not to be pretentious but yall should really read this… C.H.A.T. (Come Here for All Talk)

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
I mean, seriously. My entire internet persona is dedicated to the most autistic bullshit ever. Project Moon, Pokemon, Celeste, other whatnots. And they still think they can sell me on the most random and normal shit ever. I'm not going to buy your shitty 10 dollar amazon keyboard. I'm here to get knockoff PBT keycaps while I wait for my 140 dollar GMK set to ship.
thoughts on this

Anyone else feel REALLY uncomfortable when someone tells them about their sex life?

I have this coworker, I get along with her very well but she's super open about her sex life with me (not so much with others weirdly enough) and it always makes me feel really uncomfy when she tells me about her bedroom misadventures

I don't feel comfy hearing about this from friends either. I told that my friends and my coworker too

I think it's because I grew up in a conservative christian household. I am no longer religious but I think sex always remained a taboo topic to me

Anyone else feel REALLY uncomfortable when someone tells them about their sex life?

I have this coworker, I get along with her very well but she's super open about her sex life with me (not so much with others weirdly enough) and it always makes me feel really uncomfy when she tells me about her bedroom misadventures

I don't feel comfy hearing about this from friends either. I told that my friends and my coworker too

I think it's because I grew up in a conservative christian household. I am no longer religious but I think sex always remained a taboo topic to me
Your discomfort seems reasonable and normal. You don't have to grow up in a conservative Christian household to be uncomfortable with someone divulging details of their personal life that you didn't ask for. Have you talked to her about this? If you get along very well with her, then I'm sure that she'll be willing to listen if you voice your discomfort.

It's not your christian upbringing. I grew up in possibly the most liberal household imaginable, found out what sex is without the help of my parents (they didn't care) and I'd also be weirded out if someone of any gender started talking about their sex life with zero warning or reason. Not like it really happens in the first place due to the relative lack of people I talk to.

its a low hanging fruit to bully but in all seriousness it would be pretty useful for like mechanics whose hands are always greasy and need to look up a part or something. it has more of a use case than the horrid leaf spring he mentions earlier in the video
If your hands keep slipping off the keys, you can just get a keyboard that has the keycaps slightly shaped in, which has been standard for *checks notes* 50 years. The two main use cases for a keyboard like that would be if you needed to carry a keyboard around efficiently, in which case it would be easier and cheaper to buy a smaller keyboard, or if you're typing in the middle of a construction site and need to have your keyboard fit snugly between two broken down chunks of cement and rebar, so you're spending 20 dollars on a keyboard that feels terrible to type on, and also has none of the structural integrity of a keyboard that can hold its shape. And that's without getting into my weird mechanical keyboard thing.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
If your hands keep slipping off the keys, you can just get a keyboard that has the keycaps slightly shaped in, which has been standard for *checks notes* 50 years. The two main use cases for a keyboard like that would be if you needed to carry a keyboard around efficiently, in which case it would be easier and cheaper to buy a smaller keyboard, or if you're typing in the middle of a construction site and need to have your keyboard fit snugly between two broken down chunks of cement and rebar, so you're spending 20 dollars on a keyboard that feels terrible to type on, and also has none of the structural integrity of a keyboard that can hold its shape. And that's without getting into my weird mechanical keyboard thing.
naw it's not about slipping off the keys (although thats a funny image LOL banana peel ass prank) but the gunk rubbing off and shitting up the switches that would be a big issue, even on regular rubber domes I reckon

naw it's not about slipping off the keys (although thats a funny image LOL banana peel ass prank) but the gunk rubbing off and shitting up the switches that would be a big issue, even on regular rubber domes I reckon
rubber domes are famous for being fucking indestructible and will keep their (relatively poor) quality forever. the only worry about ruining rubber domes is if you straight up drown them in corrosive substances constantly which the keyboard will do literally nothing to protect against and can be prevented by 1: buying a hospital grade plastic cover for the keyboard which are made specifically to not dissolve or 2: just washing your hands after handling corrosive substances which is a procedure taught in your high school chemistry class.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I've always been so weirded out by how niche futuristic racing and space combat games are. F-Zero, Wipeout, Star Fox, all these failed to get any momentum past the 90s and are largely relics with small fanbases nowadays. Even in something like the Star Wars Battlefront games it seems most people gravitate towards the traditional TPS ground combat with the space battles being kind of a side thing. I dunno, I just thought the idea of breaking the sound barrier and/or shooting down bogeys with lasers in a gnarly-looking spaceship had way more mainstream appeal than it seemingly actually does? At the very least I always figured that if you can't be a Jedi the consensus for next-best thing would be getting inside an X-Wing or TIE Fighter and going ham.

If I'm not forgetting something, what do you suppose the problem is? Is it an accessibility issue? Bad marketing for the franchises mentioned above?

I've always been so weirded out by how niche futuristic racing and space combat games are. F-Zero, Wipeout, Star Fox, all these failed to get any momentum past the 90s and are largely relics with small fanbases nowadays. Even in something like the Star Wars Battlefront games it seems most people gravitate towards the traditional TPS ground combat with the space battles being kind of a side thing. I dunno, I just thought the idea of breaking the sound barrier and/or shooting down bogeys with lasers in a gnarly-looking spaceship had way more mainstream appeal than it seemingly actually does? At the very least I always figured that if you can't be a Jedi the consensus for next-best thing would be getting inside an X-Wing or TIE Fighter and going ham.

If I'm not forgetting something, what do you suppose the problem is? Is it an accessibility issue? Bad marketing for the franchises mentioned above?
I haven't played Wipeout but I'd generally say that it's a lot less interesting to play in practice than in theory. In racing, the fun factor comes from the speed and from the challenge of having to react fast. Having to change gears fast in accordance to your position and making small, strategic decisions on the fly through this, having to immediately react to your opponents actions, the controlled and sometimes uncontrolled speed... It's something you can replicate in games. It's not the same now, in real life, you feel your gut sinking, you hear the deafening noise of your engine going into overdrive, you feel the fear of God when you drift... but a lot can be directly replicated

With flying, you are a lot more dependent on these feelings that you cannot replicate digitally. Breaking the sound barrier isn't enticing when you don't feel the sonic boom in your entire body, rising isn't memorable when you don't feel the G-forces on your body. Dog Fights are a lot shorter and less sophisticated than races, it's hard to replicate them in an entertaining manner in games

With your examples, I'd say that Star Fox is just overrated. It's fine but it's just a rail shooter. There's nothing particularly deep or fascinating about it all to me. It's too simple and doesn't have the arcady feeling to complement this simplicity. It's one of these Nintendo franchises that would never have this following if people didn't grow up with it

for racing games, the entire genre is dominated by mario kart, which is virtually impossible to compete with. mario kart 8 deluxe is the best-selling video game for a single platform that wasn't bundled with a console at launch. it's like trying to break into the battle-royale market, or the mmo market. you'll never get a foothold because of the sheer dominance of whoever's on top

as for space-combat games, it probably has a lot to do with nintendo fucking up the whole star fox franchise with star fox adventures and generally consolidating their resources behind their more successful flagship franchises, the star wars audience being more interested in the lightsaber and force parts of the franchise, and the combat flight simulator audience being more interested in airplanes than spaceships

for racing games, the entire genre is dominated by mario kart, which is virtually impossible to compete with. mario kart 8 deluxe is the best-selling video game for a single platform that wasn't bundled with a console at launch. it's like trying to break into the battle-royale market, or the mmo market. you'll never get a foothold because of the sheer dominance of whoever's on top

as for space-combat games, it probably has a lot to do with nintendo fucking up the whole star fox franchise with star fox adventures and generally consolidating their resources behind their more successful flagship franchises, the star wars audience being more interested in the lightsaber and force parts of the franchise, and the combat flight simulator audience being more interested in airplanes than spaceships
For racing games, it also seems like fans of the genre outside of Mario Kart are more interested in racing recreations of real-world cars than racing futuristic space cars, hence the success of Forza and Gran Turismo.

Which is a total shame! StarFox Deserves more, man. I love Falco, my bros,--whether playing him in Smash Bros. or drawing him.

A shame that all of his games are complete dogwater. Nintendo should honestly reboot the IP and make it either starfield or like a range shooter where the characters can be seen shooting aliens and stuff from out of the arwing
Unfortunately that will never happen, and these poor characters are relegated to smash. SAD!

I watched this movie in march with my sister and mom; I am not exaggerating that this is the WORST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!!

All the characters are built like toothpicks and have skinwalker ass faces, the main character Marmaduke is a GoOfY FuCkY WucKy Up Character whose only jokes are fucking everything up and have no redeeming qualities

Attachments

For racing games, it also seems like fans of the genre outside of Mario Kart are more interested in racing recreations of real-world cars than racing futuristic space cars, hence the success of Forza and Gran Turismo.
true, and i'd wager a big part of that has to do with the fact that mario kart—specifically 8 deluxe—has plenty of futuristic space cars and levels. rainbow road is a staple of the franchise and 8 deluxe has like all of them, and they also have the three things anyone remembers from f-zero (mute city, big blue, and the blue falcon as a kart) (sorry f-zero fans, the games are great but as an f-zero fan myself it's time to admit the franchise is known almost exclusively because of smash bros these days). the whole gimmick of 8 is anti-gravity tracks, which kind of eliminates a big part of the potential draw of a space racing game

true, and i'd wager a big part of that has to do with the fact that mario kart—specifically 8 deluxe—has plenty of futuristic space cars and levels. rainbow road is a staple of the franchise and 8 deluxe has like all of them, and they also have the three things anyone remembers from f-zero (mute city, big blue, and the blue falcon as a kart) (sorry f-zero fans, the games are great but as an f-zero fan myself it's time to admit the franchise is known almost exclusively because of smash bros these days). the whole gimmick of 8 is anti-gravity tracks, which kind of eliminates a big part of the potential draw of a space racing game
also the other game franchises that are attempting to do racing games are more-so trying to catch up to mario kart than do much more, like that one sonic racing game from like 10 years ago

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
also the other game franchises that are attempting to do racing games are more-so trying to catch up to mario kart than do much more, like that one sonic racing game from like 10 years ago
>moeshitter pfp slandering the GOAT sonic and sega all-stars racing transformed
many such cases!
ok in all fairness i dont have much moral standing here since I've had a weirdly high amount of "get into the dragon maid series" intrusive thoughts lately

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)