Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appletun in game when using a rowap berry while having ripen takes 1/4 of the special attackers hp. But it just does the 1/8 really niche but I was making a meme team and noticed it didn't work

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, unless you've got a replay of the behavior where it's not dealing 1/4 HP (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can currently use Eternatus-Eternamax in Mythical Melee, even though it's unobtainable in game.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

According to bulbapedia:
Capturar.PNG

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1407494197

hopefully im not being ignorant but it wasnt stated anywhere in the page that its a specific interaction on certain gens.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Ghost-type Curse will fail if there's no available targets, but non-Ghost-type Curse won't fail like this. Bulbapedia's mistaken here (DaWoblefet)

aerobee

Pure Hackmons
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
On turn 21, Sleep Talk called a G-Max move; I'm pretty sure that they're counted as Max moves, though I could be wrong.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1378994236
Apologies if I'm not supposed to reply

I talked with DaWoblefet about Sleep Talk + Max Move interactions, and apparently in the actual games they (the literal hacked Max and G-Max Moves) can't be called.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER), for the Sleep Talk + hacked Max Move; nobody knows how to directly hack G-Max moves so the jury's still out on the earlier post (DaWoblefet)

PaGgnut

Massive nerd
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
If you send a message that cannot be sent to a room because of it having the high traffic mode, the slowchat activates, thus impeding you from sending a message as if the previous invalid one was sent to the room. I dont know if this is on purpose or a bug and I hope my description is clear, since I dont know how to provide evidence.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mia

Karthik

time heals all
is a Programmeris a Battle Simulator Moderator
The amount of times a multihit move hit is shown after the <USER> has won the battle! message. I'm not sure if it's whenever a multihit move is the last move used in a game or if it's because of rocky helmet damage ending this game.
I hid the usernames and elo from the image as this game was played on an alt and I don't want to reveal the name of said alt.
Screenshot 2021-09-02 192449.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mathy

Rezzo

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Pre-Contributor
In the teambuilder, if you build a Pokémon which runs two moves which alter Speed IVs, some funky behaviour can start happening. Clicking through the two moves below on a set I noticed this behaviour:

Screenshot_21.png

When clicking insde the "Hidden Power Fire" text box, Bronzong's Speed IV will be set to 30, and clicking inside the "Gyro Ball" textbox will set it back down to 2. This does keep the speed IV at a valid HP Fire number, however this number changes without alerting the user in any way which leads me to believe it's doing this by accident.

On top of that, because your IVs are not visible when selecting a move, it's impossible to observe this behaviour happening as it happens on the "EVs" panel while the "Moves" panel is what's visible while this number changes.

Hope what I've said is clear, just ping me if you need more info or for clarification on anything

e: This also happens for Hidden Powers that don't directly change the Speed IV from 31 (such as Ice).

e2: just to clarify and be as specific as I can: it's literally the action of "clicking" in the textbox that causes this to happen, even after both the moves have been added to the moveset. You can click back-and-forth to your heart's content and you'll see the IV jump up and down by itself on the EVs page.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

nya

its miyuki monday
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor
PS Admin
Noticed a few bugs with the daily overhauls from a few days ago.

Not really sure if the first one is a bug or an intended behaviour. (Sorry, I'll move to suggestions if it is). But in addition to dailies being sorted alphabetically, they also sort alphabetically within queue. (i.e. if a daily spotlight is "d" and then you queue "c", today's daily will overwrite and become "c" and "d" will be queued instead - which isn't useful at all, and seems to primarily just mess things up. Again, sorry if this is intended behaviour.

For an actual bug (but way less important), there's a typo in the "removed a daily spotlight" text.
[17:35] (Bidoof ❤ Princess successfully rmeoved the daily spotlight named 'd'.)

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mia

I have been using feraligatr with aqua jet and dragon dance. It has been working fine, but when I try playing now it says there is no possible father for him to learn those moves in combination. Here is an explanation for how it is possible.
Get a Female Dragonite, and a Male Golduck (Or another compatible parent) with Aqua Jet. Breed them. The baby Dratini should have Aqua Jet. Make sure it is male. Then, level it up until it learns Dragon Dance (Don't be afraid to evolve it). Breed it with a female Pokemon from the Totodile evolution line, and you should get a baby Totodile with both moves.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Prior to gen 5, this is impossible due to the Dratini line being unable to learn aqua jet through breeding. The validator correctly allows this in later gens. (Dawn of Ares)

Found a bug in the teambuilder's validator, specifically of the Gen 5 validator. I have a level 30 Magneton in a [Gen 5 OU] team, and it happens to be illegal because "Magneton's move Mirror Shot is learned at level 43." Which is false, because the minimum level it can learn it is level 25, as a Magnemite in B2W2.
1631192959476.png

1631192763738.png
My guess is that it's applying the Gen 4 validator here, since 43 is the lowest level Magnemite can learn Mirror Shot in that generation.

I also tried it with other Gen 5 formats, doesn't work. It's legal in Gen 6 formats, though.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY, this is a known bug (DaWoblefet)

Karthik

time heals all
is a Programmeris a Battle Simulator Moderator
1631241370610.png

This is ultimately minor for competitive play, but this legality assessment isn't quite accurate anymore now that some Gen 6+ legends are available in and can be transferred from Pokemon Go. Gen 6+ legends can have no perfect IVs now, though they follow some new legality requirements.

• HP, Atk, Def, SpAtk, SpDef all must be 21 or higher, and must be odd - Pokemon Go forces legendries to have IVs between 10-15 for their three stats of HP, Atk, and Def in that game. This turns into 21-31 in Gen 8; the PoGo IV is doubled and 1 is added on. Their IVs except speed will always be 21 or higher and odd.
  • Atk IV = SpAtk IV, Def IV - SpDef IV - The PoGo Attack and Defense IVs are used for both Attack in Defense stats in the mainline games, so those IVs will always be equal.
  • Speed is unrestricted - A transferred Pokemon's speed can be anything 0-31, as far as I've observed so far.

This is obviously incredibly low priority and mostly useless for everything competitive I can think of, but for total accuracy's sake, the legality checker should probably be running this second Pogo check if the normal 31x3 check fails.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY - Yup, GO legality is super annoying but this is correct. re: Speed, because Speed doesn't exist in GO, it's rolled on transfer, so yes, it can be anything 0-31. Also note that this is not (currently) applicable to gen 7 legendaries, and only to the gen 6/8 box legendaries. (Nol)

Last edited:
Documenting this on behalf of Test445:
They seem to have lost elo between these two battles https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1414613454 https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1414616820 for some reason, which is weird seeing as currently they have 5 won and 0 lost battles (according to /rank).
It couldn't really have been decay either, since only a few minutes passed between the two battles.
BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER, But it can't be fixed; ladder updated a loss (super delayed) between those battles, most likely, and that's just due to it being slow (Mia). -- :charizard-gmax:

Reactions: eu
Bug - If Rough Skin causes both the Pokémon with this ability and The attacking Pokémon faint , then the Pokémon with rough skin dies first.
But, According to bulbapedia , gen 4 onwards, if both attacker and the Pokémon with rough skin ability get fainted at the same time due to rough skin damage, then the attacker dies first , which should result in the victory of Pokémon with Rough Skin ability.
But , it isn't the case in the battle in screenshot 2.
Shedinja attacked the garchomp with ability rough skin , and instead of shedinja, garchomp dies first , resulting in shedinja's win.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see pokeblade101's post below; Shedinja should in fact win (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

pokeblade101

is a Community Contributor
RBTT Champion
Bug - If Rough Skin causes both the Pokémon with this ability and The attacking Pokémon faint , then the Pokémon with rough skin dies first.
But, According to bulbapedia , gen 4 onwards, if both attacker and the Pokémon with rough skin ability get fainted at the same time due to rough skin damage, then the attacker dies first , which should result in the victory of Pokémon with Rough Skin ability.
But , it isn't the case in the battle in screenshot 2.
Shedinja attacked the garchomp with ability rough skin , and instead of shedinja, garchomp dies first , resulting in shedinja's win.
Bulbapedia is wrong in this instance and probably forgot to update but the player with the Rough Skin Pokemon will lose if it is koed regardless of if its ability koed the foe or not (also tested on cartridge to confirm).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)