not to be pretentious but yall should really read this… C.H.A.T. (Come Here for All Talk)

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Not really sure if this is the right thread/subforum, but i've no idea where to start on Smogon lol, there's so many threads and idk if any are right for me
you play competative pokemon? go to the competative subforum
you play casual pokemon? go to orange islands
you're here to ask someone to look at your team? go to trainers school/rate my team
you like pokemon and just here for fun? [insert advertisement of battle by post]
you don't care about pokemon? you are in the exact right place! welcome to smogoff!

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
well if you play casually, for example the main games, then orange islands is the place for you here

of course i must advertise battle by post here which is pretty much where i live these days forum-wise and it would be lovely if we get new people. plus, nobody cares if you dont play competatively

finally the information and resources subforum aka the front desk is here and probably where this conversation should go (simple questions/simple answers thread) but i probably wouldn't get to advertise bbp as much so eh.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
well if you play casually, for example the main games, then orange islands is the place for you here

of course i must advertise battle by post here which is pretty much where i live these days forum-wise and it would be lovely if we get new people. plus, nobody cares if you dont play competatively

finally the information and resources subforum aka the front desk is here and probably where this conversation should go (simple questions/simple answers thread) but i probably wouldn't get to advertise bbp as much so eh.
has battle by post changed much lately? i was part of it back when it was still anime style battling and deck knight's weird bigotry was less publicly known. i remember it being p grindy and math-intensive, with the most successful players having made their pkmn fight enough (or gotten enough ref credits) to know every move. if u couldnt cover every damn option than you would likely lkse. also math calcs are dumb and boring, and were every fuckin where. i want to do funny growlithe fire blast, not trigonometry

the community there was mostly good folks tho. might check in one of these days, see how many hung around

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
has battle by post changed much lately? i was part of it back when it was still anime style battling and deck knight's weird bigotry was less publicly known. i remember it being p grindy and math-intensive, with the most successful players having made their pkmn fight enough (or gotten enough ref credits) to know every move. if u couldnt cover every damn option than you would likely lkse. also math calcs are dumb and boring, and were every fuckin where. i want to do funny growlithe fire blast, not trigonometry

the community there was mostly good folks tho. might check in one of these days, see how many hung around
still kinda math intensive if its only limited to arithmetic and you still have to sub for everything but I don't see anyone named deck knight

I don't think it's grindy and like 2 battles are enough for almost every move but I'm sure some people would disagree with me here.

there's only a handful of people around tho, not sure if you would know many people. and afaik most these people pretty much spend their entire Smogon life there.

Screw all previous conversations going on here, I can time travel!
Screenshot_20220720-071351_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yesterday, I already knew that phoopes was going to start that new thread. I also knew that later that day CaffeineBoost would post in the SV Wish Liszt thread. Isn't this crazy? Now, I'll need some funding so I can continue with my research. If you guys could help with that, that'd be great.

Remember this thread?

I came back to speed running this category after like a year and a half. My previous best was 1:02.02 so I was gunning for the sub-1:02. As of a few minutes ago I got 1:01.99! I can rest easy now.

View attachment 442591
Please clap.
no I've done sub minute

*I just did a check on wr, and realized if I could prove it I'd have wr, might need to pull the old switch and capture card again*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 14)