Project Can you make me...

Anyone got something that beats both mew and mimikyu quite reliably?
Doesn’t exist. However Durant should beat most sets. First Impression always murks Mew and Iron Head poses a threat to Kyu and Kyu can’t reliably kill Durant because of its lackluster 90 atk.
Durant @ Insect Plate
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Iron Head
- Filler
- Substitute
Durant is a solid pick outside of Mew and Mimikyu although you’re risking a miss. Mimikyu is weak as shit so you can take two hits regardless of set and if it’s scarf you still Iron Head T1 and on Phantom Force Iron Head again then Sub. Can miss and is prone to high rolls from Adamant LO kyu but is one of the better choices out there.

Another blanket check is Whimsicoot which is somewhat reliable however some choice Mews run poison coverage outside of that you should be able to beat most other variants. Probably Taunt T1 vs Mimikyu and Sub T1 against Mew.
Whimsicott @ Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 128 HP / 164 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast
Mental Herb helps against Taunt on both mons. Although if they have mental herb Taunt as well it’s a 50/50.

D2TheW

Amadán
Anyone got something that beats both mew and mimikyu quite reliably?
Excadrill @ Life Orb/ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Bulldoze
- X-Scissor
Excadrill is pretty much as hard of a counter to Mimi that there is but is also a soft check to Mew as these sets can also beat standard imprison Mew as long as you don't get two incredibly low rolls, or they're not seriously bulked out in physdef (which you can still beat with LO if you know they've dropped speed for physdef by X-scissoring twice). The play is typically to bulldoze then X-scissor with LO or just X-scissor twice with scarf

252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Excadrill Bulldoze vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 144-172 (35.6 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Excadrill X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 255-302 (63.1 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Adamant Scarf Drill with x scissor

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mew: 196-232 (48.5 - 57.4%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

LO is better cos if they transform t1 they just die to bulldoze into bulldoze/EQ cos of the speed drop. It also doesn't lose to sitrus. These sets don't beat any of the choice Mew sets since they pretty much always run Fire coverage (hence why it's a soft check) but those sets are relatively easier to handle if you suss them out. Also I'm sick as fuck so apologies if any of this is wrong/incomprehensible.

Conclusion: MimiMew is a broken core can we ban one of these fuckers already?

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
anyone got a set that beats iron tail haxorus and mew without iron tail missing?
Golisopod @ Life Orb
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 80 Def / 56 SpD
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Sucker Punch
- Liquidation
- Leech Life

First Impression kills every mew except tanga or protect (both of which are extremely rare). You tank any hit from haxorus, whether it's scarf or band, and kill with first impression into sucker.

pqs

Banned deucer.
Can somebody make me a Necrozma set that beats Choice Band Giga Impact Galarian Darmanitan and Modest Specs Dragapult?

Can somebody make me a Necrozma set that beats Choice Band Giga Impact Galarian Darmanitan and Modest Specs Dragapult?
Yes I can
Necrozma @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 168 HP / 196 Def / 144 SpA
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Prismatic Laser
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power

The 168 hp allows u to survive modest specs Draco meteor from dragapult, the 196 defense allows you to survive a choice band darmanitan giga impact, rest goes into special attack with choice specs

Apart from Scarf Dracovish, this should beat others in that list right?
Haxorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 16 HP / 156 Atk / 84 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Tail
- Outrage
- Low Kick
- Aqua Tail

Last edited:
Hello there it's Felucywucy here
Tyranitar Sawk Dracovish Kyurem Gastrodon Rhyperior Steelix Crustle
Heya Felucywucy

Unless i am missing something important, this primarina set should be able to beat that list of mons

Primarina @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Def / 88 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Hydro Cannon
- Aqua Jet

The defensive evs are to tank band sawk while leaving enough for LO, and the special attacking evs to ohko max hp tyranitar.
Energy Ball might be replacable by encore, to give a more reliable roseli kyurem matchup but as i do not know the way gastro plays vs prima i opted for energy ball.
The speed evs are primarily there to outpace specially defensive ttar, which does require predicts to beat at that point and are completely relocatable should you need them.
76 evs left to spread as you see fit.

252 Atk Choice Band Sawk Poison Jab vs. 80 HP / 252 Def Primarina: 244-288 (76 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
88+ SpA Life Orb Primarina Hydro Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 406-478 (100.4 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hey folks,
Anyone have a mon/set that can beat Avalugg, Dracovish, Dragapult, Excadrill, Corviknight?
Bonus points if it can beat Mimi too, cheers

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Bulky LO primarina with some defense investment seems to fit the bill. Run Moonblast/Ice Beam/Aria, with the last slot containing Aqua Jet, Energy Ball, Encore, or Hydro Pump.
Moonblast kills draco and pult (to deal with disable pult, alternate moonblast and ice beam), sparkling aria kills exa and 2hkos corv.

Avalugg can't ohko you (not even with recoil) and can be safely killed with something like ice beam or jet into sparkling aria.

The only possibly tricky part is extremely spedef corv, where you need Hydro Pump to reliably 2hko and can in theory get stalled out with misses, but that's a niche matchup and from 252/100+ corv on you do pretty well.

alright fuckers time to revive a dead thread but i have been wrapping my head around this threatlist for an hour. assume that you need to beat every viable set of every mon on here

Primarina
Dragapult
Crustle
Haxorus
Corviknight
Hawlucha
Since you asked nicely
Sylveon @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
- Reflect
- Fake Tears
Here's a quick 10 minute set, if you got an issue with a possible counter, sorry? You run 209 speed and should win vs most, gl if you continue looking

Since you asked nicely
Sylveon @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
- Reflect
- Fake Tears
Here's a quick 10 minute set, if you got an issue with a possible counter, sorry? You run 209 speed and should win vs most, gl if you continue looking
Gard does well as well
Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 84 Def / 180 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Disable

would it be possible to make a wishiwashi set that beats zeraora and primarina? if possible without sacrificing too much offensive pressure against random other mons (if not oh well, it is just a little fishy at the end of the day)

would it be possible to make a wishiwashi set that beats zeraora and primarina? if possible without sacrificing too much offensive pressure against random other mons (if not oh well, it is just a little fishy at the end of the day)
With Pokemon such as Zeraora & Primarina, that have so many sets ; its hard to find a set that works for very everything. You can focus hard on Zeraora, but lose hard to Primarina, and vise versa. The most common Primarina set atm is what I focused on beating for you :)

Wishiwashi-School @ Choice Band
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 80 HP / 208 Atk / 220 Def
Brave Nature
- Earthquake

Banded Earthquake does 50% min vs Primarina's cm custap set. It lives a Moonblast & a Torrent Hydro Cannon
For Zeraora, if they don't have any stat boosting items or get high rolls you can live and KO with Earthquake

With Pokemon such as Zeraora & Primarina, that have so many sets ; its hard to find a set that works for very everything. You can focus hard on Zeraora, but lose hard to Primarina, and vise versa. The most common Primarina set atm is what I focused on beating for you :)

Wishiwashi-School @ Choice Band
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 80 HP / 208 Atk / 220 Def
Brave Nature
- Earthquake

Banded Earthquake does 50% min vs Primarina's cm custap set. It lives a Moonblast & a Torrent Hydro Cannon
For Zeraora, if they don't have any stat boosting items or get high rolls you can live and KO with Earthquake
am i missing something, it looks like i only need 192 hp to live a hit from zera
252 Atk Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 192 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 236-278 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
am i missing something, it looks like i only need 192 hp to live a hit from zera
252 Atk Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 192 HP / 0 Def Wishiwashi-School: 236-278 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Yea idk what joker's EVs are for apart from maximizing physical bulk (which, due to wishiwashi's lopsided stat distribution, is actually more efficiently done by just dumping EVs in HP)

i will try

my goal is atleast 10 vr mons of my choice to beat (we may or may not work together)

me and adam are competing for it now dam you lrxc

OK first of all,dont expect too much.
but i made 2 sets for you

Sirfetch’d @ Custap Berry
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird/dual wingbeat
- Endure
- Swords Dance

beats both pz with endure beats fast band aggron beats scarf darm beats wisphex pult not the choice ones beats alot of urshes includin subreversal if u have wingbeat

Sirfetch’d @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Meteor Assault
- Poison Jab
- Brave Bird/dual wing beat
beats urshes scarf chomp just barley outspeeds and kills band vish dracozolt too beats wisphex but not the choice ones beats shift gear sect psycial scaf sect av sect

long story short dont get near any fairy or psychic or something with too much bulk

hope u use mine over adams but hey who cares

can u make me a sirfetch'd please, I want it to beat as many VR'd pokemon as possible! THank you so much 1v1 comm1unity :D
Uhh I thought a long time about making this beat a lot of stuff, but it looks like sirfetch'd is gonna be pretty gimmicky.

https://pokepast.es/e75b1b19456e0e36

Custap berry ensures you move first and endure ensures that happens to you.
Sirfetch'd HP and defense allow it to live a choice band pheromosa high jump kick(beauty standards are toxic guys) and click counter, meaning that it does not have to play around pheromosas who know sirfetch'd's set. Meteor assault and flail are two extremely strong moves with PERFECT metagame coverage!!! Flail is used to kill weak offensive threats that resist fighting like pheromosa or naganadel. On the topic of naganadel, 0 spd IVs gives sirfetch'd 169 spdef!!! and also means that naganadel's specs fire blast does over 75%, which means that naganadel has no way to play around custap berry. The rest of the EVs are put into attack so that sirfetch'd has an easier time killing opponents and a 68.8(almost 69 hehe) percent chance to kill naganadel.
36+ Atk Sirfetch’d Flail (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Naganadel: 272-321 (94.7 - 111.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

This set is obviously a huge step up over sporeis' set and also they said that custap sirfetch'd beats most urshifus when it obviously loses to bulk up+ chople so I think they should be eliminated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)