Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
1628381633869.png
Ladder thought i was 1000 rated (this happened right in the middle of a laddering session)
Edit: I was not the only one: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-1392287056-0xrpx5fxce7ctpuwf7gs7ed7iw5qj40pw

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER but this isn't a bug we can fix. The issue is that the ladder database didn't return a response quickly enough, so it assumed you were a fresh account. This is an intermittent lag thing that happens every so often. (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:
In Free-for-all battle, when using Acupressure, I'm able to target the opponent on the same side as me.

2021-08-09.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT), you can't actually target them, it just visually appears as if you can (DaWoblefet)

Hisuian Dylan

formerly CyberDCrest
Hey there! This is Trainer Saturn.

I set the battle timer for a VGC Series 10 tournament match to on (30 secs to make a move). jgmt disconnected with 10 seconds left but the server said he had a minute to reconnect & only gave him 10 secs. The player rejoined right after it he was disqualified for inactivity.

Battle Replay: Click Here For Match

Chat Screenshot:
1628564679382.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER), either the message is bugged, or the interaction between the VGC timer and the disconnect timer is bugged (DaWoblefet)

Hey, I was playing some randbats and found a visual glitch
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1393688366
after my opponents, Dynamax had finished when they switched out and back in their Mimikyu it had the size of a Dynamaxed Mimikyu ( ik the size staying has already been reported however the Mimikyu reverted back to normal after the dynamax's 3 turns had ended and only appeared as Dynamax size again once it switched out and back in again)
Screenshot 2021-08-10 15.15.15.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) we will never not get reports of this bug (DaWoblefet)

Hello, I found a miss in a Slowking set in Gen6 Battle Factory (RU). Only have 256 EVs, and I think that don'thave reason for this.
Screenshot (2).png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER (DaWoblefet)

The name of my Pokémon is not well writen in the chat because of these characters **
The parenthisis is written in the name of my Pokémon.
It occurs at every game

1628773920293.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) this is a known bug (DaWoblefet)

Bug to report. The move Assurance is not working as intended. The move definition is " Power doubles if the target has already taken damage this turn, other than direct damage from Belly Drum, confusion, Curse, or Pain Split. Z-Move Base Power: 120 ". However, in a battle, a Mega-Banette used pain split, and was killed due to the increase of power in the move.

Turn 18 of Battle: [Gen 8] National Dex AG replay: AWKWARDfrog vs. MrGryle - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)
IV/EV Spread of Goodra: Holding Expert Belt
HP 252
Att 136
SpA 120+
Spe-

Mega Banette EV:
HP 252
SpDef252+
SpA-

The calc for the intended Assurance power is 45-54%, yet it did 57% and killed the Bannette.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, the Banette was not that EV spread and the damage fell into the expected range for 60 BP (DaWoblefet)

Tranquility

If I can stop one heart from breaking
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Bug to report, Just switched main PS! accounts on my PC and I still get notifications from my old friends list, which results in notifications from people I haven't added yet and duplicates from people I have added on my new account.

1628824610363.png

1628824635811.png
[

I was getting notifications from a user not on my current accounts friend list

[20:19] Your friend Think~? has just connected!
[20:19] Your friend Think~? has just connected!

[21:12] Your friend Think~? has just connected!
[21:12] Your friend Think~? has just connected!

[21:18] Your friend Nol has just connected!
[21:18] Your friend Nol has just connected!

[21:41] Your friend 23Gz has just connected!
[21:41] Your friend 23Gz has just connected!

[21:51] Your friend Nol has just connected!
[21:51] Your friend Nol has just connected!

Here are some instances where I'd get duplicate notifications from people that were friends of both of my accounts.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mia

Hisuian Dylan

formerly CyberDCrest
Hey there! It is Trainer Saturn.

A user was asking a question in the Help room on Pokemon Showdown and a bug was found. When on Teambuilder and you select an item for a Pokemon, it will give you three categories: Specific, Popular, or All Items.

Example: Marowak's specific item is Thick Club

maro.png

The bug is that it doesn't offer the same option for the Alolan or Galarian forms.

Thick Club Not-Specific for Alolan Marowak:
maro-a.png

Leek Not-Specific for Galarian Farfetch'd:
far-g.png

To clarify, these Pokemon (like Galarian Farfetch'd) do not have these items when caught in-game. Like Dialga doesn't have the Adamant Orb in-game when caught (example:
dialga.png
. A Specific item is an item that is used exclusively for the designated Pokemon. This bug report will not include evolution-specific items or illegal items & pokemon in Gen 8.

List of Pokemon Without List of Specific Items:

Regular:

All Pikachu Regional Forms - Light Ball
Genesect - Drives (selecting a version of Genesect will auto-select the respective drive)
Silvally - [TYPE] Memory (selecting a version of Silvally will auto-select the respective memory)
Giratina - Griseous Orb (selecting Giratina-Origin will auto-select Griseous Orb)
Zacian - Rusted Sword (selecting Zacian-Crowned will auto-select Rusted Sword)
Zamazenta - Rusted Shield (selecting Zamazenta-Shield will auto-select Rusted Shield)

A player doesn't have to use these items due to form changes but they are still specific for these Pokemon and should be listed as such like the other items. Some players like to see their options in one place (like Genesect or Silvally) when choosing an item.

Alolan Forms:

Marowak - Thick Club

Galarian Forms:

Farfetch'd - Leek

BUG STATUS: FIXED by KarthikVGC

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
Beat up is not working in gen 3. First saw in this tournament replay, tested it myself and found the same thing. It seems to deal way less damage than it should, and the damage depends on which pokemon uses the move for some reason. I also heard that statused pokemon still attack which is not how it should work. Sorry to be a bother but this should be fixed asap, one of the biggest gen 3 tours of the year (callous invitational) is going on right now and beat up is used on Dugtrio and Charizard pretty often in the tier.

Edit, apperantly it works fine on smogtours, so it doesn't need done asap. Still needs fixed on main though.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

1629072635639.png

This command works in any chat, but typing it in PMs returns me with "it does not exist" - the same applies with /h hidejoins / !h hidejoins.

I would like to point out that it would be safe to assume there are few commands that can be broadcasted in main chatrooms, but not in PMs.

Some time back, I did report /user not working (and it got fixed), so just wanted to point out this common pattern.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, client-specific commands intentionally do not function in PMs. This would need to be a suggestion. (DaWoblefet)

Hope I'm right on this, but Emergency Exit currently isn't activating when the mon gets lowered below half HP from recoil. See here:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8customgame-1397459602

First section shows Emergency Exit working normally. Wished it back to full health, then demonstrated that using a recoil move did not cause emergency exit to activate. Then after wishing back up, showed it doesn't activate from struggle damage either. Tested this with life orb too and it doesn't activate. Not an issue with wish either as it didn't work from the off in another test.

Bulbapedia says it should activate from recoil, including struggle. My guess is since Emergency Exit won't activate from substitute, belly drum or confusion damage, all self-damage doesn't count towards Emergency Exit in the coding, which happened to catch recoil damage when it shouldn't have. Either that or Bulbapedia is wrong, but Smogon's own page doesn't mention recoil as stopping it so. https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/abilities/emergency-exit/

BUG STATUS: FIXED by KarthikVGC

Hello! I reported this before but Berserk Gene is still not working as intended in generations after Gen 2. The Unburden part of it was patched, but not the 256 turns of confusion.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, it can't exactly not be working "as intended" when the item doesn't exist after gen 2, so we don't know the actual way it would've worked. It's also important to note that in Pokemon Stadium 2, berserk gene confuses the user for the regular (random) amount of time, so you could also say that this behavior was the way it was intended to work. (Karthik)

Kinetic

my focus is UNPARALLELED
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
in gen 4 doubles ou, garchomp is unbanned, but garchomp is still banned due to sand veil
1629414754558.png

1629414773921.png

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, the Doubles Tier Leaders couldn't really come to an agreement about what should / shouldn't be banned in Gen 4 DOU, so until it gets hashed out it'll remain as-is (DaWoblefet)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Noticed a slight bug with Eject Pack. Intimidate forces you immediately out on PS, whereas on cart Drought activates before the item:

showdown | in game

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) this is a known bug, but thanks for the cart footage! (DaWoblefet)

So I tried to use Volcarona below its evolution level (59) given BW2 lets you capture a lv. 35 Volcarona in the Relic Castle. I was using Flame Body, its normal Ability. However, Showdown did not allow it, in neither of the three formats (Gen 5 Ubers, Gen 8 OU, NationalDex) I tried.
gen5.PNG

gen8.PNG

nationaldex.PNG
The user Electric Serge already mentioned it two months ago:
Edit: I forgot to mention the level 35 Volcarona in Relic Castle in my first draft. That also has the same issue as these two Pokemon.
This is not the only case regarding Volcarona though. For its Hidden Ability variant, Swarm, it should be allowed at Lv. 41 minimum from Gen 7 onward (since it can be rarely found via SOS chains of Larvestas, in Ultra Sun).

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY, there are a ton of bugs like this with BW2 move legality at lower levels (DaWoblefet)

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
My pangoro received 1.5x atk and spdef boosts from a flower gift cherrim in ffa rands. (it displayed it on its stats). dunno if this is visual or what, couldnt get a screenshot of it unfortunately

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) this is just a visual glitch (DaWoblefet)

nya

its miyuki monday
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor
PS Admin
Noticed a bug with /trn today where it failed to properly update if a space was present after a unicode character.

i.e. Bidoof ❤ Princess would not properly update but Bidoof ❤Princess would.

Not sure if this is a limitation of the system or a bug, so figured was worth mentioning here.

Edit: I did some more testing and this seems to only occur if the unicode character is both proceeded and succeeded by a space. (i.e. Bidoof❤ Princess would also work) and occurs on every name/device I've tried this on.

Also just realized i most likely didn't clarify well enough to begin with. On the sim itself it will rename you, but it won't set the proper formatting on your user+rank page/give you the proper formatting when you log in.

Since Mp4 links aren't compatible w/ smogon for whatever reason I've linked a youtube video of what I've been experiencing here. Hope this helps!

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, both Mia and I cannot reproduce this (DaWoblefet)

Bidoof Princess edit:
Adding an addendum to this. This only seems to occur with usernames 14 characters or longer. I have for a fact been able to replicate it with other usernames beyond mine + other users have been able to corroborate this for me. Really hoping this is a bug and not an inherent limit of the system. Character limit is 19, not 17, so I'm not really sure why two spaces and a heart are fucking things up. Thanks!

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Suppose you lead with Eject Pack (call it A) + B, with C in the back. If you choose to switch B to C, but the opponent switches in Intimidate before that switch resolves, A will trigger its Eject Pack and can switch to C, and then B will switch back to A.

But on Showdown, B's switch is canceled. You can see this in this replay with A being Toxapex, B being Bisharp, and C being Cinderace: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublescustomgame-1401115283

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

Paino

O' hallowed moon, take fire and scorch my foes!
On the website, depending on the type of device you have and the ad (mine is a galaxy S10) The ads on the screen completely cover the battle tab in the home menu, or hides the tier selection. At times even if you do refresh the same ad comes back, still blocking the play/tier select button and clicking "ad covers content" just removes the ad itself but not the box covering the ad (this situation) or just switchs to a new ad thats covering it

quick edit: friends have had the same problem on pc but ive only gotten it on phone

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO; I can't reproduce this on my Android phone. I asked Lobby if they were experiencing this bug, and I had several people reply that they weren't either. I'll ask around and see if I can find more people like it to figure out what's causing the overlap.

In the case here, it appears the ad didn't even load at all. I wonder if there's some ad-blocking going on that's messing with stuff maybe?
(DaWoblefet)

its no ad blocking, i got the ad that was covering the battle tab and clicked the X on the top right then ad covered content, but instead of loading another ad it just loaded nothing. at times it just doesnt change to another ad and says "ad closed by google" while covering the content. I've had othet situations with the same ad covered battle tab situation, but this was the first i screenshoted. I asked help twice before (ive gotten it more times than 3) and got no answer so I just put it here. (paino)

Attachments

Last edited:
GC staff has noticed that /topusers doesn't work for game corner, particularly towards the end of the month. It seems to work at the beginning of the month, so maybe it has to do with the amount of lines users have in gc?
1629661596484.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER, but there's nothing we can really do here.
I investigated further and could not reproduce this locally. The issue, as far as I can tell, is uhtml uses chat messages, which this script looks for, so it reads all the html into memory. I programmed it to only use up to a certain amount of memory, and if it hits or exceeds that, it throws an error, and down the line whatever it does return is used. From the fact it only happens at the beginning of the month, and the frequency / size of GC HTML messages, it leads me to believe the issue is the memory cap. There's... no real way to fix this, GC HTML is just too big. (Mia)
-- :charizard-gmax:

I believe I have found a bug regarding Transform/Imposter and Battle Bond. According to Bulbapedia:
Screenshot_20210822-190019_(1).png
However, Battle Bond still forces Water Shuriken to hit thrice at 20 bp as seen here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexag-1401886798 Ik that this replay on its own doesnt prove anything, but I tried it out many times, so unless I have great luck, its always hitting thrice. It is also shown in-battle that Ditto's Water Shuriken is being boosted to 20 bp by Battle Bond.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by pacmanboss, though I doubt PS will implement Ash-Greninja causing Pokemon to disappear! (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)