Call it a gimmick idea, but I need advice. ~

Jaboco Berry, and Rowap Berry. Both of these berries, for those who don't already know, are used as soon as your Pokemon takes damage from an attack. When a Physical Attack is done, Jaboco will reduce your opponents HP by 1/8th. Rowap, in the same aspect, will do this for Special Attacks. My idea was to attempt to abuse this with the move Recycle. I was rather sad when my deceptive memory was proved wrong after finding out Shuckle does not have Recycle as an option, so I am stuck with limited alternatives. My next bet was Blissey, possibly throwing some Defense Curls into the mix.

Even if it is not competetively game breaking, I'd still like to try it. Any ideas?

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why not just use Porygon2? That thing has the defenses to use Recycle and it can also Recover off any damage done. It can take hits very well from both sides of the spectrum and do quite a bit back with 105 base special attack. If it floats your boat as a cool enough pokemon, give him a try. :]

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I say if your going to do it with Blissey your better off using seismic toss for 100 damage per turn than 1/8 of most pokemons health which is not even 100 damage on Blissye herself...

I say if your going to do it with Blissey your better off using seismic toss for 100 damage per turn than 1/8 of most pokemons health which is not even 100 damage on Blissye herself...
You are right... Seismic Toss does make the idea quite moot.

Porygon2 isn't a bad idea. I keep forgetting that thing exists ever since it evolved.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
There is really no point in using Jaboca/Rowap and Recycle. 12.5% simply isn't enough per turn. Porygon2 can probably do more to Blissey with Tri Attack, even though Blissey is the most specially defensive Pokemon in the game, and basically everything else is probably capable of inflicting more than 12.5% on any given Pokemon. In summary, Jaboca/Rowap and Recycle is useless.

Good for ending endrevvers but so is everything else.
Can if be used with Protect? It might have some place on stall teams, otherwise I'm at a lack of ideas for it's use.

It wouldn't do anything with protect. I am unsure if it matters if a substitute is up. The idea seems rather silly, but I am wondering if there is an idea I have missed somewhere.

If it did more than 1/8th you'd be a lot better off.

Relying on the opponent to attack you to kill themselves is likewise a bad idea. When you think about it, you'll realize why. Don't give away the power you have to win matches.

This was why I was disapointed to find out Shuckle doesn't have Recycle. It has Encore, and Rest to support it, and it does not have any offense to speak of, outside of Power Trick.

It also doesn't help that the berries being used only do damage depending on the attack. All the opponent has to do is switch their tactic. I was hoping I overlooked something else, but it looks like it's an idea that won't work period. Oh well.

It could work in a stall team. With so much secondary damage in them(that being the point of them), it would speed up the process.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)