Mafia vs Village Build Your OWN Mafia 2.0 - Postgame and voting

Deadline is called early because the relevant people have locked in their actions.

Ya'll wake up one beautiful morning to find only a single body.

Dear Pidge, aka Fortnight Burger

you are a rootin-tootin cowboy

Yee haw

During the night, you may target a player. That player will be lasso'd, causing their night action to fail. Additionally, if the targeted player had at least 1 vote on them the previous day and at least 4 other players use their night action on them, you will form a VIGILANTE MOB and kill the player. Of course a mob can’t be coordinated. So at least two of those players must not be on your faction.

You are allied with the Gelatinous Boys. You will win once nothing can stop you from doing so.
Happy about that, you then go on to lynch his last remaining friend.

Dear OM room aka Jirachite

You are the Marvelous Miss Director

Role: Pick two aliases. Those aliases will redirect to each other.
Pick another two aliases. Those aliases will swap roles for the night

You are allied with the Gelatinous Boys. You will win once nothing can stop you from doing so.
With that, the Gelatinous Boys have been defeated! Thus, the Purple Dancing Rats have emerged victorious!

The remaining folks stand around clapping

Dear Moody aka William Minerva,

You are the Miller Vig

Initially, you appear as a member of the Mafia to all inspections! However, if you are able to survive until N3, you will gain the ability to try and kill someone every night.

You are allied with the Purple Dancing Rats . You win when all threats to the Village are eliminated.
Dear Leonard aka RIP boiling water. You will be mist.
Dear DLE aka Back in Australia, my puns are high koala-tea!

You are the King of Games. You play with a deck of cards and a somewhat different set of rules.

Card List Including Errata

You have a hand size of 6. Every turn you will draw up to your hand size (unless you played cards previously allowing you to draw past it). You may choose to discard one card per turn. Your deck consists of one copy of every card. You will randomly draw one card of each suit (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple) at the start of the game. You may elect to stack your deck each turn, choosing up to two different suits to draw from. For instance, if you have 2 cards in your hand, you will draw four, and may choose two of those cards to be from the red and blue suits (if those suits still have cards in your deck).

You start the first night with 3 energy. Cards cost energy to use. You regain all energy and gain 1 maximum energy at the start of each day cycle. You may use cards the cards with bold names in the sheet during the day (and only during the day). These are only green and red cards and they only interact with the lynch, so this shouldn't be too confusing. If you use energy during the day, that energy or those cards do not recharge for the night cycle.

You have 12 HP. All* other players have 6 HP. All* other night kills and lynches do 6 damage. *These things apply to all things unless on a case by case basis the host decides they aren't. When a user takes damage, they will be alerted that they have lost X HP and that they have Y left. You may deal damage on N0, but if you somehow kill someone, it will be negated and they will be left with 1 HP.

You are allied with the Purple Dancing Rats . You win when all threats to the Village are eliminated.
Dear Hitmonleet aka Jerry Rice-a-roni,

You are a Citizen

You're fucking lit lmao

At night you may visit a player, learning who they visit, who visited them, their alignment, their role, and a copy of their feedback

You are allied with the Village. You win when all threats to the Village are eliminated.

Turns out you are Donald Trump. Which makes since because you would only play in the greatest game of mafia ever.
Dear Stealthbomber vooper aka Purple Masquerader,

You are the Clearer

Select an alias per night. Their alignment will be spread to a random 2 people of the same alignment.

Dear Aura Guardian aka Hyrule,

You are a 4 person bus driver

Think a square: all actions targeting person a target b, actions targeting person b target person c, actions targeting person c target person d, actions targeting person d target person a. You CAN target yourself as one of these four people.

When you die, every action's target (including kills) is randomized for the next night.This portion of your role PM is NOT revealed when you die.

Dear Ullar aka Nutcrush,

You are a Neighborizer! In general, this role is pretty pointless for an OC, but don't worry! Your neighborhoods weirdly impact the votes of the user you target!

You may neighborize someone once per night by submitting "Neighborize USER" to this Role PM.

-You will create a neighborhood with them that will be created with the host.
-Depending on their alignment, you will either steal their vote or give them one.
-If they are allied with majority town faction, you will steal their vote! You will not be notified of this, but they will!
-If they are allied with mafia or a neutral faction, you will give them 1 vote! You will not be notified of this, but they will!

Three times per game, you may submit "Steal Vote: X". This can be done at night or in the day. If you submit it during the night, then it will be publicly revealed that this alias's votes were stolen, but not who did so! You will learn how many votes you gain from this.

You will also steal whatever items this target may have, but this information will be only known to you and the target.

Dear Apricity aka praiserufflets,

You are the Boring harem anime protagonist

This role was probably submitted by some weeb asshole, good luck in your quest to take vengeance on them.

You have no relevant ability, but because you're so dense every Hook targeting you will fail.

-----------

This is the actual role pm, obtained by inspect roles or revealed to the player if they are targeted by a hook. If the player tries submitting any action his actual role would be capable of, it will succeed

You are the Overpowered amnesiac protagonist

You have plot armor, and as such the first time you would die, you will survive.
Additionally, because you are so busted Hooks, Redirects as well as Bodyguard and Safeguard effects will fail to affect you.
Your vote counts for 2 in the lynch.
Once every night or day cycle you may send in Hook/Roleblock Alias or User to cause all actions they would take to fail.
Once every day you may secretly redirect target User's vote to target Alias.
Once every night you may send in Inspect target Alias and receive their full role pm.
Once every night you may send in Self-watch to be informed of every alias targeting you that night.
In addition, Pidge earns the 2nd victory slot by having guessed correctly (or nearly enough) all 21 PR's.

Moody - Everyone is awful at this game expect you
DLE - Amph, Oddish and Ullar are under your protection and you must make sure they are kept innocent and free of bad influences
Oddish - The players Ampharos and Ullar are your siblings. You are the oldest. Thus, you are their boss and can tell them what to do.
Rssp - The wonderful and enlightening game of mafia is *only* for the most sophisticated of fellows.
Hitmonleet - Turns out you are Donald Trump. Which makes since because you would only play in the greatest game of mafia ever.
Flyhn - This game is amazing and the best game ever made in the history of things ever made
Stealth/Vooper - People who fail to use proper grammar are so annoying and need to be corrected constantly.
Duskfall - You can communicate only in pictures and emojis
Jalmont - No ONE can know your secret. You must make absolutely certain that no one ever learns what you are hiding. But maybe they do know. But if they did that would be awful.
Aura Guardian - Putin is THE man. Which is cool because Putin is you. You’ve heard your ‘friend’ Trump is here and just want to keep tabs on him.
Ullar - The players Ampharos and Oddish are your sworn enemies that must be destroyed at all costs.
Zorbees - You are the real village leader
Inferno - Must convert all posts through google translate to Japanese, then English, then Japanese, then English, then Japanese, Then English (so that they are horribly distorted).
Apricity - Swear words are bad (Host note: which clearly he was able to follow to an absolute T)

Nuxl - You are the greatest mafia player that has ever and will ever live. Too bad you've never actually played before.

Leonard - You think Nickleback is actually severely underrated
Ampharos - The players Oddish and Ullar are your siblings. You are the youngest and are *insanely* jealous that they get all the good roles, the attention of your parents and basically everything good.
Heal - You are a student. Short on time and attention span. You don't have any time for people who make long, rambling posts after all, you have an essay you need to turn in
Pidge - No vowels were found in your alphabet soup. So oh well, guess you don't like them.
Von - You secretly love anime, but publicly you state it's for nerds and that you hate it. Because it's n-n-not like you like it or anything
OM room - OMG, the world is about to like, totally end and we’ll all like, die or something

But that's not all, we still have one more winner amongst us.

Everyone now gets to vote! (Stealthbomber16 is also welcome to vote) for who they thought emulated their PR the best Funniest, most dedicated, most accurate, etc. You may not vote for yourself. The winner of the vote will also be declared winner of the game. People have 48 hours to vote then the 3rd and final winner will be declared. (For those who are scrolling, PR list is above).

Otherwise congrats to town and DLE for being good at chess. Postgame will be up later tonight.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Anime Sucks Mafia Postgame

Dear Flyhn,
You are Cory in the House Sucks
You are a jester. You win if you get lynched.
Flyhn never talked to me about the game and never posted about it, but he won when he was lynched on Day 1. Therefore, I give him the MVP award JALMONT pinging you so you can write that down for your article.

Dear nuxl,
You are Kiss x Sis Sucks
You are the lone member of the mafia.
Nuxl was really overconfident. He thought the game would be very easy for him to win. But he never got a chance to kill anyone, so in the end he was a real fucking bad player actually.

Dear apricity
You are One Piece Sucks.
You are a cop on the village.
Apricity thought the game was real funny at first, but didn't want people to play the game for some reason, probably because he remembered that he likes anime and knew he would be godkilled before I would allow him to win. Still, as the good cop, he knew that Flyhn wasn't mafia, and should have at least tried to do something about it.

Dear healndeal
You are Naruto Sucks
You are a cop on the village.
Heal was a little confused at first as to what a cop was, but when he figured it out on his own, he targeted Flyhn. What he didn't know was that he was the paranoid cop, so he was overeager to vote for Flyhn. This is 5 Cop! You can't trust your results man!

Dear OM room
You are Dragonball Z Sucks
You are a village cop.
OM room was the naive cop, but I guess I forgot that, so when he targeted apricity, I told him that apricity was scum. As a result, that's who he voted for.

Dear Ullar,
You are Squirrel and Hedgehog Sucks
You are a mafia goon with nuxl
Ullar was added at the last minute because I forget that he signed up. No one noticed that I never changed the game from being 5 Cop, so he was obviously mafia. Not sure why he voted for Flyhn, but he threw the game for his team as a result.

Dear Hitmonleet,
You are obscure patrician anime Legend of the Galactic Heroes Sucks
You are a village cop.
Hitmonleet was the insane cop and his result said that nuxl wasn't scum. Never did much in the game though. His loss I guess.

So that's Anime Sucks Mafia. I'm glad we could all come together and agree that anime sucks. I'm gonna go watch Yuru Camp now.

ok guys this was a blast to play. i invested a lot of energy into this and i'm glad to see town win!!

quick shoutouts to:
moody for carrying me with actions the last 3 days basically, village couldn't have won without you. also for making my role which ended up being hilarious
dle for literally making this win possible by playing chess well
all the people i nearly mislynched on day 1/2 (ullar, aura, moody, jalmont, fuck this list is way too long, sorry folks)
von for moling the [redacted] out of me day 1
everyone who believed me on d1 even though you honestly didn't have a good reason to

i have a pretty good perspective of what happened from village side of things this game, but former's doing a postgame and i think he saw everything so i look forward to reading that!

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
This game made me grow as a person, for I now know how to kind of play Japanese chess.

I wish the bone king had won :pirate:
my game overall:

roleblocked BY NAME n0
couldn't get my action on OM room, the only person who i knew at the time that could multitarget n1
universally roleblocked n2 after being motivated, meaning i could curse someone else
by the time it worked n3 I was redirected after sheeping town n2 and leading hal to believe i was working with maf who already basically lost in the first place

getting inspected n0-n2 insta lost me the game fwiw LMFAO.

ggs. wasn't that invested and kinda hoped to just snowball but that never ended up happening due to unfortunate circumstances :pirate:

my game overall:

roleblocked BY NAME n0
couldn't get my action on OM room, the only person who i knew at the time that could multitarget n1
universally roleblocked n2 after being motivated, meaning i could curse someone else
by the time it worked n3 I was redirected after sheeping town n2 and leading hal to believe i was working with maf who already basically lost in the first place

getting inspected n0-n2 insta lost me the game fwiw LMFAO.

ggs. wasn't that invested and kinda hoped to just snowball but that never ended up happening due to unfortunate circumstances :pirate:
this was basically what happened to me. couldn't get behind the OC mechanic of the game because it's so unlike what im used to. would've probably stayed in if everything were in a central location.

the alias mechanic was neat, i guess, once i got used to it. just seemed unneededly complicated but it did add a needed level of protection for each player so that was pretty neat, i guess. didnt keep up with the game after i replaced out so i dunno if it ended up working or not.

thank you for hosting this however, and putting so much time into it. i definitely appreciate it and im stealing a few of these rolecards for a similar game on my home site. here were all of the role cards that i submitted, all also lifted from a similar game that i hosted on my home site. if you hadn't guessed, i enjoy these types of games quite a bit
Hitler
Gas everyone at night, making them die in a random amount of days ranging from 1 to 50.

Citizen
You're fucking lit lmao
At night you may visit a player, learning who they visit, who visited them, their alignment, their role, and a copy of their feedback.

Soul Thief
You may target a player at night, turning them into a stump.
You gain a "soul" of their ability.
Souls are two charge abilities of the role you stumped.
Souls count as items.

Stump
you have no soul
You can't do fuckin anything lmao
This role may not spawn naturally.
(Hidden) You gain a new role after the day.

Shaman
-Use the combined power of science and ancient healing arts to make someone use a random ability from any of the roles in the setup on a random player additionally to their regular night action for 2 nights, every night

Satan
Kill a player at night.

Thirsty Man
Ability: -Can Drink From His Water Bottle Every Night (unlimited charges, visits himself)
-Or Can Decide To Drink A Cold Drink (2 charges, visits himself and randomly kills someone if visited by someone else)
-Or Can Decide To Drink A Hot Drink (1 charge, visits himself and vote power increases to 2 for one day)
-Must Drink Something Every Night

Postgame

Game Design
So obviously, BYO's aren't designed to be very balanced. It's after all, a game where everyone submits roles of various powerlevels and then everything gets mashed together.

Off the bat, 7 people submitted roles that could vig. Some had conditions such as not being able to vig until N3 or until you guess a kill correctly. There were also a lot of strong information roles and control roles, with very little in the way of protective roles. With this in mind, I decided to have a single mafia and remove some of the kills so that mafia could attempt to outpace village with their lynch redirect, their redirection/role swapping shenanigans. Overall though, if I were to do this again, I would give myself more time to balance the roles and the factions as I don't think a few hours was enough time to go through everything.

That said, I think despite the lack of any real balance, every side had a real chance to win this.

Town
Town got amazingly cucked N0 when the mafia redirected Stealth/Vooper onto Moody. Because Moody was a miller, the mafia became informed that the alias William Minerva was a member of the mafia. In addition, because they had swapped AG and Heal, when leet inspected AG he ended up receiving Heals role PM and alignment.

This led to a lot of the lynch confusion D1 and honestly, I think if von hadn't been helping apricity, then town had a much higher chance of mislynching.

Speaking of which, town was unfortunately moled pretty early on and received most of the role information that town had. This was in part due to some terrific play by Von who earned hal's trust by helping to steer him onto lynching actual mafia members. While hal did catch at some point that some timing was awfully suspicious (he would say something to von about a person and a few minutes later that person would message hal), I don't think he would have caught on to von being mafia if the mafia's overall communication hadn't been so poor.

Beyond N1, town played pretty smoothly with some pretty solid night action play. They ended up suspecting Ullar for his role, despite the fact Ullar had publicly stolen the vote of a mafia member which was a bit ???

Re: Town's MVP. There's quite a few people to come to mind. But it would probably be DLE for his great chess play and steady hand guiding town leadership. But Moody and Leet are also great contenders. Moody for guiding town's actions for when it counted (and how he not so subtly tried to get hal to use his hidden role) and Leet for not following the instruction of town leadership, but somehow managing to get better results than if he had listened to them. I do want to note though, while Apricity had some good deductions, I think his paranoia and panic ultimately ended up putting town into a risky position. While he caught Von this time, I feel there's also a few cases where Von is town in that scenario and hal just creates additional paranoia and fear in town. (Evident as well when they were considering mislynching Ullar).

Mafia
Oh boy this mafia. I think overall role wise, they had a pretty good chance at victory. However what really didn't help, was by the time deadline was called N1, only one of them wasn't known to town. Because Stealth was redirected to Moody, Amph was one of the people who got the result that William Minerva was mafia. She unfortunately went to hal with this result, which outed her as mafia once stealth claimed.

Meanwhile, with the terrific heal/AG switch. Om room unfortunately claimed to hal and told him that he had swapped heal and AG. This, combined with Dusk's 50/50 of Jalmont and heal, really incriminated heal. I think overall OM room could have became town after that mishap, but because the mafia wanted to take attention off of heal, they had OM room go to hal saying there was a "host mistake" and tried to sway the lynch to be on OM room. Maybe this ultimately jinxed them because of the mistakes I did make, sadly most of them negatively impacted the mafia the most. From there, DLE used his day inspect on Leonard, which should have been blocked because Leonard was in the village, but I had mixed up Mist and Mina while telling the mafia their results and as a result Ampharos was announced to be in the village when it really should have been announced Leonard was.

Then came Von, Von was absolutely the mafia's star. Putting together most of the action plans and trying to propel the mafia forward. Sadly, some of his teammates just didn't really work that well with the group and as a result, the mafia didn't really try to coordinate claims at all. Leading in part to OM room's snafu. But perhaps the biggest error in the mafia's communication came between Von and Heal. Heal, for whatever reason, became absolutely convinced that inferno had his role and that his role (which wasn't submitted as a wolf) was a wolf. He in essence told this to von (which I semi intentionally overlooked), but Von logically didn't act on this. Heal then talked to I think dusk (who knew one of heal/jalmont was mafia) and told dusk he had told Von he thought he knew who the wolf was. Well, Von hadn't told hal this, because, why would mafia tell town they think they know who the wolf is if it doesn't benefit them. This led to a situation where von said he hadn't talked to heal and heal said he had. Something pretty manageable given the excuse of "I didn't realize what you were talking about" but this led hal to demand logs from Von. Well, Von actually had tried in the past to create fake logs with heal, but heal almost entirely ignored von and didn't participate.

From there, the mafia had a bit of a rough journey. They managed to cleverly use OM room's role to let pidge redirect Oddish and Jalmont to DESTROY each other. They then attempted to use von's role to let heal have multiple lynch redirects. Initially I was fine with this, I went back to von's role PM and read the 2nd paragraph and it didn't seem there was anything in that which would stop it. Unfortunately though, von had switched the words night/day in Flyhn's PM, making him think he was a day vig and shot at Von. While I was posting Von's PM, I once again read through it, this time in it's entirety and realized the 1st paragraph said the role could only effect night actions. Even then, because I had presumed it could work with day actions and the lynch redirect, I would have possibly allowed it. If it hadn't been for the fact that the insertion part of the role doesn't insert the word until the following night. So ultimately, I kept it at the per-text instruction which prevented both the night kill and von from dying. Ultimately, just a sad situation as the role creator (Pidge), the person who had the role (Von) and myself didn't really carefully read the role which would have prevented this snafu.

Even despite that all, mafia still had a decent chance of winning going into N3 (aka the hell night). During this night, a lot of contradictory actions happened that I resolved through RNG (an imperfect but fair way to resolve it). Initially, mafia won that RNG which would have meant that OM room was able to swap away Aura Guardians role. But unfortunately, Pidge had made the mistake of having Leonard martyr all actions from him to D38. Meaning that OM was able to swap AG's role, but that role went to D38 (and Flyhn) instead of pidge. Meaning that Leonard had his role stolen, then died. Pretty much sealing the deal for the mafia.

Overall, I'd probably say both the Mafia AND the overall game MVP is Von. His actions not only led to town being thoroughly moled, but his clever planning and word usage with his meme man role let the mafia still be competitive even after a few mishaps.

The Wolf
Not a ton to say here. A cool role I thought. But also rather weak initially (the base role was only able to curse). So I gave him some protection from inspect roles (largely, both dusk's role and stealth/voopers, and ullars, meaning only the full inspects would find out something was fishy). Also, because the game was thoroughly lacking any form of kill protection outside of BPV's, I gave the only doctor role in the game to the wolf. Which I thought would lead to him fitting comfortable inside town and bidding his time until he had the votes to declare victory.

Unfortunately for him, he was subject to some very unlucky night actions. Inferno randomly hooked him N0, then N1 his action failed because he was targeting someone in Jalmont's village then N2 the mafia fogged him, roleblocking him after town was nice enough to double his action. Then, there was the kind of hilarious mishap where Hal had asked Nuxl to try talking to von as if Nuxl was the wolf. Nuxl interpreted this as he'd been inspected and confessed to hal that he actually was a neutral. He finally managed to do something N3, where he racked up 3 votes from the kills. But that was too little too late and so he quickly bit the dust.

Most hilarious actions
  • Hal putting a miller role in the game thinking it would be hilarious to see it get instantly lynched. Then he proceeded to almost auto lynch that role D1.
  • DLE playing shogi against leonard, which would have leonards role with the chess one. But then AG switched the results on Leonard to DLE. Meaning DLE swapped his own role....to his own role.
  • N2 Stealth/Vooper inspected Ullar. But due to RNG, the town results went to two town members, and then thank to AG, got swapped to the mafia. If Leet hadn't inspected Ullar that night, I think town had a very strong chance of misvigging Ullar which would have severely hurt towns chances.
For those interested, these were all the actions in the game: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...SFo91ACRCMpowQrCRHkmaN1M4k/edit#gid=824148548

Also, please remember to vote for the 3rd place winner! As a reminder, here are all the PR's. Voting ends tonight!

Moody - Everyone is awful at this game expect you
DLE - Amph, Oddish and Ullar are under your protection and you must make sure they are kept innocent and free of bad influences
Oddish - The players Ampharos and Ullar are your siblings. You are the oldest. Thus, you are their boss and can tell them what to do.
Rssp - The wonderful and enlightening game of mafia is *only* for the most sophisticated of fellows.
Hitmonleet - Turns out you are Donald Trump. Which makes since because you would only play in the greatest game of mafia ever.
Flyhn - This game is amazing and the best game ever made in the history of things ever made
Stealth/Vooper - People who fail to use proper grammar are so annoying and need to be corrected constantly.
Duskfall - You can communicate only in pictures and emojis
Jalmont - No ONE can know your secret. You must make absolutely certain that no one ever learns what you are hiding. But maybe they do know. But if they did that would be awful.
Aura Guardian - Putin is THE man. Which is cool because Putin is you. You’ve heard your ‘friend’ Trump is here and just want to keep tabs on him.
Ullar - The players Ampharos and Oddish are your sworn enemies that must be destroyed at all costs.
Zorbees - You are the real village leader
Inferno - Must convert all posts through google translate to Japanese, then English, then Japanese, then English, then Japanese, Then English (so that they are horribly distorted).
Apricity - Swear words are bad (Host note: which clearly he was able to follow to an absolute T)

Nuxl - You are the greatest mafia player that has ever and will ever live. Too bad you've never actually played before.

Leonard - You think Nickleback is actually severely underrated
Ampharos - The players Oddish and Ullar are your siblings. You are the youngest and are *insanely* jealous that they get all the good roles, the attention of your parents and basically everything good.
Heal - You are a student. Short on time and attention span. You don't have any time for people who make long, rambling posts after all, you have an essay you need to turn in
Pidge - No vowels were found in your alphabet soup. So oh well, guess you don't like them.
Von - You secretly love anime, but publicly you state it's for nerds and that you hate it. Because it's n-n-not like you like it or anything
OM room - OMG, the world is about to like, totally end and we’ll all like, die or something
If you're on the tag list, Please send me your vote in your role PM

Vote Distribution

Nuxl II
Jalmont II
DLE II
Dusk I
Von I
OM room I

So uh, well then. There's a 3 way tie for 1st: Nuxl, Jalmont and DLE.

Meaning that because DLE and Jalmont have already won, Nuxl becomes the third winner of BYO 2.0.

The Casing of Hal:

i am here to show you why hal is scum. it is unacceptable for someone like him to be leading village when his alignment is all but confirmed to be town; and i wonder why we decided to let this guy in the leadership in the first place? it's unfortunate really. so many townsmen have died under his "leadership" and who can we blame? hal. because hal is scum and i am going to show it to you within the contents of this post.

alright so this post right here implies that hal
This post singlehandedly shouldve won nuxl the post restriction win

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)