CAP 10 CAP 10 - Part 7 - Art Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn. Submissions closed the day I was going to finish my entry. Oh well. I have another place to dump it. +)

In the mean time, I vote for...

Yilx
Paras Hilton
darkmattr
scampy
Zantimonius
Clawed Nyasu
CyzirVisheen
Keishinkae

This was posted on March 28th. The thread closed April 1st. No warning? Give me a break the thread was opened on March 17th. There was plenty of time to get submissions in.
Many of us assumed that there would be a short grace period between the poll and Art Submissions closing. Several of us simply were planning on getting our final submissions in the day after the secondary ability poll was done. I myself had already completed my entry, but wanted to be able to make an accurate supporting art section.

The reason I complain is that there was no HARD warning as to the deadline, and that there wasn't a grace period, something I honestly feel we should have due to the polls just being so tight sometimes and the fact the art submission times tend to be gambles in and of themselves....

But no use crying over spilt milk. I simply hope you all bring up the concept of a one-day grace period between parts 5b and 7a up at the next Policy meeting.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Many of us assumed that there would be a short grace period between the poll and Art Submissions closing. Several of us simply were planning on getting our final submissions in the day after the secondary ability poll was done. I myself had already completed my entry, but wanted to be able to make an accurate supporting art section.
You can edit your final submission, so you really should have just posted it. There was no need to wait.

The reason I complain is that there was no HARD warning as to the deadline, and that there wasn't a grace period, something I honestly feel we should have due to the polls just being so tight sometimes and the fact the art submission times tend to be gambles in and of themselves....
Point taken, although while there may not be a grace period there definitely will be a hard warning next time.

Point taken, although while there may not be a grace period there definitely will be a hard warning next time.
Thank you.

I wasn't really expecting a grace period per se, but I was kinda banking on a "This thread will be closing in an hour, get all your stuff in order guys" rather than me discovering the thread closed a few minutes after Doug's final post.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Poll is closed. A script will be used to count the votes in a while.

As for the whole "no warning" thing, I don't think there has ever been a warning on the basis of like, minutes. You were warned days in advance that the art poll was going to go up after the secondary ability poll ended, and in reality, there actually *was* an unplanned grace period due to us sorting through the submissions. I'm sorry that you didn't know the exact moment that the thread would close, but to say that you had no warning at all is not true.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here's the vote tally:

Code:
148 cyzirvisheen 
139 aragornbird 
109 cartoons 
105 yilx 
100 clawednyasu 
 97 dougjustdoug 
 92 parashilton 
 69 keishinkae 
 68 darkmattr 
 46 wyverii 
 42 scampy 
 33 seo 
 28 caladbolg 
 26 kassidy 
 26 zantimonius 
 22 theotherdougandpkmntaicho 
 20 headpunch 
 16 regirubber 
 15 antarctros 
 15 banryu 
 13 darthvader 
  7 galacticgrunt 
  4 binarysolo 
  3 lovebite 
  2 swordmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)