left and right arrow keys to switch chat boxes, and the text in the box just reflects that option. It's not telling you what the current chat window is named, just where that arrow will take you.

In a Gen 8 Random Battle, I had Lapras, which is always its G-Max form. However, instead of saying G-Max Resonance, Ice Beam was called Max Hailstorm when I G-Maxed Lapras. However, it correctly used G-Max Resonance, and it said G-Max Resonance in the chat log.
355E7251-4BE0-4AE2-B2A7-DC49E2BDA000.png
09B253AE-17B0-4C21-BB8D-4206471177FB.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by DaWoblefet

im not sure if this is a bug. meleotta looks pixily on the home screen. it fixes its self when i hover my mouse on it. but it gos back to pixily when i remove it
its a minor bug but its bothering me plz fix

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, like a screenshot, and what web browser you're using (DaWoblefet)
BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, I still can't reproduce this on Windows 10 Chrome, Edge, or Firefox, all with various levels of zoom. You're going to need to provide more details! (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

When trying to battle, sometimes it will have a random team for non-randomized formats, but it doesn't let you play.
Screenshot 2021-04-22 12.58.30 PM.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) - if you select the format dropdown before the page completes loading, you can replicate the issue (DaWoblefet)

Hey! I think this is a bug, was recommended by a member on the <<Help>> team on PS! Basically, whenever opponents forfeit in F4A and Soul-heart is on the field, it activates. I only have it in the one replay below.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1327011622-ht00ez0351ajofr36f9qomo1tqkywdepw

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, there isn't any cartridge-equivalent way of simulating forfeits of a single player in a Multi or FFA context, so it's implemented by having that side's Pokemon faint. I asked pyuk, one of the primary devs who worked on FFA, and this is considered to be an acceptable interaction. (DaWoblefet)

hey uhm like I was going one balanced Hackmons I saw a move called ex btw I saw it on goodra is is phiscal and 1 pp and ??? Type it was really werid
This is reproducible by typing anything that isn't a move name directly into the import/export field. If the format isn't one that allows illegal moves it just shows as invalid. Regardless of format it doesn't validate.
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 10.11.36 PM.png <- In a format that doesn't allow illegal moves.
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 10.12.26 PM.png<- In a format that allows illegal moves
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 10.13.07 PM.png<- Trying to validate it

Perish Song :
Perish Song, when boosted by prankster, works on Dark type pokemon, which shouldn't happen. You might think that's because it's a move that affects all pokemon on field so it interracts differently with Prankster but that isn't the case.
' Moves that target all Pokémon (except Perish Song and Rototiller, which cannot affect Dark-type opponents if boosted by Prankster) and entry hazard moves are successful regardless of the presence of Dark-type Pokémon. '
-from the Bulbapedia article on Prankster which can be found here.
Replay for the battle where this occured can be found here (Perish Song is used on the 15th turn).

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG - It appears that Bulbapedia is incorrect on this, at least for Gen 8. Tested against two Pokemon that aren't my allies, still isn't a bug. (Nol)

Burn shows up as halving the base power of a move when in reality it haves the damage, not the power

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG - There is currently no way to display predicted damage output, so showing halved base power is intentional. (Kris)

So why doesnt life orb show as multiplying power by 1.3?
-DIB

Last edited:
So I had a bug were in gen 4 OU I couldn't get dragon dance and aqua jet on Feraligator even though you can in the games by breeding a dragonite with a golduck and leveling up the dratini until it gets dragon dance and breeding it with a Totodile.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Dragonite can't get Aqua Jet as an egg move until gen 5, so this is impossible. (Dawn of Ares)

Perish Song :
Perish Song, when boosted by prankster, works on Dark type pokemon, which shouldn't happen. You might think that's because it's a move that affects all pokemon on field so it interracts differently with Prankster but that isn't the case.
' Moves that target all Pokémon (except Perish Song and Rototiller, which cannot affect Dark-type opponents if boosted by Prankster) and entry hazard moves are successful regardless of the presence of Dark-type Pokémon. '
-from the Bulbapedia article on Prankster which can be found here.
Replay for the battle where this occured can be found here (Perish Song is used on the 15th turn).

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG - It appears that Bulbapedia is incorrect on this, at least for Gen 8. Quiet 0 Speed IV Prankster Sableye vs three faster Pokemon (Nol)
Nol prankster-boosted moves work on dark type allies https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...chanics-research.3586701/page-31#post-7087057

:litwick: You are correct about that, I tested again against two dark type foes and got the same result though. Edited the post in question. Thank you!

This is on sports.psim.us, and I don't know if this interaction would ever be seen on the main pokemon showdown due to Runerigus and Mega Kanga never existing together in the same generation.

If Mega Kangaskhan takes Mummy, the 2nd hit from Parental bond still does 25% damage https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/sports-gen8nationaldexdlcdraft-394439. This is a known interaction from the games

In this match, Mega Kangaskhan taking Wandering Spirit makes the 2nd hit of Parental Bond become full power. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...raft-394361-ravuld1q0kxvlsym6pxyubcgeucvryupw

Even though Wandering Spirit and Parental Bond have never existed in the same generation, I feel like the interaction with Mummy should be the same as with Wandering Spirit. This feels like a bug to me.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by pyuk

Shell Side Arm should not give the animation/move category hint when attacking allies in doubles, as it does not show full animations in that case, and as far as I can tell there is no difference between the generic attack animations.
(hitting for physical video, hitting for special video, Slowbro has equal 145 atk/spa, Inteleon is -def)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublescustomgame-1328288206
EDIT: Also I noticed in that replay some minor debug messages about failing and doing nothing, probably about the poison chance. I think the message could be clearer since the move hasn't really failed, but that's just minor wording.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Sing Raichu-Alola is passing validator in VGC 2021, when it should be unobtainable. A Gen 8 Sing Pikachu event exists, but it is impossible to evolve Pikachu into Alolan Raichu in Gen 8. VGC 2021 restricts Pokemon to being obtained in Generation 8.

See also related bug with Double Kick Alolan Raichu.

Raichu-Alola
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 HP
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sing

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Last edited:
Reactions: R8
!recoil as a parameter for /ms is doing nothing. /ms recoil is working properly.
Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 11.33.08 PM.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER), it's the same way for all ! commands not functioning properly (DaWoblefet)

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I was messing around a bit in the builder this morning and found a validation discrepancy. Genesect could only learn endure via a non-shiny event before Sword and Shield, but can now learn the move via TR, allowing shiny Genesect to carry the move. The validator does not seem to have been updated for this, but the /learn command has been. I double checked on Serebii, just to confirm, and found the same result as the /learn command.

Photo evidence:
In builder, pre-validation
genesect-shiny-endure.png

/learn command
genesect-can-learn-tr.png

Validate button's message
rejected-gene.png

To add to the above report, Trick Room is still actually active despite not having an animation but if you use Trick Room while Trick Room is already active it will fail instead of reversing Trick Room.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1328664166 (dragonite at +0 speed goes before dragonite at +4, so Trick Room is active)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1328668390 (slowbro uses Trick Room twice then uses psychic before +2 speed dragonite, so Trick Room is still active)

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Zarel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)