TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM100 Confide

Analysis
Buzzwole, like the other ultra beasts has been subjected to such a strange stat spread, being incredible on the physical side of the game, both on the offensive and defensive sides of the spectrum, thanks to its stellar 107 HP in conjunction with its outstanding 137 Attack and Defense. Furthermore, it has been given a great moveset, thanks to STAB in Leech Life/Lunge/Fell Stinger, Superpower (why no close combat), amazing coverage moves in elemental punches, Earthquake and more, plus great utility moves in Taunt, Bulk Up and Roost. It is held back, however, by awful Special stats, in addition to a less than ideal Speed stat, meaning the plethora of Tapus floating around in the metagame posing a huge threat as things stand.

Potential Movesets:
Choice Scarf
Buzzwole @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leech Life/Lunge/Fell Stinger
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab/Thunder Punch/Stone Edge/Earthquake

Set Description
With a Jolly Nature and a Choice Scarf, Buzzwole can reach a speed stat of 423 which enables it to outspeeds threats such as Mega Lopunny, ScarfTran and Pheromosa. This, in combination with the Ultra Beasts' signature ability: Beast Boost, transforms Buzzwole into a terrifying sweeper with a pseudo-Moxie, in addition to sustain through Leech Life. Leech Life should be main stab, but Fell Stinger could be used for that extra attack boost; Superpower is standard fighting STAB; Ice Punch is mandatory in order to break through Landorus-T, Garchomp and Zapdos. Poison Jab is a great alternative to nail Clefable, Tapus and other fairies, while the other two moves are for Skarmory/Celesteela, Mega Zard and Toxapex/Aegislash respectively.

Stallbreaker
Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Careful Nature
- Leech Life/Superpower
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Taunt/Poison Jab/Toxic

Set Description
Buzzwole's average speed enables it to outspeed most threats on stall and its movepool is almost set up to defeat stall. Max SpDef and HP makes this mon as bulky as possible, thanks to its already monstrous defensive stat, and enables it to stall out mons such as Mega-Venusaur, Quagsire; while also being able to comfortably live Clefable's moonblast, a defensive Mega Altaria's Hyper Voice and even Mantine's Air Slash. The moveset is extremely variable, consisting of a main STAB (Leech Life isn't hard countered by Aegislash, but Superpower allows it to beat Skarm/Celesteela more easily), Bulk Up enabling it set up on Skarmory, Ferrothorn etc, Roost is obviously to make it hard to be beaten by passive mons. It's last move is the most changeable, with Taunt allowing it to prevent stallier mons from Roosting up/Whirlwinding, Poison Jab letting it break through the defensive fairies and Toxic to break down Quagsire. Even Greninja struggles to dent this thing and can be stalled out of Hydro Pumps which is absurd.

Conclusion
Despite competition currently from Pheromosa who undoubtedly won't remain in the tier, Buzzwole's incredible learnset will enable it to develop a definite niche in the OU tier and should be a dominant threat. While it is threatened out by most special attackers, and partially stopped by Pokemon like Toxapex, it has the tools to break through almost anything the meta can throw at it and it'll be difficult to find real counters, probably in a similar vein to Kyurem-B. All playstyles should prepare for this mon as the right set will blow them out of the water if slept on.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Albacore came up with roughly this set a few days ago, and I've found it to be very, very good.

Backbreaker (Buzzwole) @ Leftovers
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Leech Life / Poison Jab

Being able to deal with such monsters as Pheromosa, Kartana, Lopunny and countless other physically offensive threats is just brilliant. 100 speed EVs outpace max Mawile, max Attack ensures you clobber whatever youre countering, and the rest in HP + Buzz's stellar physical defense makes him very, very bulky. Roost is invaluable as a tank, Superpower for that powerful fighting STAB, Earthquake I think is totally necessary, otherwise Aegislash and Toxapex walk all over you, and it just kills your momentum. Ice Punch prevents flying types from having their way with you, Poison Jab is great for luring fairies, and and Leech Life is just a solid secondary STAB that can be used to heal up and grab Beast Boosts at the same time.

I think Roost + 3 Attacks is the way to go here. Choice scarf seems outclassed by Heracross. Close Combat, Megahorn, Moxie = Beast Boost, higher Speed, no Ice Punch but the other factors outweigh that imo. If Buzzwole got U-turn this would maybe be a different story. I like the idea of Taunt but I don't think it's great for much besides preventing Hippowdon from setting up rocks, you're still fodder for Mega Sableye, Scald burns, faster Rotom-W, Clefable just Moonblasts you, etc. Some Pokemon who would care about being Taunted you can just kill off with a Fighting move, like Heatran or Ferrothorn. It just doesn't seem super worth it to me. I guess it can anti-lead Stealth Rockers but you need a lot of Speed investment to beat defensive Lando-T or Garchomp (which Fire Blasts or recoils you to death).

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah Scarf screams inferior Heracross, and Scarf Hera alone has not really been the most revelation of mons for a while.

Bulky sets really suit this thing. Roost in its repitoire means it can pull some interesting shenanigans like Bulk Up or 3 attacks. Assault Vest seems -passable- since Leech Life gives it a Conkeldurr-like feel without access to priority, but a lot faster.

I think this would be mine:

- Roost
- Hammer Arm / Superpower
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab / Ice Punch

Superpower is okay if you really don't want Speed drops in some situations. If you KO with Superpower you can walk off with only -1 Def which isn't bad at all.

Basically this mon should play the strengths that Heracross lacks - not try to mimic inferior sets like Scarf IMO.

A Bulk Up + Three Attacks set could be pretty interesting if you want more offensive presence. I'm not sure about the EV Spread, either max HP + Attack or max HP + Special Defense seems like the way to go.

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def OR 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant / Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Leech Life
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Bulk Up is to set up. I used Hammer Arm over Superpower because the stat drops are counterproductive to such a set. If a better Fighting-type move can be found for such a set, I'll slash it. Leech Life is another STAB that is for sustain, and Ice Punch is for Landorus-T. There are other moves I could likely slash on this set.

Saw this set body half a team: Hammer Arm/Leech Life/Poison Jab/Roost with Leftovers.

Looked to be EV'd defensively. What it couldn't offensively recover through Leech Life, it Roosted on. Very surprising bulk.

Buzzwole @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant / Careful Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Leech Life
- Hammer Arm/Superpower
- Ice Punch

EVs are meant to enhance AV's utility and 4 Atk EVs ensure that Beast Boost works like Moxie.
Leech Life is for longevity; the STAB Fighting is for coverage. Rock Tomb nails Flying types and faster pokemon in general caught on the switch; it is often an unexpected move. Ice Punch is there for its good coverage.

Buzzwole @ Fightium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Hammer Arm
- Leech Life
- Ice Punch

You have a couple of choices to wreck shit up, either KO a bulky target with a powerful All out pummeling and then likely get a attack boost or use Z-Bulk up and get to +2/+1 in one turn. Evs allows it to be very powerful right off the bat and have decent special bulk.

Buzzwole Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful/ Nature
- Bulk Up
- Leech Life
- Earthquake/Thunder Punch
- Taunt

Stallbreaker Buzzwole. Leech Life to get life back, EQ hits steel, poison, and fire pokes wanting to give you trouble, Thunder Punch hits flying pokes (in this case Thunder Punch is preferred over Ice Punch because Buzzwole can take hits from pokes like Landorus and Gliscor with ease, while Thunder Punch hits Skarm and fat waters like Toxapex). Taunt screws with most defensive pokes.

BU doesn't really need Roost, it has almost no time to roost back it's life. Just go with Leech Life to get health back, this poke hits hard and goes to 471 Atk after one BU... without any Attack evs!

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 188 Atk / 12 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Leech Life

Didn't like the idea of using a breaker that repeatedly has to lower its stats to deal any real damage, so I decided to throw together a really cool set a while ago (like an hour ago) that I think has some serious potential. Idea is take advantage of the multitude of Substitute-bait 'Mons there are out there (think Sub M-Hera), proceed to Focus Punch, get the ball rolling with Beast Boost and start to break down defensive cores consisting of Toxipex/Aegi/Ferro/Rotom-W etc, by forcing an incredibly amount of switches and attaining boosts in the process.

The spread accomplishes a few things, firstly; 196 HP allows for crucial 101 HP Subs to prevent S-Toss from Chansey breaking, 12 SpD investment prevents 0-investment Toxapex Scald from breaking the sub, either forcing it to take a massive hit and waste Recovers, or switch out into what will likely be Focus Punch- or Earthquake-bait, the Spe investment creeps most Rotom-W out there and the rest is dumped into Atk for obvious reasons. Cannot overstate just how ridiculous this thing's physical bulk really is, and just how difficult it can be for passive/defensive 'Mons to break the Subs with physical attacks (for example, Def Lando-T cannot break the sub with Stone Edge, Gliscor's Earthquake has only a chance to break with good rolls, etc.). This shit can probably be optimised at a later date once the meta has stabilised, allowing you to run more Spe or whatever but for now I think it'll do.

Might add some replays later if I make an actual team that doesn't lose to everything, might not; but from the 7 games I've played using this set, I really, truly think that this 'Mon will cement itself as a fearsome breaker in the OU tier.

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
As of now, Buzzwole is largely outclassed by Pheromosa. But whereas Pheromosa is clearly and utterly broken, I think Buzzwole will be broken once the metagame settles.
It's at worst a better version of Conkeldurr, and at best an unstoppable Moxie sweeper and everything in between. This guy has the stats to fit onto almost any team. And because of this, one would have to figure out if Buzzwole is running a Scarf or Bulky set, and once they find out, Beast Boost has made Buzzwole too much to overcome.
Its good typing, stat distribution, and versatility make in potentially broken in my opinion.

Reactions: HC
I reckon send it to Ubers but only just. Mainly since when it hits you, it bashes you into a pulp and can get an easy attack boost with beast boost. Not much of the OU tier can stop it (if only gale wings wasn't nerfed) and when they do it can have brilliant team support, e.g. that one steel/flying UB and any fire+fairy+flying resists. Probably my opinion doesn't matter but alright, might as well voice it

I know it's easy to get caught up in the new and improved Leech Life, but I want to take a second to talk about how good Lunge seems on this guy. On Roost sets, the recovery from Leech Life isn't as important, and a guaranteed Atk drop coming from an 80 BP STAB move is amazing. Combined with Buzzwole's natural physical bulk, it makes him nearly impenetrable on the physical side, even against things that can hit him super effectively. Take CB Azumarill, for example. Ordinarily, it would make a great check to STABs + Ice Punch + Roost sets since it resists every move and can hit back with Play Rough. However, if Buzzwole hits it with Lunge on the switch and then outruns and hits it again before it can attack, you get this:

-2 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 192 Def Buzzwole: 176-210 (42.1 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Now all of a sudden, Buzzwole can actually wall CB Azumarill! Even if the switch-in is something like Charizard X that does too much damage for Buzzwole to safely handle (-1 Jolly Flare Blitz does 53.1 - 63.1%), the Atk drop can help Buzzwole's teammates handle it much more easily (0/0 Landorus-T takes 43.5 - 51.7% from that same Flare Blitz after Intimidate). This makes Buzzwole one of the best utilities to handle physical attackers that a team could ever ask for. I really hope this thing doesn't end up being broken in the future, because its combination of offense and defense makes it seem like a very valuable Pokemon for balance teams. Its middling speed, low special bulk, common weaknesses, lack of a great Fighting STAB, and reliance on specific coverage moves to hit its counters should balance it out on paper, but we'll see.

P.S. If you're wondering why I picked those EVs, my full spread is 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Def with an Adamant nature. This spread maximizes Buzzwole's physical bulk while still giving it just enough Atk to ensure that Beast Boost gives it an Atk boost (plus, it hits an Atk jump point). It's designed to help it take on physical threats as well as possible, although faster and stronger spreads are certainly viable. In fact, the Atk drop from Lunge might be even more important if you're running less physical bulk.

Buzzwole @ Choice Band
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Leech Life
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch/poison Jab

This buzzwole set allows you to hit something automatically hard as hell. Earthquake to hit toxapex. Ice punch for Lando and other option p-jab for fairies The spread I made is pretty simple. With 240 speed Evs you out speed max speed trans. I think jolly is better than Adamant for that soul reason.

I'm liking the defensive sets with Lunge + Roost. It can tank a lot of Physical hits and Bug/Fighting is not a terrible defensive typing. Resistances to Ground, Dark and Fighting are fantastic. It can easily counter Landorus-T without Toxic, and handle Non special Fire move variants of T-Tar and Garchomp. Non SD Weavile gets easily checked. Mega Lopunny needs Toxic in order to break through it. With Lunge on the switch, it's virtually impossible to OHKO Buzzwole with physical moves at full HP unless it's Banded Brave Bird coming from the Likes of Staraptor.

It's subpar special bulk without heavy investment and unfortunate weaknesses, especially to the Tapus do hinder it. But what can you do?

I know it's easy to get caught up in the new and improved Leech Life, but I want to take a second to talk about how good Lunge seems on this guy. On Roost sets, the recovery from Leech Life isn't as important, and a guaranteed Atk drop coming from an 80 BP STAB move is amazing. Combined with Buzzwole's natural physical bulk, it makes him nearly impenetrable on the physical side, even against things that can hit him super effectively. Take CB Azumarill, for example. Ordinarily, it would make a great check to STABs + Ice Punch + Roost sets since it resists every move and can hit back with Play Rough. However, if Buzzwole hits it with Lunge on the switch and then outruns and hits it again before it can attack, you get this:

-2 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 192 Def Buzzwole: 176-210 (42.1 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Now all of a sudden, Buzzwole can actually wall CB Azumarill! Even if the switch-in is something like Charizard X that does too much damage for Buzzwole to safely handle (-1 Jolly Flare Blitz does 53.1 - 63.1%), the Atk drop can help Buzzwole's teammates handle it much more easily (0/0 Landorus-T takes 43.5 - 51.7% from that same Flare Blitz after Intimidate). This makes Buzzwole one of the best utilities to handle physical attackers that a team could ever ask for. I really hope this thing doesn't end up being broken in the future, because its combination of offense and defense makes it seem like a very valuable Pokemon for balance teams. Its middling speed, low special bulk, common weaknesses, lack of a great Fighting STAB, and reliance on specific coverage moves to hit its counters should balance it out on paper, but we'll see.

P.S. If you're wondering why I picked those EVs, my full spread is 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Def with an Adamant nature. This spread maximizes Buzzwole's physical bulk while still giving it just enough Atk to ensure that Beast Boost gives it an Atk boost (plus, it hits an Atk jump point). It's designed to help it take on physical threats as well as possible, although faster and stronger spreads are certainly viable. In fact, the Atk drop from Lunge might be even more important if you're running less physical bulk.
This is actually really cool to note. Lunge is the same BP as Leech Life so you're not losing any damage.

I think that bulkier sets will basically go one of two ways, since you need as much coverage as you can afford and you don't have GOOD Fighting STAB. Roost sets can just run Lunge because they already have reliable recovery and the ability to neuter physical attackers on the switch is just really nice. The other two slots can be for STAB/Ice Punch/Poison Jab/whatever. Bulk Up sets (which I imagine will be a thing...or at least I'll try and theorycraft something) can run Leech Life over Lunge+Roost since that's semi-reliable recovery and you still need coverage slots (BU+Roost+Lunge+Ice Punch/Poison Jab is okay too I guess since Bisharp/Metagross/Seel types you stay in on generally have a secondary typing weak to Bug).

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Buzzwole is really interesting. Between being able to eat STAB EQ for breakfast and being able to bop most things you would think can take a hit with hard htting STAB or super-effective coverage; Buzzwole can be a real pain. Give it a Choice Band and with access to Earthquake, Ice Punch, Stone Edge, and Thunderpunch you can hit whatever you like. Buzzswole pairs extremely well with almost any rock type(especially Nihilego) and excels at wearing bulkier teams down via CB boosted nukes.

252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Superpower vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 237-280 (56.4 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 162-192 (48.5 - 57.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 200-236 (50.2 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Landorus-Therian: 292-348 (76.6 - 91.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Ice Punch vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 452-532 (108.3 - 127.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Superpower vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Wash: 232-274 (76.5 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Superpower vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 456-536 (129.5 - 152.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Toxapex: 222-262 (73 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 194-230 (49.2 - 58.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tapu Fini: 204-240 (59.3 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Buzzwole Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 168+ Def Amoonguss: 280-330 (64.9 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

Last edited:
this mon is the future also my version of the stallbreaker's set.

sets up all over on toxs. 404 hp for sub to be not broken by toss. 4 attack for beast boost, and 108 to out speed 44 speed rotoms

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 4 Atk / 200 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Bulk Up
- Leech Life

Sub 3 Attacks Buzzwole

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP/ 188 Atk/ 12 SpD/ 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Substitute
-Leech Life/Lunge
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake

I can't take credit for this set since I've seen other people running it but I haven't seen Sub 3 Attacks (at least not with this moveset) appear on this thread so I figured I'd post this. I borrowed the spread from tigers jaw's post since that seems to be the optimal EV spread for Sub Buzzwole. Leech Life allows a strong STAB with extra longevity, while Lunge can be used instead for the attack drop and makes Buzzwole's sub even harder to break from the physical side. Ice Punch KO's both Lando forms and hits a lot of mons neutrally. EQ is necessary for Aegi and Toxapex, along with other steels.

Obviously this set's SpD is unimpressive (as with every Buzzwole set) but this does what it needs to do. It fits in well for teams that need a bulky attacker as well as a Toxapex answer. It can be a wincon potentially, but it really needs to be behind a sub to avoid being revenge-killed with its piss-poor special bulk. That said, this thing can be really scary for bulky teams if it gets to +1 behind a sub.

Celesteela is aids

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've been playing around with the damage calculator and Buzzwole has some cool defensive applications. SpD is a legit answer to Lando-I since it eats up pretty much all of its moves with investment (Lando needs Sludge Wave or something stupid like HP Flying to win, and you can max out SpD so SW only has a 0.4% chance to kill after Rocks) while also countering Sand Rush Excadrill with just HP investment (252 HP takes like 37% from Adamant LO Iron Head). Not sure what else it could check with a SpD set but that stood out for me.

Ice Punch and Hammer Arm would be mantadory for this along with Roost. Not sure if it could pull off Bulk Up but it might be worth running, otherwise Leech Life or Lunge in the last slot.

EDIT: PleaseDontBanMe basically posted this set already, but the info about beating Lando is still important to note.

Last edited:
this mon is the future also my version of the stallbreaker's set.

sets up all over on toxs. 404 hp for sub to be not broken by toss. 4 attack for beast boost, and 108 to out speed 44 speed rotoms

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 4 Atk / 200 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Bulk Up
- Leech Life
Taunt with sub seems suboptimal. I'd rather take more coverage. But this set has potential.

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 188 Atk / 12 SpD / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Leech Life

Didn't like the idea of using a breaker that repeatedly has to lower its stats to deal any real damage, so I decided to throw together a really cool set a while ago (like an hour ago) that I think has some serious potential. Idea is take advantage of the multitude of Substitute-bait 'Mons there are out there (think Sub M-Hera), proceed to Focus Punch, get the ball rolling with Beast Boost and start to break down defensive cores consisting of Toxipex/Aegi/Ferro/Rotom-W etc, by forcing an incredibly amount of switches and attaining boosts in the process.

The spread accomplishes a few things, firstly; 196 HP allows for crucial 101 HP Subs to prevent S-Toss from Chansey breaking, 12 SpD investment prevents 0-investment Toxapex Scald from breaking the sub, either forcing it to take a massive hit and waste Recovers, or switch out into what will likely be Focus Punch- or Earthquake-bait, the Spe investment creeps most Rotom-W out there and the rest is dumped into Atk for obvious reasons. Cannot overstate just how ridiculous this thing's physical bulk really is, and just how difficult it can be for passive/defensive 'Mons to break the Subs with physical attacks (for example, Def Lando-T cannot break the sub with Stone Edge, Gliscor's Earthquake has only a chance to break with good rolls, etc.). This shit can probably be optimised at a later date once the meta has stabilised, allowing you to run more Spe or whatever but for now I think it'll do.

Might add some replays later if I make an actual team that doesn't lose to everything, might not; but from the 7 games I've played using this set, I really, truly think that this 'Mon will cement itself as a fearsome breaker in the OU tier.
I stole this set and have been using it for a couple days now. I think that you're a lot better off running Thunder Punch over Leech Life for coverage, as temping as Leech Life's recovery is. Thunder Punch prevents Flying types from completely shutting you down and can get surprise kills on all sorts of annoying shit like Mantine, Pelipper, Gyarados, and weakened Tapu Fini. Focus Punch + Thunder Punch is a KO on Skarmory too for what that's worth. Ice Punch is also an option but I don't think it's as appealing because its main targets (Landorus-T and Landorus-I) fare pretty badly against Buzzwole anyway (Landorus-T can't do anything back and Landorus-I takes 50ish percent from a Focus Punch), but it would help to avoid a stall war with the odd Gliscor I guess. Leech Life also admittedly still has merits for the match-ups against Mega-Venusaur, Mega-Sableye, Lati@s and Slowbro.

Anyway I love this set and I love Buzzwole. Definitely my favorite new mon this gen.

Vague

Banned deucer.
The SubPunch sets tigers jaw posted is ridiculously good. It absolutely decimates bulkier teams while lap having a pretty good matchup against stall since it can stall out or /and really pressure a ton of stall teams through virtue of its power and STAB. I liked the idea of a BU set but it's honestly not /really/ worth it considering its quite easy to snag a ko with Buzz and get an easy boost. Taunt is cool too for disrupting stall and breaking incoming resists like Clefable and shutting Toxapex down completely

Also I've used Thunder Punch on it and its a good option for breaking things like Mantine, Char-Y, and other Flyers bar Zapdos while still applying some form of pressure against Toxapex but EQ is obv preferred with aegis around the tier while also hitting tox harder still.

Although it's probably a bad set, I find a Bulk Up+Focus Punch SpDef set to be quite nice.

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Life
- Bulk Up

4 Atk guarantees the +Atk raise from Beast Boost if you net a kill, and you actually find the time to Bulk Up against things like Tyranitar/Tapu Bulu/most physical attackers. Leech Life gives you that vital recovery too.

This thing has so many viable sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)