Bummer's Art Shack

Loving the design on that, very thuggish with a consistent theme, the team really matches and makes sense. Though I kinda think his outfit makes him look a little too much like an engineer or something I guess? All around great work as usual though. Love poliwrath and kinglers expressions!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

based on a recent One Punch Man episode, replaced the relevant characters in the scene with Pokemon.

Though I kinda think his outfit makes him look a little too much like an engineer or something I guess?
Nuttin wrong with engineers, but I agree that his appearance is still rather general, so I'll look into making him stand out more. Also, making a note to replace Kingler with Muk, needed to replace at least one mon to make the team more in line with what you'd expect from a Rocket, and Kingler's pure Water typing sticks out, particularly so since 'Wrath also has that typing.

Yo Bummer
Idk where i shud ask and i dont like reading that kinda stuff on Professional websites. I wanted u to sugget me a cool graphic tablet. U actually really work with it and use it often. So you have to know which tablets are the best or solid ones right now. I really like to draw ( Check out my instagram @erz_art iirc, i posted like 1 pic but i thot id mention it ) on paper and i love using e.g. paint/paint.net etc. But im not very experianced with drawing on PC so i will need some help. But a suggestion for a graphic tablet would be a nice first step :x

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
colored it

Yo Bummer
Idk where i shud ask and i dont like reading that kinda stuff on Professional websites. I wanted u to sugget me a cool graphic tablet. U actually really work with it and use it often. So you have to know which tablets are the best or solid ones right now. I really like to draw ( Check out my instagram @erz_art iirc, i posted like 1 pic but i thot id mention it ) on paper and i love using e.g. paint/paint.net etc. But im not very experianced with drawing on PC so i will need some help. But a suggestion for a graphic tablet would be a nice first step :x
I use a Wacom Bamboo tablet, specifically the CTH-661 model. Can't really give much advice regarding the pros and cons of various models since my current one has kept itself alive for several years, but one doesn't need a huge tablet to make good digital art. My very first tablet was in comparison pretty small, but one can get around that by zooming in and out of the picture if finer brush strokes are becoming a problem.

kk thanks
And also, u cud add the the team rocket guy's sixth mon into the pic of himself, like a chimchar on his shoulder or something like that

Oooo, I really like that Ghost/Flying fakemon you make. Reminds me a lot of the Chocobo from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind when wearing their masks.

oh dude what the heck i didn't connect you and rare candy treatment until now for some reason. i remember binge reading all of it in one go. good stuff.
your art style is super expressive! it's got personality, if that makes any sense. i dig it a ton.
you do you, dude. eager to see more of your work.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yo bummer I'm working on a NU Old Gens Hub for the NU section and was hoping to get a banner done on it from you. You can use anything from any gen in NU http://www.smogon.com/dex/dp/formats/nu/ here is a list, BW / DP / RS are the tiers that are relevant. I was thinking you could do artwork from past generations for the Pokemon you choose or something along those lines. Frankly I have no idea what direction a banner like this should take aside from the generation artwork so I was thinking of leaving the direction up to you. You can include "NU Old Gens" if you want in the title but I leave it up to your discretion on what direction you want to take it.

Thanks in advance and I love all of your work!

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi bummer, I was wondering if you would mind doing the banner for the PU Circuit tournament, since you did a great job with the Fall seasonal! We decided that instead of getting a new piece of art for each seasonal, we would get one big piece for the entire circuit. Can we have the words 'PU Tournament Circuit' with the 4 different Sawsbuck forms on it, as the circuits are based off of the seasons.
Thanks!

That Persian in the RBY article looks very smug. Also, I saw that swamp trainer on DeviantArt, and he seems to be enjoying his days with those three Pokémon.

Reactions: nv

Bummer

Jamming to the beat

gonna copypaste what I wrote on my Tumblr

So since I’ve been home sick for quite a few days now, I figured I’d satisfy my need to play a new game by checking out @pokemonetherealgates demo of their Pokemon fan game of the same name. And as you may already have guessed, I reached the end of the demo and have a full team of bros to show for it! From top to bottom and left to right:

Birdbrain the Aerivore
Humbug the Peludillar
Pebbles the Oodode
Shanks the Opaby
Riptide the Hippotus (starter)
Funkyard the Magnut

While there was several stuff left to fix (because it’s a demo), it did feel like a genuine Pokemon game, so if you want to give it a go, here’s a link to one of the official download pages. Credit to the dev team for making such a fun experience with more to come, and I hope I haven’t forgotten any important details while drawing these critters!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Don't feel like posting this one in the fakemon thread just yet, so here's my current fakemon idea

First stage is based on the cymbal monkey toy who applauds performances, while the above stage is the actual performer. Greatest challenge is essentially trying to stay away from the Simisage/sear/pour lines, but since they have the bodybuild I need it's kind of hard not to think about them. Its typing is Electric/Fairy since my current theory is that the latter type not only includes myth and legends, but also idols and general showbusiness themes as well (See: Sylveon and Mr Mime).

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
As this suggests , your arts are unique in their own way and are one of the must sees ;3
Awesome art btw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)