not to be pretentious but yall should really read this… C.H.A.T. (Come Here for All Talk)

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
:quagchamppogsire:

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm 24 years old. Around my age a lot of my friends are starting to get engaged/married, especially my friends that are a few years older than me. That brings me to the question that's been on my mind recently. Holy fuck how many bridesmaids/groomsmen do you need? Idk why but I feel like the "standard" is five. Like when I picture a wedding I picture five groomsmen and bridesmaids and that's it. In fact, the most recent wedding I went to there were only four a piece. But recently, I've been seeing a lot of Instagram posts where people have eight bridesmaids. Is eight the new normal??? Like the one girl I got, she has five sisters and wanted to include a few friends too. But mostly I am shocked at how many people I've seen with eight+. This one girl I sort of know who's a friend of a friend has ELEVEN bridesmaids. Like holy shit that seemed excessive to me. I mean I get it I want a huge wedding someday and I plan on including a fair amount of groomsmen but at some point you gotta make some cuts. So yeah:

• how many bridesmaids/groomsmen is "standard?"
  • for the married folk, how many did you have? if you're not married, how many would you want?
  • how many is "too many?"
New record achieved: I have a friend that’s a part of a bridal party with 17 bridesmaids

New record achieved: I have a friend that’s a part of a bridal party with 17 bridesmaids
I'm 24 years old. Around my age a lot of my friends are starting to get engaged/married, especially my friends that are a few years older than me. That brings me to the question that's been on my mind recently. Holy fuck how many bridesmaids/groomsmen do you need? Idk why but I feel like the "standard" is five. Like when I picture a wedding I picture five groomsmen and bridesmaids and that's it. In fact, the most recent wedding I went to there were only four a piece. But recently, I've been seeing a lot of Instagram posts where people have eight bridesmaids. Is eight the new normal??? Like the one girl I got, she has five sisters and wanted to include a few friends too. But mostly I am shocked at how many people I've seen with eight+. This one girl I sort of know who's a friend of a friend has ELEVEN bridesmaids. Like holy shit that seemed excessive to me. I mean I get it I want a huge wedding someday and I plan on including a fair amount of groomsmen but at some point you gotta make some cuts. So yeah:

• how many bridesmaids/groomsmen is "standard?"
  • for the married folk, how many did you have? if you're not married, how many would you want?
  • how many is "too many?"
I didn't have any, I went up to a girl in a wendy's said we are now married, she then grabbed my arm and said I love you baby. There were some women there so I guess you can say 52.

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
not to be an intolerable wokeist (i've been called worse tho) but are there ever groomsmaids/bridesmen at a wedding? or would they be called something else idk

i feel like even 5 is a lot tbh. prob 4 max?

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
not to be an intolerable wokeist (i've been called worse tho) but are there ever groomsmaids/bridesmen at a wedding? or would they be called something else idk

I’ve seen this before, every instance I’ve personally seen was a man standing with other women bridesmaids but every time they’ve just been referred to as “male bridesmaid.” I would assume it’s personal preference though how they would be referred to

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head

I’ve seen this before, every instance I’ve personally seen was a man standing with other women bridesmaids but every time they’ve just been referred to as “male bridesmaid.” I would assume it’s personal preference though how they would be referred to
i was in my friend’s bridal party in april and we settled on “bridespeople”

Another type chart change (semi-joking?)

As we currently have it, steel had been significantly nerfed in gen 6, losing resistances to dark and ghost, causing many formerly good mons to plummet in the tiering scale (e.g. Metagross). What if we adjusted the type chart to help balance out this nerf? In this case, I'd suggest making steel neutral to fire both ways. It kind of makes sense, since most steel alloys have melting points around 1500ºC, high enough to also melt most rocks (a typical temperature for lava is ~1200ºC)

(On the other hand, some metals have quite low melting points, like lead at 327ºC, indium at 157ºC, cesium and gallium around room temperature, and mercury at -39ºC; maybe these were the reason for making steel weak to fire in the type chart.)

If this change was made, it would somewhat improve bug/steel and ice/steel defensively by getting rid of a common 4x weakness, probably seeing more usage for Scizor and Alolan Sandslash, maybe even causing the latter to move up to genuine viability in RU or outside weather teams.

Lvl 255 252 SpA Chandelure Fire Blast vs. Lvl 255 252 HP / 252 SpD Sandslash-Alola: 998-1176 (112.5 - 132.5%). (this is only a 2x weakness in this case) Almost no one runs full defensive on Alolan Sandslash though, I think. Oof.

Would you agree with making this change?

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor

i call mine "groomsfolk"

also my fiance has 8 bridesmaids. im not sure i even have that many people in my life, let alone ones that can fly here LMAO

internet social life ftl

KarpeChan

Banned deucer.
my favourite cream: [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED]
my favourite Redacteds: [The following information is only available to authorised personnel, unauthorised access will cause smogon dot com to implode] ███████, ███████, and ███████.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Another type chart change (semi-joking?)

As we currently have it, steel had been significantly nerfed in gen 6, losing resistances to dark and ghost, causing many formerly good mons to plummet in the tiering scale (e.g. Metagross). What if we adjusted the type chart to help balance out this nerf? In this case, I'd suggest making steel neutral to fire both ways. It kind of makes sense, since most steel alloys have melting points around 1500ºC, high enough to also melt most rocks (a typical temperature for lava is ~1200ºC)

(On the other hand, some metals have quite low melting points, like lead at 327ºC, indium at 157ºC, cesium and gallium around room temperature, and mercury at -39ºC; maybe these were the reason for making steel weak to fire in the type chart.)

If this change was made, it would somewhat improve bug/steel and ice/steel defensively by getting rid of a common 4x weakness, probably seeing more usage for Scizor and Alolan Sandslash, maybe even causing the latter to move up to genuine viability in RU or outside weather teams.

Lvl 255 252 SpA Chandelure Fire Blast vs. Lvl 255 252 HP / 252 SpD Sandslash-Alola: 998-1176 (112.5 - 132.5%). (this is only a 2x weakness in this case) Almost no one runs full defensive on Alolan Sandslash though, I think. Oof.

Would you agree with making this change?
removing the fire weakness rather than reinstating the weaknesses it formerly lost is a bit silly, that said have you ever successfully clocked a ghost with a steel pipe??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 23)