OU BW OU Team Building Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer1234556

"Because... Scald is a shit Ferro answer!!!"
CeleTran + Sub Smack Down Lando-T
:tyranitar::skarmory::landorus-therian::excadrill::celebi::heatran:
Alright, so some may have seen this team already, this team actually has a twist: I am using Sub Smack Down Lando-T instead! Generally speaking, I think that Sub Smack Down does have similar properties to Fighting Gem SD as it forces in Skarmory but Sub Smack Down puts it in a Catch-22 situation where it then forced out because it loses its Flying-Type and is then vulnerable to being broken through by Lando-T. This can put a lot of teams in rather awkward positions as a lot of Sand Teams, specifically Alakazam Spikes Teams, frequently have Skarmory and Gliscor as their Lando-T answers. To be perfectly honest, the reason I am super high on sets like these is for two reasons: 1) Skarm is super common in the meta, more specifically the specially defensive variant to counter Alakazam, and 2) I personally feel like Support Lando-T is a super bland mon to use atm especially when every team I build with it ends up being super do nothing against Skarmory.

Of course, the general problem a lot of players have with Lando-T is that, if you don't run Support Lando, then who will be your rocker? Well in this case, it is Celebi. Now I know what you are thinking, "Isn't Celebi one of the worst rockers in the meta because of how weak it is to Volcarona?" Well yes but that is because the teams that were built around Stealth Rock Celebi didn't have any actual counterplay against it. This is where Heatran, a nowadays overlooked but very effective partner for Celebi, comes in. I saw a lot of discussion about how Heatran is also in that weird position where it had lost a lot of viability in the current meta with the Spore ban, but I feel like Heatran is actually one of the most underrated threats in the current meta as it is probably one of the biggest banes for hyperoffensive teams to deal with. With Air Balloon, Heatran completely walls any Volcarona set barring Hidden Power Ground (or Hidden Power Water if you run the occasional fringe Volcarona Rain team) and can even serve as a potential wincon with Flame Charge. There is also the fact that literally, nothing switches into Magma Storm, be it hyperoffensive teams, Sand Balance or even occasional Rain Teams want nothing to do with Magma Storm.

In conclusion, I feel like CeleTran is a really overlooked style and could use some more experimentation since it's one of the few ways to viably run Stealth Rock Celebi without being horribly weak to Volcarona.

Don´t want this competition to get bogged down by inactivity yet again, so here´s another entry. This one´s a bit experimental (probably not too reliable), but I think it fits FNH´s definition of ´fresh´ well enough :puff:.

1641310975009.png1641311000993.png1641310994832.png1641310989596.png1641310980121.png1641311080044.png

I built this team´s core - Heatran & Froslass - quite some time ago by just semi-randomly throwing things into a blender, but had some mild success with it, so I decided to dig it out. Froslass is the team´s standard suicide lead that can deny all non-scarfed hazard setters other than Azelf and Aerodactyl their utility, but here can also take advantage of Icy wind to cripple opposing Focus Sash leads. The speed drop from Icy wind will be enough to allow Heatran to follow up by setting Stealth Rock no matter what, as it is now too fast to be taunted, even by Aerodactyl. The HP investment, along with the Shuca Berry give Heatran enough survivability to survive attacks up to Jolly Sand Force Excadrill´s Earthquake from full health. Heatran´s Fire/Ground/Ice coverage and high damage output are enough to keep most hazard setters and Rapid spin users in the tier on edge, and this should result in guaranteed Stealth Rock and a spikes-free early-game for the team. A number of weatherless hyper-offensive threats rushes to take advantage of this situation; Dragonite is the big breaker with its Dragon gem, Breloom is a trusty weapon against Rain teams and some sand builds, while Scizor keeps Psychic types in check. Normally this would result in a huge black spot for the team in regards to Volcarona, but having both Heatran and Dragonite (as well as lots of priority) on the team relieves some pressure there, as Volcarona rarely runs enough coverage for both of them. I considered many Pokemon for the last slot, including Kyurem-Black, Thundurus-Therian, Alakazam, Donphan and Excadrill. In the end I went with Starmie, to support Dragonite and Heatran better, as the team is relatively vulnerable to both Keldeo and Latios. The team as a whole turned out a lot more Smurf-like than I would have liked, but I think it is still original enough.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

This thread should maybe be paused until after spl when people are more likely to share.

https://pokepast.es/24653dcfc24b7af2

:Garchomp: :heatran: :scizor: :gyarados: :starmie: :Dragonite:

This team is a little shaky but i wanted to try a different offensive tran set to lure checks for the dragon dancers. Team is fun and works better than you may think.

Garchomp is the rocker just wanted something that exerts pressure which chomp does the best imo. This set can be toothless against some balances but works well against all the ho running around.

Double fire is cool on tran flame into overheat is an ohko into spdef glisc meanwhile overheat ohkos lando. Earth power is probs better but meh. Grass is for bulky waters and dragon pulse is for dragons while being nice neutral coverage. Remember this tran is just trying to get as much damage as it can out.

Scizor is to trap psychics and these teams always appreciate prio.

Gyara gives some rain security, ground gem for toed and ferro. Dont like bounce as i feel it allows too much counterplay. I prefer intim over moxie because of the defensive utility. Gyara is also a nice backup for volc. Hope to see some gyara this spl!

Starmie to spin and for some speed control

Dnite is dragon gem because i want to punch through checks for gyara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)