C.R.E.A.M. [UU]

At a Glance:

Team Building Process:

I needed a lead that can set up stealth rocks without dieing. Uxie had amazing defenses average speed and good attack to U-Turn out of the situation.

I added two amazing late game sweepers with super high offense and speed. With Pinsir's ability Mold Breaker it could hit almost every PKMN in UU.

Another two PKMN came in. Venasaur and Wailord. Yes Wailord; with his massive HP and water spout most PKMN can't stand it.. They both have good bulk and can take out PKMN. If Venasaur sets up he could get up to 2 kills. These guys can be early sweepers.

Last thing was Dugtrio my revenge killer. Amazing ability high speed and good attack make it perfect.

I replaced Wailord with Blastoise with the same set because it outclasses Wailord in pretty much everything.

Marriland's Weakness / Resistence chart

In Depth:

LEAD

Uxie @

Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 HP/4 ATK/252 DEF
Impish (+Def -SpA)
~Stealth Rocks
~Thunder Wave
~U-Turn
~Zen Headbutt

Uxie is my amazing lead. With it's collosal defenses it can take a lot of hits. Setting up stealthrock is simple for uxie due to its natural bulk. Thunder Wave is just a support move that can cripple fast sweepers that ill have trouble with later in the game. Zen Headbutt is just there for STAB damage to those poisons namely Venasaur. U-Turn is for scouting and for those taunting Ambipoms.

How Uxie handles some leads:

- Usually it's a trick lead as its becoming very common. Switch to Pinsir who already has a Choice Scarf and hit with X-Scissor.

- Take the Fake-out, T-Wave, set up Rocks and U-Turn out.

- T-Wave and SR completely cripple it.

- This one is a toughie. usually T-Wave then U-Turn out to kill it as fast as I can because its setting up Spikes and will Explode.

EARLY-MID-GAME SWEEPERS

Venusaur @

Ability: Overgrow
EV's: 252 ATK/4 DEF 252 SPE
Jolly (+Spe -SpA)
~Sleep Powder
~Swords Dance
~Power Whip
~Earthquake

Venusaur is this team's most valuable Pokemon in the early- to mid-game because of its ridiculous ability to keep offensive momentum, as well as being our most reliable switch into bulky waters. Jolly nature is to speed tie with those base 80's(Blaziken, Kabutops). Life Orb is for maximum damage. Sleep Powder suports the team and suuports his setup. Bring Venusaur in on something not effective, sleep powder the counter and swords dance. Power whip has 50% more damage than seed Bomb even though Seed Bomb has 100% accuarcy. Earthquake provides good coverage.

Blastoise @

Ability: Torrent
EV's: 4 Hp/252 SpA/252 SPE
Modest(+SpA -Atk)
~Water Spout
~Hydro Pump
~Ice Beam
~HP Electric

I replaced Wailord with bBlastoise because it outclasses it in everything pretty much. With a choice Scarf and 252 Evs, Blastoise can outspeed Dugtrio, Alakazam and Sceptile with a Speed boosting nature. Blastoise has a lower SpA but not by much only 5. When he is at low Hp and Torrent activates, Water Spout can't be used anymore as it's not effective, Hydro Pump will have a huge amount of damage.

THE REVENGE KILLER

Dugtrio @ life orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EV's: 252 ATK/40 SpD/216 SPE
Jolly(+Spe -SpA)
~Earthqauke
~Stone Edge
~Night Slash
~Aerial Ace

Thanks to its high Speed stat and Arena Trap, Dugtrio is a very reliable revenge killer . Earthquake is your primary attack, not only because it is Dugtrio's only STAB move, but also because it can score some useful OHKOs on Pokemon like Blaziken, and Toxicroak. Dugtrio's Dark-type move will enable it to hit Claydol, as well as Levitating Ghost-types such as Mismagius and Rotom. Aerial Ace is mainly a filler as it doesn't do much. A supereffectyive Aerial Ace does 120 while a neutral EQ does 150 with STAB.40 Special Defense gives you a slightly better chance of surviving a +2 Vacuum Wave from a Modest Toxicroak.

LATE GAME SWEEPERS

Alakazam @

Ability: Synchronize
EV's: 4 HP/252 SpA/ 252 SPE
Modest(+SpA -Atk)
~Psychic
~Shadow Ball
~Grass Knot
~Focus Blast

Oh shit, Alakazam. What a fuckin beast. With the highest SpA in UU and its amazing speed nothing could beat it(except priority users lol).Psychic will hit anything who doesn't resist it incredibly hard – a possible OHKO for the most part.Shadow Ball allows you to OHKO Mismagius. Grass Knot for those Milotics. Alakazam's main drawbacks are its paper thin defenses and lack of resistances. Most priority attackers will take a huge chunk out of Alakazam's HP, threatening to cripple or OHKO it.

Pinsir @

Ability: Mold Breaker
EV's: 252 ATK/4 DEF/252 SPE
Adamant(+Atk -SpA)
~X-Scissor
~Close Combat
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge

Pinsir is an often forgotten physical threat. With a great base Attack stat, solid defenses, good Speed, and two stellar abilities, it is indeed a force to be reckoned with.X-Scissor is your strongest attack, while Earthquake and Stone Edge give great coverage. Close Combat hits Steel-types slightly harder than Earthquake due to the higher Base Power.Mold Breaker allows Pinsir to ignore the Ability Levitate on Pokemon such as Rotom, Solrock, and Lunatone, easily knocking out all three with Earthquake. The EVs for this set were are made to ensure that Pinsir becomes as speedy and as powerful as possible.

Last thoughts
I need help to make this team the best it can be. Help with the EV's would be appreciated. Also Rain Dance Teams fuck me over. Seriously, it's so fucking annoying. I can't do anything against them.

First of, massive props for using Wailord. However, in your description you listed 5 moves, re-read that (you mentioned surf but it isn't listed). Run Life Orb on Dugtrio. I can't tell what item its holding from the picture, but if it is choice band you will be revenge killed once you are locked in a move. Also, pursuit is quite common in UU. Perhaps Choice Band is better for OU Dugtrio, I don't really know.

I'm liking the grass move on Alazakam to deal with Bulky Waters, but energy ball is probably more reliable.

Of course, if you dislike rain, there's always this guy:
Hitmontop @ Life Orb
Technician
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd - Adamant
Fake out | Bullet Punch | Mach Punch | Sucker Punch

Allows you to beat Omastar and Kabutops, bypassing there speed in rain. His high SpDef is also useful to beat Swift Swimmers. Another thing about Hitmontop is that he can switch into Absol, who will come in on Alakazam frequently. Use Hitmontop over Pinsir.

Nice team and good luck

First of, massive props for using Wailord. However, in your description you listed 5 moves, re-read that (you mentioned surf but it isn't listed). Run Life Orb on Dugtrio. I can't tell what item its holding from the picture, but if it is choice band you will be revenge killed once you are locked in a move. Also, pursuit is quite common in UU. Perhaps Choice Band is better for OU Dugtrio, I don't really know.

I'm liking the grass move on Alazakam to deal with Bulky Waters, but energy ball is probably more reliable.

Of course, if you dislike rain, there's always this guy:
Hitmontop @ Life Orb
Technician
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd - Adamant
Fake out | Bullet Punch | Mach Punch | Sucker Punch

Allows you to beat Omastar and Kabutops, bypassing there speed in rain. His high SpDef is also useful to beat Swift Swimmers. Another thing about Hitmontop is that he can switch into Absol, who will come in on Alakazam frequently. Use Hitmontop over Pinsir.

Nice team and good luck
Alright ill try Techinitop out. The dugtrio has choice band so ill try out the life orb. and i meant to put surf not ice beam so thanks!

Hello! :3

Ok, so I am going to suggest to you something else, incase you didn't like the poster above mes suggestion.

With this, you have a steady RD counter, and almost the same firepower as you had before. Not to mention, this also stops Sunny Day teams. ;)

Try a CS Gardevoir with Trace over Alakazam.

Here is the set. ;)

Gradevoir @ Choice Specs
Nature: Timid
Ability: Trace
Evs: Standard sweeping. ( 252 / 252 )
Moveset:
~Psychic
~Grass Knot
~Trick
~Hidden Power Fire

This allows you to easily OHKO Kabu / Omastar with Grass Knot, and have a steady counter to the likes of Exeguttor with Hidden Power Fire bosted by the sun. ;) While its not the best moveset, it allows you to take advantage of the Sun, and use it against them. Be careful for potential Arcanine switches, however. If you'd rather use Hidden Power Ice, thats perfectly fine aswell.

Good luck!

It's worth mentioning that Water Spout calculates base power by the percentage of max HP, not the value of total HP, so the base stat for HP has no effect on Water Spout's base power. That said, however, Water Spout has terrible distribution and I like your Wailord quite a bit. I'd recommend the possibility of Blastoise as a Water Spout user but Wailord really does have the advantage since it gets Selfdestruct. Props.

It's worth mentioning that Water Spout calculates base power by the percentage of max HP, not the value of total HP, so the base stat for HP has no effect on Water Spout's base power. That said, however, Water Spout has terrible distribution and I like your Wailord quite a bit. I'd recommend the possibility of Blastoise as a Water Spout user but Wailord really does have the advantage since it gets Selfdestruct. Props.
Why would you recommend a Blastoise over the wailord?

Blastoise has Torrent boosted Hydro Pump which should be close to Selfdestruct's power if not over. You also get better speed, and more special attack since you can forgo a speed boosting nature for a Special attack boosting nature.

Blastoise has Torrent boosted Hydro Pump which should be close to Selfdestruct's power if not over. You also get better speed, and more special attack since you can forgo a speed boosting nature for a Special attack boosting nature.
So what set do you recommend?

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi,

This is a nice team, but I see that Alakazam has just been placed as a sort of filler Pokemon in your team. Since you have trouble with Rain, I too recommend running a Technitop over Zam, as it gives you a nice Rain-check, while also giving your team some much needed priority.

Also, I'd recommend replacing Wailord with a Blastoise, as I see that Pinsir's SR weakness really cuts its sweep short. You could run a Specs Blastoise, who can OHKO any unsuspecting Ghost switch-in which an full powered Water Spout, and is free to Rapid Spin afterward:

Blastoise@Choice Specs
64 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 192 Spe
Modest
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump/ Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin/ HP Electric

Hi,

This is a nice team, but I see that Alakazam has just been placed as a sort of filler Pokemon in your team. Since you have trouble with Rain, I too recommend running a Technitop over Zam, as it gives you a nice Rain-check, while also giving your team some much needed priority.

Also, I'd recommend replacing Wailord with a Blastoise, as I see that Pinsir's SR weakness really cuts its sweep short. You could run a Specs Blastoise, who can OHKO any unsuspecting Ghost switch-in which an full powered Water Spout, and is free to Rapid Spin afterward:

Blastoise@Choice Specs
64 HP, 252 Sp Atk, 192 Spe
Modest
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump/ Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin/ HP Electric
Hi thanks for the rate. Pinsir's SR weakness doesn't really bother him that much.25% is a lot but Pinsir is usually saved for late game when everyone is weak. That's why I put a Scarf on him to out speed to attack fast and hard. I mainly have him for that and for his ability Mold breaker which is amazing. Zam dents stuff huge. I have trouble with RD teams but I hardly ever see them but when I do I have trouble. I tried Technitop and its just not working for me. As for the Blastoise I have tried it but with a scarf as it can beat Sceptile Dugtrio and Alakazam with a +Spe nature. It really suprises things then dents huge holes.

Hi thanks for the rate. Pinsir's SR weakness doesn't really bother him that much.25% is a lot but Pinsir is usually saved for late game when everyone is weak. That's why I put a Scarf on him to out speed to attack fast and hard. I mainly have him for that and for his ability Mold breaker which is amazing. Zam dents stuff huge. I have trouble with RD teams but I hardly ever see them but when I do I have trouble. I tried Technitop and its just not working for me. As for the Blastoise I have tried it but with a scarf as it can beat Sceptile Dugtrio and Alakazam with a +Spe nature. It really suprises things then dents huge holes.
Modest isn't a +Speed Nature.

Replace Zam. Or at least change to a LO set. Choiced Zams are just Pursuit bait and there a ton of Drapion, Spiritomb, and even Skuntank around these days just salivating at the chance to switch in on a Psychic. If you still want a fast choiced (no need to stat up) special sweeper, I would go with a Specs Sceptile, or a LO Houndoom.

Hm I honestly never see Drapion or Skuntanks ever. Nothing Hits as hard as Zam that's why I have him there. He doesn't need set up and he is super fast.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hiya.

Looks like a fairly solid team. Can't say much aside from following the suggestions stated by the previous users. It's generally not a good idea to have 2 scarfers on one team.

Just a few questions though.
1. Where did you get those pictures?
2. How did you post that Marriland chart?

BTW is it just me or is your team have 4 Choicers? That kind of hurts when you face spike stacking and stall teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)