CAP 11 CAP 11 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, just gonna go with my initial thought here.

Final Submission

Misfist - "Misfit" and "Fist"
Misfit encompasses the feel of a loner, while having an obvious dark conotation. It seems to fit well with the general idea of the Pokemon, taking abuse for being less than the norm.
Fist is the obvious fighting tie in that flows well with the pre-exsisting word base.

Final Submission:

Darknit

This is a portmanteau of Dark and Knit, which fit with its typing and appearance. It is pronounced like "darn it," which is a kiddified version of "damn it," damnation being associated with darkness.

FINAL SUBMISSION

Gonna go ahead and make Muayneca my FINAL SUBMISSION. That's Muay Thai + Muñeca. Muñeca is Spanish for doll.

Honestly, only one of the names so far have really struck a chord with me. Voodoom is just cheesy enough for Gamefreak to use on a real Pokemon...

So my vote is for Voodoom!

meh, why not, I'll cast my lot. (though it looks like vodoom is the fan favorite XD)

final submission
Wrathigy

Wrath- Extreme anger
Effigy- A crude representation of someone/thing

Clearly this is an angry looking creature, and effigy fits in with the theme of the design. Not to mention effigies are usually created with the purpose of maligning someone/thing (similarly to a voodoo doll). and yeah, that's my 5 cents.

Final Submission

Fuedoo

fued + voodoo say wha... my other name was gonna be fuedooman for shaman/fued/etc but whatever Fuedoo is mine

Final Submission:
Voodung

I know, I know. It's a pretty shitty name, but it's been stuck in my head for some time now. I still think it's worth pushing for, though.

After some thought, I will submit one of two things.

1. Compatch (Combat+patch)

2. Compation (Combat+patch+Compassion)

Combat because of the fighting type, patch and compassion because of the heart shaped patch. Which one do you guys like more? If you like the second one, could you tell me if you'd like it more if it was spelled like it is, or as Compatchon.

Final Submission:
Compatch (Combat+Patch)
Opinions are still welcome, of course.

VooDude? kinda corney but hey :P
(if someone already suggested that sry, i dont feal like reading all the posts)

Because i'm lazy, would somebody mind making a list of names that have been finally submitted?
Here you (and anyone else wondering if a name has already been submitted up to the time of this post) go.

Brawley
Compatch
Compatch
Crosstitch
Darknit
Evilcise
Fuedoo
Jabinstein
Jeetkundol
Judoll
Kungvoo
Masochre
Misfist
Mortoy
Muayneca
Necrovenge
Needenge
Needlect
Needoll
Painduel
Pinanimus
Pindle
Pindoll
Pinloas
Prievil
Puppetear
Recompin,
Sendoo
Spight
Taekwondol
Trajitsu
UMBRAWL
Victupa
Voodeira
Voodenstein
Voodoom
Voodung
Voojitsu
Voosire
Voothless
Vudenstein
Vudugete
Vuduzela
Wrathigy

I personally like Puppetear and Vuduzela, though Cap11 isn't a marionette and I'm not sure what Vuduzela is referencing. Voodoom sounds more appropriate for it though, and it's what GameFreak would probably name something like this pokemon.

Final Submission:
Sameki

Origin:
Baron Samedi is one of the Loa of Haitian Vodou, who represents both the dead and the giver of life. As Togekiss represents happiness, the giver of life would be a natural partner. The ki is obviously from Togekiss, showing Cap 11's relationship with Togekiss.

Pronounciation: Saam-ey-key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)