Call of Duty: Black Ops

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looks like Sledgehammer's Action Adventure Call of Duty was turned into an FPS. They're the ones making the 2011 title. It's rumoured to be a space marine game like Halo.

Looks like Sledgehammer's Action Adventure Call of Duty was turned into an FPS. They're the ones making the 2011 title. It's rumoured to be a space marine game like Halo.
I heard about that as well.
A space Call of Duty was bound to be milked eventually. I think this opens a broad horizon for new ideas, but a broad horizon for big mistakes. D:

Oh well, we'll just have to see.

posting to say one of you arch or firestorm needs to change avatars. also i am growing to like this game. its really a lot more fun once you get better guns and actually learn the maps, even half-assed learning. nuke town is gay like rust except rust was fun. ak74u is a kickass gun. i really really miss commando pro and danger close pro :(. i still hold that mw2 had a better multiplayer than black ops but whatever its pretty fun. people still play mw2 for the time being so i can do both of them.

my favorite thing right now is ak74u with dual mags + slight of hand (which i think is the best perk tbh) reload is so fast it allows you to just clear shit out instantly, with any gun really but i dont like the bigger heavier guns cause you gotta move fast. attack dogs is also the most badass killstreak ever.

edit: oh yeah fully automatic famas is fucking sick even though its now a pretty "eh" gun but whatever. also what the fuck no quick scoping??? :( i just learned how to do it two days before black ops came out.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I totally disagree with Alan, I have a feeling i'll grow to believe this has a better multiplayer than CoD4. Absolutely adore it so far and apart from the knife, the multiplayer is awesome.

Well, most of us have it already. I'm getting it tommorow, somebody rundown their likes and dislikes about it particularly in multiplayer please

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
nuke town is gay like rust except rust was fun.
Rust was pretty fucking awful. Whichever team controlled the tower controlled the game. Which means that if you were stuck with a bad team you just got raped. With shipment you didn't have to rely on your team at all. Thats the only reason a map so small was any good.
Nuke town looks like it might be similar to rust unfortunately. But a-symmetry is a good sign it won't be. Guess I'll have to wait till I get the game though
also what the fuck no quick scoping??? :( i just learned how to do it two days before black ops came out.
Quick scoping takes actual skill again. Be happy.

Like Alan said, its pretty good once you get used to the maps and stuff, get guns ect. for this reason I will not be prestiging... I mean seriously, level 22 to fucking get camos? There are only like 50 levels in a prestige.

Loving the Galil. M16, Galil, AK74u, L96, Spas. Using those and eating this game up right now.

I almost prestige in this game. I qs alot for the fact that its harder then hell in this game. The shotguns as primaries is a nice change. Also best gun in the is the Famas. Theo nyl issues i have atm is the spawning system.

Rust was pretty fucking awful. Whichever team controlled the tower controlled the game. Which means that if you were stuck with a bad team you just got raped. With shipment you didn't have to rely on your team at all. Thats the only reason a map so small was any good.
Nuke town looks like it might be similar to rust unfortunately. But a-symmetry is a good sign it won't be. Guess I'll have to wait till I get the game though

Quick scoping takes actual skill again. Be happy.
Have you actually sniped? There is no such thing as quick scoping anymore.

As far as the multiplayer goes, it's probably as good as MW2's, but unless they make a few fixes it'll remain in the shadow of CoD4.

Story is, again, coolbeans though.

Just beat the campaign, which was quite enjoyable, some of the 'nam levels were kinda dumb though. I've played three online matches, just trying to get used to the maps, I love the over under shoddy, hilarious. I'm glad shotguns are primaries, the shotgun/pistol combo lives again!

im currently level 29 and i have some of the better weapons so i guess ill post some of my favorite classes.

Galil@ suppresor
hardline
steady aim
ninja

This is my assault class which i use for ground war and tdm. It is really good midrange and is decent close and long range. The first and last perks are self explanitory but i chose steady aim because it makes the galil deadly at close range.

ak74u@ ext mags
ghost
steady aim
ninja/marathon

My rushing and search and destroy class. It is very deadly up close and is decent midrange as well. Ghost is to sneak easier steady aim is to spray easier and the third perk is preference.

l96 @ adjustable zoom scope
ghost/scavenger
sleight of hand
ninja

This is what i mainly use in search and destroy because most people do not expect to be sniped so they run out like idiots. It is as powerful as the intervention with stopping power but it zooms in slower and the kick is also big. Ghost is to remain hidden, sleight of hand is to reload quicker, and ninja is because i am peranoid that someone has a headset.

btw my side arm on all of these is the python with the speed reloader
Frag grenade is used on all of them and so is the claymore as well as the decoy.

i just realized something sorry if its a spoiler but all the "classified" weapons are in the china level of the campaign if you have gotten there yet.

im running:

ak74u @ dual mags
lightweight
slieght of hand
marathon

pretty basic running class, i tried to emulate my old ump45 class which had marathon/lightweight/commando and i figured this is close enough. simple yet effective. got semtex, claymore, stun grenade.

m16 @ red dot sight
hardline
sleight of hand
marathon

just a simple killing class, i use it to camp a lot since the m16 is really good if you can get all 3 bursts to hit its basically a instant kill. i went 10-0 with it on a map so i figure its pretty good. ballistic knife is the sidearm.

famas @ reflex scope
hardline
sleight of hand
marathon

another camping class i use but for different maps than the m16. i usually fire it in manual 3 round bursts though because its hella accurate. i think im going to put the suppressor on it after i get some more money and buy other things first. speed reloader python is the sidearm.

my other classes are just the enfeild and m14 which i just use sometimes when im feeling good about myself. just filler classes. enfield has dual mags and m14 has grip. they both have the m1111 or whatever the pistol is (silver one).

i just wish perk3 was more useful than marathon and i guess ninja. hacker is cool but usually im smart enough to look for obvious claymores so its kinda null for me. unless it delays them when its pro in which case i might look into it.

oh yeah has anyone used the grenade launcher attachment? i used one im mw2 with OMA but that isn't available in black ops so i havent bothered to purchase it yet. is it good/bad/less powerful/the same?

This game is fantastic. The campaign was good enough to keep me interested the whole way through, but I can't imagine myself wanting to play through it too many more times, just like MW2. The zombies will definitely get better and so will I at zombies so I won't make too much of a decision on zombies yet. And of course the multiplayer is just terrific.

Can somebody tell me how you unlock the Classified weapons in multiplayer? I've used all of them and I seriously want them. Oh yeah and the easiest way to see all the classified stuff is by playing in a split-screen local game and create all your classes with classified weapons (preferably with gold camouflage)

AK74u w/ Grip
Ghost
Steady Aim
Ninja

Only gun I've used since I unlocked it at 17. Ghost is honestly so unfair now that you don't have to sacrifice Stopping Power to use it. Steady Aim+Grip is unreal and you don't need to ADS ever.

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
yeah its not nearly as good as MW2 (or COD4 for that matter) but its still p. enjoyable. I fucking hate Nuke Town though

and yeah ak74u and famas <333

Good god more people are using the damn AK74 than the UMP was used.

What were Treyarch thinking when they made this no recoil, large magazine, high mobility atrocity?

Shit like this in games pisses off - I like a little variety in my games, and when every one and their mother is using the same gun out of 40 other possibilities that shows a SERIOUS flaw in balance. Sigh.

after unlocking some of the classified stuff this is my new favorite class

Stoner63@ rds side arm: python with speed reloader
lightweight pro
sleight of hand pro
ninja

good at long range, deadly at mid range and still good at close range. I use this gun all the time for every game mode. I consider it a more powerful famas with a bit less mobility. Lightweight is to move faster sleight of hand for reloads and ads ninja for silence.

Good god more people are using the damn AK74 than the UMP was used.

What were Treyarch thinking when they made this no recoil, large magazine, high mobility atrocity?

Shit like this in games pisses off - I like a little variety in my games, and when every one and their mother is using the same gun out of 40 other possibilities that shows a SERIOUS flaw in balance. Sigh.
I noticed this too. But tbh I expected this. The AK74u has always been an awesome gun in the series.
In MW2 people at least had the choice between.....uh....
Well in CoD4 people at least had the option between the MP5.

Multiplayer is automatically better than MW2's just because noobtubes have been nerfed to hell, and there is no commando perk.

The knife range is still too big though.

pookar

Banned deucer.
game is so much better than MW2's MP... i dont think it can surpass COD4 but its really really close. only thing is that the maps are all average. no real terrible ones, but no real "YES!! vote that" maps.

ive pretty much nly used assault rifles. famas/m16 right now. i used the mp5 to start but god it was so bad. i dont think ill use LMG because of the low mags + low speed. i didnt snipe before so i wont start now

I'm using the skorpion with extended mags, and god is it so hilariously good, I want to try the grip out aswell. I've been playing with shotguns quite a bit too, but haven't decided whether I like the stakeout or olympia more. For assault rifles I'm pretty much only been using the M14 @grip and RDS because semi-auto is where it's AT.

Edit: just unlocked the HS10s, they are ridiculous and hilarious. Also I've unlocked the stonerm pretty much the best LMG ever.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After a prestige of playing. I think this game does surpass any other CoD multiplayer. The game is fantastic and although there are a few niggling problems (spawns and Ghost mainly) I absolutely adore it! I think I spent my £50 already on this game and I am more than satisfied with my purchase.

Also try using an AK74u from any further than about 50m, it just gets beaten out by anything not a shotgun or another submachine gun. The gun balance is near perfect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)