Bulky OU RMT

I've been teambuilding for a while but most of the successful teams I've ran have relied on gimmicks to win matches (they still won matches) but the second time I face an opponent a salac destiny bond gallade or a sub dd lapras is just not sturdy enough to consistently win matches. However, I've been testing a pretty straightforward (still kind of strange) bulky offensive team and after some refining it is doing pretty well on the ladder. Here.

Celebi @ Lum Berry
Modest 76 HP 180 Speed 252 Sp. Atk

- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

While celebi is not the most common lead this is a pretty standard lead set. I chose Recover over a more standard status move but celebi never reliably toxic'd or t-wave'd anybody so I thought that I could give it some extra bulk for late game with recover. Leaf storm and Earth power are for hitting things very hard and stealth rock is pretty self explanatory. I thought Focus Sash would be necessary but Lum Berry is especially useful for smeargle leads which outspeed and cripple Celebi with spore. Aerodactyl and Bronzong leads are the only real problems here but they are handled on the switch.

Infernape @ Choice Band
Adamant 6 HP 252 Atk 252 Speed

- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- U turn

Banded Infernape is fast and hits thing really really hard. I wanted a bander but I didn't want something that was obviously banded like a mamoswine or a flygon. Plus banded close combats can end games when priority moves are no longer a concern. Flare blitz recoil is bad but its worth it in comparison to fire punch, which just does not hit hard enough. I had the set jolly but it didn't really outspeed anything significant so I went to adamant for power. The team is set up pretty well for Infernape to switch in like how celebi, dragonite and zapdos draw in ice moves (and celebi dark/bug moves) and there are a bunch of water and ground resistances so Infernape can switch out relatively easily as well.

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
Jolly 116 HP 252 Atk 142 Speed

- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extremespeed

Sweeper this is not. Dragonite is a utility used to score *wtf* ko's consistently. Its Ev'd to outspeed modest life orb or sub heatran and ohko with earthquake. It does not really KO much at full health. But Substitute on a switch, then D-Dance can get you surprise KO's on things like Mamoswine expecting to OHKO with ice shard. Yache Berry is used as an alternate method to get a D-dance off and extremespeed a weakened suicune or weavile. Fire punch was suggested for scizor but Zapdos pretty much counters the hell out of it so I took EQ's better coverage and power over Fire Punch's scizor elimination. Its strange and would probably be horrible in a team that didn't really work well with this Dragonite set.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Adamant 156 HP 148 Atk 206 Speed

- Substitute
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Para-Flinch (its a legitimate strategy). Paralysis is my favorite status to spread in the game and serene grace just makes it so much sweeter. Iron Head does reliable damage and flinching is useful.Wish passing can help the team and also add to the ridiculous survivability of the set. Substitute is to help prevent statuses and if Jirachi is going to be useless I can sub on a switch and wish pass to any teammate. Any Paraflinch set is great because you are going to almost always at least take out one poke before you go. But besides its haxy offense Wish and T-wave are great for supporting the team.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Calm 252 HP 120 Def 138 SpDef

- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf

This is probably the bog standard on this team. I chose it for the great typing in conjunction with this team. Having a Spinner and a Toxic Spiker is useful too. Mostly Spinning but T-spikes can save games. Also having an EQ weakness is nice when Celebi, D-nite and Zapdos can switch in rather easily and hit back hard. Surf and Sludge Bomb gives pretty good coverage as well.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold 248 HP 228 Def 34 Speed

- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Toxic

This Zapdos is also a pretty standard defensively oriented 'dos. Heat Wave makes Zapdos a hell of a scizor and breloom counter. Thunderbolt is for consistent stab damage. Roost is what makes this set so defensively oriented. Toxic and Pressure are great mechanisms for stalling out. Taking out scizor and breloom is the primary use for this set. However, stall wins thing late games. I had Hp grass for swampert but Toxic can take out some swampert as well and is just more useful overall.

Cro-sets have been giving this team some consistent trouble especially crocunes.

Thanks for the read. All comments are appreciated.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
I'd suggest a more offensive electric type for your team. Zapdos really slows down the pace of your team, and a Jolteon would provide much better offense. Here's the set:

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
4 hp/252 spa/252 spd
-Charge Beam
-Shadow Ball
-HP Grass
-Thunderbolt

This will keep up the tempo of your team, and provide a reliable set-up sweeper.

I'd change Earth Power on Celebi to HP Fire, for Roserade leads, Breloom leads, and to lure in Scizor and kill it.

Dragonite shouldn't be using a yache berry if it isn't using a STAB move, as 2x power Earthquake isn't near as powerful as Outrage. I'd try this set:

Dragonite @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
4 def/252 att/252 spd
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Extremespeed

Use Dragon Claw if you don't want to be locked in. This makes a better set-up sweeper than that set. Use Lum Berry if you want to block status. Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

i dont have a full rate right now (in fact, im not looking at anything other than one ev spread for the time being, on a set that you will probably want to change), but anyways. your dragonite spread is inefficient. running adamant with 116 hp, 120 atk, and 232 speed yields the same stats but with 40 leftover evs. like I said, I will probably end up telling you to change the set, but for the time being you can only gain from changing the spread.

Sprinkles.

My main problem with jolteon is his ground weakness. That would be three on the squad and lead to really easy dd-mence sweeps.
I'll test out hp fire on celebi for scizor and so it can do more damage to gengars.

Also I'll try out that moveset on dragonite with dragon claw over outrage but I'm going to use a different EV spread.

Thanks to Stathakis I'm probably going to change d-nite to adamant 116 HP 162 Atk and 232 Speed.

Thanks for the comments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)