Bug Thread

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bugs. They're everywhere. They're in your house, under the sea, on your plate, and in your games! Let's discuss our daily lives with em!

Today in my experience with bugs: a fucking dumbass moth divebombed into my eyelid and died this morning. It hurt like hell, mofo really made sure to dodge my glasses for maximum damage. I blinked at just the right time!

In future bug experiences: I haven't eaten any in a long time. And no, I'm not talking about lobsters (though those are bugs too!), I mean INSECTS! IDK why, I used to like eating roasted crickets as a snack, and chocolate covered ants too! But man, what I really want to try is a fried cockroach. Look at this thing!

That's a fried cockroach served sushi style. It apparently tastes like chicken! Honestly if it weren't for the appendages, you could think that was just some crispy meat on rice! But that's a bit plain, so there's something else I've wanted to try...

ANT AND SCORPIAN PIZZA

Here's an article on the pizza. Honestly the honey and stuff, IDK that's really what I'm into for pizza, but the scorpion tasting like a potato chip sounds really nice (and it's probably a bazillion times healthier than one lmao), and I already like ants. I'd totally be cool with ants as a pizza topping, way better than anchovies at least!

On a less tasty and more ponderous thought about bugs: lets talk about Super Mario Maker 2. Lately, I've been making levels with weird mechanics, such as jump detectors, entity limit checkpoints, music levels that connect Mario Maker 1 and 2, etc. However, I have to admit that I wish Nintendo didn't take down levels that used interesting bugs such as hyperspeed, because that would give me more potential to experiment with some interesting ideas. At the very least, games like Super Mario 64 are made even better by their bugs, so I find that Mario games have an interesting relationship with bugs!

Finally, before y'all post, let's talk about a big bug:
Arthropleura

Holy shit that's a big fucking bug. You thought centipedes were freaky? Well good thing you didn't live about 300 million years ago, when these mofos were munching on plants in rain forests!

Holy shit that's a big fucking bug. You thought centipedes were freaky? Well good thing you didn't live about 300 million years ago, when these mofos were munching on plants in rain forests!
Now, theoretically, if this were to come back from extinction, how much of an effect would this have on humans? Would you be crying in the corner? Would anarchy soon arrive?

1621653510862.png

Also I really love monarch butterflies for no specific reason. Honestly, anything bug with a 3 stage evo- wait.

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
When I was younger I had an irrational fear of mosquitos. The idea of them landing on me and sucking my blood was just really, really horrible for 7 year old me. I used to fantasise about going outside wearing a full suit of plate armour to avoid being bitten

I lived in England back then, though, and had never actually been bitten by a mosquito. Fast forward to now. During the summer we get a metric shit ton of mosquitos buzzing around our porch, especially during the evening, but I'm too lazy to be scared of them so I just let them suck my blood. Mosquito bites aren't really that bad honestly; flea bites are 100% worse since they're itchier and last longer (~4 days, twice as long as a mosquito bite) imo, and its harder to get rid of fleas because the little fucking bastards refuse to be squished like the rest of polite bug society

Also tics are vile. My dog constantly gets them because he likes to stick his stupid rat face into long grass. You can get them the size of a thumbnail here, which may not sound like a lot, but when its attached to the size of your dogs chin and you accidentally touch it while stroking him you'll realise just how massive the fucking things are. Once one dropped off him and started crawling around on my floor, which was also vile. Tics go right at the bottom of the insect tier list, but because the fun police said no more tier lists I gotta make do with just calling them pieces of shit and moving on with my life

Another random memory that popped into my head; for one of our year 8 biology classes we had to figure out the minimum amount of bugs we'd need to eat in order to survive. Had a little chart with the insects and their nutritional content and everything. I don't remember what bugs were the most nutritional, but I do remember my answer was "just eat a load of rice and like, a few centipedes or something"

Anyways fuck mosquitos, fuck fleas, fuck tics and fuck ants

Hello everyone, we haven't had a BUG thread in quite some time, so here's a fun place where we can all share some thoughts and some laughs, make a friend or remember a past friend, and most of all just "bug out in the forums" BUGGIN OUT Live by the bug, win by the bug! Bug isn't a type it's a lifestyle!!!!! the BUG type has no weaknesses. Only trainers have weaknesses. The most common? Not using BUG the BUG is BACK...and just as you've remembered him...FULL THROTTLE the BUG shall ride again!! if you don't know the power of BUG, I will teach you from a bug...to a legend! from a legend...to a BUG you can silence a bug... ...but you can't silence truth! what is a bug? can it distilled into words? Is it a feeling? A bug is the wind in your hair. A bug is the twinkle in the birds eye. A bug is the sparkle on every snowflake. A bug is in your eyelid BUG grows in popularity by the day - as it should! the BUG shall ride again!! Undefeated record as always. CAN NO ONE STOP THESE BUGS they think they can beat the BUG? are they new here? I wouldn't test a BUG if you don't want trouble...I wouldn't test a BUG at all! Every BUG has his day My time is now and my price is BUG BUGS in the wind..............BUGS in the saddle this BUG has no name. That BUG? BUGS HARD BUG about the house! BUG upside a mouse! BUG to east! BUG to the west! BUG to the left! BUG up and down! BUG in your area! BUG AROUND TOWN as time passes, BUG grows stronger a dream of BUG - a dream come true some BUGs are looking for a beautiful home. other BUGS make a home beautiful!! I will be updating frequently with updates and my thoughts on a variety of issues. You won't want to miss it so bookmrak this thread for all your BUG content, it makes you laugh, it makes you think tra scending the realm of the mortal to become one with the ladn of BUG and bounty! this BUG, that BUG, which BUG? HAT BUG uncontrollable BUG....POWER When you shut down a BUG thread, 2 rise to replace it! Battles lost are irrelevant! BUG wins every war! BUGGBUGBUGBGUBGUBGUBGUGB "Questions Saturday" What is your favorite sound a BUG can make? Me: buzz B is for the way, it ought to be U is for the only you, I see G is very very, very - extraordinary S is for the bugs that love to run and laugh and hug and BUGS - are what the world ought to be There are some bugs with wings that are not flying type. But there are no flying type bugs that don't have wings Everyone's heard the phrase "good and plenty" but have you heard of..."bugs are plenty" IT'S ALWAYS A GOOD DAY IN "THE LAND OF THE BUG" SIR THANK YOU Best BUG in the NATION! bug backwards spells "gub" a nonsense word BUG BUG all the time! all places! I can name at least 10 bugs that beat a rock or flying type 100% of the time I don't like the formats where people know they're playing me before they play me. They construct anti-BUG teams specifically to counter my strategies. Anyone can win if they know their opponent's strategy before the game taking care of BUGNESS (business) Let's all come together, as one, and make this thread...THE THREAD for engaging, exciting, thoughtful and fun discussion of BUG the BUG is back! let's...talk...about..... ... BUG! my BUG is your BUG, and your BUG is my BUG what am I doing? BUGGIN OUT do I get bored of bug? do you get bored of air? get lost first and foremost, the BUG. Second, a gamer. Lastly, a WINNER daily thought of BUG - "ya!" BUG is a word! they speak the words ut don't know the menaning....of BUG! ug - noun - that which is...BUGGY yesterday I posted a typo. The post shoulld have started with the word "bug" not "ug" Free topic for discussion - what makes each bug, a bug? Is it his legs or his antenna "WA WA WA WA WA" when I think about BUG I get so excited....I just start to exclaim!! BUGGIN the best I can now a return to BUG we can all improve if we try. let's all be 10% better. and the thread will thrive! top of the BUG to you (it's like "top of the mornign to you") mid day bug robotic bugs, sometimes called ROBUGS, spotted heading west, coming soon....BIG BUG THINGS,, coming soon thoughts aplenty....plent of...thoughts on BUG, on life,"what does it all mean"? "well, sire" "it's BUG TOWN now' let's all think about BUG, today, every day BUG O METER is going off the chart! "oh yeah!" I'll get the ball rolling... BUG FOREVER oh yeah! Looking forward to great discussion of BUG, fun, and the memories that are sure to follow You will often hear the phrase "bugs of the seas" thrown around in relation to crustaceans. The mariners of yore surely considered a lobster to be like a scorpion, as you allude. But are they really? It's difficult to say. Until we have a concrete answer, the best rule to consider is that if they look like bugs, they might well BE bugs. If they don't look like bugs, they must not be. A whole thread exists for my reports! "bug reports"! what's BUG got to do, got to do with it? what's BUG, but a sweet old fashioned WINNER! weekend BUG,,,BUG of all seasons....and days of week! ONE BUG TO RULE THEM ALL the BUG type has no weaknesses. Only trainers have weaknesses. The most common? Not using BUG Every BUG has one thing in common .... You know what they say...This Bug's got claws! If a bug lives on a mountain, is he always hiking or never hiking? "buggy wuggy buggy wuggy" a low sound in the distance....growing louder...coming closer philosphy is nothing more than what I am thinking, when I;m not being a gamer BUG of the YEAR! The average panda is a below average BUG, so far as WITS are concerned those who would tell you otherwise, LIE GRATUITOUSLY, and should be placed in a CABIN! don't tread on my BUG! when you star into the eyes of a bug...what do you see? wahat do you feel!? BUG REPORTS are not what they are claimed to BE! ooooh! I'm worked up! BUG is the name, BUG is the game. get ready for a lot of this! "it's freewheeling fun!" Any questions the BUG cries out - the world hears a cry - but was it the right BUG? BUGS speak their own language around the world, we don't understand it but we can infer it's meaning based on context, provided we study itc orrectly jolly music plays "buggin around, the christmas tree, have a buggy hol-i-daY" BUGGIN OUT, ABOVE, OVER, BEYOND, AND MOST OF ALL....THROUGH time itself is a bug, i bow to no bug, "oh yeah' never stop dreaming of a better future. never stop reaching for the light of the moon!

EDIT: Minor text fixes.
This is my tribute to the BUG that no one has beaten. If only he were here to see this thread today

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got a story about these assholes. You think Lady Bugs are cute? Well fuck them, they infested my god dam house a decade ago! It was a harsh winter, and they managed to worm their way through the attic, and into my room. My dog and cat went nuts over killing them, and as it turns out, a house is not a great environment for ladybugs, because they started dying by the hundreds.

This sucked, because ladybugs STINK when they die. And these fuckers were everywhere. Cockroaches? No big deal. Ladybugs? Pain in the ass to exterminate, I have a grudge against them just for that infestation!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)