CAP 11 CAP 11 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an idea I rather like.
Final Submission

Masochre. [MAS-eh-kur] It's a corruption of Massacre with the letters from Masochism. Masochism means pleasure received from pain or punishment, which fits a living voodoo doll perfectly. It sticks itself with needles and it likes it. Massacre because it's powerful, but darker than just slapping the word "king" or "mega" on it somewhere.

Also I love reachzero's Pinloas.
heh. glad you had the explanation.

at first I thought it was a corruption of massacre which led to a portmanteau of Massacre and Ochre.... because CAP11 is brown I guess lol.

My final submission is Mortoy. It is a combination of the Latin word for death mors, mortis m, and toy, due to the obvious resemblance to a doll.

The prefix Mort is a direct reflection of death, which is closely linked to darkness, evil, and such. In addition, it is related to fighting (i.e. fighting, war, death).

The suffix -toy tops it off nicely by summarizing the physical appearance as a doll/toy.

I got two, both with the same theme:

1) Stitch: simple, reads well, but I dunno about "Wild Stitch appears!", might work better for Doug's prevo.

2) Stitchemup: "Stitch-Em-Up", reads decently, sounds good for a Pokemon I feel.

The reason I want stitch theme is because stitches result from fighting, they are a bit gory and the thing is a stitched up doll! Makes sense to me.

I'm pretty new to this, but could I get some opinions on Forbidoll?
It's like Forbid + Doll and I know it's not that "dark" or "fighting" but hey, whatever works right?

EDIT: And Morbidoll too, which sounds a lot better now that I think about it.

As good as Voodoom is, I'm loving Voojitsu quite a bit. It brings out the fighting aspect, which pretty much none of the other names are doing. And with the art not making the fighting aspect of CAP11 so obvious, the name seems like a good place to make that clarification. Plus, Voojitsu rolls off the tongue incredibly well and is a very fun Fighting/Dark pun (and I love puns).

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Voodoom doesn't roll off the tongue very well. I'm thinking something more like Needler. Brawley would be an excellent idea if we were talking about the pre-evo, but this is supposed to be a behemoth voodoo doll, so no go.

I am going to sumbit the name Voodenstein
This would be more legal if it were within the ten-character limit, like "Vodoustein", but it still doesn't really sound right to me.

2) Stitchemup: "Stitch-Em-Up", reads decently, sounds good for a Pokemon I feel.
Our name drafts are similar (Stitchface/Stitchit), so let me just say that with the "Stitch-" names, three syllables sound a bit forced. But that's just me.

The main problem with Voodoom is that it was intended to be a working name, and so it feels exactly like a working name. I'm continuing to stand by Voojitsu as the best "final draft" of Voodoom.

ooh so close with voojitsu.
curse you other threads.
hmm.
guess i'll just have to have this as my
Final Submission
Voothless

by the way, just to clear it up, i had no idea about you saying that hegdedawg, sry for the confuzzlement
that's cool.

I figured I couldn't be the ONLY person who would think of the logical portmanteau of voojitsu. I'm just lucky that I technically was the first to post it. At least you had a fall back name though, so I don't feel quite as bad.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It was Twelve in the morning.
I was supposed to be asleep na hour ago.
Then it hit me. The perfect name for CAP11.
Better than Voodoom.
It was...

Vuduzela

Voodoo+Vuvuzela. Terrorizing you on the soccer AND Pokemon fields.
And now it's a Final Submission.

Vuduzela. Lol Currently that voodoom are tied for me as vuduzela is too funny and nothing really isb etter than voodoom yet.

Ok, I'll through a couple out (even though most suck).

Voodo (Voo-doe)

A combonation of Voodoo and Judo (A popular ground fighting technique)
(Darn I just read somemore and I'm not the first to do Judo)

Kungvoo (Kung-voo)

A combo of Kung-fu and Voodoo

Edit: I also really support Voojutsu. I just like the way it sounds.

These are cheesy but I'll think up somemore.

Ok, here are some of my opinions:

@reachzero: Pinloas

Now this is pretty good.

@bugmaniacbob: Umbrute

This is another good submission, I enjoy it.

@Chateau: Masochre

By far my favorite. At least it doesn't have Voodoo in it...

Final Submission:

Victupa

Combination of Victus and Doll (Latin for Living and Doll respectively). I thought it fit for the Frankenstein-esque evolution and that fact that it is a voodoo doll.

I have to agree that Voodoom is kind of weird to say out loud, though I think it's the most likely to win thus far.
I like the submissions that focus on Voodoom's primary (Fighting) typing, such as Voojitsu, Pincrushen, and Umbrawl.
Morbidoll is pretty clever, though it focuses more on CAP 11's secondary (Dark) typing.

throwing my support wholeheartedly behind vuduzela, it's a witty play on words with pokemon-like complexity. of course, it doesn"t really fit the pokemon itself; personally for that i'm fond of doug's concept name, voodoom.

Voodoom is perfect imo. It flows off the tongue nicely and its meaning is clear which is generally the case with pokemon names.
In general I personally tend to dislike names that ignore the pokemon itself and are named based purely on its type.

Voodoom is a perfect name, that was also suggested by the creator of the design. Voojitsu is also great. You can also call it Vudujudu, but that is seariously stupid.
Still, I must suggest the name I thought about:

Final submission:

Jabinstein

Edit:
Explanation:
It is a combinaition of jabbing (Jabbing->Jabbin'->Jabin) and frankenstein, whom we all know and love (or not). I hope this captures both types of this pokemon, fightning and dark, and the monsteros design this pokemon has.

UnPro, i like it :)

Anyways, my final submission is:

Pindle

...Mainly so i can feel like i contributed, it's a fusion of Pin and Needle..... pretty basic and crap...

Final Submission:

Crosstitch

I am agog that nobody has suggested that yet.

Besides favourite Voodoom, the other suggestions I've really liked are Dolldrum, Kungvoo and Acupuncher.

I'm torn between GriefGrief, Acupuncher and Trajitsu. Gonna have to go with Trajitsu!

Final Submission

Trajitsu

A combination of Tragedy + Jujitsu. I also really like Puppetear.

Kendoll
(Kendo + Doll)

Stricken
(Strick + Kendo)

Voogloom
(Voodoo + Gloom)

Raggard
(Rag + Haggard)

Forstaken
(Forsake + Stake + Kendo)

Relinquish
(Cos it just sounds cool)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)